Time for new shiney things

Nunfa0

Glad your hip & things are better. Nothing more fun than new toys! Don’t forget Mizuno...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Good luck in your search! Keep us in the loop on how things go. 

• Like 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

I mean buying new sticks is always fun! and its because you see an improvement after surgery....EVEN BETTER! Good luck, cant wait to see what fits.

• Like 2

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

That's wonderful news on the hip @Nunfa0, just make sure its on the USGA conforming list since!

The first thing I would want to swing is the Srixon ZX7 and 5s.  They look nice and everyone seems to love them.  Not sure if you're thinking player's distance, hollow, or any preferences you have, but I still love the current Forged Tecs too!

Enjoy the ride, looking forward to hearing about your fitting! ⛳🏌️‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

Awesome news/results on the hip replacement.  It's crazy just how successful these type surgeries have become.  Having just gone through the new irons drill myself, I look forward to seeing what you end up with. My results (order placed) definitely surprised me.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

9 hours ago, MGoBlue100 said:

Glad your hip & things are better. Nothing more fun than new toys! Don’t forget Mizuno...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yep Mizuno are high on the list, perhaps the 921 SEL....

• Like 1
  • Love 2

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King Forged Tec (2016) - LH - 4-PW - KBS C-Taper light Reg
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Barbados Island
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

7 hours ago, B.Boston said:

That's wonderful news on the hip @Nunfa0, just make sure its on the USGA conforming list since!

The first thing I would want to swing is the Srixon ZX7 and 5s.  They look nice and everyone seems to love them.  Not sure if you're thinking player's distance, hollow, or any preferences you have, but I still love the current Forged Tecs too!

Enjoy the ride, looking forward to hearing about your fitting! ⛳🏌️‍♂️

The Srixons look gorgeous and I have already arranged to hit them next week...

• Like 2

Irons:      :cobra-small: King Forged Tec (2016) - LH - 4-PW - KBS C-Taper light Reg
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Glad to hear from you Nunfao!

How’s the hip, are you gonna become a bionic golfer?

On the serious side, hows the length of your legs?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

It's good to hear your hips are doing good and you're seeing better speed. Have fun trying the new, shiny objects and it'll be fun to follow along and see what you end up with. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

The Srixons look gorgeous and I have already arranged to hit them next week...

Be forewarned, there is high probability the ZX7's, ZX5's, or a combo of them will be in your bag after you're done window shopping 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

4 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Glad to hear from you Nunfao!

How’s the hip, are you gonna become a bionic golfer?

On the serious side, hows the length of your legs?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Put it this way, I haven't had to have my pants adjusted at all 😁

When it comes to bionic, my handicap has gone from 11 to 8 and looks like dropping further so... Yes I am bionic now 🏌️💥🤣

• Like 5

So today I went a bit the first group of candidates for my new set. I started by telling the fitter what I needed ie feel, consistency and good spin. 

He got me to hit a group with my 7 iron, Cobra 2016 Forged Tec, to warm up and get base numbers. He came to the conclusion that players cavity irons were the way to go and I was happy to agree. We also realised that I now need to go back to stiff shafts.

The first club he got me to hit was the Callaway Apex. It was by far the longest but the spin was down. The feel was good but a bit "clicky".

Next was the Ping i210. This was a resounding no, it looked ok but we just didn't see eye to i (sorry couldn't resist).

Then we hit the Titleist T200. It went well with good dispersion, spin and ok feel.

Next it was the turn of the Wilson CB. This was the shortest iron but it also has the highest loft at 34*. The spin was great and dispersion was really nice. The feel was phenomenal!! My first comment on hitting it was " Holy S###". It felt butter soft compared to the others and I could have hit it all day 😍. Also, to my eye, this is easily the best looking club I hit today.

To finish up I asked to hit the Mizuno Hot Metal irons. I had a set of JPX 900s and loved them but the new one was terrible 😳. I hit it all over the planet so we said goodbye to it.

After all of this he looked at the GC quad numbers and picked out the Titleist T200 and the Wilson CB as the final pair. He got me to hit both again with Pro Vs instead of range balls, so we could get "real" numbers. He was concerned the CBs could balloon into wind.

The Titleist went first and again was good but the feel was not quite there. Also the blade was just a little too long for my eye.

Then the Wilson CBs just blew the Titleists away. The looks and feel were just way too good and the dispersion was fantastic. The spin was right where I like it, between 7000 and 8000 revs combined with a 47* descent angle for drop and stop.

So far I have been fitted to a set of Wilson CBs, standard lie and lofts with KBS $taper stiff shafts.

I have a booking on Friday to hit the Srixon Z5 and Z7s but they will have to do something amazing to beat out the Wilsons...

• Like 4
  • Love 5

Rip i210... But I'll guessing there replacement will be out soon. Looking forward to the Srixons update.

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

2 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

So today I went a bit the first group of candidates for my new set. I started by telling the fitter what I needed ie feel, consistency and good spin. 

He got me to hit a group with my 7 iron, Cobra 2016 Forged Tec, to warm up and get base numbers. He came to the conclusion that players cavity irons were the way to go and I was happy to agree. We also realised that I now need to go back to stiff shafts.

The first club he got me to hit was the Callaway Apex. It was by far the longest but the spin was down. The feel was good but a bit "clicky".

Next was the Ping i210. This was a resounding no, it looked ok but we just didn't see eye to i (sorry couldn't resist).

Then we hit the Titleist T200. It went well with good dispersion, spin and ok feel.

Next it was the turn of the Wilson CB. This was the shortest iron but it also has the highest loft at 34*. The spin was great and dispersion was really nice. The feel was phenomenal!! My first comment on hitting it was " Holy S###". It felt butter soft compared to the others and I could have hit it all day 😍. Also, to my eye, this is easily the best looking club I hit today.

To finish up I asked to hit the Mizuno Hot Metal irons. I had a set of JPX 900s and loved them but the new one was terrible 😳. I hit it all over the planet so we said goodbye to it.

After all of this he looked at the GC quad numbers and picked out the Titleist T200 and the Wilson CB as the final pair. He got me to hit both again with Pro Vs instead of range balls, so we could get "real" numbers. He was concerned the CBs could balloon into wind.

The Titleist went first and again was good but the feel was not quite there. Also the blade was just a little too long for my eye.

Then the Wilson CBs just blew the Titleists away. The looks and feel were just way too good and the dispersion was fantastic. The spin was right where I like it, between 7000 and 8000 revs combined with a 47* descent angle for drop and stop.

So far I have been fitted to a set of Wilson CBs, standard lie and lofts with KBS $taper stiff shafts.

I have a booking on Friday to hit the Srixon Z5 and Z7s but they will have to do something amazing to beat out the Wilsons...

The Wilson CBs are gorgeous. Can't wait to hear what you think of the Srixons as well. Should be a good shootout between the two.

Glad to see you back around here!

• Like 1

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 8.3 / Anti-Cap: 14.4 (Last Updated Sept. 12, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5
5-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (5-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

3 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

The Wilsons have been getting nothing but love. I think they're going to be in your bag for a long time, no matter what the Srixons do for you on Friday 😉 

• Like 1

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

4 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

those Srixon's are amazing.... you know Koepka won with a set of ZX7 this year? and he doesn't even get paid to play them. 

Going to be a really tough choice for you.

• Like 1

I got something to say then I'm gonna say it. 

Having tried out the multiple offerings available this winter, as my iron game has always been the bane of my existence, I found there currently are a number of great sticks out there.  I honed it down to Mizuno and Srixon (I've been a Mizuno player for 15 years), but the Srixon's ZX's won out this go around, they simply sound and feel amazing.  Good luck in your search.    

• Like 2

:ping-small: G425 Driver - 10.5 degree

:ping-small: G425 3W - 16 degree

:ping-small: G425 5W - 19 degree

:ping-small: G425 4 Hybrid - 22 degree

SRIXON ZX4 5-AW - Nippon MODUS 105 shafts

:scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 8 Putter - Original "Two Thumb" grip 

Edel Trapper Wedge Lob Wedge 60 Degree Used Golf Club at GlobalGolf.com 54 and 58 degree V-Grind SMS wedges

Right, here is part two and the final decision.

Last Friday I went along to The Golf Warehouse here in Christchurch to hit the Srixon irons. I was lucky enough to be able to work with Ritchie Bath, the head fitter.

Ritchie is passionate about golf and loves to think outside the square. He had me hitting heavy shafts with game improvement heads, light shafts with players heads and so on. I tried Callaway Apex again with light, stiff graphite and they felt great but spin was down as was dispersion. I tried ZX7 with light weight steel and they were really nice but definitely firmer than the Wilson CBs. The clubs that surprised me were the ZX4 players distance irons. They felt great and flew high and straight. The decent angle was up but spin was down. Still I was starting to think I could game these when a nasty little flyer reared it's head. I was hitting wedge 131 yards over and over, when I made a swing that felt no different and it went 142 yards. I couldn't blame anything for it so it had to be the club. This is the sort of thing that I want to avoid, if I make a bad swing and end up short then its my fault but a sudden hot shot from the face is a score killer.

I walked out of the store after an hour or so knowing exactly what I was going to do. I went and had another hit with the Wilsons and ordered them straight away. There is just something about those clubs that really clicks with me and they feel so damn good!!

Oh and while I was back at Riccarton Park I had a hit with the Mizuno 921 SELs. They are pretty but scary with not much offset. They feel great out of the centre but not so good out of the hosel 😝

So I am getting Wilson Staff CB irons, 4-pw, KBS $taper stiff (100 gms), standard loft and lie with mid size grips. When I get them I will post lots of gratuitous club pictures 😍😁

• Like 7
  • Love 1

That's awesome! Can't wait to see some photos and how they work in the course. Does this mean you have a set for me to use if I'm able to sneak my way back there in the next couple years? 

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: