2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Our Sponsors

I had a great conversation with Cole from [mention=84467]SuperSpeed Golf[/mention]today and he was very friendly and answered all of my questions.  One question I had for the group (and I'm sure that it's been addressed in here, but 71 pages is a lot to hunt through!) did anyone use both the swing speed radar and the PRGR radar?  I didn't know that the PRGR was the new recommendation.  If you used both, what are your thoughts? Is the PRGR worth the extra money? Is it accurate enough on ball speed, smash factor and distance. Thanks!

I used both in my later weeks of training. They were pretty close, but rarely read the same number. When one would read 10mph slow the other would read accurately and vice versa. I have not tested the accuracy of the PRGR with carry numbers yet while hitting balls.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter: 681811256_Odysseylogo.png.499799aea6663befa411c8db1d859702.png Stroke Lab Ten S 33"

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all! We wanted to thank everyone for the huge response the previous forum thread has received since 2018. We will be on this new one to answer questions and assist however we can. We look forward t

May 11th - Introduction & Initial Impressions My name is Joe, I turn 36 in June and I am from New Jersey.  At the end of 2019 my handicap was around 3.9 My typical well-struck driv

Hey guys! Thanks for all the sweet words and suggestions. I am soooo excited to get started and have been looking to buy some of these for my birthday coming up. So the fact I was chosen is the best e

Posted Images

I used both in my later weeks of training. They were pretty close, but rarely read the same number. When one would read 10mph slow the other would read accurately and vice versa. I have not tested the accuracy of the PRGR with carry numbers yet while hitting balls.

10 mph is pretty significant. Do you think it had something to do with the radars being next to each other and messing with the data? That’s strange, but thanks for the input!

• Like 1

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

6 hours ago, Rtracymog said:

10 mph is pretty significant. Do you think it had something to do with the radars being next to each other and messing with the data? That’s strange, but thanks for the input!

I haven't seen 10mph, but again the setup or placement of the PRGR is very important. It took me a bit, but I did find a spot where the numbers were very similar and often within a mph. They do read different the odd time here and there, but they are placed in very different spots as well so depending on the your swing path that can make sense. 

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

To all of the testers or anyone who has used this system, how has the increased speed effected your bag? Did you have to get refitted for any of your clubs because of the jump in speed?

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 Plus 9° HZRDUS Smoke Yellow (S  Flex)

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 3 Wood 15° Ventus Black 7S

3 Utility Iron: :cobra-small: King Utility Iron 18° Project X HZRDUS (S Flex)

4i-AW: :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 Nippon Zelos 7 (S Flex, Std Lie, +1/2" Length)

56°:  :vokey-small: SM4 56° Loft,  8° Bounce

60°: :macgregor-small: VIP 60°

Putter: :ping-small: Scottsdale TR Sanita B 

Shot Tracking: :Arccos:

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite 

I am going to redo the top end of my bag (Driver and 3 wood) and I could likely go into a heavier shaft in my irons, but right now everything still works well so that will stay. Thankfully my 2 and 4 iron have actually improved with the speed so they defintely stay!

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

26 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

I am going to redo the top end of my bag (Driver and 3 wood) and I could likely go into a heavier shaft in my irons, but right now everything still works well so that will stay. Thankfully my 2 and 4 iron have actually improved with the speed so they defintely stay!

Glad to hear that the irons weren't necessary for an upgrade and I can imagine the Driver and 3 Wood needing a change. I am planning on doing this over the winter with my goal to at least 115mph (Current SS is ~108mph) so I am curious as to how this increase in speed could potentially effect the rest of my bag.

4i-AW: :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 Nippon Zelos 7 (S Flex, Std Lie, +1/2" Length)

36 minutes ago, ZMendle10 said:

To all of the testers or anyone who has used this system, how has the increased speed effected your bag? Did you have to get refitted for any of your clubs because of the jump in speed?

My driver was already a bit ill-fitting (during the Bridgestone test a couple years ago, we didn't really have much choice in shafts), but it has gotten worse since the speed jumps - the flight tends to be high and ballooning so I'm assuming too much spin. I'm sure there are swing flaws making things worse, though.

I did an experiment this summer with my old driver (a 10 year old Adams) just to see if the shaft profile was different enough to help me out. Ball flight was much better but MAN that head is not forgiving if I missed the center of the face, which I apparently do often.

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

3 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

My driver was already a bit ill-fitting (during the Bridgestone test a couple years ago, we didn't really have much choice in shafts), but it has gotten worse since the speed jumps - the flight tends to be high and ballooning so I'm assuming too much spin. I'm sure there are swing flaws making things worse, though.

I did an experiment this summer with my old driver (a 10 year old Adams) just to see if the shaft profile was different enough to help me out. Ball flight was much better but MAN that head is not forgiving if I missed the center of the face, which I apparently do often.

Since part of it is retraining how to swing did you find your accuracy was able to improve or at least stay consistent then previously?

1 minute ago, ZMendle10 said:

Since part of it is retraining how to swing did you find your accuracy was able to improve or at least stay consistent then previously?

My experience was it went in waves. Shortly after a jump in speed, my accuracy was terrible. When the speed stabilized, things would gradually get better. I even went through a phase where it looked like I had eliminated the right side miss entirely (I have a pretty bad two way miss) and was playing some pretty good golf. Then the second jump hit and my accuracy tanked again. Seasons changed and not much golf has been played, so I am hopeful for spring that the improved accuracy will return.

We were told that periods of inconsistency in ball striking were normal.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

My experience was it went in waves. Shortly after a jump in speed, my accuracy was terrible. When the speed stabilized, things would gradually get better. I even went through a phase where it looked like I had eliminated the right side miss entirely (I have a pretty bad two way miss) and was playing some pretty good golf. Then the second jump hit and my accuracy tanked again. Seasons changed and not much golf has been played, so I am hopeful for spring that the improved accuracy will return.

We were told that periods of inconsistency in ball striking were normal.

So as you get used to the new speed your accuracy suffers but you eventually get used to it once your speed stabilizes.

1 hour ago, ZMendle10 said:

So as you get used to the new speed your accuracy suffers but you eventually get used to it once your speed stabilizes.

Yep. I would suspect that if you had a coach to help out, the bad phases wouldn't last terribly long. Since I'm a self-fixer, it was a bit longer.

• Like 1

Have you guys noticed a change or increase in flexibility through the phases?   I apologize in advance if this has already been covered.

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

55 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Have you guys noticed a change or increase in flexibility through the phases?   I apologize in advance if this has already been covered.

For me the stretches and warmup helped a lot with the my flexibility overall so i would say  yes it increased for me. 

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

On 11/4/2020 at 12:06 AM, Apolloshowl said:

I haven't seen 10mph, but again the setup or placement of the PRGR is very important. It took me a bit, but I did find a spot where the numbers were very similar and often within a mph. They do read different the odd time here and there, but they are placed in very different spots as well so depending on the your swing path that can make sense. 

I need you to help me with my PRGR setup.  I had a range of 11mph in my green normal swings today (from 119mph to 130mph).  I also had red normal swings that topped at 113mph and one was only 111mph.  For green heel stomp swings, I had one read 117mph and one read 131mph.  When I did my last set of green normal swings at the end, one was 113mph and one was 130mph.  It just boggles my mind sometimes. 

When I finished my Level 1, I was swinging the green sticks at 141mph.  I find it hard to believe that I've lost speed.  I can't ever seem to get driver to read consistently either.  on GC Quad, it reads 122-124mph.  with PRGR, I haven't been over 120mph since Level 2 week 5...

So any tips on setup would be much appreciated and implemented. I'm thinking of using alignment sticks to play around with it.  I also do it out in a field, so maybe the grass interferes?  But I have it setup on the little stand I've always used.

• Like 1

WITB:

Putter: 681811256_Odysseylogo.png.499799aea6663befa411c8db1d859702.png Stroke Lab Ten S 33"

On 11/3/2020 at 5:32 PM, Rtracymog said:

See my response to Apolloshowl for my thoughts here.  But I do not think the radars messed with each other.  I get that big of a range using just the PRGR alone as well.  I must not be setting it up properly. 

• Like 2

WITB:

1 minute ago, ChasingScratch said:

I need you to help me with my PRGR setup.  I had a range of 11mph in my green normal swings today (from 119mph to 130mph).  I also had red normal swings that topped at 113mph and one was only 111mph.  For green heel stomp swings, I had one read 117mph and one read 131mph.  When I did my last set of green normal swings at the end, one was 113mph and one was 130mph.  It just boggles my mind sometimes. 

When I finished my Level 1, I was swinging the green sticks at 141mph.  I find it hard to believe that I've lost speed.  I can't ever seem to get driver to read consistently either.  on GC Quad, it reads 122-124mph.  with PRGR, I haven't been over 120mph since Level 2 week 5...

So any tips on setup would be much appreciated and implemented. I'm thinking of using alignment sticks to play around with it.  I also do it out in a field, so maybe the grass interferes?  But I have it setup on the little stand I've always used.

I had to move mine a little more inside (closer to my stance and still however far back) to get it to match up with the SwingRadar. It took a bit of time and the first few times I though I was going to come close to the PRGR but after video I had lots or room to spare. It was also propped up on the box, I'll try and get some videos or photos of the setup this weekend to post. Keep in mind I am a lefty so it may just like those swings more haha

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Level 2 Week 7 video is up and running:

• Like 2

WITB:

I was in the original test group and the waves experience that maxentrophy described mirrored my experience. I saw the question on equipment, my changes were a heavier shaft in driver, a switch from 3 wood to a very strong 5 wood and fairway woods to replace hybrids - but I have a slower and am probably older than you.

I learned from that fitting that a swing type has as much to do with shaft type and set configuration as the swing speed does. My swing type didn’t change. It hasn’t changed in 30 plus years. That’s why going to a 5 wood from 2 iron was a great move in the mid 80’s and later replacing 3 iron with 7 wood and carrying a tight lies with 16 degrees loft far better than a traditional 3 wood for me - but all of that was dumb luck on my part.

MGS where were you in the 80’s and 90’s? :)

• Like 4

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

9 hours ago, revkev said:

I was in the original test group and the waves experience that maxentrophy described mirrored my experience. I saw the question on equipment, my changes were a heavier shaft in driver, a switch from 3 wood to a very strong 5 wood and fairway woods to replace hybrids - but I have a slower and am probably older than you.

I learned from that fitting that a swing type has as much to do with shaft type and set configuration as the swing speed does. My swing type didn’t change. It hasn’t changed in 30 plus years. That’s why going to a 5 wood from 2 iron was a great move in the mid 80’s and later replacing 3 iron with 7 wood and carrying a tight lies with 16 degrees loft far better than a traditional 3 wood for me - but all of that was dumb luck on my part.

MGS where were you in the 80’s and 90’s? 🙂

A twinkle in Adam’s eye 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

I did move into level 3 yesterday after doing maintenance through the summer. Was very pleased that I was right where I left off speed wise in June.

My goal is Thursday and Saturday for my other 2 sessions this week. Let’s see if ETA has something else in mind though.

• Like 3

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds.