ole gray

Random Thread

48 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Not sure right thread but here goes.
A great friend passed away this weekend at only 74 years old after a 1.5 years of absolute torture where death was a relief for him.
Bad golfer but fantastic human being. Golf was a social event to spend time with the guys and his wife who he was dedicated to.
Now this guy was humble, respectful and honestly liked by everyone. First guy in my life where no one had a negative word for him.
He was born in Virginia did his military stint in Nam earning the Bronze Star with Valor. Obviously I don’t need to go into his heroics. Joined the DEA and was part the South Miami shootouts, helped bring down the Noriega drug cartel. The list of accomplishment & accommodations are numerous. It was supposed to be a small gathering but police and special agents came from Texas, Miami & NY. Including a retired Admiral from Coast Guard who worked with this man.
We lost a friend but the Country lost a great American.
K, said my piece.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Sorry for your loss Rick. Sounds like a great guy.

• Like 2

Perks of having a child choose a university in one of dads favorite places to visit. She will be 30 minutes away from HHI. I think dad will need to plan extra visits. 
241E05A6-0E8A-43B3-91D5-8D6E3A393885.thumb.jpeg.510b1baa52ab67e2d67bbdbbdc5ffc81.jpeg
2B1DE245-BBE7-4013-92E9-3BE92219321C.thumb.jpeg.0e81284d34408eb37fc517123024d0fa.jpeg
6958BCA8-6094-4702-9535-430CF27E9B3B.thumb.jpeg.6a17abe2734c93616e36aa73bf76346b.jpeg
4760C8F4-41A4-4D03-B03B-E77E60E929F2.thumb.jpeg.0aa2fd492c0806413b1df979f9839a8d.jpeg

Played there once years ago, love the area and some great restaurants!
Enjoy!!

Sorry for your loss Rick. Sounds like a great guy.

Thanks, there wasn’t a dry eye...

• Like 1

A great friend passed away this weekend at only 74 years old after a 1.5 years of absolute torture where death was a relief for him.
Bad golfer but fantastic human being. Golf was a social event to spend time with the guys and his wife who he was dedicated to.
Now this guy was humble, respectful and honestly liked by everyone. First guy in my life where no one had a negative word for him.
He was born in Virginia did his military stint in Nam earning the Bronze Star with Valor. Obviously I don’t need to go into his heroics. Joined the DEA and was part the South Miami shootouts, helped bring down the Noriega drug cartel. The list of accomplishment & accommodations are numerous. It was supposed to be a small gathering but police and special agents came from Texas, Miami & NY. Including a retired Admiral from Coast Guard who worked with this man.
K, said my piece.

Sounds like a man who blessed many lives. Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Didn’t place well on my test even with a good score. Not a problem, don’t have to worry about moving next year.

Not a problem, you’ll be fine. Things like this happen for a reason.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rickp said:

K, said my piece.

I'm sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a good friend. My condolences.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rickp said:

K, said my piece.

I'm so sorry to read this Rick. He sounds like a wonderful person and a great friend. 

• Like 1

Sure glad they got a PGA tour stop back in Michigan... but this tournament scoring is a joke.

I see what BK is taking about.

• Like 1

Guessing the USGA found a new way to protect par.

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Watching Victor Hovland hit fades on the range on PGA tour live on Twitter.

I really like this kids game. Can’t wait to see his ceiling.

• Like 1

I keep getting yellow marks on my ball- yet I dont use yellow tees and nothing yellow on my clubs.

This has happened for a few rounds and was really confusing me.

Happened to mention it at the roll up yesterday when yet another yellow splodge appeared on my pristine Prov1.

A bright spark in the group solved the mystery yesterday, apparently I hit too many trees😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Bermuda Grass...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Bermuda Grass... emoji51.png

A joy to play in; especially when your ball is sitting on top of it in the rough.  I have swung under that ball quite a few times only to watch it just sink straight down to the ground.  

• Like 5

On 6/28/2019 at 8:22 PM, Rickp said:

K, said my piece.

Just now read this and sounds like this guy was a true hero in every respect.   RIP brother 

• Like 1

Just now read this and sounds like this guy was a true hero in every respect.   RIP brother 

Definitely was...

54 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm off work this week due to summer shutdown, so it's my responsibility to make sure the wife has fresh coffee every morning. Saturday morning I got up, made coffee, and went to the golf course. My wife gets up just after the pot turns off and puts a cup in the microwave. Needless to say, she takes a sip and realizes she's made a mistake. She turned the warm coffee into liquid hot magma. I decided, being the good husband I am, to make sure this doesn't happen again.20190701_073310-02.jpeg20190701_073323-01.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Next time, write it on styrofoam....

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Checked in at new workplace today....

Going to be fun...

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Checked in at new workplace today....

Going to be fun...

First rule in a new job.........get off your phone and Golf forums 😂

Good luck in the new venture.