Jump to content

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System


Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Recommended Posts

After a hiatus of a couple of months - between helping my son with home improvement projects and the move to Florida, I'm officially back into the Protocols. Played my first two rounds this week and knew immediately that I regressed in SS. So I started the protocol (2) today and then shortly after went to the range. I was surprised that I had only lost about 3 mph with my driver. Time to not only recoup that 3 mph but also move onto the next level

Edit: I am also using the OW in conjunction with the sticks as I find the OW keeps my swing in check.

  • Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Working from home now that Michigan is back on modified COVID restrictions. Has the perk of being able to get outside to do protocols at lunchtime.

I started the fourth protocol per the recommendation of the SuperSpeed team in this thread. Very happy to see my speeds have stayed steady despite some layoff time.

IMG_18112020_195442_(1280_x_800_pixel).jpg.ea0b9582bdf34cebff5597b5f8ff7ba8.jpg

Also, I continue to pass the turf tear test...

IMG_18112020_195436_(1280_x_800_pixel).jpg.1b780ae6f335605b56cd69e03367ace7.jpg

  • Like 7

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.1 / Anti-Cap: 14.3 (Last Updated Oct. 9, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5
5-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (5-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, edingc said:

IMG_18112020_195436_(1280_x_800_pixel).jpg.1b780ae6f335605b56cd69e03367ace7.jpg

 

That's a good start, where I swing my clubs is completely bare and I keep digging up some rock (probably the only thing that has prevented holes from forming). I think I have talked the wife into buying a big mat for next year.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just did my first workout in a long time it feels like.  Definitely lost what I had gained.

I hit 124 with the driver on November 3rd... maybe it’s just too cold? 

113 driver but 115 with the 3 wood... maybe I should stick with the 3 wood.. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I've had Superspeed for a while and have been doing it for about a year. When I started I couldn't break 150 mph ball speed with driver. Now I am right around 160. Much better, but I have an issue where I am much more conservative with the driver instead of just letting loose. I have a tendency to slide my hips forward with driver and tilt toward the target at the top of my backswing causing a very low launch angle, 5-9 degrees and over 3K backspin. With the Superspeed sticks, I rotate all the way through and stay back nicely like I should. A couple weeks ago I was taking some swings with my eyes closed with Superspeed and then with the driver, to try and get both swings to match. I then duplicated the swing with a ball and ball speed was 166-169. I was shocked, but have not been able to recreate this since. Has anyone else came across anything similar or have any tips?

I'm a hockey player playing golf today.
SIM2 Max, Ventus Blue Velocore 7X
Apex 16 Irons
Scotty Newport 2
ProV1x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I've had Superspeed for a while and have been doing it for about a year. When I started I couldn't break 150 mph ball speed with driver. Now I am right around 160. Much better, but I have an issue where I am much more conservative with the driver instead of just letting loose. I have a tendency to slide my hips forward with driver and tilt toward the target at the top of my backswing causing a very low launch angle, 5-9 degrees and over 3K backspin. With the Superspeed sticks, I rotate all the way through and stay back nicely like I should. A couple weeks ago I was taking some swings with my eyes closed with Superspeed and then with the driver, to try and get both swings to match. I then duplicated the swing with a ball and ball speed was 166-169. I was shocked, but have not been able to recreate this since. Has anyone else came across anything similar or have any tips?

Not even close for me. I seem to lose my balance swinging with my eyes closed which keeps me from continuing to do it

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Super Speed Round Up - Jbmullin 

I want to first off apologize to the community for not being prompt on this review , it might seem silly but I take this responsibility seriously and due to an injury from over training (running not golf) I was basically limping for a couple months and work , life, covid concerns with kids all got in the way. Not making excuses for my absence but I do feel I owe one. 

I want to again thank Super Speed and MGS for this great opportunity , it was a massive win for my golf swing and game, some control issues but I had those before, but seeing improved distance was a win. 

A bit about my game .. its never where I want it or expect it to be , but I am more positive now than before.

Jody Mullin - YouTube    - link to my you tube page where I have posted my reviews and wrap ups.

I typically average 220-230 off the tee on a good day..  my longest this last summer was 263 yards and had about 10 -15 more in the 245 plus range.. I know its in me to "hit bombs"  just working on the consistency. 

My miss is left.. and not just a little left... a lot left. I have been taking lessons as well and working on shafts and head settings etc to find the right setups. 

Along with longer drives I was seeing shorter irons into greens and man what a difference that makes when you can go driver 7 or 9 and not driver 5 or hybrid .. made 4 birdies this year .. ive never made more than 2 before in a summer. 

From a fitness stand point.. other than the hip issue , I am by my evaluation exceptionally fit.. I run over 100 kms per week every week and do HIIT training 4-6 days a week. Training for a marathon prior to COVID. 

 

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Out of the box , the sticks themselves were good quality, only issue I had was the grips, not great in my opinion. somewhat slick and found I needed to use gloves when I would get further into the protocol. Out of the box not much really special , plan jane ,  not real bells or whistles.  I don't recall seeing the protocols or guide in the box and would be a good add , maybe the protocols and a tracking book or something. 

Grading:

Physical Product:  15/20    

not much here really , the sticks are color coded and easy to distinguish , only issue I have is the grips , would like to see something more quality. 

PROGRAM:  14/20

This one is a tough one to score higher, its a great program and I seen a lot of benefit from it. We had a great start up call and set us up for moving into the testing protocol and the chat group had lots of chatter.. 

I will say this is a massive time commitment and something you really need to be committed to. I actually found it becoming a burden in the end and something I was not looking forward to as it took so much time and moving back and forth , knees , opposite sides. you need to be warmed up and have to be loose or you will for sure hurt yourself. 

Part of the issue for me , I live in a place where we get 4-5 months a year of golf.. by the time October rolls around its usually near 0 degrees and risk of snow at anytime and then stays cold and winter until March.. it sucks.  So I would rather be golfing every chance I get.  I fully plan on committing to starting the swing protocols again this winter now that there are no courses or ranges open. 

Performance: 34/40

Hard to argue with the results of this protocol and program. I started off in the "Turtle" catagory and in the end was seeing my driver speeds up 12+ mph into the mid 90's or higher sometimes .. now like I have stated above.. accuracy literally went sideways... way left sideways .. so its a work in cooperation between the speed and accuracy. 

Performance on the course, well this was one of the best seasons I have ever had and am looking forward to next season already. When drivers were playable,  it was short iron in and not 3/5 wood/Hybrid/Iron.  It makes such a massive difference to scoring. 

These are not magic wands and you wont add speed or distance with out putting in the work, but if you do you will be pleased with the results. 

Misc: 6/10

Was not sure what I was expecting .. bells , whistles .. or other , but was really expecting a bit more when I opened the box, 3 sticks and not much else. Would really like to have the protocols included and perhaps a documentation book or something for speed tracking. I printed off the directions and pages from the website but for the cost of the program.. include them in the box. The grips could be better , really not great quality. 

KEEP OR REGIFT:   9/10 

These are keepers for me, I am looking forward to restarting the protocols this winter and see where I net out next spring when winter goes away for 3-4 weeks....  

CONCLUSION: 

This program is worth the price and time it takes .. like most things in life , it takes work to be successful. You will not open the box , swing a few times and be hitting bombs. The warm up is extensive and you cant do this cold. If you put in the time you will see the benefits of your work. There are a lot of movements and I was somewhat confused by the benefits of the "swinging from the knees" but in the end follow the process and be happy with the results. 

 

FINAL SCORE : 78/100

Jody Mullin - YouTube    - follow along on my progress on my Youtube page , as I mentioned , I plan on working from start to finish again this off season and will keep posting updates. 

Apologies for being so late with this post, and again a massive thank you to Superspeed and MGS for this great opportunity. 

  • Like 2

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to be doing the SuperSpeed C (Counterweighted stick) Level 1 protocol.  I'll probably start after Thanksgiving week. 

We'll see what that does.

Edited by ChasingScratch
  • Like 3

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

Twitter: @GolfSpy_CS

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter: 681811256_Odysseylogo.png.499799aea6663befa411c8db1d859702.png Stroke Lab Ten S 33"

Ball:  :taylormade-small: 2019 TP5X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

Super Speed Round Up - Jbmullin 

I want to first off apologize to the community for not being prompt on this review , it might seem silly but I take this responsibility seriously and due to an injury from over training (running not golf) I was basically limping for a couple months and work , life, covid concerns with kids all got in the way. Not making excuses for my absence but I do feel I owe one. 

I want to again thank Super Speed and MGS for this great opportunity , it was a massive win for my golf swing and game, some control issues but I had those before, but seeing improved distance was a win. 

A bit about my game .. its never where I want it or expect it to be , but I am more positive now than before.

Jody Mullin - YouTube    - link to my you tube page where I have posted my reviews and wrap ups.

I typically average 220-230 off the tee on a good day..  my longest this last summer was 263 yards and had about 10 -15 more in the 245 plus range.. I know its in me to "hit bombs"  just working on the consistency. 

My miss is left.. and not just a little left... a lot left. I have been taking lessons as well and working on shafts and head settings etc to find the right setups. 

Along with longer drives I was seeing shorter irons into greens and man what a difference that makes when you can go driver 7 or 9 and not driver 5 or hybrid .. made 4 birdies this year .. ive never made more than 2 before in a summer. 

From a fitness stand point.. other than the hip issue , I am by my evaluation exceptionally fit.. I run over 100 kms per week every week and do HIIT training 4-6 days a week. Training for a marathon prior to COVID. 

 

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Out of the box , the sticks themselves were good quality, only issue I had was the grips, not great in my opinion. somewhat slick and found I needed to use gloves when I would get further into the protocol. Out of the box not much really special , plan jane ,  not real bells or whistles.  I don't recall seeing the protocols or guide in the box and would be a good add , maybe the protocols and a tracking book or something. 

Grading:

Physical Product:  15/20    

not much here really , the sticks are color coded and easy to distinguish , only issue I have is the grips , would like to see something more quality. 

PROGRAM:  14/20

This one is a tough one to score higher, its a great program and I seen a lot of benefit from it. We had a great start up call and set us up for moving into the testing protocol and the chat group had lots of chatter.. 

I will say this is a massive time commitment and something you really need to be committed to. I actually found it becoming a burden in the end and something I was not looking forward to as it took so much time and moving back and forth , knees , opposite sides. you need to be warmed up and have to be loose or you will for sure hurt yourself. 

Part of the issue for me , I live in a place where we get 4-5 months a year of golf.. by the time October rolls around its usually near 0 degrees and risk of snow at anytime and then stays cold and winter until March.. it sucks.  So I would rather be golfing every chance I get.  I fully plan on committing to starting the swing protocols again this winter now that there are no courses or ranges open. 

Performance: 34/40

Hard to argue with the results of this protocol and program. I started off in the "Turtle" catagory and in the end was seeing my driver speeds up 12+ mph into the mid 90's or higher sometimes .. now like I have stated above.. accuracy literally went sideways... way left sideways .. so its a work in cooperation between the speed and accuracy. 

Performance on the course, well this was one of the best seasons I have ever had and am looking forward to next season already. When drivers were playable,  it was short iron in and not 3/5 wood/Hybrid/Iron.  It makes such a massive difference to scoring. 

These are not magic wands and you wont add speed or distance with out putting in the work, but if you do you will be pleased with the results. 

Misc: 6/10

Was not sure what I was expecting .. bells , whistles .. or other , but was really expecting a bit more when I opened the box, 3 sticks and not much else. Would really like to have the protocols included and perhaps a documentation book or something for speed tracking. I printed off the directions and pages from the website but for the cost of the program.. include them in the box. The grips could be better , really not great quality. 

KEEP OR REGIFT:   9/10 

These are keepers for me, I am looking forward to restarting the protocols this winter and see where I net out next spring when winter goes away for 3-4 weeks....  

CONCLUSION: 

This program is worth the price and time it takes .. like most things in life , it takes work to be successful. You will not open the box , swing a few times and be hitting bombs. The warm up is extensive and you cant do this cold. If you put in the time you will see the benefits of your work. There are a lot of movements and I was somewhat confused by the benefits of the "swinging from the knees" but in the end follow the process and be happy with the results. 

 

FINAL SCORE : 78/100

Jody Mullin - YouTube    - follow along on my progress on my Youtube page , as I mentioned , I plan on working from start to finish again this off season and will keep posting updates. 

Apologies for being so late with this post, and again a massive thank you to Superspeed and MGS for this great opportunity. 

Great review. Don't feel bad about the delay, life has a habit of getting in the way of our extracurricular activities. 

I like your idea about a 'tracking book'. I use a scrap piece of paper to write down the speeds of different clubs which I then transfer to excel. They could set it up with tracking pages for different protocols - that would serve as a reminder for dates and different protocols.

The sticks do have marginal grips. Since my wife and I were using the sticks I didn't change the grips and instead decided to use rain gloves  on both hands . 

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Okay here’s a question for anyone doing protocols, having done protocols and for SuperSpeed if they happen to check in.

Does anyone do a post protocol warm down? If so what.

My trainer suggested that I start doing one. I went, duh, how could I have been doing this for 2 1/2 years without considering that.

I did a self cobbled one after today’s workout but I’m all ears as to what others may be doing.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay here’s a question for anyone doing protocols, having done protocols and for SuperSpeed if they happen to check in.

Does anyone do a post protocol warm down? If so what.

My trainer suggested that I start doing one. I went, duh, how could I have been doing this for 2 1/2 years without considering that.

I did a self cobbled one after today’s workout but I’m all ears as to what others may be doing.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rev,

Not sure if this qualifies as a 'warm-down' , I use OW both before and after my protocol. The post protocol with the OW is generally pretty slow - around 30 mph if you believe the PRGR monitor. I never thought of it as a 'warm-down' but rather a way to keep my swing in check.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started the Counterweight Level 1 protocol yesterday. The metal head on that stick is lighter and smaller than the green stick. The counterweight in the grip really gets your hands snapping hard through the impact zone.

It is a much more simple protocol (it seems like), in that you are only working with the one stick, as opposed to the three in the regular program.

I’ll keep updates coming. No videos this time. I just don’t have the time to commit to doing that for an entire protocol again. I will likely do a review video after I’m done with the protocol.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 5

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

Twitter: @GolfSpy_CS

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter: 681811256_Odysseylogo.png.499799aea6663befa411c8db1d859702.png Stroke Lab Ten S 33"

Ball:  :taylormade-small: 2019 TP5X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMG_2456.thumb.JPG.5545db227b525df5fb56747371944cc8.JPG

Had my first drive on a swing over 100 mph on both the radar and potable LM. I’ve had a number on the radar but they were not on the LM. This was 102 and 101 on devices respectively.

Looking back to early fall (when I resumed regular protocols instead of just doing maintenance) I was averaging 91 mph SS. Today it was 96 mph for a 20 drive series. That is significant. My average ball speed was up to 136, from 130 and carry distance to 222 from 215. I suspected that I had gotten faster based on where I’ve hit my drives to the last couple of times that I’ve played.

And it’s starting to dry out a bit finally, the late season tropical storm kept us wet much longer than normal. I hit one drive that carried 235 per the LM - I’d think that it was over 250 with its run out. I know it was past a flag that I measured at 242 from where I was at.

I will need to pause the next few weeks for obvious reasons but will do at least one work out a week to keep this speed up.

I’m very excited


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 8

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At the risk of maybe missing this earlier, is it a terrible idea to use the sticks without a launch monitor? I’m definitely planning to do a before and after on driver swing speeds, but was thinking of doing the training without monitoring the changes each day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At the risk of maybe missing this earlier, is it a terrible idea to use the sticks without a launch monitor? I’m definitely planning to do a before and after on driver swing speeds, but was thinking of doing the training without monitoring the changes each day. 

The difficulty is not knowing if you are actually swinging faster. With a radar unit you get an actual measure of speed, not just a feel. Many time you may feel like you were faster but really weren’t
  • Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:


The difficulty is not knowing if you are actually swinging faster. With a radar unit you get an actual measure of speed, not just a feel. Many time you may feel like you were faster but really weren’t

I'd agree, but I'd also add that the training can still be done and still help you make significant speed gains, it's just that having the unit helps you make the training more efficient.

Some have argued that the radar is necessary to stay motivated...seeing the numbers day-to-day brings you back for more.  That argument doesn't resonate with me...I have no problem trusting a process and looking for my gains on the course, when they come.  (Or, via sporadic use of simulators when I can.)

The notion that the radar helps you learn how to swing fast...that I can't argue with.  Makes sense.  Wish I had one.

  • Like 2

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: SIM DHY 3 & 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

The difficulty is not knowing if you are actually swinging faster. With a radar unit you get an actual measure of speed, not just a feel. Many time you may feel like you were faster but really weren’t

@ELEL13 you'll find a lot of agreement on @cnosilcomment. Doing the before and after is important to understand the progress, but you don't know what you could have missed in increased driver speed. By not continually monitoring progress you might leave 5 or more mph on the table. Using the LM allows you to see ongoing progress from week to week, and captures the jumps that happen throughout the protocols. I also use the LM as a motivator to swing faster and it's the perfect device to provide you that feedback. As @cnosil you think you may be swinging faster but aren't, that has happened numerous times to me where I think (and hear) that I'm swinging faster but actually not. 

  

  • Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ELEL13 said:

At the risk of maybe missing this earlier, is it a terrible idea to use the sticks without a launch monitor? I’m definitely planning to do a before and after on driver swing speeds, but was thinking of doing the training without monitoring the changes each day. 

I would agree with other posters and add that if you are a competitive person by nature having the speed measuring device will push you to be faster with every swing.  

I doubt that I would receive much benefit by training without a device of some sort to be quite honest.  I've learned that what I feel is not often correct.  Likewise I've learned a lot with my personal LM in regards to what trajectory is right for distance with driver,  What you see and feel there isn't always correct either.

 

Good luck with your training.

  • Like 2

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just starting this, very excited. I was planing to do this inside carpeted room in socks. Has anyone trained like that? I’m assuming I’d swing faster outside in sneakers but tough with the snow. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...