Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Stacy Lewis has a Wage Gap

Just curious where did you see it?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

It's been running in a theater in The Villages FL.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I took my family to the LPGA NW Arkansas Championship and decided to do some research beforehand since I really only recognized a few names in the field, and didn't have hardly a clue about any of their stats.

I'm trying to just go off memory so forgive me if I get some of the numbers wrong, but the entire prize purse for the event was $2million with approximately 10% going to the winner.

The average prize purse on the PGA Tour is more than double that on average and the winner's take home is typically north of $1million.

When I walked around that golf course yesterday, I saw far more of the type of crowd you'd expect to find at a regular PGA Tour stop than I would have ever imagined and roars and cheers echoing through the property were reminiscent of the PGA as well. Michelle Wie shot -7 (66) yesterday to move into a tie for 4th with Stacey Lewis and Ryu shot a 61 on Saturday that allowed her to cruise to a 2-stroke victory. Spectacular golf to say the least!

I'm sure if you looked at attendance numbers, there's a big discrepancy between the two tours, but I can't imagine it has as much to do with lack of interest as it does with lack of exposure. All it would take is for the powers that be to place more of a spotlight on the LPGA and some better TV coverage to draw bigger crowds and sponsor $$$.

You can say the same thing about the Web.com Tour.

The winner of the Web.com Air Capital Classic took home a little over $100K. Keep in mind, the Web.com Tour is filled with guys who are just a few strokes or dollars away from the PGA and has also featured major winners like Trevor Immelman. Granted, I don't think the Web.com should offer payouts similar to the PGA, but imagine what a difference it would make for those guys if they could get 1/3 of what their peers are making on the big tour.

Just my .02 cents. Honestly, I'm not well versed on the LPGA or Web.com, but I'm learning and I have to say it's a bit disappointing that neither of these tours get more exposure - and thereby dollars.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I think we all agree that in the end, pro golfers are sales people. Those who sell the most product, command the highest earnings.  I think we also all agree that men earn more money because they have more people watching them, a higher percentage of which are male and they spend money on golf. No surprises there. What I think we need to look at is, "why don't we have more women golfers?" The truth is, for over 100 years, golf has literally been a "boys club" We haven't encouraged women to play, we haven't supported them financially and in many cases, they were outright banned from playing. That is not a great way to build a female audience. I personally think it would be in the best interest of the game if the USGA went all in on encouraging and growing the women's game. Less women watch because less women play, because the tournaments get less exposure, smaller purses, "lesser" courses. This is a classic case of what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Maybe we need to prop up the LPGA for a bit? Build it up, make little girls want to play! In the long run, we're going to see higher participation rates, more courses, more money in equipment R&D and all the other good things that come with a booming golf industry. I say bump up the purses, give the women's game equal TV time, have them playing Pebble Beach, St Andrew's, even God forbid... Augusta National!!! Golf is similar to tennis in that the women's game can be just as exciting as that of the men's. The female stars are telegenic and accessible and as we all know, women buy a s*** load of clothes. Sponsors should be thrilled to prop it up for a bit and make a killing later.

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

I think we all agree that in the end, pro golfers are sales people. Those who sell the most product, command the highest earnings.  I think we also all agree that men earn more money because they have more people watching them, a higher percentage of which are male and they spend money on golf. No surprises there. What I think we need to look at is, "why don't we have more women golfers?" The truth is, for over 100 years, golf has literally been a "boys club" We haven't encouraged women to play, we haven't supported them financially and in many cases, they were outright banned from playing. That is not a great way to build a female audience. I personally think it would be in the best interest of the game if the USGA went all in on encouraging and growing the women's game. Less women watch because less women play, because the tournaments get less exposure, smaller purses, "lesser" courses. This is a classic case of what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Maybe we need to prop up the LPGA for a bit? Build it up, make little girls want to play! In the long run, we're going to see higher participation rates, more courses, more money in equipment R&D and all the other good things that come with a booming golf industry. I say bump up the purses, give the women's game equal TV time, have them playing Pebble Beach, St Andrew's, even God forbid... Augusta National!!! Golf is similar to tennis in that the women's game can be just as exciting as that of the men's. The female stars are telegenic and accessible and as we all know, women buy a s*** load of clothes. Sponsors should be thrilled to prop it up for a bit and make a killing later.

Couldn't agree more. The NBA is trying to make a push for equality for women as well right now with the "l.eanin" campaign. I like the idea that if I ever have a daughter, she can grow up to be as successful as any male before her.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I will reiterate what others have said- they need a tv deal.

I remember the us women's national team mentioning something like this. They play on the same size field, same size soccer ball and same 90 minutes.

They have won more trophies, have a greater attendance at games. Hard to argue in that scenario that they shouldn't earn the same. And they can't quite get the shirt and bag sponsorships.

Tour players are somewhat like independent contractors though right? Not sure about their actual status

Unfortunately, the top 20 men's college teams would run up & down the pitch and score at will on the USWNT. The games are not the same, by a long shot. Just as in golf...

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I think we all agree that in the end, pro golfers are sales people. Those who sell the most product, command the highest earnings. I think we also all agree that men earn more money because they have more people watching them, a higher percentage of which are male and they spend money on golf. No surprises there. What I think we need to look at is, "why don't we have more women golfers?" The truth is, for over 100 years, golf has literally been a "boys club" We haven't encouraged women to play, we haven't supported them financially and in many cases, they were outright banned from playing. That is not a great way to build a female audience. I personally think it would be in the best interest of the game if the USGA went all in on encouraging and growing the women's game. Less women watch because less women play, because the tournaments get less exposure, smaller purses, "lesser" courses. This is a classic case of what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Maybe we need to prop up the LPGA for a bit? Build it up, make little girls want to play! In the long run, we're going to see higher participation rates, more courses, more money in equipment R&D and all the other good things that come with a booming golf industry. I say bump up the purses, give the women's game equal TV time, have them playing Pebble Beach, St Andrew's, even God forbid... Augusta National!!! Golf is similar to tennis in that the women's game can be just as exciting as that of the men's. The female stars are telegenic and accessible and as we all know, women buy a s*** load of clothes. Sponsors should be thrilled to prop it up for a bit and make a killing later.

We tried to get our daughters to play but to slow for them. They liked to play but didn't love it. They both gravitated to softball and that that has carried thru to my 2 of our 3 granddaughters.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I'd much like to see some combined tour events. Put the men and women together, but as teams and do some different scramble or alternate shot formats etc.. I think that would be far more intriguing than simply pitting them against each other on the same course.

Last year they had at Nancy Lopez's course a women's Tournament. Not sure if it was LPGA sanctioned. It was well represented by former and current women players. Wife and I were out of town but from what I was told it was very well received and lots of folks attending. Nancy Lopez is a folk hero in this part of Florida.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I'd much like to see some combined tour events. Put the men and women together, but not as teams and do some different scramble or alternate shot formats etc.. I think that would be far more intriguing than simply pitting them against each other on the same course.

Before the current wrap around season, I enjoyed the Wendy's Three Tour Challenge during the silly season.

What is missing? Just think if the dollars women could bring to the game? How many households have women as the"purse" holder? Marketing and advertising have totally missed. Putting aside all the equality points and only looking at the dollars, if I were looking for a quick growth market, This Is It. Too bad those controlling the"machine" can't see it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I'm sure we could say that for plenty of industries, but yeah. I absolutely agree. Of course, let's just keep in mind this is the same sport that is still struggling for gender equality at many private clubs...

The fastest way to change is to create a demand

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Unfortunately, the top 20 men's college teams would run up & down the pitch and score at will on the USWNT. The games are not the same, by a long shot. Just as in golf...

Well, you're a bit off actually. For one, different sports. As I said earlier, golf has the potential to be a lot like tennis where the women's game draws similar if not higher ratings than the men's. There is no compelling element in Men's golf that women's cannot also have. In soccer, things are different, men are bigger, faster and stronger which arguably, makes for a more compelling match. With he mechanics of a golf swing, there actually isn't that big of a difference. The top third of women's golfers drive the ball the same distance as the bottom third of the men do for instance.

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

I'm having a little bit of a bad day so I'm gonna rant a little. QUIT crying because someone is making more money. Give me a break. You get to play a GAME for a living. Don't like what you get paid? Get a real job like the rest of us and play golf on the weekends. So tired of rich privileged people crying to "us normal" people that actually have real problems.

CobraConnectChallenge3

I'm having a little bit of a bad day so I'm gonna rant a little. QUIT crying because someone is making more money. Give me a break. You get to play a GAME for a living. Don't like what you get paid? Get a real job like the rest of us and play golf on the weekends. So tired of rich privileged people crying to "us normal" people that actually have real problems.

Hope u have a better day tomorrow.

That's about all I can say.

Rick

Left Hand, 

No one is, "crying" because men earn more money than women playing golf. I'm just saying, the state of the game in general, would be improved if we worked to be more inclusive of women! This is a positive! No tears here!

• 2 months later...

If the LPGA could somehow use the Solheim Cup as a better springboard or marketing tool or something. This years Cup was one great competition, I throughly enjoyed it. Even my wife got into it and she's not a golf on TV person.

Anyway LPGA needs more like it in my opinion.

It seems after the Solheim Cup the LPGA went and hid.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Archived