What Equipment Have You Tested?

GolfSpy_APH

Actually not sure which "soft" they were. Have to double check. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Tried the Ai Smoke Max at DSG during my walk today (needed to pick up spikes anyways). It wasn't my preferred loft or shaft/flex but gave it a go. Sounds so much better than my Epic Max LS and misses, especially heel side seemed better. Toe side were still wonky. Lofted down (didn't play with weight, kept it neutral) and that helped a little. I know these weren't the best balls (I think Titliest tru soft or something) and it was on a GC3 but I was still carrying some 270ish with 10-12 yards of roll. May have to try this in a fitting bay.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 70g 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Posted (edited)

I haven't officially demo/tested anything yet with enough time to truly get a good combo for me...

In saying that, I hit a few balls with the new Cobra Darkspeed irons, and both iterations of the Callaway Smokes. 

While I liked the ball flight/shape from the smokes better, especially the HL variant (I'm a fairly noob golfer < 6 months playing pushing to break 100), I liked the feel of the Darkspeeds a ton more. Added note to that, I was fully warmed up hitting the Smokes, and had just gotten out of the vehicle after 50 minutes in a vehicle, wearing jeans and hey dudes on wet grass hitting the Darkspeeds so my shot was far from optimal.

*my warmed up swing speed is about 78-85ish on a 7i, and avg distance of 150-165ish with my current Sim Max set*

The Darkspeeds were purely effortless distance and launch for me hitting barely warm up shots. 

I saw a lot of "professional" review articles and YouTube videos saying some people may not find the height/launch on the Darks to be enough... but it was more than enough for me plum cold hitting. 

I'm going to try the new Taylormade Qi irons tomorrow, and maybe a few others, at a real fitting. *note for the veterans in the group, Taylormade is offering up 150% trade value again on the new stuff, and an extra 10% (total of 25% discount) with your id.me verification site wide I believe. I have a pretty decent set of Sim Max irons and with the extra trade value and id.me discount, a set of 4-PW is down to under 400 bucks! Worth checking out if you got your eye on them! 

In saying ALL that, has anyone here hit the Qi yet?! There aren't any dealers or demo/fittings events near me for a while for TM, Cal, or Cobra. Which is disappointing because I would love to hit the Cobras more because my first impressions were so solid. I just feel I can't pass up the possibility of brand new irons for less than 400 bucks custom built for +.5 and 1 up. 

I'd also like to hit some Srixons, but apparently they don't exist in this state whatsoever...

I'd love to hear your experiences and thoughts on any new models you have hit iron wise! Especially in the game improvement section, if you have.

Cheers y'all!

Edited by cactusboy505
Add clarity to info

I wonder what it's like to throw darts...

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing around with some of the new Vice golf balls and I have to say I am very impressed. While their price point has crept up slightly over the past few years I believe their quality has also increased. I haven't done any thorough "ball lab" style tests but anecdotally the balls I have received feel consistent and of high quality. In doing some head-to-head tests between the Vice Pro Plus, Pro V1x, and TP5x I did not notice a difference in length or spin between these balls. Given I will need many more shots to make a definitive statement so far my opinion is that they are worth the buy and also offer a nice variety of colours and styles (my favorite is the drip). If you haven't tried out these balls I would definitely recommend giving them a shot if you are looking for a more affordable golf ball.

Avid recreational golfer with a 9 handicap, looking to make major equipment upgrades this year

Cobra Golf Logo - LogoDixCobra Speed Pro X 10.5° with Aldila VS Proto 65g shaft

Cobra Golf Logo - LogoDixCobra S2 3-Wood 15° with Fujikura Regular flex 65g shaft

Founders Club Hybrids (3 & 4) and Irons (5-PW) with Regular shaft

Cleveland Golf - Wikipedia          50° and 56° CG14 with Zip Groves and 8° & 11° bounce with Wedge Flex shaft

60° REG.588 Tour Action with Wedge Flex shaft

Home - TaylorMade GolfTaylorMade Ghost TM 110 Putter 34"

undecided | DevpostUndecided on what Golf Ball to use this year

So I tested out a 2 iron and it was just in the simulator but wasn’t quite doing what I was looking for. I carry a very old cobra forge tec 3 wood that I hit reliably around 250 with is a great distance. Not im looking to either upgrade that or find something in the 275-290 range. Im not complaining but there is like a 70-80 yrs gap between the 3 wood and driver that I’d rather not try to choke down on one of them to make. Even if I could just get rid of the 3 wood for a newer club that could be in the 270 yd range I’d be happy.

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

I went to a Club Champion but the guy I was looking for wasn't there, but I stayed and spent an hour putting.  Think I fell in love with Edel EAS 4 Torque, and EAS 5, and a face balanced one from Never Compromise, the Reserve 4.  

#1  PXG 0211 10.5 deg, Evnflo Riptide CB 40 gram A flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr,  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram A flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1,    Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i 18 degree, Recoil 95 reg flex.

4 iron:  GFF Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree forged hollow body,  Aerotech Steelfiber 😍😃💥.

5 Hybrid: Mizuno (2017) JPX Fli-Hi wave tech, Recoil ESX 460 reg flex.

Irons: 6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil Smacwrap ES 760, reg flex.

Wedges: 2 x Mizuno S5 52/09.  1@ 50 deg, 1@ 54 deg; New (July 2024) Mizu ES 21, 58 x 08, jet black.

Chipper: Don Martin "Up n In" brass/bronze. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, with 2 piece Stroke Lab multi material shaft.🙃💘

On 6/10/2024 at 2:26 PM, Donn lost in San Diego said:

Think I fell in love with Edel EAS 4 Torque

Have I got a deal for you... (says the dude from NY that you've never met 😂)

Actually have an EAS 4.0 for sale. Of you decide you want to go that route DM me, we'll talk!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric trolley.
Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or Vice Pro Air. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

5 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Have I got a deal for you... (says the dude from NY that you've never met 😂)

Actually have an EAS 4.0 for sale. Of you decide you want to go that route DM me, we'll talk!

I'll message u later this morning I'm interested 

#1  PXG 0211 10.5 deg, Evnflo Riptide CB 40 gram A flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr,  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram A flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1,    Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i 18 degree, Recoil 95 reg flex.

4 iron:  GFF Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree forged hollow body,  Aerotech Steelfiber 😍😃💥.

5 Hybrid: Mizuno (2017) JPX Fli-Hi wave tech, Recoil ESX 460 reg flex.

Irons: 6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil Smacwrap ES 760, reg flex.

Wedges: 2 x Mizuno S5 52/09.  1@ 50 deg, 1@ 54 deg; New (July 2024) Mizu ES 21, 58 x 08, jet black.

Chipper: Don Martin "Up n In" brass/bronze. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, with 2 piece Stroke Lab multi material shaft.🙃💘

I tested the 2022  Callaway Epic 4 22* Superhybrid with the adjustable Steelfiber shaft. With the weighting and titanium head, it goes as long as my 21* Sim Max 3H. Super forgiving and mis-hits were very straight. My back was stiff and hitting off of a compressed, older mat in the Golf Mart, so getting an optimal strike was tough but those factors showed how forgiving they are. I ordered the 18* 3H and 22* 4H and plan on turning them down 1* and replacing my 5W and 3H since I can't seem to hit woods as consistently as I can my hybrids.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 8* w/Tensei AV White 65-S

Callaway Superhybrid 3 17* and 4 20* w/Steelfiber 75 FC

Ping i2305 4-PW w/DG 105g

TaylorMade MG3 50/54/58 wedges w/DG S200

Odyssey Number 10 Slant Neck

Maxfli Tour Ball

I've been testing out the TaylorMade Stealth Plus driver (10.5 deg, stiff shaft) lately. It's been hitting bombs off the tee! Especially dialing it in with a slight fade has been money. Anyone else get a chance to hit one? By the way, if you're looking to add a touch of class to your home interior, consider installing some gold door handles. They can really elevate the look and feel of any space.

Edited by xylostarjames

The Callaway Epic 3 and 4 Superhybrids are rocket launchers. There is no longer a need for a 5 wood in my bag since turning down the 18* to 17* still launches the ball high and I can hit it around 210 and it's the length of a normal 3H. I used to play a 3W that went about 220, switched to 5W, which went around 210, but I was still having problems hitting them off the deck and these clubs seem to be the solution.

Maxfli Tour Ball

I have been using a rivl 60 degree wedge for a few months now and I'm honestly in love with it. The bounce seems perfect for my flop shots. I get plenty of spin and the shaft and head are very light. I prefer this due to the heavier heads feeling like they are helping pull through. It has a nice pop off the face maybe not quite as responsive as my vokey but very close. The micro milling also seems to help generate spin and make the face seem just a little softer on impact I love it personally would like to get the whole set.

I'm good at wedge dribbling

On 5/21/2024 at 4:37 PM, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Tried the Ai Smoke Max at DSG during my walk today (needed to pick up spikes anyways). It wasn't my preferred loft or shaft/flex but gave it a go. Sounds so much better than my Epic Max LS and misses, especially heel side seemed better. Toe side were still wonky. Lofted down (didn't play with weight, kept it neutral) and that helped a little. I know these weren't the best balls (I think Titliest tru soft or something) and it was on a GC3 but I was still carrying some 270ish with 10-12 yards of roll. May have to try this in a fitting bay.

DO IT... DOOOOO ITTTTTTT

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:callaway-small: AI Smoke Max, 12*, set -1/D, Project X RDX Smoke Red 50, 6.0 Flex

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:titleist-small: Prov V1X Left Dash... for now

Hey Spies, 

Has anyone tested or uses Krank Golf fairway woods? I'm sure everyone has some sort of curiosity with DeChambeau's recent win. I don't think they sell these at any local retailers here in Canada and was just curious what they're about! 

There's a pretty great deal going on right now - $150 off with all fairway woods and driver. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 - TENSEI AV Series White 65 Stiff

3wood: Taylormade Stealth - Ventus Blue Stiff 

Driving Iron: Ping Crossover 3iron - Ping Stiff 

Irons: 4-PW Titleist AP2 - Dynamic Gold S300 

Wedges: 52 Vokey SM6 (F Grind), 56 Vokey SM8 (D Grind), 60 Vokey SM9 (M Grind)

Putter: LAB MEZZ.1 MAX

Ball: Titleist TruFeel 

GPS: Garmin S70/CT10 Sensors (Current MGS Tester) 

On 4/22/2024 at 7:04 AM, Golf88 said:

Just bought the ping g430 10K 9 degree w/ tour stiff shaft.  Pretty good so far.    Upgrade for sure from my stealth 2 but I still prefer my Rogue LS.  However, I do notice about a 5-10 yard bump from my Rogue with a higher ball flight.  I tried my buddies Qi10 on the range and I did find it to be a huge upgrade from last years stealth 2.  I may venture to get one because I was liking the ball flight, accuracy and distance.

I just purchased the new copper 790 irons 5-PW and mini driver copper. Should be here this week.  I'm a little nervous because they appear to be more a players irons than im used to. I've always traditionally used a game improvement iron. 

I just bought the Ping G430 as well. It is a huge upgrade in accuracy from my Cobra F9. I also tested the Qi10 and found both drivers produced very similar numbers on Trackman, though the Qi10 appeared to have more draw bias. Good luck in your club testing!

Driver- Ping G430 Max

3 wood- Cobra F9

Irons- Wilson C300 Forged

Wedges- Taylormade M3

Putter- Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

We had callaway demo day at our course. I tried out hybrids and a few irons. I loved the apex although I'm still not sure if it was a perfect match. I think I'm going to do a bit of looking around and seeing If I like any irons.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybrid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :callaway-small:  Tour X 2024
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours or Sketchers Max Fairway Go 4

I tested so many irons yesterday, went to a Club Champion for a fitting - didn't walk away from anything since my current shot is a huge slice no matter what, but I LOVED the aerotech steelfiber shafts with the Mizuno 923 Hot Metal heads- they felt great. Really like the AI Smoke heads on a KBS Tour Lite shaft as well - really considering ordering some, since I can get them new for a pretty decent price and trade in my current set. Oh, and I discovered I'm playing irons that are .5 inches longer than standard, and I need shafts that are .25 to .5 inches shorter - explains why I like choking up on the grips and my lie angle looks screwed at address.

Titleist TSR2 9degree

Callaway Paradym X 3W

Callaway Epic Max 5W

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke 4-PW

Wedges: Taylormade MG4 50-degree, Cleveland Tour Action 588 56-degree

Nike Putter

On 6/30/2024 at 7:25 PM, Chas c said:

Oh, and I discovered I'm playing irons that are .5 inches longer than standard, and I need shafts that are .25 to .5 inches shorter - explains why I like choking up on the grips and my lie angle looks screwed at address.

wow that alone was well worth the price of the fitting! Great when you find out things like that .. now you can eliminate that equipment variable 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric trolley.
Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or Vice Pro Air. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

Started playing the callaway paradym irons with DG X100 shafts after a 20+ year hiatus from golf.  Distances took some getting used to because these things go extremely far.  I was surprised that the X100 worked for me - much better than the S300 I had in my old set.  Just ordered the Paradym Triple Diamond driver as well.

Callaway paradym 5-GW DGx100 shafts

Titleist Vokey 56 degree

Taylormade R11 3-wood

Ping copper putter

Ping 20 degree hybrid

PXG 25 degree hybrid 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond Driver

Single length irons.  I’ve been doing research on these clubs for quite a while, even before Bryson showed up. So, I pulled the trigger one year and bought a set, kind of spending. Went to the range, per their suggestion, to get used to them. They felt good, but I just couldn’t make a connection with them. I understand the principal and I wholeheartedly agree. Having one set up, one ball placement, one swing is a great feeling/idea. Most of my shots were good, not great. I still have the clubs because I think as I get older, I will relegate myself to the single club so I don’t have to keep remembering where the hell do I place my clubs in my stance, blah-blah-blah.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2024 at 8:14 AM, SDGolf619 said:

The Callaway Epic 3 and 4 Superhybrids are rocket launchers. There is no longer a need for a 5 wood in my bag since turning down the 18* to 17* still launches the ball high and I can hit it around 210 and it's the length of a normal 3H. I used to play a 3W that went about 220, switched to 5W, which went around 210, but I was still having problems hitting them off the deck and these clubs seem to be the solution.

Just wanted to do a follow up since I have played these for over a month and they have performed amazingly well. I was skeptical but have been very surprised and there's no need for a 5W when I have a 17* Superhybrid that carries nearly the same distance. Off the tee, fairway or rough these clubs are so stable and forgiving. Plus, the versatility that makes losing a few extra yards compared to a longer wood that you may not even pull out of the bag during a round. Plus, the gapping from my 4i to the 4H is about perfect.

I can't recommend these clubs enough to anyone looking for an alternative to fairway woods. 

Maxfli Tour Ball

Mizuno 245 irons. Had some old TaylorMade M5 irons with graphite shafts I bought off the rack. Decided to get fit and decided whatever the number said id go with. That said, I love the clean blade look . Hit everything from the new Smoke irons, Titleist, ping and the numbers on the Mizunos we're so much better. Also love the clean look of "almost blades". Have played multiple rounds with them now and have never hit the ball better. 

PXL_20240222_002024988.jpg

Mizuno / TaylorMade / Titleist 

Got to try some new equipment today.   

Vice VGP02 putter - definitely heavy with a 395 gram head.  The one thing I noticed was that it seemed very hot off the face.  

Titleist GT3 Driver - Tried it out but the setup wasn't for me.   I'd be willing to try some of the other heads and shafts to see if they might be better. 

Titleist GT Fairway - This club was simply amazing.  Great ball speed and easy to hit.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

52 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Got to try some new equipment today.   

Vice VGP02 putter - definitely heavy with a 395 gram head.  The one thing I noticed was that it seemed very hot off the face.  

Titleist GT3 Driver - Tried it out but the setup wasn't for me.   I'd be willing to try some of the other heads and shafts to see if they might be better. 

Titleist GT Fairway - This club was simply amazing.  Great ball speed and easy to hit.   

GT3 spin numbers low, or was it a left/right thing? I'm waiting for my Truespec to get the heads in so I can go down there and give them a whack next to the other releases from earlier this year. 8/1 seems like forever away 😭

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: :L.A.B.: DF3 x Accra

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Have my Accra TZ 85i shafts installed and will be giving them a first run shortly. 

Then have a new Helix proto type shaft. Was curious to see that it is made by Mitsubishi Chemical. I really don't know much about it at all as it was just sent to me. Has the Cally adapter on it so will toss it into the Paradym TD and see how it goes!

Range is closed so first tee should be entertaining!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

9 hours ago, yungkory said:

GT3 spin numbers low, or was it a left/right thing? I'm waiting for my Truespec to get the heads in so I can go down there and give them a whack next to the other releases from earlier this year. 8/1 seems like forever away 😭

It was Phillips at HQ driver so I didn’t get to play around with the adjustments.   Tried the Ventus, GD, Newton, and one other shaft that I don’t remember and spin was definitely high.  The balance of the club also felt off I was a bit cautious as well since the tees were a little high for my preference and I didn’t want to skymark his driver 😂.    Additionally I really wasn’t getting much more ball speed that the 4 wood unless I hit the ball well.    

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Anyone tried the Maxfli Tour balls? I’ve read they are good, but never given them a shot.  I typically play more “premium” balls that fit my need for lower spin, so interested in anyone’s opinion. Price seems right.

4 minutes ago, BradM said:

Anyone tried the Maxfli Tour balls? I’ve read they are good, but never given them a shot.  I typically play more “premium” balls that fit my need for lower spin, so interested in anyone’s opinion. Price seems right.

There are tons of forum members who rave about the Maxfli Tour balls!

I also have too much spin with almost all clubs. I decided to go with the Maxfli Tour S and it seems to have hit a sweet spot for me in terms of price, feel, spin and distance. I compared it to a Vice Pro and the new Titleist AVX during the '23 Titleist white box testing and the Tour S came out on top for me.

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter: LABLogo_25px.png.d348c70a35f07dfed1742feb45210a2f.png DF3 OFFICIAL MEMBER REVIEW HERE ‘24

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

1 hour ago, BradM said:

I have been playing the Maxfli Tour for the last year or so. I signed up for Dick's SMS texts and they send a "buy $100 or more and get $20 off" coupon a couple times a year. I have used the coupon twice on the 48-pack of Maxfli's and it works despite them saying it's not for sale items. With the coupon, the balls end up being $96 or $2 per ball. You can't beat this for a multi-layered ball with a quality cover. I recommend trying a dozen and I am sure you can test them in Dick's or Golf Galaxy on one of the simulators.

I have not tried the Maxfli Tour X, but since I find ProV1X to be too firm, I think the standard Maxfli Tour is perfect for me.

Edited by SDGolf619

Maxfli Tour Ball