What equipment are you thinking about?

null

18 minutes ago, cnosil said:

New putter is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.  Been researching shafts and grips and while I’ll try the putter as delivered everything could be changed.  The shaft isn’t one of the typical stock steel shafts so it will be interesting to see how it performs.   the grip is probably a definite swap.  

I’ve been looking at the high end putter shafts and think I have narrowed it down to KBS GPS, Diamana, and Accra Sync.   Been putting with a putter at HQ that has the Sync and I love the feel…I know the putter head has an influence in the feel.  

the grip will most likely end up being a super stoke.  Want to find the right profile,  looking for something a little more round. In one of the pictures on the site it shows a grips that looks right but can’t find it in their list of available grips.   Counterbalanced ones seem to have the desired shape but they are typically longer and not sure the head weight on the new putter will be high enough.  

still some pondering but that’s the fun of buying new equipment.  

What did you end up going with for the head?

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

7 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

What did you end up going with for the head?

A blade from a non major OEM.  I have used one of his putters in the past and  liked; found a newer model at a price I was happy with.  

pictures will come; this is just the thinking thread 😂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 minutes ago, cnosil said:

A blade from a non major OEM.  I have used one of his putters in the past and  liked; found a newer model at a price I was happy with.  

Looking forward to seeing what the end result is!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

45 minutes ago, cnosil said:

New putter is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.  Been researching shafts and grips and while I’ll try the putter as delivered everything could be changed.  The shaft isn’t one of the typical stock steel shafts so it will be interesting to see how it performs.   the grip is probably a definite swap.  

I’ve been looking at the high end putter shafts and think I have narrowed it down to KBS GPS, Diamana, and Accra Sync.   Been putting with a putter at HQ that has the Sync and I love the feel…I know the putter head has an influence in the feel.  

the grip will most likely end up being a super stoke.  Want to find the right profile,  looking for something a little more round. In one of the pictures on the site it shows a grips that looks right but can’t find it in their list of available grips.   Counterbalanced ones seem to have the desired shape but they are typically longer and not sure the head weight on the new putter will be high enough.  

Tell me more about the effect difference in a graphite vs. steel putter shaft. Is it more about swing weight and how the head feels or is there a significance to the torque effect?

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

12 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Looking forward to seeing what the end result is!

Inquiring minds wanna know!!!

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway Paradym TD 9* or Ping 425 9* / TaylorMade Mini 11.5*  

Hybrids: PXG 0317 17*, 19*

Irons: New Level 5-PW 902PD 6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM10 48, 52; TaylorMade MG4 56* (TW Grind)

Putter: SeeMore Black MiniGiant

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X or Callaway Chrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63748-bridgestone-mindset-golf-ball-testing-sampling-and-shot-scope-ops/?do=findComment&comment=1046248

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

53 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Can’t wait to see the pics.  I am curious to see what shaft you will have on it.  Hopefully it’s a graphite shaft!

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x (MGS Tester ‘24) / GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

Been thinking about the True Linkswear Original 1.2 shoes. Anyone that has tried the True Original models that also wears barefoot shoes tell me how they are flexibility wise. Are they stiffer or about the same compared to normal barefoot shoes?

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

42 minutes ago, Preeway said:

Tell me more about the effect difference in a graphite vs. steel putter shaft. Is it more about swing weight and how the head feels or is there a significance to the torque effect?

From what I understand, it is about how much the shaft torques/bends during the stroke.   Many will say there is zero effect because of how slowly the putter moves.  Others will say that increasing head weights create more flex in the shafts even at slow speeds.   Swingweight is generally a meaningless measurement in putters but all shafts can alter the balance point to change the swingweight and how a putter feels.   The generalization is that the decreases torque and stiffness helps deliver the face more consistently  than current steel shafts. People will also say that they help with distance control.     

steel shafts also did the same thing in the past,. There were pencil shafts, the YSC that Cameron made famous,  and other stiffness profiles but were never marketed like the graphite shafts.  

Kind of to summarize, it is like any other shaft through the set which one gives you the best club delivery to minimize face angle deviation.   Some will say the newer graphite shafts do a better job and others say anything works the same and it is player skill.  I haven’t seen a definitive answer either way…kind of like shaft puring/spining.  

3 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

Can’t wait to see the pics.  I am curious to see what shaft you will have on it.  Hopefully it’s a graphite shaft!

That’s the current plan.  Currently it has a steel shaft but one that doesn’t seem to have a lot of published info.

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I’ve been thinking of star grips for some time now and just pulled the trigger on a full set. I’m tired of always buying grips when I change something. I’m hoping these last longer and are easy to reuse. The MyGolfSpy review helped my decision.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63748-bridgestone-mindset-golf-ball-testing-sampling-and-shot-scope-ops/?do=findComment&comment=1046248

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

14 hours ago, Grip said:

I believe I need a driving iron and a blade putter.

I was under the same assumption cause I’ve struggled with my 3W but after I got one I learned that it’s really tough to hit crisply off anything but a good lie and when it was even a little soft then I ended up taking my 4i. I just really worked a lot on the 3W. The 2i spends a lot more time in the bag or staying in the car than I would like

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

Been looking at getting more playable irons for a while now playing the LTDX irons are fantastic and I love them, but due to being more higher handicap irons I want more of a games iron.  Problem is I need at least +1” longer irons and trying to get a decent trade in price. Crazy that 2 yr old irons that I paid 1200 for are now like 250$ trade in price. Looking at the P790s, some mizuno or even looking into the srixons, maybe the forge tech cobras since I’ve always played cobra irons. Really would like to hit a few of them to see how they feel and sound. 

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

have fun with it, and sink some putts...

committed to performance excellence

23 minutes ago, PrismFlopper said:

Been looking at getting more playable irons for a while now playing the LTDX irons are fantastic and I love them, but due to being more higher handicap irons I want more of a games iron.  Problem is I need at least +1” longer irons and trying to get a decent trade in price. Crazy that 2 yr old irons that I paid 1200 for are now like 250$ trade in price. Looking at the P790s, some mizuno or even looking into the srixons, maybe the forge tech cobras since I’ve always played cobra irons. Really would like to hit a few of them to see how they feel and sound. 

If you know your fitting numbers give New Level a look. They are discontinuing the fantastic 623 CB and MB irons and you can get them fully customized for a great price. 5-PW only $600. I have a set of the 902PDs that are similar and they’re fantastic. You can then sell your old clubs on eBay. newlevelgolf.com/products/623-cb

1 hour ago, Jim Shaw said:

have fun with it, and sink some putts...

That is all I am trying to do.  Having fun and trying different things with putters is what I do 😂

Thinking about investing in a Cleveland Hywood 4 hybrid. I like the idea of longer shaft and maybe taking the 4 iron out of my bag. I was considering a Ping G430 7wood but I think the like the idea of the hybrid more. Anybody playing the Hywood and wants to give me their thoughts it would be much appreciated.

Mizuno MX25 Irons 4-GW

Cleveland Tour Action 56 Degree Wedge

Cleveland Tour Action 60-Degree Wedge

Bobby Jones 3 Hybrid

Callaway Rogue 3 Wood

Ping G20 Driver

3 hours ago, Firmadge said:

Thinking about investing in a Cleveland Hywood 4 hybrid. I like the idea of longer shaft and maybe taking the 4 iron out of my bag. I was considering a Ping G430 7wood but I think the like the idea of the hybrid more. Anybody playing the Hywood and wants to give me their thoughts it would be much appreciated.

I recently tried out the Cleveland Hywood 4 hybrid and found it quite pleasing.  At first I was searching for the 3 hywood, but unfortunately, it wasn't available at the time. The 4 hywood was easy to hit and offered good distance. After comparing it with the Ping G425 hybrid and the Sim 2 hybrid, I personally found the Cleveland to be the better choice. It provided better dispersion and distance for my game. I hope this helps. 

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

I  believe I will be giving this a try when it launches.

IMG_3097.jpeg

WITB:

D: :ping-small: G430 Max 10k ping 2.0 65s

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 Kai Li White 70x

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-7i:  :titleist-small: T200 recoil 110 s

7i-PW: :titleist-small: T150 recoil 110 s

52°, 56° & 60°: Kirkland V2 

P:   :EVNROLL: ER2 

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

16 hours ago, Firmadge said:

Everyone is different, and def test it for yourself, but for me the 3+ Hy-Wood didn't work so well - I did not like the counterbalance.

Don't know if they still offer a version without, unless of course that is what you're looking for.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

12 hours ago, Patrick Dawes said:

I can’t shake a want for the LAB df3 since I tested it out at a club champion they are so igly but hit the ball so clean

I wanted and still want the LAB, but tried the SeeMore MiniGiant and have really improved my putting with it. Hit one if you get the chance and see what you think.