Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Scottish Course Conditions

Alf. S

I never thought I would say this in Scotland but our courses urgently need some rain. Most course in Scotland have watering systems for the greens and tees but due to our temperate climate don't need to water the fairways.We have had one of our driest springs and very little rain in June with temperatures peaking into the 90'F

This makes for some challenging conditions. Played 10 holes last night on my home course (West Lothian Golf Club),

2nd hole, pulled my 2nd shot  10 yds to the left of the 2nd, chipped on rolled off the other side, chip on rolled off the other side, tried to flop on, off the other side. Carded an 8.

4th hole, need to drive up the left or you can end up running off right into heavy rough. Hit a drive up left and then spent 5 minutes looking for the ball to find I'd hit the ball 354yds (avg carry for me is about 220yds)

8th is an elevated green that you need to over club i.e I usually take yardage to the back and add 5 yds. Flew the green it pitched on the bank at the back and rolled back down through the green and ended up at the bottom of the hill 50 yds short.

Be interested, if we don't get any rain to see how the Pros get on at the Scottish Open and The Open in the coming weeks, both courses are about 1hr 30mins drive from West Lothian which is park land and the links must be bone hard.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Interesting and thanks for the update. Living in Florida we don't experience many droughts - the opposite becomes an issue at times during our rainy season (now).

I wish that I could send some rain across the pond. Prayers that your drought breaks soon.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

What you are describing sounds like the US Open.   :D

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Archived