ole gray

Random Thread

First rule in a new job.........get off your phone and Golf forums 
Good luck in the new venture.

Phone don’t work there. Plus I’m on vacation for another 21 days. Just stopped by.
  • Like 7

Renewing my Hulu for the next 3 weeks.

Irish Open, Scottish Open, The Open...

Best stretch of golf by far!

• Like 6

On 6/28/2019 at 8:22 PM, Rickp said:

Not sure right thread but here goes.
A great friend passed away this weekend at only 74 years old after a 1.5 years of absolute torture where death was a relief for him.
Bad golfer but fantastic human being. Golf was a social event to spend time with the guys and his wife who he was dedicated to.
Now this guy was humble, respectful and honestly liked by everyone. First guy in my life where no one had a negative word for him.
He was born in Virginia did his military stint in Nam earning the Bronze Star with Valor. Obviously I don’t need to go into his heroics. Joined the DEA and was part the South Miami shootouts, helped bring down the Noriega drug cartel. The list of accomplishment & accommodations are numerous. It was supposed to be a small gathering but police and special agents came from Texas, Miami & NY. Including a retired Admiral from Coast Guard who worked with this man.
We lost a friend but the Country lost a great American.
K, said my piece.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Sorry to hear of your loss Rick.  Praying for you and all affected.

• Like 1

In the midst of waiting for the D7s to come in, my coach changed my grip (weaker upper hand placement) and said to get a few hundred swings in before I'm back in for a lesson(Wednesday).  Luckily a couple of my best friends will be in town for day of golf tomorrow.  Nothing says 100 more swings with a new and still strange grip  like 27 holes of July golf

• Like 6

Weed whacking for 3 hours with sun burn 😩😩😩😩😩😩

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Weed whacking for 3 hours with sun burn 😩😩😩😩😩😩

Yikes.

• Like 1

So this doesn't get lost in the myriad of evening posts:  Big Stu is in good shape, his PC is down for a few weeks but will be back soon.  Pretty sure he misses you guys for some reason or another.

• Like 8

Anyone using an app besides The Grint to generate an unofficial handicap? I don't play in any events that would require me to have a sanctioned hdcp, I walk a lot of 9 hole rounds solo so I don't think I could submit for one anyways. It's more just for me to track progress. I used to use a site online that shuttered (I'm spacing out on the name, still on my first coffee of the day) that worked with 9 hole rounds. 

Anyone using an app besides The Grint to generate an unofficial handicap? I don't play in any events that would require me to have a sanctioned hdcp, I walk a lot of 9 hole rounds solo so I don't think I could submit for one anyways. It's more just for me to track progress. I used to use a site online that shuttered (I'm spacing out on the name, still on my first coffee of the day) that worked with 9 hole rounds. 

Fun golf “simulates” a handicap, I think it’s probably very similar to the Grint. You just enter your scores, it isn’t official, sounds like what you are looking for.
  • Like 2

If your concern is 9 hole rounds, the grint works for 9 holes only and will calculate your handicap .
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 11:52 AM, Shankster said:

Checked in at new workplace today....

Going to be fun...

Your bunker play should improve dramatically with that beachy back yard 😎

• Like 2

Your bunker play should improve dramatically with that beachy back yard 

Sand is denser here. Landed in some yesterday, played it like I normally would, picked a little too clean. It ran off the back of the green, but nearly chipped in out of the rough. Saved Par.
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

On 6/30/2019 at 2:40 PM, Shankster said:

Bermuda Grass... emoji51.png

Fun isn’t it. 

• Like 2

Fun isn’t it. 

Not as bad as I expected. Actually quite enjoyed it. Plays to my style of short game.

3 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Not as bad as I expected. Actually quite enjoyed it. Plays to my style of short game.

Played in Bermuda last week and there wasn't Bermuda grass everywhere but I really liked it.  I'm not one who takes much of a divot and having the ball sit up on the grass like it did was awesome.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Until it goes dormant. It sucks then. 

• Like 3

Until it goes dormant. It sucks then. 

Better than neck deep snow.
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Better than neck deep snow. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Amen to that brother!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Shankster said:

In the deep rough you may not enjoy it so much, short game from tight Bermuda isn’t really bad. It’s when you get into some deep rough where it becomes a problem

• Like 3

The wife is in San Diego shooting a wedding this weekend so I’m golfing my behind off! From the top going left, Coral Creek, Hawaii Kai and Ala Wai. Good times! 🤙🏽

6C13406C-CB3A-46A3-81D4-F639E9072256.jpg

• Like 7