Testers Wanted: Sun Mountain Stand Bag and Travel Bag ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 5:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Hello Spies! Happy to be a part of the community. After utilizing the service for almost my entire bags purchases I'd like to help support the cause and give back.  I'd consider myself a weekend/casual golfer but definitely take game improvement seriously and play in my club tournaments. I'm a member of Berkeley Country Club in Moncks Corner, SC. It's less than five minutes from my house making play and practice incredibly accessible. I work as a signal maintainer for one of the East coasts largest railroad companies. Fortunately my union hours allow me some free time in the afternoons and weekends. Typically, I get to play two rounds per week and I'm always struggling to break 90 . I've been playing consistently for about two and half years thanks to my wife who somehow is still my biggest supporter (God bless her for understanding lol). Some of my favorite childhood memories are of my Dad surprising me at school randomly to go golfing. Neither of us were good but as a child that was awesome. I was lucky enough to watch Tiger in his prime and wish I'd saved my old Nike/Tiger shirt I had when the advertising slogan was "I am Tiger Woods" and featured just a ton of random people saying that lol. I never took playing serious until the last few years though.  Sitting at my lowest HCP ever I'm currently at 16.6 after shooting my all time low round of 80 while walking in 95 degree South Carolina humidity on 7/3/23. My strengths revolve constantly between the tee box to being a two putt machine at times but I'd say my most consistent aspect is putting.  I play for just about every reason there is from excercise and fun to quenching my competitive thirst and need for achievement. I don't however take it too seriously when playing and try to focus on being grateful I'm able to enjoy this wonderfully terrible game. My user name is just a play on my last name.

WITB

Driver:

Cobra LTDx Volition 10.5

Woods:

Cobra Radspeed 3W and 5W

Irons:

4-GW TaylorMade P790

Grips:

Golf Pride CPX (hoping to change soon)

Ball:

Maxfli Tour X & Tour 

Bag:

Titleist Hybrid 14 & Sunday Ryder 23 

Push Cart:

Caddytek Caddylite V8 3 wheel

Training Equipment:

Garmin R10 Launch Monitor

-Ipad and 55" TV for garage sim golf

Go sports hitting net & mat

Good Ol bucket of balls and my backyard

Edited by Wel-Done

Taylormade 2019 P790 irons 4-GW

Cobra LTDX Volition 10.5 

Cobra RadSpeed 3W & 5W

Odyssey Marksman 

Hey Y'all,

Been a long time MGS reader and occasionally drop into the forum for the last 10 years or so.  But I have found myself reading the forum more lately and decided to do an intro.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing golf for over just short of 30 years I think.  Started playing in junior high school.  My current handicap is a 9.2 after a rough spring season.

What do you love about golf?  Now, it is playing with my kids and my wife, sharing the game with is awesome.  I always like the challenge and thrill of a well executed shot.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I am a tinkerer and research shopper, so naturally MGS is a place for people to share experiences and learn about all things golf.  I don't know any other Spies.

Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in the Upstate of South Carolina.  My home course is Pickens Golf Club.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best part about golf in my region is the people, they enjoy the game and are always friendly.  The worst part is the intense terrain combined with the heat and a lot of the course are in housing developments, it makes walking (my preferred way to play) very difficult.

What do you do for a living?  I am currently a stay at home dad, homeschooling my 3 kids.

How’d you pick your user name?  I've always gone by Kip, and I was in the US Navy.  I picked Navykip back then and it has followed me across main platforms.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 LS MKII

:Sub70:  Pro Tour 3 wood

:taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 Iron

:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII 4-PW

:callaway-small: Jaw Raw 50w, 56x, 60s

:rife-putters-1: Aruba Tour 

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG 2-Ball

:srixon-small:  Z Star

:ShotScope: V3 and X5 (been using since V2) and Pro L2

11 hours ago, navykip said:

Hey Y'all,

Been a long time MGS reader and occasionally drop into the forum for the last 10 years or so.  But I have found myself reading the forum more lately and decided to do an intro.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing golf for over just short of 30 years I think.  Started playing in junior high school.  My current handicap is a 9.2 after a rough spring season.

What do you love about golf?  Now, it is playing with my kids and my wife, sharing the game with is awesome.  I always like the challenge and thrill of a well executed shot.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I am a tinkerer and research shopper, so naturally MGS is a place for people to share experiences and learn about all things golf.  I don't know any other Spies.

Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in the Upstate of South Carolina.  My home course is Pickens Golf Club.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best part about golf in my region is the people, they enjoy the game and are always friendly.  The worst part is the intense terrain combined with the heat and a lot of the course are in housing developments, it makes walking (my preferred way to play) very difficult.

What do you do for a living?  I am currently a stay at home dad, homeschooling my 3 kids.

How’d you pick your user name?  I've always gone by Kip, and I was in the US Navy.  I picked Navykip back then and it has followed me across main platforms.

Welcome aboard! 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Started playing 3 months ago, 23.4 handicap at the moment. 

What do you love about golf?

The challenge, played baseball and high school and football through college… I have never been so bad at a sport and I am addicted to getting better. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Trying to learn as much as possible. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? Clearwater, FL. Fortunate to have a really well kept public course with a year round grass range near me. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Year round golf is hard to beat but the summer doesn’t give you too many playable hours. 

What do you do for a living? I do sales enablement for a large IT manufacturer

How’d you pick your user name? Shortened version of a gamer tag I’ve used a couple decades now

Callaway Epic Speed Dr, Paradym X 3w, Cobra 3,5,6 hybrid, PXG XCor2 7-G, Cleveland CBX 52, CBX Full face 2 56/60

How long have you been playing golf?

Been playing for about 30 years more or less, but had two different 7-8 year layoffs. With this last one, started playing again at age 58 (almost 62 now). 

What’s your handicap or normal score?

In my younger days I was a 7, now it's currently 13.7

When you pull off an especially hard shot, just like you envisioned it.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

Started following on social media for the great content.

Do you already know any other Spies?

nope

Where are you from?

Born in Georgia, currently living in Georgia, but have lived a lot of places

What is your home course?

Apple Mountain

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Humidity in the summer, but we can generally play year round.

What do you do for a living?

Design/Write software.

How’d you pick your user name?

Been using it or some combo if it on forums for years.. my state of birth and initials.

Somewhere in north Georgia

I've been playing for a little over a year now. My handicap according to the app 18birdies is +27. 

I love that it can be played against other people but also with yourself. 

I found MyGolfSpy through Instagram and enjoyed all the review posts. I do not know any other Spies.

Where are you from? What is your home course?
I am from Columbia, SC. I would consider Oak Hills Golf Club my home course.

I don't really have much to compare it to as I haven't been to many other courses outside my region. I do wish we had access to night ranges though.

I am currently a post-bacc student.

I did a little play on words with my name and something golf related. Putt + Patrick = Puttrick

Driver: Titleist 915 D2
3-Wood: Adamsgolf Redline Titanium 
5-Wood: Adamsgolf Redline Titanium
4-GW: Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 
54: Taylor Made HB-12 (Milled Grind)
60: Mizuno JPX Quad Cut 60/08
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball Blade

4 hours ago, gamdh said:

Been playing for about 30 years more or less, but had two different 7-8 year layoffs. With this last one, started playing again at age 58 (almost 62 now). 

nope

Where are you from?

Apple Mountain

Design/Write software.

Been using it or some combo if it on forums for years.. my state of birth and initials.

Apple Mountain is one of my all time favorite courses. It was the first place I had an under par 9 holes and the first place I broke 80. Was low medalist there for a high school golf tournament too, lots of great memories there.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter: L.A.B. DF3 34"/67°
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing on-and-off since I was 8. Got serious about it in 2017. Had my first child in 2018 so ended up taking another break. Serious about it again in 2021.

As of right now I shoot 92’s pretty often.

Do any of us know why we really love golf?

I love tinkering and gear!

Born and raised in the Central Florida area. But currently in South Florida, home course is The Saints (Port St. Lucie).

Not educated enough to really put into words, but I prefer playing courses in the Midwest. Something about the grass…

Aerospace tech/manufacturing.

My other passion is bass fishing and I grew up on Lake Tohopekaliga.

IMG_1138.jpeg

Driver: Taylormade Sim 2

3Wood: Nike VRS Covert 2.0

3Hybrid: Mizuno JPX900

Irons (4-P): Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Forged

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T5 (50° & 54°), Taylormade Hi-Toe (58°)

Putter: Taylormade TP Juno Black Copper

On 7/17/2023 at 5:49 PM, gamdh said:

nope

Where are you from?

Apple Mountain

Design/Write software.

Welcome aboard from Watkinsville, Ga. !

Cleveland

Hey y'all, newcomer here.

1) I've been playing for about 12 years now, and I played competitively up through high school. My current handicap is ~8 and I normally shoot 78-82ish on par 72.

2) I used to be all about the competition, especially 1v1 match play. Now I play much more casually and more for the enjoyment of the game and company of others.

3) I kinda just stumbled across GolfSpy a few weeks ago and had been lurking on the main site and the forum until I created my account earlier today.

4) I'm from Huntsville, Alabama and I regularly rotate between RTJ Hampton Cove and the local muni.

5) Best thing about playing around here is probably the quality of public courses. RTJ has things really figured out and all of their courses across the state are excellent. Worst thing is probably the constant afternoon/evening thunderstorms in the summer which makes playing after work difficult 

6) I'm an aerospace systems engineer

~Trey

• 2 weeks later...

How long have you been playing golf? I've been playing for probably 35 years, granted not more than 10-12 rounds per year for most of those years.

What’s your handicap or normal score? I don't have an official handicap, but I'd guess it's around 20.

What do you love about golf? The social aspect as well as being out in nature for a few hours. Plus, I play a lot with my dad who at 82 still swings regular flex and plays in 2 leagues a week (#retirementgoals).

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I found MGS a few years back and really liked the honest, data-driven approach to reviews and information. No marketing fluff, lies, or half-truths we get from the OEM's.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I recently moved to central Tennessee. I have 5 courses inside my community, but I'd probably refer to Heatherhurst GC (Brae course) as my "home" GC.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Winters aren't exactly golf friendly. Cold, rain, ice, and occasional snow. I grew up in Ohio, so humidity is something I know, but having lived many years in Denver and Phoenix, I'm getting reintroduced to it. But compared to Phoenix where I moved from, the summers are "mild" to me now, temp-wise.

What do you do for a living? I'm an Senior IT Engineer and Architect, working primarily on Enterprise Storage systems.

How’d you pick your user name? My last name is close and I used to buzz my hair. So when the first movie came out, someone just pinned a full-page newspaper ad on my board and it just stuck.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

On 7/20/2023 at 12:09 AM, TreyWLP said:

Hey y'all, newcomer here.

1) I've been playing for about 12 years now, and I played competitively up through high school. My current handicap is ~8 and I normally shoot 78-82ish on par 72.

2) I used to be all about the competition, especially 1v1 match play. Now I play much more casually and more for the enjoyment of the game and company of others.

3) I kinda just stumbled across GolfSpy a few weeks ago and had been lurking on the main site and the forum until I created my account earlier today.

4) I'm from Huntsville, Alabama and I regularly rotate between RTJ Hampton Cove and the local muni.

5) Best thing about playing around here is probably the quality of public courses. RTJ has things really figured out and all of their courses across the state are excellent. Worst thing is probably the constant afternoon/evening thunderstorms in the summer which makes playing after work difficult 

6) I'm an aerospace systems engineer

As a 21-year-old amateur British guy, I have been exploring different cam sites for a while now.
https://transcams.org/chat/sweet__giirl
https://bbwcam.me/chat/sluttysuzie17
https://thegaywebcamchat.com/italian

Welcome aboard!

Edited by JacobG

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Have been playing golf since 1984 when I moved to Mt Pleasant, SC from Memphis, TN.  My current handicap is a 21.  Have not played much golf since November 2022 due to back issues and nasal surgery and my wife's knee replacement.  Played a few times in April and May.  June 19th and July 14th.  Game has been bipolar.  Have taken some refresher lessons, just need the time to work on it.  Am hitting the range Wednesday and Friday and playing in a tournament on Monday.  Have no expectations.    

What do you love about golf?  Golf is a game that you cannot beat.  No perfect score.  My lowest round has been a 69 at home course three days after my 68th birthday.  Double boogied last hole.  Enjoy the comradery and outdoors.  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Interesting reading.  

Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Mt Pleasant, SC, which is across the river from Charleston.  I play three days a week at the Charleston Municipal Golf Course in a senior men's league and on their Interclub Team, it is the  #19 rated muni in the US by Golf.com.  

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? In our region, which is NC, SC, FL, GA we have awesome ranked courses.  Along our coast in SC there are s Myrtle Beach, Kiawah Island and Hilton Head. Kinda speaks for itself.  Also we have Yeamans Hall and the Country Club of Charleston which are rated courses.  Very blessed.  Guess the worst thing would be all the tourists in Myrtle Beach.  Do not go up there to play during the season.  We have enough courses in our area that I can wait for cooler days and less traffic.  

What do you do for a living?  Am retired from state government after 22 years working with veterans programs.  Also spent 15 years working in middle management in private sector.  Retired in 2011 and was hired by FJ District Sales Rep to work for him in 2016 as his Tournament Support Representative for Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Hilton Head and  just across the border lower SE NC.  Life is good.    

How’d you pick your user name?  Chuck is my name and Z is my last name first initial.  😎

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S, 58.08M 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

I’m new to this forum. I have been checking My Golf Spy out for a few months now and I love all of the reviews. My husband is the one that recommended this to me so I thought I’d check it all out. It has been very helpful on purchases that I’ve made since following My Golf Spy. Keep up the great work. I’m a single digit handicap and I play Mizuno irons and wedges. 

Tina Fraser🙂

12 minutes ago, T-Bird said:

I’m new to this forum. I have been checking My Golf Spy out for a few months now and I love all of the reviews. My husband is the one that recommended this to me so I thought I’d check it all out. It has been very helpful on purchases that I’ve made since following My Golf Spy. Keep up the great work. I’m a single digit handicap and I play Mizuno irons and wedges. 

Welcome aboard Tina and Go Dawgs! 😆

Cleveland

Hello from South Florida! Michael Hoff here. Relatively new to golf. Picking up the sport to stay close with my friends when we are all having babies. Great excuse to get together as we get older and busier. 

1)How long have you been playing golf? I’ve been playing on and off since 2013. What’s your handicap or normal score?Hard to keep score, since I’m so new, but have been shooting around 110 lately  

What do you love about golf? I love that I can stay in touch with my friends and get outside and enjoy the fresh air and a few cold beverages  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Love all the info MyGolfSpy provides  excellent review that help me stay current with my equipment. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? From Weston, FL. My home course is Weston Hills Country Club. I’m not a member, but get to play with a few friends that are on holiday weekends.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best has to be the number of good courses in South Florida. Worst…the summer heat! Playing in 90+ degree temps is a struggle.

What do you do for a living? South Florida Realtor. I sell home from Delray Beach to Coral Gables, and everything inbetween.

How’d you pick your user name? My last name is Hoff, so it work!

Cheers and looking forward to being a part of this awesome community!

7DAC8A6A-C66F-49EB-8E15-A786A5651D30.jpeg

Taylormade Stealth 4-9 & P, Cobra LTDx Max driver, Taylormade Spider Rosa putter, Taylormade Sim Max 3 wood

Hello! 
my Name is Josh and I’m from central Alabama. I’m 30 years old and have been playing for about 5 years now. 

I usually shoot low 80s at my home course of Cider Ridge but have recently shot a couple of 70s. It’s been a grind to get there but the short game is key. 

I am a procurement and transplant coordinator for UAB and have been in some form of medicine since 2013. 

My region is pretty good for golf. We have the Robert Trent Jones golf trail in Alabama so there’s plenty of well kept courses to be played. It can get pretty hot but for the most part it’s bearable. 

Username is strictly because I watch way to much baseball and I’m a huge fan of the Boston Red Sox. 

I got on MGS just for the community and data they put out! It’s really awesome to dive into. 

Edited by RedSox12
Spelling

If they gave me the clubs for free, then I’d be loyal to a brand. 

Hey everyone. New to this and just joined today. Looking forward to diving in.

Been playing golf consistently for the past 18 years. I am 33 years old now and started when I was 15. My handicap at the moment is +0.3. 

I used to love competing in high school and college. Now I just love going out with the boys and grinding away. I love that it's a game I can play with people of any age and I love the community it brings.  

Started following on Instagram because I love the reviews and info it brings. I don't know anyone else. I joined out of curiosity.

From the small town of Ashland, KY and now live in Greenville, NC. I play at Ironwood Golf & CC. 

We have some pretty great golf courses within driving distance and we can access mountain golf or coastal golf all within a few hours. Worst thing is that most courses have bermuda greens so they can get real grainy. I'd like some more bent greens but the heat doesn't allow it. 

I am in ministry and have been for the past 12 years.

Honestly don't remember. I have had it since I was a teenager. 12 is my high school jersey number.

Tyler Braden

How long have you been playing golf? Monthly hacker about 25 years ago for a couple years. Had kids and didn't even see my clubs for 14 years until spring of 2022. Have played roughly 60 rounds in the past year.

What’s your handicap or normal score? Official handicap is 18. Have recently broken through 90 and want to get into low to mid 80's.

What do you love about golf?  Everything. The scenery, the serenity, the challenge, the constant strategy needed. Everything.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I do not know anyone personally but have been following the various reviews from the site for some time. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? Lexington, KY - Kearney Hills is the better local municipal.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is scenery. Worst is winter.

What do you do for a living? I work in IT.

How’d you pick your user name? Lyric from a Pearl Jam song haha.

Golf - This is the way

Hey folks!

New to the forum. I played golf growing up...honestly wasn't very good. Almost 2 years ago I started working for a non-profit that runs 4 golf courses, so I've started playing more. I've come down from round of 120-130 to rounds in the high 80's and low 90's. Current handicap is 15.7. I usually play a couple of times per week with a range session and some practice at home. Progress this last couple of years has been steady but felt glacial or non-existent at times. Goes with the game I suppose. Lessons have really, really helped though. No way I would have made the progress I did without them. Both my sons play golf (ages 7 and 10). My oldest especially loves the game. He and I played our first Father-Son tournament in June. It was a learning experience for sure, but a good first run for the two of us. Interesting challenge to be teamed up together and really have to rely on each other. 

What do I love about golf? The mental game, playing and spending time with my sons, the connections made with others during a round. I think I played almost 18 months consistently before I realized what this game really is about. It's been such a journey learning to play to mental side, manage the course, deal with and manage emotions on the course, etc. Once I realized what game I was really playing it got a lot more fun and now I'm, as my wife says, obsessed. 

Where am I from? Rock Hill, S.C.

Home Course(s)? Fort Mill Golf Club, Springfield Golf Club, Lancaster Golf Club, Chester Golf Club.

What do you do for a living? I'm a training manager. I coordinate and teach courses, write content, coach and develop leaders, help drive our company Fundamentals and culture. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is for sure the year-round golf. Worst? Well, it's gets hot!

C.C. Williams

Ping Eye 2+ Irons

Ping Fairway Woods

King Cobra Driver

Good Morning..  My name is Jeff and this is my intro thread:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started playing golf in my 20's (57 now). I try to play at least once a week, and more if I can fit it in. My handicap is about a 7.5, and my normal score is between 78-85

What do you love about golf? I think what I love most about golf is the camaraderie with my "boys". When I am home I play in the same Saturday group I have been playing with for 30 years and it is great to get caught up with everyone..  and the razzing each other is non stop. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I originally signed up for MyGolfSpy because I saw a "Testers Wanted" ad on social media.. I haven't been selected for any test yet, but I am hoping to get more involved in the forums and one day see my name drawn. So far it kinda feels like the annual Master's ticket lottery drawing. 🙂

Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Chattanooga, TN and my home course is Creeks Bend Golf Course

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing about golf in my region is that we play golf year round.. We lose some time because of rain in the Spring, and occasional snow in the winter, but I have been playing golf the day after Christmas many times. The worst thing is the heat in the Summer..  it can easily push 95 with a heat index over 100, and the humidity in the South..  ugg.

What do you do for a living? I am a travel nurse, and work at hospitals all over the country. One of the cool things about being a travel nurse was discovering the Veterans Golf Association. Now I can play tournament golf with fellow vets where ever I end up working, and accumulate points for their end of year tournaments.

How’d you pick your user name? I used to own a mobile DJ business, and ChattDJ is still my online identity with most of my social media.

ChattDJ

On 2/11/2019 at 5:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Since about 10, so 17ish years. 2.8 index currently. 

2. What do you love about golf? How simple, yet complex the game is. And how you can play the same courses/gear as the pros (pending any rollback lol)

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Always browsed without a profile but have gotten into good convos on GolfWRX over the years so finally created one. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From Scranton, PA and a member at Elmhurst CC. Recently moved to Mebane, NC and play a few semi-private places nearby

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best-Weather for pretty much year round play and Pinehurst being an hour drive. Worst - Grain. Being from the NE I really struggle with grain. Been getting better though

6. What do you do for a living? Financial Reporting Analyst. Also a CPA, but recently transitioned from working in Auditing

7. How’d you pick your user name? Initials and favorite #s

WITB:

Driver - TSR2 10* w/ Ventus TR Blue 6s

3W - TSR2+ 13* @ 13.75* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 80g S

7w - 915f 21* @ 22.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 80g S

4-PW - 620CB (4/5) and 620MB (6-PW) w/ Project X Rifle 6.0

52F(51)/56S/60T(ww) - Vokey SM9 w/ Project X Rifle 6.0

Flatstick - Toulon Garage Atlanta Knuckle Neck

Hi everyone, my name is Andy. I've really enjoyed the content and reviews from MGS, as I'm looking to rebuild my bag after a long layoff from playing regularly. I've been playing golf since around 1st grade, but didn't really play much after high school until last year.  My family recently moved to Louisville and we joined Hurstbourne Country Club. Despite my increase in play, my cap hovers around a 24. I'm hoping to break 90. Some days that feels attainable, other days... not so much. I love that golf gets me outside and lets me stay active. I'm also enjoy the golf tourism and try to play every time I'm on vacation. I really enjoy golf in Louisville, though. The summers can be hot and sticky, but I can pretty much play year round. I'm originally from Wisconsin, so the winters here don't bother me one bit. My current job is taking care of my 2 year old daughter, but she gives me some break time to be able to play golf. My username is a nickname I acquired when I lived in Hawaii, as it was very clear that I am not from the Islands. Looking forward to hearing from people and learning new things!

Driver: :taylormade-small: R15

4 Hybrid: :cleveland-small: Launcher XL HALO

Irons: :taylormade-small: r7 5-9

Wedges: Kirkland Signature

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Newport Two Pro Platinum

How long have you been playing golf?

My step dad introduced me to the game when i was 11 years old. Im now 43 and still love the game more everyday! I now have 2 kids that play and couldn't be more proud.

I don't know my true handicap but I typically shoot in the mid 70's. 

I absolutely love the mental fortitude it takes to be great at this game we all love. I also really enjoy helping people with theor game and teaching my kids. But if I had to pick one thing I love about the game the most it would be the people I have met along my golf journey and the life long friends I've made through the game. 

Do you already know any other Spies? I follow the Twitter account and find their info very informative and easy to read. 

I'm from East Tennessee and I'm a member of Green Meadow Country Club. 

We can play golf year round as long as you're not a fair weather golfer. 

After my short time (3 years) in the US Army I got into the manufacturing industry and have completed apprenticeships as a Machinist and an Electrician. I've spent the last 13 year as an Industrial Electrician. 

How’d you pick your user name?

It comes from my email which I've had for probably had for 20 years???

Throwin Darts! 

I live in Florida but have a mountain retreat in NE Georgia.
Play at least 3 times a week, and at the range at least 2 times.
I am pretty much a Titleist fan: Driver/Hybrid/Irons/Vokey Wedges
Cleveland Huntington Beach 10.5C putter and a Cleveland 3 Wood round out the bag.

Still - with all that play and range time - a 20 handicap.  Suffering the vagaries of being 66 years old and just getting back into the game after a 30 year hiatus.

BigMacQue
Titleist Driver and Hybrid
Titleist T400 Irons, 5-GW
Vokey Wedges, 50 and 56
Cleveland Launcher 3 Wood and Cleveland 10.5C HB Soft Putter
Titleist Tour Soft

14 hours ago, BigMacQue said:

I live in Florida but have a mountain retreat in NE Georgia.
Play at least 3 times a week, and at the range at least 2 times.
I am pretty much a Titleist fan: Driver/Hybrid/Irons/Vokey Wedges
Cleveland Huntington Beach 10.5C putter and a Cleveland 3 Wood round out the bag.

Still - with all that play and range time - a 20 handicap.  Suffering the vagaries of being 66 years old and just getting back into the game after a 30 year hiatus.

Welcome! Where do you play when in Georgia?

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

2 hours ago, Josh Ross said:

Welcome! Where do you play when in Georgia?

Mostly NE Georgia, in and around Blairsville.  I've played Old Union, Butternut Creek, Chatuge Shores and added Brasstown Resort to the list a few weeks ago.

BigMacQue
Titleist Driver and Hybrid
Titleist T400 Irons, 5-GW
Vokey Wedges, 50 and 56
Cleveland Launcher 3 Wood and Cleveland 10.5C HB Soft Putter
Titleist Tour Soft

45 minutes ago, BigMacQue said:

Mostly NE Georgia, in and around Blairsville.  I've played Old Union, Butternut Creek, Chatuge Shores and added Brasstown Resort to the list a few weeks ago.

Nice, I play the same courses frequently. Just played Butternut Creek on Sunday and will be at Brasstown soon. If you haven't made the trip down to Blue Ridge to play Old Toccoa Farm yet, be sure to try it out. Such a hidden gem!