Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Distinguished Gentlemen's Thread

The Dansome

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet you can get more than a virus from some of them. You can catch stuff that gasoline and a match will not cure.:P

Not to mention about scaring the hell outta of Penicillian or Tricyclene

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I still gotta few holes to go!! LOL :-)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I better not make the comment that comes to mind.:rolleyes:

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Someone may need to PM RevKev and tell him to avoid this thread, it is getting way more explicit that I want to share with a man of the cloth.

Really different?

No not really. That was just my side comment, trying to be cute, about the Tiffany's at McDonald's. The fanciest things that McDonald's rocks here is Ciabatta buns and most now have a high end coffee machine to try and take a bite out of the major coffee business here (Vancouver runs on coffee and sushi).

I'm lucky. The missus doesn't like Tiffany's. On the other hand, her love for all things Coach is a different story...

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I've forgotten, what were we talking about to begin with?

How I want RP to come out and visit us. And when we go get him at the airport, how I'll be dressed up as a Yeti :lol:

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

R.P. seems to be as big in Pittsburgh as Big Ben!!

Is this thread about golf, women, abuse, trouble...heck it's just fun!!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

HA! I expect you to come out now. Tee time for 4 already booked. Next on the First tee, RP, Tuna, Manbearpig and Mrs. Manbearpig. I think the other 4 prime suspects from this thread should be on deck as well.

Secondly that add lies! All lies! That blonde in the glasses has been checkin me out all morning. :)

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• SPY VIP

This thread is what MGS is all about. The patio at a public course after all us regulars have played and we're shooting the sh*t. I love MGS because it's a non-pretentious place to hang and have serious discussions about golf. You know how easy it's been after these past few months to feel at home here? It's guys like you RP.

I've had 3 people at work ask me about those golf "forums" I hang out at and if they need to get on and join. A lot of them are new to golf and worried it won't have a casual enough atmosphere. It's so easy to lure them in now when I can tell them it's such a fun group @ MGS, that I started a thread, got a guy to eat dinner at McDonald's and sleep on the couch on Saturday night. They have a good laugh and tell me they can't wait to join. I know one of them has, "SHE" just hasn't got around to posting yet.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

If there is anyway possible, I will show up even if I am not invited. However, at this point I am probably more likely to drop in on Stephen in Frankfort than go to Vancouver, but I was supposed to be in Frankfort, just passing through, on Sunday, yet, I was here playing my local course with a three week delay.

• SPY VIP

If there is anyway possible, I will show up even if I am not invited. However, at this point I am probably more likely to drop in on Stephen in Frankfort than go to Vancouver, but I was supposed to be in Frankfort on Sunday, yet, I was here playing my local course with a three week delay.

As post 100 of this thread I would like to formally invite you to join us in Vancouver.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

As post 100 of this thread I would like to formally invite you to join us in Vancouver.

Well, thanks. We will see.

I knew Stephen did not live in Frankfort but in Hamburg. That is why I was not trying to contact him because I was just in Frankfort for a few hours. That is a long way from Hamburg. Well, 305 miles, but it is 5000+ from here now so, that is damn near in the neighborhood.:D

Indeed. I will however not dress up like a Yeti :lol:

Side note: Nic, Tim and I were chatting in another thread about possibly doing a MGS outing in Bandon. It's a long but doable drive for Mr/Mrs MBP and I and I imagine an easier place to get to for yourself Rick as well as RP and anyone else.

I imagine we could probably twist T's arm into coming if work/family allowed for it.

• SPY VIP

Indeed. I will however not dress up like a Yeti :lol:

Side note: Nic, Tim and I were chatting in another thread about possibly doing a MGS outing in Bandon. It's a long but doable drive for Mr/Mrs MBP and I and I imagine an easier place to get to for yourself Rick as well as RP and anyone else.

I imagine we could probably twist T's arm into coming if work/family allowed for it.

I'd do the Oregon Coast again for sure.

We can fix the one regret from our last trip not playing here: https://www.bandoncrossings.com/

Of course we only had time to stop, hit balls and stretch. Oh and I did roll an ATV on top of me 4 hours earlier......

PS:

I'll add these 2 as well that I'd want to venture to as well if it's doable

http://oceandunesgolf.com/

http://www.gearhartgolflinks.com/

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I'd like to note that for all these guys a Vancouver trip is still a must

No argument. There's a bunch of courses that need to be played up here. Even more if we could venture up to the interior.

Pagoda Ridge, Northview, Bear Mountain, Furry Creek, Nickalus North are all top notch. Then things like Predator Ridge in the interior plus the ones from your review before.

• SPY VIP

No argument. There's a bunch of courses that need to be played up here. Even more if we could venture up to the interior.

Pagoda Ridge, Northview, Bear Mountain, Furry Creek, Nickalus North are all top notch. Then things like Predator Ridge in the interior plus the ones from your review before.

Note to mention my Kelowna trip thread.

Have you played Pagoda?

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Dude, please. Anyone that would have me in their city, hell, they'd be honered to have a real, live Texan..lol. Hell, we may be sharin a two single bed room, but that'd just give us more $ for beer & golf..

I loved Toronto & my buddy says Vancouver is better.

And since we're throwin invites around, Pittsburgh's always open, even if you're just passin through the airport, call me and we'll grab a drink, make up some good lies, and start another thread or just keep addin onto this one..LOL

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Somehow the prospect of sharing a room with you does little to add to the allure of this, but I take your point. :lol:

Note to mention my Kelowna trip thread.

Have you played Pagoda?

Only the first 6 holes before an unexpected storm rolled in and they blared the lightning horns.

Only the first 6 holes before an unexpected storm rolled in and they blared the lightning horns.

Do they actually have lightening horns? At my club if you do not have enough sense to come in than that is your problem.

I was told by two different course/club owners in Texas that don't have "lightening horns" that in fact most Texans don't have the sense that they were born with(which ain't too much to start with..lol) & that in fact many thought that they were just pick-up truck anti-theft sirens & everyone ran to the parking lots to save their trucks, so they decided that it wasn't worth it & that this could in fact be helpful in a "thinning the heard" sorta way...LMAO

BTW, I'm stayin by myself in Vancouver :-)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Well, I have to admit that if I heard the horn, I might be inclined to say that I will come in when I am damned good and ready. We do have tornado sirens. But Richard, for you comment defaming my state I am going to have to retype a post from yesterday that I deleted, on the grounds that it was unfair to the people who lived in Youngstown and Wheeling.

Dude, please. Anyone that would have me in their city, hell, they'd be honered to have a real, live Texan..lol. Hell, we may be sharin a two single bed room, but that'd just give us more $ for beer & golf..

I loved Toronto & my buddy says Vancouver is better.

And since we're throwin invites around, Pittsburgh's always open, even if you're just passin through the airport, call me and we'll grab a drink, make up some good lies, and start another thread or just keep addin onto this one..LOL

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I had no idea that they moved Pittsburgh but this is obviously the case because Pittsburgh was not on the way to anywhere. I thought the only reason to be passing through Pittsburgh was mechanical failure and medical emergency. :D

I did pass through Pittsburgh back in the last century on my way back from the Poconos. It was the first time I experienced the Airmall or anything like it and I still have a Speedo Jacket that wads up into a small ball, and is in my golf bag. And has been for 15 years. But now only been a back up for quite some time.

Do they actually have lightening horns? At my club if you do not have enough sense to come in than that is your problem.

We don't get lightening very often but when we do it moves fast. I know squat about weather for the most part but something about the air pressure we get pushes the storms into the lakes/rivers extremely quickly when they come in. Then the possible effected area of a storm that might have lightening in it expands hugely and very fast. Thus people usually can't see it much before it hits and hence the sirens.

They also tend to be more safe then sorry in their outlook here. Most places will blare the horns, get everyone in quickly and just have them chill. Most of the time, you can head back out shortly but not always.

Archived