Golf Drills

What Are Your Favorite Courses in Ontario

Try Blackbear Ridge in belleville

Smugglers Glen is great in Gananoque too

Elmira Golf course in Elmira is nice

Ottercreek in Woodstock is very challenging too 

Lucky this thread came up -- will be in  Barrie and Ottawa in early May. Suggestions for courses in those areas?  Will the weather be okay?

• Like 1

Barbajo, I haven't played any courses around there but take a look at Golfnow to get an idea by pricing what is nice and the weather will be fine.

Being from Quebec, I've only played Ontario courses in and around Ottawa.  Here is my top 3 after having played maybe only around 10 different courses in Ottawa:

1-  The Marches

2-  Kanata

3-  GreyHawk

That said, I truly believe that Nation Golf Course in Curran, On is a little gem.  Very affordable and fun to play. 

There is also a lot of good golf on the Quebec side.  That would be for another thread if there is interest, lmk.  (Waiting for the question: where is Quebec? - lol)

Osprey Valley is a 54 hole track northwest of Toronto that is an awesome layout and should be on anyone's bucket list. Walked 36 holes and then carted the last 18 all on the same day.

An hour north of Barrie is the Muskoka region of Ontario which is incredibly beautiful. More lakes than Minnesota (there I said it). I played Mike Weir's course called Taboo which is about 50 minutes north of Barrie. It is was nice since it was cut out of the rock. 

In south western ontario, I have always been a fan of forest city national in London, Ontario. Not a spectacular golf course, but a really solid layout. It doesn't hurt that I have always shot low there.

If you are close to the Michigan border there are so many cheap course within an hour drive. Shepherds Hollwo springs to mind.

One of my favourite courses in this area is Rebel Creek. They're part of an evil conglomerate out to destroy golfing in the tricities, but it is a beautiful course.

• Like 2

Piper's Heath in Milton solid course!

Also Crosswinds in Burlington

Brampton has a great and VERY Challenging short course called Turnberry Hole 1 and 18 are Par 4's the rest are Par 3's Great shape, fast greens. Bring a lot of golf balls if your iron game is off. :)

I played Royal Ontario off of Trafalgar and it was challenging with small greens on par 3's and change of elevation holes. Greens were in great condition. Favourite hole for me was 9.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

We play Blackhorse near Kincardine. They cut back a lot of the really penal heather. It's a nice track with some long and short par threes, some elevation changes and some good risk reward holes. A little pricy, but the customer service has improved immensely over the last 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Any courses people are looking at trying out in 2017? Personally I am hoping to get to Osprey Valley and Tarandowah sandwiched around a trip I am taking to Michigan over the May long weekend. I have heard great things about Pipers Heath and Glen Abbey has been on my bucket list since I attended a Canadian open there as a kid (although I'm not sure I have the game for that yet). Anybody else?

• Like 1

I've lived in Muskoka for 18 years now (Huntsville is the north end) and I usually play at Huntsville Downs. Sometimes I play North Granite Ridge. Both have mixed terrain and lots of forested areas (NGR is a little tighter than a high handicapper like me is comfortable with sometimes 8=).

The Downs has had some issues in the past years, but new ownership seems committed to a higher quality experience.

I've played Deerhurst Lakeside a couple of times and The Mark O'Mera course (which is incredible but expensive). I hope this year to get to the Deerhurst Highlands course. It's on my bucket list for sure.

Not sure where I'll get to outside of the Muskokas this year, but the Abbey has always been a dream.

I'm a little biased as I work at Rideau View Golf Club just outside of Ottawa. If anyone's in the area PM me and I can show you the course.

Played Victoria Park East in Guelph about a month and a half ago - fun little course with some interesting holes.  

• Like 1

Played Victoria Park East in Guelph about a month and a half ago - fun little course with some interesting holes.  

Was wondering if you ever made it to the area for a round. That is a nice little course, hope you enjoyed your trip!

Rolling Rock in London.

Ambassador in Windsor - hands down the best value round of golf I'm aware of.  Sometimes hit the Score Golf top 50 public courses. 

Forest City National in London.

Glen Abbey of course. 

Kingsville in Kingsville.

Erie Shores in Leamington - shorter layout but always in top condition.   

Going to the Canadian Open on Saturday this year and we're going to hit up the nearby Crosswinds just north of Burlington on Sunday. Looking forward to that. 

• Like 1