Sschaffer24

Modern Golf Experience. Post One & Two.

Truespec is the place in the US and they have places around the world now. Hoyt and Kyle are the co-owners and are part of the people that started Modern Golf. You will be in good hands with them.

Yeah....I'm just going to need them to open one in NC....

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Max,

Thanks for the kind words and good luck! The group up there is amazing and well worth visiting! Let us know how it goes!

How were the cost of the clubs? Pretty close to retail or was there an upcharge?

They were expensive because of how they're billed. You pay for the head and the shafts separate. I haven't directly compared the cost of each shaft upgrade on top of the cost of the clubs If I would have bought them all separately. I feel that with what I did I payed close to market price for the set, if anything maybe a little more. It's totally worth it though for the build quality and attention to detail they gave my clubs though!

Did a driver fitting yesterday, wrote about my experience if anyone is interested. Bear with me, first time writing something like this.

- Max

Max we would love to hear about it! Are you planning on posting it in this thread or in one of your own?

Excited to hear your take!

It's either bad batch of balls or you just don't compress Snell balls the same as you do other brands. Looking at my numbers from the recent Nike ball testing they're right on par, and I'll say my Titleist numbers are right in line with those.

I wouldn't read too much into it, this is precisely why there's different brands of balls for different players.

attachicon.gifpost-872-0-15271700-1467737494_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifpost-872-0-29852400-1467737507_thumb.jpg

My thoughts exactly

Well I just got word that I won a twitter contest for a free Modern Golf fitting. Will be getting that scheduled and will absolutely post my thoughts on their work. Will be going for a new driver and hoping to evaluate loft/lie/shaft/yardage gaps in my irons and wedges. Should be fun!

• Like 3

Awesome news and congratulations! Enjoy the fitting and please make sure to update us with how it goes! 

Now that's what I call a fitting. I really want to find a place that has that many shaft options to try. That's an amazing set you ended up with. I really want to try those Best Grips grips out. I've heard really good things about them. Now to start searching the internet for the best custom club fitting locations in or near South Carolina.

Hershey it really was a fantastic experience and the differences from one shaft to another and just how much of a change in actual, tangible numbers was amazing. I highly recommend for someone to give an experience like this a shot if they can!

And it was an expensive trip, but I wasn't price gouged or anything. The value that Modern Golf provided me was worth every dollar I spent. It was considerably more than buying in store. That being said, it wasn't nearly the same experience and the quality is second to none!

Now that's what I call a fitting. I really want to find a place that has that many shaft options to try. That's an amazing set you ended up with. I really want to try those Best Grips grips out. I've heard really good things about them. Now to start searching the internet for the best custom club fitting locations in or near South Carolina.

club champion is in Atlanta. Thinking of going there and trying them out.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Did my fitting today. Was an unreal experience. I will put together a full write-up for tomorrow, but I had a great time! Great store, great experience and I was able to unlock a level of performance I did not think existed. It was absolutely mind-blowing the results I got from a proper fit. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    jjt2

• By Mr. Shank Dawg
      Great forum, great community, and I am sure one of the knowledgeable members has come across this question before (or, can point me in the right direction).  I have used the search bar some to pin point this topic to some effect, but haven't come across the answer that satisfies my curiosity.  I already know and understand a dynamic fitting and static fitting work best for shaft fitting and it's hard to beat a good (and patient) fitter.  
      My question pertains to online iron shaft fitting/recommendations from most of the shaft manufacturers and/or online fitting services: How relevant is a question regarding iron distance (say, 6i carry) when your current 6i loft and the set you are interested in purchasing is different?  I could ,theoretically, hit my 6i 170 yards using a 26* loft but only hit my buddies 6i 155 yards using 29*...these are just relative numbers to express a questionable point... with all other variables being the same (relatively speaking) but loft.
      My interpretation of the line of questions for iron shaft recommendation is that it is generating results based on flight and dispersion preferences along with swing speed/power/carry distance.  However, if my current 6i is 26* and is allowing me to move the ball 170yds down the fairway, how good is the online fitting tool going to be if the new set I am interested in has a more traditional loft to it?  Am I totally off base in this line of thinking?  Are the manufacturers shaft recommendations useless? 
      Again, I apologize if this has already been discussed ad nauseam.  Happy golfing!
    • By cksurfdude
      Matt Saternus (used to be with MGS) of PluggedInGolf.com posted an interesting article...
      "Do wedge shafts matter?"
      https://pluggedingolf.com/do-wedge-shafts-matter-golf-myths-unplugged/
      He tested in a similar style to MGS using a variety of recreational players and identical wedge heads with different shafts, then swapping them among the players and having them hit different short game shots. Results are measured by Trackman at a Club Champion.
      The questions he was looking to "Confirm" or "Bust" include...
      Myth #1 – A wedge shaft can create more spin
      Myth #2 – A wedge shaft can change launch angle
      Myth #3 – A wedge shaft can improve accuracy
      Myth #4 – A wedge shaft can improve consistency
      Myth #5 – The same shaft will fit all your wedges
      Interesting and informative article .. worth a look!
      https://pluggedingolf.com/do-wedge-shafts-matter-golf-myths-unplugged/
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      As an avid MGS'er, you know doubt have read about, or even tried, TrueGolfFit - Adam and Tony's personalized online golf fitting engine. You give TrueGolfFit what amounts to your swing DNA, and the engine's algorithms search and filter the mountain of data MyGolfSpy has collected over the years to deliver to you your best fit and first alternative driver. And the fit is guaranteed!
      Now, what if you combine that online fitting with Global Golf's U-try driver demo program? For $25 Global Golf will send you the driver of your choice, brand-new and unopened, to try on your home course for two weeks. If you like it, keep and and the $25 goes toward your purchase price. Don't like it? Send it back. The shipping is all taken care of.
      At MyGolfSpy we're all about having forum members put things to real live tests to experience for themselves what a club/device/program etc does, and to bring honest, unbiased feedback to the rest of the forum.
      This testing was a bit unique as it involved two separate entities that MGS combined into one experience.   As such it took a bit of patience to get all the pieces moving in the correct direction but in the end I think our testers will be able to give some solid feedback on, TrueGolfFit, Global U Try and most fun of all the drivers they were fit for.
      Note: Due to the nature of this testing where the testers get to keep the driver, they will not be able to review the return process.  Feel free to hit them up with all the questions you can think of, I know they are eager to get going. 
      Goaliewales14 Stage 1
      GoalieWales14 Stage 2
      GB13 Stage 1
      GB13 Stage 2
      808Nation Stage 1
      808Nation Stage 2
      Eseay32 Stage 1
      Eseay32 Stage 2

• By Dukester34
      Hi everyone, I just joined, and I appreciate the forum.  Cool, just what I was looking for. 

I am trying to understand why I am hooking my new Apex Pro Irons.  

My previous irons, Taylor Made, I couldn't draw to save my life, payed them straight or with a slight fade.  I was fitted with the Callaway irons and they looked pretty good on the monitor, good feel, 4,000 rpm, pretty straight.

The issue I am 6'6" and I play 2 degrees upright, 1.5 inches longer, and jumbo grips.  So what I test isn't exactly what I get.  The shaft is True Temper XP 95, S300.

I received the production clubs, and now if I hit a 3/4 shot it goes straight; if I hit a stock stock it draws left of the flag even if I am aligned correctly, and if I hit a full shot, the ball draws well left of the flag.

I am a 4 handicap player and generally a very good iron player.  I can't tell if the irons have a draw bias, or if the shaft is wrong.  

Any suggestions on what to try, or any experience with Apex Pro irons?  Thanks much,  Rob
    • By chiefyarbs
      My family presented me with the opportunity to buy any putter I wanted really and would love to do a bit more than just go find something at PGA Tour Superstore that I happen to like that day as that's how I bought the two putters I've used the last five years or so.
      I know should probably be looking for SAM labs but if anyone has recommendations as to who or where or any other advice I'd love to hear it! Do know of Club Champion & the Southlake Golf Galaxy have the SAM lab but that's about it so far as haven't had a ton of time to research.
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!