Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

36 minutes ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

A very good morning indeed! Celebrating my birthday today and it is the first one with the little guy as part of our family, very special. Since I was laid off 2 months ago, I have spent a lot of time with him and it is one of the greatest blessings I have ever received as time is not something we can ever get back!

Headed to go play a round of simulator golf this morning with some friends and the. Really hoping for a Ducks win tonight to seal the deal.

Hope everyone has a great day! 

Happy Birthday!  The game is one I have very little interest in; it's anybody but the Ducks or the Huskies.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

14 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

and the 7 year old was awake at 430 PST. 

Well, it is nice to know I still have something in common with a 7 year old.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

45 minutes ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

A very good morning indeed! Celebrating my birthday today and it is the first one with the little guy as part of our family, very special. Since I was laid off 2 months ago, I have spent a lot of time with him and it is one of the greatest blessings I have ever received as time is not something we can ever get back!

Headed to go play a round of simulator golf this morning with some friends and the. Really hoping for a Ducks win tonight to seal the deal.

Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your year and your family!! 

committed to performance excellence

23 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Good Morning everyone!  Up at 4:30 but not because I'm excited.  Yesterday during my stretches my right knee gave out... very painful!!  Doesn't look like I will make it until next fall for my replacement.  It wasn't bothering me until the cold weather set in, but now it aches all the time; kept me up most of the night.  I'm calling the doc later for an evaluation; hate to do it now before our winter trip to Palm Springs and miss golf.  

We got our first snowfall last night, but won't last too long.  Warmer air is coming along with rain.  Have a fantastic Friday and hopefully golf this weekend weather permitting.

Wow, that sucks!! Probably a good time to get it done though so you sweaty for spring and summer golf 

committed to performance excellence

48 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Good Morning everyone!  Up at 4:30 but not because I'm excited.  Yesterday during my stretches my right knee gave out... very painful!!  Doesn't look like I will make it until next fall for my replacement.  It wasn't bothering me until the cold weather set in, but now it aches all the time; kept me up most of the night.  I'm calling the doc later for an evaluation; hate to do it now before our winter trip to Palm Springs and miss golf.  

We got our first snowfall last night, but won't last too long.  Warmer air is coming along with rain.  Have a fantastic Friday and hopefully golf this weekend weather permitting.

Kenny, you are one of the mature ones on here.. Do what you gotta do. We need players with class like you on the golf course to balance out the likes of me. 

6 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Kenny, you are one of the mature ones on here.. Do what you gotta do. We need players with class like you on the golf course to balance out the likes of me. 

LOL!!  Old, but not mature!  I'm not sure it would be wise to have us both together on a course.

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Happy Birthday!  The game is one I have very little interest in; it's anybody but the Ducks or the Huskies.

GO DUCKS!!!

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Good Morning to you and TGIF to all the Monday-Friday crowd!!

So really interesting call with the Doctor Of Speed yesterday .. even though I'm not into speed training (yet?).

Was gonna ask a question very similar to @Jnoble89 .. e.g. if you're a bogey golfer working on improving your swing mechanics is it better to continue that before getting into speed training? Dr Mackenzie seems to think you can do both at the same time...

Well off to finish my coffee, work on word games and small cleanup stuff around the house .. then maybe a few minutes of "dry"/no golf ball swings and other important retired guy things like that 😉😂

Whatever you do, have a good one today!!

For me with being in the midwest and you up farther north and our limited seasons for golfing.  I always find the first couple weeks starting back up in league in spring that my swing hasnt really gotten worse, but the for lack of a better word muscle tone on those specific ones used in my swing have definitely lost something over the break.  Im hitting much farther at the mid / end of year than the beginning.

If anything hoping itll keep me in playingish muscle tone.

Edited by skraeling

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

2 hours ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

Happy Birthday!  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Morning All!

Have a great Friday out there. Go get this day and ride it into the weekend!! Woooo

Current WITB:

Driver:   default_benhogan-small.gif.bd4aea80f46a0fd64e2b8412d1ee19dc.gif Big Ben CS3 9.5deg Aldila NV-h 70-R

Fairway: Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png KE4 3W w/KE4 75-R

Irons Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png MMB Forged 3-PW w/TT Dynamic Gold Lite

Wedges:  Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png56 Deg, 60 Deg

Putter:   Sub70.png Sycamore 008 Mallet

Preferred Balls: Titleist ProV1

56 minutes ago, Preeway said:

GO DUCKS!!!

Amen! IMG_7101.gif.b8b10aaa2fb4aaa2ccc406b12d9329d0.gif

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Yesterday during my stretches my right knee gave out... very painful!!  Doesn't look like I will make it until next fall for my replacement.

Maybe look into temporary fixes until you're ready to head into surgery + the time for rehab..??

I had PRP on my hip and it kept me going for like 10 months until replacement. Or, maybe a scoping procedure prior to replacement could help keep you going? Also, I've spoken with people who've had some luck with the gel injections.

1 hour ago, MattWillGolf said:

Our 14 year old dog had a seizure at 2:15 this morning. It last a few minutes and then when he comes out of them he is very disoriented. It was over an hour before he was able to settle down. He seems to be back to his old self this morning but a bit on the tired side.

omg I was already sad today .. it's 2 weeks today since we sent one pooch and it's also 2 years today since we had to send the other guy over that proverbial rainbow bridge...

I feel for you man - keep the love .. and treats!! .. flowing and keep him comfortable...... 😢

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

2 minutes ago, jbern said:

Good morning! I took the day off in hopes of a little slower morning, but it couldn’t be more of the opposite. Been dropping kids off at school and then a Dr. appointment and I’ve been to two home improvement stores, two grocery stores, a water softener salt supplier and now I’m in a kohls parking lot waiting on SWMBO. It’s also been raining nonstop! 😆

Unless you take time off to leave the area, a day off just means take time off to do things and not to relax.  😂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

22 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Maybe look into temporary fixes until you're ready to head into surgery + the time for rehab..??

I had PRP on my hip and it kept me going for like 10 months until replacement. Or, maybe a scoping procedure prior to replacement could help keep you going? Also, I've spoken with people who've had some luck with the gel injections.

I'm going to check on that.  I went to the ortho doc a year ago, and they said it needed replacement.  I had mild pain then, but I was fine during the warm summer weather.  It's hurt more since it turned cold, and yesterday while doing my stretches, IT REALLY HURT!  Now it aches even when not moving it.  I'd like to put it off at least until after the golf trip.  I'd hate to spend the trip riding with my wife watching her play golf.  🥴

It REALLY started snowing an hour ago.  Big flakes... we usually just get powder.  I don't think the course will have a weather delay today.  🤣  The good news is that it's supposed to be 52º tomorrow so I'm not going to shovel the driveway.

IMG_1913.jpeg.a31a2f8e9b455a4da073b42d3e75932c.jpeg

1 hour ago, Javs said:

On my way to go hog hunting for the weekend. Everyone have a great weekend!

Good luck!  The little 20-40lb are the best tasting and perfect for a buried roast.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter