Hot Links...

Scoring: CLICK HERE

Fantasy 101: Click Here

Draft Prep: Click Here

Poll Results, Their Effects on the League, and Playoff Format: CLICK HERE

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

Here we go!! 

looking forward to tomorrow to see who I end up with to fill out my team!! 

• Like 2

Here we go!! 
looking forward to tomorrow to see who I end up with to fill out my team!! 

Me too

And if not tomorrow then it’s try again for Weds. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Quick question for those more experienced. On the app is there an easy way to see who is playing that week? Or do you have to do that research yourself to select your players? 

thanks in advance.

26 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

Quick question for those more experienced. On the app is there an easy way to see who is playing that week? Or do you have to do that research yourself to select your players? 

thanks in advance.

The green check mark next to a players name indicates that they are playing the upcoming event. I'd make sure to double check that the player is indeed playing though, because guys do back out of events last second.

thanks in advance.

I don’t use the app, but as mention in the post above mine the green check is the indicator. You should also be able to filter the available player list to only show players in the upcoming tournament

5 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

The green check mark next to a players name indicates that they are playing the upcoming event. I'd make sure to double check that the player is indeed playing though, because guys do back out of events last second.

Thank you!! Considering I think it is you and me head to head this week. I appreciate the assist. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I don’t use the app, but as mention in the post above mine the green check is the indicator. You should also be able to filter the available player list to only show players in the upcoming tournament

Yeah, the app is not as user friendly. 

1 minute ago, Quigleyd said:

Thank you!! Considering I think it is you and me head to head this week. I appreciate the assist. 

Technically you are correct. We do play this week. We also match up with everyone else every week as well. It was voted in that everyone plays everyone else each week. It takes the luck of the draw with the schedule out of things.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

Technically you are correct. We do play this week. We also match up with everyone else every week as well. It was voted in that everyone plays everyone else each week. It takes the luck of the draw with the schedule out of things.

Oh, Gotcha. i was not even sure how the head to head worked any way. I was not too concerned about it. 

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 6:54 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

SM

SM?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quigleyd said:

thanks in advance.

word of advice - it's a long season....think long and hard about dropping someone just because they aren't playing in an event that week.

don't rob Peter to pay Paul...

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

word of advice - it's a long season....think long and hard about dropping someone just because they aren't playing in an event that week.

don't rob Peter to pay Paul...

Not planning on dropping anyone at the moment. I am actually pretty happy with my squad. I am just trying to figure out the mechanics of it all. 

image.png.71dfe3405f5e5230bb8e819d97ff4002.pngImage result for let's go meme

Kind of like my team guys⛳  What about your team?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Undershooter said:

Sure now we do this - had we done it for FFB I'd have made the playoffs. 😞

I truly like this format for golf given that it is how tournaments work.  Good luck everyone - can't wait to get it started.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

image.png.71dfe3405f5e5230bb8e819d97ff4002.pngImage result for let's go meme

Kind of like my team guys⛳  What about your team?

Dang, that is a solid squad. 

I have. 

1. B DeChambeau

2. B. Harmon

3. B. Hossler

4. V. Hovland

5. K. Mitchell

6. F. Molinari

7. R. Palmer

8. K. Stanley. 

• Like 1

I’m liking my team a lot, I just need them to actually be playing. 🙄 0-60 here we come!! 

Edited by GB13
  • Haha 1

image.png.71dfe3405f5e5230bb8e819d97ff4002.pngimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0K8Q5l7GHl9jgUNPRVXui18QnOyTf-xJO1XlvdePirTwvbxAD&s
Kind of like my team guys  What about your team?

I'm actually fairly happy with my team. Would still like to get Rickie or Rory sometime but can't complain as of now. Screenshot_20200121-121729.jpeg

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

So how does this work if we don't have 4 players participating in a given tournament? Looking at my roster, I only have 3 guys currently playing, so do they take the total and divide by 3, or what? 

Realize it's a long season, but if I have a guy who only shows up for Major's and may play in a different tour, that's not as good a deal than a consistent guy who plays every tournament, right? 

So how does this work if we don't have 4 players participating in a given tournament? Looking at my roster, I only have 3 guys currently playing, so do they take the total and divide by 3, or what? 
Realize it's a long season, but if I have a guy who only shows up for Major's and may play in a different tour, that's not as good a deal than a consistent guy who plays every tournament, right? 

Your score for the week will be the top 4 players playing in the event. If you have less than 4 than you will only get the total for those players that played. In your example it would be 3 players.

Your last point is part of the strategy on selecting a team. People will have different approaches.
  • Like 2