JoshAndersonGolf

2020 Tournaments Follow Along

Our Sponsors

I did this last year and I had so much fun doing it I am going to do it again in 2020.  It is looking like 2020 will be an even better year than 2019.   For those that are new here is a little back ground on me. 

A little bit about who I am.  I grew up in western Pennsylvania playing a shorter course in the small town of Kane (Kane Country Club).  This is a shorter (6000 yds) course but very tight and small greens.  It was a great place to learn the game and grow up.  I was lucky enough to play good golf in high school and earned a scholarship to play at St. Bonaventure University. I went on to have a very nice carrier there ( https://gobonnies.sbu.edu/sports/m-golf/2016-17/files/Golf_Career_Scoring.pdf ).  I still hold the records for most wins (5) and lowest year scoring average at 73.0.  From there I failed horribly at trying to play professional golf.  I went out on my own didn't have a support team, slept in my car and never made a cut.  I went back home with my tail between my legs and started over.  I didn't play events for a few years as I was trying to find the fun in the game again and with help from my wife (she plays too) it has become a lot of fun again.  I know I will never play on tour, but it is fun to try and play in these events. A fun note, I have 2 course records (60 at Urbana CC tie with Steve Stricker  and Dylan Meyer & 61 at Kane Country Club) but I do not have any hole in ones. 

I am looking to come into the 2020 golf season stronger and bigger than 2019.  I started the season at right around 170lbs.  The lightest I had been in over 20 years.  This was not good for the golf game and I quickly realized that with a poor start to the season.  By the mid summer I was back up around 180lbs and playing much better golf.   I am going to start the Super Speed program next week and hopefully that combined with some more strength training I will be ready for a great 2020.  Below is a list of events I have already confirmed (with the wife 🙂 ) I plan to play in.

2020 Tournament Schedule

May 23 & 24 - Lincoln Elks Memorial Day Tournament*

May 28 - CDGA Amateur Qualifier @ Ironwood GC

June 6 & 7 - Naughtin Open*

June 11 - IL State Am Qualifier* @ University of Illinois Orange Course

June 20 & 21 - University of Illinois Open

June 22 - 25 - CDGA Amateur Championship

July 18 & 19 - UCC Club Championship*

July 21 - 23 - Illinois State Amateur Championship

July 25 & 26 - Twin Cities Championship*

August 11 - Illinois Mid Amateur Qualifier @ Lincolnshire Fields CC

Aug 12 - US Mid Amateur Qualifier

Aug 24 & 25 - Illinois Mid Amateur Championship

(These are subject to change and dates may be added especially 4 ball events. * denotes events we have won in the past)

In my bag for 2020 will be updated in April and look for more of the same as the @GolfSub70 irons and fairway woods will be in the bag for sure.  Right now if this does not change and we play every round (stroke play round) possible it will be 25 tournament rounds in 2020.  I am looking forward to another great year!

Edited by JoshAndersonGolf
Remove Tournaments that are Canceled
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, JoshAndersonGolf said:

I did this last year and I had so much fun doing it I am going to do it again in 2020.  It is looking like 2020 will be an even better year than 2019.   For those that are new here is a little back ground on me. 

A little bit about who I am.  I grew up in western Pennsylvania playing a shorter course in the small town of Kane (Kane Country Club).  This is a shorter (6000 yds) course but very tight and small greens.  It was a great place to learn the game and grow up.  I was lucky enough to play good golf in high school and earned a scholarship to play at St. Bonaventure University. I went on to have a very nice carrier there ( https://gobonnies.sbu.edu/sports/m-golf/2016-17/files/Golf_Career_Scoring.pdf ).  I still hold the records for most wins (5) and lowest year scoring average at 73.0.  From there I failed horribly at trying to play professional golf.  I went out on my own didn't have a support team, slept in my car and never made a cut.  I went back home with my tail between my legs and started over.  I didn't play events for a few years as I was trying to find the fun in the game again and with help from my wife (she plays too) it has become a lot of fun again.  I know I will never play on tour, but it is fun to try and play in these events. A fun note, I have 2 course records (60 at Urbana CC tie with Steve Stricker  and Dylan Meyer & 61 at Kane Country Club) but I do not have any hole in ones. 

I am looking to come into the 2020 golf season stronger and bigger than 2019.  I started the season at right around 170lbs.  The lightest I had been in over 20 years.  This was not good for the golf game and I quickly realized that with a poor start to the season.  By the mid summer I was back up around 180lbs and playing much better golf.   I am going to start the Super Speed program next week and hopefully that combined with some more strength training I will be ready for a great 2020.  Below is a list of events I have already confirmed (with the wife 🙂 ) I plan to play in.

2020 Tournament Schedule

April 30 - CDGA Mid Amateur Qualifier

May 11 - US Open Qualifier 

May 18 - 20 - CDGA Mid Amateur Championship

May 23 & 24 - Lincoln Elks Memorial Day Tournament*

May 28 - CDGA Amateur Qualifier

June 6 & 7 - Naughtin Open*

June 11 - IL State Am Qualifier*

June 20 & 21 - University of Illinois Open*

June 22 - 25 - CDGA Amateur Championship

July 18 & 19 - UCC Club Championship*

July 21 - 23 - Illinois State Amateur Championship

July 25 & 26 - Twin Cities Championship*

August 11 - Illinois Mid Amateur Qualifier

Aug 12 - US Mid Amateur Qualifier

Aug 24 & 25 - Illinois Mid Amateur Qualifier

(These are subject to change and dates may be added especially 4 ball events. * denotes events we have won in the past)

In my bag for 2020 will be updated in April and look for more of the same as the @GolfSub70 irons and fairway woods will be in the bag for sure.  Right now if this does not change and we play every round (stroke play round) possible it will be 25 tournament rounds in 2020.  I am looking forward to another great year!

Impressive college record Josh.  That's quite a busy tournament schedule - best of luck!

• Like 1

Today I started my journey looking for more speed. I have my Super Speed training sticks and the radar all set. First session went well. Driver swing speed was 114 before the session. Right where I thought it would be. After the session I was at 126. Not bad. Not we have to build to that 126. The fastest I swing I took was at 133 with the green stick. I am excited to see where we are at come April.

IMG_0581.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Ordered my Skytrak today!  I cant wait to get this and start practicing here in the next 2 weeks.  It will be great to get an early jump on the season. 

• Like 2

Updated to reflect the US Open Local Qualifying and the CDGA Mid-Amateur Championship cancellations.  Has to be expected at this point and maybe we will get some tournaments in later this summer.  I hope everyone is staying safe and getting an opportunity to play golf when you can. 

• Like 2