Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

31 minutes ago, TBS said:

The big question is what was on the Mena tour's OWGR application. I would be shocked if there isn't a clause already on the application preventing this bait and switch. I bet OWGR has legalese regarding what happens if a tour decides to make significant changes to its structure, it must re-apply. 

Greg is just trying to set up a good lawsuit. From how the first hearing went on whether to grant a stay for the FedEx Cup, I would be shocked if the PGA Tour and OWGR weren't already prepared for this. If LIV wants to have a chance, it needs to ditch Greg and get a real business leader running the show.

LIV suing OWGR would likely further delay it ever getting any points.

15 minutes ago, LICC said:

LIV suing OWGR would likely further delay it ever getting any points.

Further points out Greg's inability to succeed in this business venture. He's reacting and trying to be spiteful rather than strategic. His motivation isn't to put on the best golf product its to take down the PGA tour and it shows. I truly believe if he just focused on creating a great golf product, he could come out on top especially with an unlimited budget. 

The strategic move would be to work with Asian Tour to try to elevate their events for points. 

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

2 hours ago, TBS said:

The big question is what was on the Mena tour's OWGR application. I would be shocked if there isn't a clause already on the application preventing this bait and switch. I bet OWGR has legalese regarding what happens if a tour decides to make significant changes to its structure, it must re-apply. 

Greg is just trying to set up a good lawsuit. From how the first hearing went on whether to grant a stay for the FedEx Cup, I would be shocked if the PGA Tour and OWGR weren't already prepared for this. If LIV wants to have a chance, it needs to ditch Greg and get a real business leader running the show.

Or someone that is not universally hated now

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, TBS said:

I have only read one article but I didn’t see anywhere that the MENA tour was going to change their format. So if I missed that someone forgive me, but this post is pure speculation that the tour is going to adopt the format of the LIV events. I get it many despise Norman, the LIV tours funding source and the players jumping for more money, but the speculation of things is kind of nonsense

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I have only read one article but I didn’t see anywhere that the MENA tour was going to change their format. So if I missed that someone forgive me, but this post is pure speculation that the tour is going to adopt the format of the LIV events. I get it many despise Norman, the LIV tours funding source and the players jumping for more money, but the speculation of things is kind of nonsense

How is that nonsense? The scheduled LIV events are using the format they said they are using. 54 holes, no cut, shotgun starts. That is a change for the MENA tour.

54 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Let me clarify- Mena, to my understanding, has always been 54 holes no cut but not invitational closed/limited fields with no qualifying. Also it was sold to OWGR as a developmental tour, which LIV is clearly not. THAT is a significant change to what the events were in 2019. 

14 minutes ago, TBS said:

Let me clarify- Mena, to my understanding, has always been 54 holes no cut but not invitational closed/limited fields with no qualifying. Also it was sold to OWGR as a developmental tour, which LIV is clearly not. THAT is a significant change to what the events were in 2019. 

But again where does it say LIV is taking over MENA or that MENA is adopting the LIV formats? 

They formed a partnership so that the LIV members can get OWGR points. It’s still as of now a development tour. LIV members would get the ability to play on the events and earn points albeit not many. It would allow them to let LIV players maybe skip one of the LIvV events to play on a MENA event.

again lots of speculation that isn’t based in any reporting 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

13 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

But again where does it say LIV is taking over MENA or that MENA is adopting the LIV formats? 

They formed a partnership so that the LIV members can get OWGR points. It’s still as of now a development tour. LIV members would get the ability to play on the events and earn points albeit not many. It would allow them to let LIV players maybe skip one of the LIvV events to play on a MENA event.

Yes lots of unknowns still to come out. 

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

MENA is sanctioning the LIV events as their own. The LIV events are going forward as structured. Thus a change to the MENA format. 

On 9/29/2022 at 4:36 PM, GaDawg said:

Talk about a slap in the face, volunteers @ Sanderson Farms wearing Greg Norman apparel.

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-greg-norman-logo-volunteers-173017190.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Hardly a slap in the face. I'd call it a 0. The logos are small and most people don't know what the Shark brand is. If it was LIV branded clothing, that would be a whole other thing.

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

11 hours ago, shootmyage said:

i would bet there are people playing golf on the 2 tpc golf courses in texas greg norman designed

I'd like to join them...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

23 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

Hardly a slap in the face. I'd call it a 0. The logos are small and most people don't know what the Shark brand is. If it was LIV branded clothing, that would be a whole other thing.

I actually think GN’s Shark brand would be well known amongst the older generation as he was World number one for 5ish years, agreed with the wearing of the Liv branding at a pga tour event definitely poor form…

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

5 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I actually think GN’s Shark brand would be well known amongst the older generation as he was World number one for 5ish years, agreed with the wearing of the Liv branding at a pga tour event definitely poor form…

Years ago even B4 I took up the game I was  a GN fan.  At a PGA Tournament that I volunteered at I saw the real GN, he is a different person when the camera is off.  Unfortunately I still have GN clothing.  If I wasn’t so cheap and they weren’t so well  made I’d give them to Goodwill.  
BTW Phil at Tournaments was the same guy with or without the cameras rolling.  He signed everything put in front of him with a smile and a friendly word.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

brandon grace injury at bangkok is one of the big reasons a pro should take liv money up front ,, in my 50 years of golfing i have seen  many people getting hurt , 10-20 mil or more  sure helps reduce the pain , in the old days players would swing normal . now they are all swing at least 20% above normal . 

Edited by shootmyage

3 hours ago, shootmyage said:

brandon grace injury at bangkok is one of the big reasons a pro should take liv money up front ,, in my 50 years of golfing i have seen  many people getting hurt , 10-20 mil or more  sure helps reduce the pain , in the old days players would swing normal . now they are all swing at least 20% above normal . 

image.png

I think he was doing pretty well for himself. Plus the PGA has an amazing pension program as well as protection for when players get injured. Just saying. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

24 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

I think he was doing pretty well for himself. Plus the PGA has an amazing pension program as well as protection for when players get injured. Just saying. 

24 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

yes , i have read that , i would think that a pga player removed from the pga going to liv would still have a pga pension .

Edited by shootmyage

... We live in a free Capitalist society. There are many that put money above all else and choose a career for that reason. Others choose a career that provides service to others and barely make a living wage. Most I think, try and balance them both. There are no laws that stop a Venture Capitalist from gutting a company that provides good jobs for their employees, and then selling the company for a huge profit while putting the working employees out of work. Some would regard these people with disdain while some others applaud them for their strategic wealth. LIV is a good example of offering more money than any golfer could ever need to the detriment of established tours and some grabbed the brass gold ring.

... The bottom line is take the money and STFU. Be rich beyond your wildest dreams, especially those past their prime but skip the "poor me" routine because losing out on Majors was one of the costs. They all knew it going in even if some wanted to wallow in denial. Enjoy your L*O*U*D*E*R events, your private jets, your team bonus, your up front cash and your no cut tournaments but skip the lawsuits, skip the OWGR points and skip the spend more time with your family disingenuous comments while attempting to play an Asian tour event in Thailand. They took the obscene money and while some may not like their decision I doubt anyone can fault them for doing so. But as always don't pi$$ on our legs and tell us it is raining. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

20 minutes ago, chisag said:

... We live in a free Capitalist society. There are many that put money above all else and choose a career for that reason. Others choose a career that provides service to others and barely make a living wage. Most I think, try and balance them both. There are no laws that stop a Venture Capitalist from gutting a company that provides good jobs for their employees, and then selling the company for a huge profit while putting har working employees out of work. Some would regard these people with disdain while some others applaud them fir their strategic wealth. LIV is a good example of offering more money than any golfer could ever need to the detriment of established tours and some grabbed the brass gold ring.

... The bottom line is take the money and STFU. Be rich beyond your wildest dreams, especially those past their prime but skip the "poor me" routine because losing out on Majors was the cost. They all knew it going in even if some wanted to wallow in denial. Enjoy your private jets, your team bonus, your up front cash and your no cut tournaments but skip the lawsuits, skip the OWGR points and skip the spend more time with my family disingenuous comments while attempting to play an Asian tour event in Thailand. They took the obscene money and while some may not like your decision I doubt anyone can fault them for doing so. But as always don't pi$$ on our legs and tell us it is raining. 

This is pretty much what me and my friends think. They offend us with the poor me routine.....Just go away.

17 hours ago, cleve981 said:

This is pretty much what me and my friends think. They offend us with the poor me routine.....Just go away.

+1000. They want their cake and everyone else’s…

Can PGA players compete in LIV events if they want? Maybe Rory, JT, Rahm, Cantlay and a couple others should play three LIV events (max waivers allowed) every year just for the cash…

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

17 hours ago, Middler said:

+1000. They want their cake and everyone else’s…

Can PGA players compete in LIV events if they want? Maybe Rory, JT, Rahm, Cantlay and a couple others should play three LIV events (max waivers allowed) every year just for the cash…

I know you are saying this in a combative nature but I think that would be awesome if they did. The team aspect would take some figuring but it could be cool to have a guest team of ringers come and go. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

On 10/8/2022 at 3:03 PM, chisag said:

... We live in a free Capitalist society. There are many that put money above all else and choose a career for that reason. Others choose a career that provides service to others and barely make a living wage. Most I think, try and balance them both. There are no laws that stop a Venture Capitalist from gutting a company that provides good jobs for their employees, and then selling the company for a huge profit while putting the working employees out of work. Some would regard these people with disdain while some others applaud them for their strategic wealth. LIV is a good example of offering more money than any golfer could ever need to the detriment of established tours and some grabbed the brass gold ring.

... The bottom line is take the money and STFU. Be rich beyond your wildest dreams, especially those past their prime but skip the "poor me" routine because losing out on Majors was one of the costs. They all knew it going in even if some wanted to wallow in denial. Enjoy your L*O*U*D*E*R events, your private jets, your team bonus, your up front cash and your no cut tournaments but skip the lawsuits, skip the OWGR points and skip the spend more time with your family disingenuous comments while attempting to play an Asian tour event in Thailand. They took the obscene money and while some may not like their decision I doubt anyone can fault them for doing so. But as always don't pi$$ on our legs and tell us it is raining. 

Kinda like my Granny used to say. "You can not have your cake and eat it too"  The PGAT announced up front what the conditions were or penalities would be. Those guys chose their way full aware of what their sacrifices would be. Personally if I had taken the money and knowing the conditions I would have clammed up played to my obligations and STFU. Personally I was raised with scruples and loyality and despite the money I would have stuck with the PGAT. But that is just me. As far as I am concerned I could give 2 hoots less what someone else wants to do. That is their life and their decision. What angers me is the fact now that they have taken the money they now want the OWGR points etc.

I will add this and bear with me. I like HV III and I had no problem with him switching over. I know his Dad and saw him when he was like 12 years old. I know where they came from basically poor hard working folks from Gastonia NC. HV III is a good player but in reality I can not see him makeing Superstar status on the PGAT. As soon as he started making money on the PGAT he set up a foundation to help others. He stated flat out the LIV money was to help his foundation and to help solidify the future of all of the Varner family. I see nothing at all wrong with that knowing his background. And you do not see or hear of him clammoring to get into DP events for OWGR rankings either. He made his stand told the truth up front and plays and stays silent. I admire him for that. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

15 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

I know you are saying this in a combative nature but I think that would be awesome if they did. The team aspect would take some figuring but it could be cool to have a guest team of ringers come and go. 

It would be interesting on face value. But the PGAT and DP World Tour would never permit that to happen. And the "ringers" that you mentioned are so anti LIV that they would not even consider stepping that way for any amount of money. But I will give you this it would be intriging

G

On 10/6/2022 at 4:40 PM, PeterHenric said:

If someone has been around golf much they know the Shark logo. I never liked Norman period. I did have one Shark shirt that I got at Goodwill. I burned it about a month ago. Only reason I got it to begin with is because I am a big guy and clothes that fit are hard to find. But I have enough shirts so that did not effect me. I wore it a few times and it cost me $3 so it was worth the burn for me. I also had a rare Spalding Shark wedge I had nothing in. I gave it to a fellow Spalding collector in the Midwest for postage. I did not want it any longer in my shop. Not that I am again really out of anything. That collector and I have done business over the years and he will eventually send me something whether it is Macgregor Spalding or Hogan

Edited by BIG STU

G

Is it just me or is the LIV noise dying down a fair bit? There was an event this week and I didn't even know or hear anything about  it till I had a google article which talked about the viewing numbers and such. I understand and like that LIV is a global tour (one of the few things I do like) I appreciate them going to different countries and areas of the world, however the viewership numbers are awful... They weren't great to begin with in the US and now they went across the world and are in bad viewing times and as expected dropped drastically. That has got to be a worry for the longevity of the tour as they may have unlimited funds to back all of this, but they still need people to get invested and watch in order for it to be viable yes?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

19 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Is it just me or is the LIV noise dying down a fair bit? There was an event this week and I didn't even know or hear anything about  it till I had a google article which talked about the viewing numbers and such. I understand and like that LIV is a global tour (one of the few things I do like) I appreciate them going to different countries and areas of the world, however the viewership numbers are awful... They weren't great to begin with in the US and now they went across the world and are in bad viewing times and as expected dropped drastically. That has got to be a worry for the longevity of the tour as they may have unlimited funds to back all of this, but they still need people to get invested and watch in order for it to be viable yes?

Won by a rookie who skipped college golf this season... won $4M.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”