Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Support your local Clubmaker

PlaidJacket

Exactly, I can trade them in for 150, but after spending 1200 by the time the fitting was done, 150 is a slap in the face. I will never buy new ever, ever again, it's a total rip off

I echo that sentiment.  I troll the used rack a lot more since I can get the clubs at a fraction of the cost and grip and reshaft at home if I need to.  Just added a Callaway X2hot 3 deep to my bag that was a demo for $69 and demo is a loose term since the head did not have a ball mark on it.  Last summer it would have cost me three to four times that amount for the same club.  

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Exactly, I can trade them in for 150, but after spending 1200 by the time the fitting was done, 150 is a slap in the face. I will never buy new ever, ever again, it's a total rip off

SHHHH. You want everyone else to wise up??? ;)

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

OK, I have to ask.  Why only TWGT irons and wedges and not woods?

Good question. I bought the irons and wedges in August of 2014 mostly because I didn't really have the money at that time to get the woods/hybrids, etc. I also didn't have the time at that time to spend another day/appointment for driver fitting. However, I have a appointment scheduled for March 27th to fit for a new Wishon driver. I'll be getting the 919THI. I've already tested it a little and like it. I'll also get fit for a new hybrid and a 3-wood. Or some combination of the two. The driver I'll get is non-adjustable. It will be hand selected and bent to the specs my fitter/fitting recommends.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Thanks PJ,  I'll be looking forward to your experience in March.  There is a Wishon fitter a couple of hours from me with some nice courses nearby.  When it get a little warmer, I might make a trip for a round or two and schedule a fitting.  I am looking to change out my woods/hybrids so thought I would see what they have.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Where I live in Texas I have to drive about 4 hours each way to see my fitter to get the clubs I have. There is no one closer. Some are even further. So don't give me the one-hour drive excuse. I have no pity. LOL 

It's 30 minutes for me to get to ANY town and an hour to one with any type of golf store or fitter.

I don't get to the Twin Cities often, but I'm hoping to combine a fitting at 2nd Swing with an MGS get together later this year and make it a "golf-tastic" experience. ;)

I've spent far more money on impulse purchases and "self fitting" over the years than I care to think about.  I'm not really committed to buying anything else, unless it's a substantial improvement over what I've already got.  That said, after injuring my shoulder last year, I want to get a complete fitting to ensure I've got the best equipment for ME and then stick with it for the long haul.  In the long run, it will be cheaper and be better for me to go ahead and do it sometime this spring.

Then I need to start listing stuff on the MGS classifieds and clear out my "warehouse."

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Archived