Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Optimizing Driver Impact Location using MGS CG Charts

I've been looking at the awesome data from the driver CG Study earlier this year:

https://mygolfspy.com/mygolfspy-cg-driver-locations/

How can I interpret this data to figure out the exact optimal impact location for my driver? I am currently gaming the Cobra F7+ and swap the weight from the heel port to the front port depending on how I am striking it and how the course is rolling that day. 

So, the data, assuming weight forward:

CG y = -4.6mm

CG x = -33.7

CG Na = 1.1mm

CG XFC = -.3mm (toe side, right?)

Does this mean, I should be trying to hit the ball 4.6mm down from the crown, and .3mm towards the toe from the centerline? Or should I be trying to hit a little above this spot in order to pull some spin off?

I've been looking at the awesome data from the driver CG Study earlier this year:

https://mygolfspy.com/mygolfspy-cg-driver-locations/

How can I interpret this data to figure out the exact optimal impact location for my driver? I am currently gaming the Cobra F7+ and swap the weight from the heel port to the front port depending on how I am striking it and how the course is rolling that day.

So, the data, assuming weight forward:

CG y = -4.6mm

CG x = -33.7

CG Na = 1.1mm

CG XFC = -.3mm (toe side, right?)

Does this mean, I should be trying to hit the ball 4.6mm down from the crown, and .3mm towards the toe from the centerline? Or should I be trying to hit a little above this spot in order to pull some spin off?

No, it's where the cg is.

The higher above the cg, the lower the spin. Theoretically lowest spin will come just below the crown.

However, that does not me optimal ball speeds happen at that spot, so the drop in spin may not be worth the drop in ball speed.

Archived