The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

15 hours ago, chisag said:

Took me 40 years to figure out I could just move from Chicago to Phoenix.

Would love to follow suit at some point for the winters. I love Chicago but I'm freezing my a$$ off up here!

Current WITB:

Bag: image_2024-02-27_104948566.png.b92168231016d467eb3d016dba2075b9.png MV2 Golf Bag

Driver:  image.png G425 Max 9.0º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Blue Velocore 6S

Fairway: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR2 3 wood 15º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Red Velocore 7S

Driving Iron: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png U505 2-iron, Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85S 

Irons: image.png.b5950bd367d637859d211fef578a14af.png MP-54 (4-P), Project X 6.0S

Wedges: TM23WDG-MG4-Stacked-Color-OnLight-v1-1024x410.png.ac724a75349db558663486b0cf600638.png 50.09 SB, 54.11 SB, 58.11 SB

Putter: default_odyssey-small.jpg.a7dc06ee6fc9b8df09953a46df717684.jpg Ai-ONE Jailbird Mini DB 35"

Ball:  Maxfli_new(1).png.543c09044d6b6e8a80c748512567d803.png Tour X

1 hour ago, Berg Ryman said:

.. we're looking at a 1500 dollar plus day... woooooo

Ouch. But hey there's always private practice where an unscrupulous shyster could make that in like THREE HOURS 😆

But seriously the trip will be way worth it!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

7 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

If I did that, I'd be sleeping in the man cave with the simulator, pool table and beer fridge.  I think I have to try this when the opportunity presents itself. Win Win. 

My MAN… Demonstrable visual ineptitude has been my main go to in my plausible deniability of not being much help here in the “ Dark Kingdom “ 

2 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

My MAN… Demonstrable visual ineptitude has been my main go to in my plausible deniability of not being much help here in the “ Dark Kingdom “ 

Well said!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

2 hours ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

I was always colder in North Dakota and Montana than I ever was in Alaska… But then again, I was in southern Alaska and was much, much younger.. My memory like the rest of me is faltering,  cannot remember if this was before or after the United States had purchased Alaska from the Russians. 🥴😏😉…But yeah, not exactly that thrilled about cold weather. 

I spent 16 years working in the Arctic oilfields of Alaska, and I have been outside working in 58* below zero Fahrenheit ambient temperature and no wind. Wire insulation explodes off the copper at that cold when you try to straighten the wire. I have also had the unmitigated joy of working out in 137* above zero in the natural gas fields of central Algeria in the heart of the Sahara desert. Of the two?? I'll take the hot any day of the week!  

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

2 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

Good morning Spies,

Woke up to bright sunshine and 18 degrees in Central NY. We didn’t get any snow. Thinking about @EasyPutter and what he had to contend with. Yesterday afternoon my phone alarmed with Public Safety Alert on a travel ban on I-90 from Rochester west to Pennsylvania. 
Wishing @sirchunksalot and his good lady a most happy anniversary! 🎉

While my lovely wife is enjoying snowshoeing in Wyoming. I made a family favorite, lasagna and both of my brothers in law over dinner and to watch some football yesterday.

IMG_2675.jpeg.bded4e6c779c4e364feda30313693525.jpeg

I was shocked by how Dallas played. “How about dem Cowboys!” Our niece married into a Packers family. There was much rejoicing there. They went Lambeau Field for a game this year.

Wishing all a wonderful day!

I'd hit that.

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

19 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I moved from NY (Long Island) up to CT and lasted 8 years before I figured out that I was going the wrong way. Then to TN for 16 years and now in NC where it is 60 degrees and sunny. Why am I not golfing? I'm actually working can't you tell 🤣 

You got out at the right time, it's 30 and snowing here right now. Don't know what is doing up where you lived right now but if I were a gambling man, I would say it's probably worse.

12 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

... Ahhhh walking the fine line. It is the goal of course but much more difficult than displaying obvious ineptitude. And of course sometimes the implementation takes more energy than just completing the task. My obvious pillow case topping photo would be met by "real funny" maybe a slight smile and then the look. As all of us that have ever been married know the look is to be avoided at all cost. The look is always the final word in any circumstance and in this case (pun intended) perhaps putting the pillow case on a little askew is the correct play. Avoiding perfect is an absolute must while chasing the Holy Grail of "good enough". 

... Sure we don't go through child birth yet being a husband takes a ton of work to just be "good enough" without over achieving. But hey it's a fine balance and mistakes are gonna happen.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Ahhhh walking the fine line. It is the goal of course but much more difficult than displaying obvious ineptitude. And of course sometimes the implementation takes more energy than just completing the task. My obvious pillow case topping photo would be met by "real funny" maybe a slight smile and then the look. As all of us that have ever been married know the look is to be avoided at all cost. The look is always the final word in any circumstance and in this case (pun intended) perhaps putting the pillow case on a little askew is the correct play. Avoiding perfect is an absolute must while chasing the Holy Grail of "good enough". 

... Sure we don't go through child birth yet being a husband takes a ton of work to just be "good enough" without over achieving. But hey it's a fine balance and mistakes are gonna happen.  

Well said, well said indeed. Husbands need to be a “ PROTECTED CLASS “ as we are all endangered to at least some degree. 

Good Day Spies!  Happy Monday! 

Special Ranger duties this morning.  Worked a Ladies tournament this morning. Overcast and intermittent drizzle rain, then suddenly this thing popped out between the clouds and brightened up the skies. Somebody called it the sun! 🤣🤣

No golf today, some regular job work to get done for Holiday Monday, Martin Luther King Day. 

I'll never complain about 58 degree fahrenheit weather, after reading @EnderinAZ & @taylorjonasher posts!  
Thank you for your service @taylorjonasher 🇺🇸!

Have a Great Day Everyone! Stay Warm & Hit'em straight! ⛳

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

38 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

16 minutes ago, chisag said:

I don't get to do laundry anymore after I put a pink cotton t-shirt in with white underwear.  I wonder how that happened?  🤔

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

You got out at the right time, it's 30 and snowing here right now. Don't know what is doing up where you lived right now but if I were a gambling man, I would say it's probably worse.

Bro here is 14 and snow comming around 2pm and the following days do not look very promissing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, EnderinAZ said:

I spent 16 years working in the Arctic oilfields of Alaska, and I have been outside working in 58* below zero Fahrenheit ambient temperature and no wind. Wire insulation explodes off the copper at that cold when you try to straighten the wire. I have also had the unmitigated joy of working out in 137* above zero in the natural gas fields of central Algeria in the heart of the Sahara desert. Of the two?? I'll take the hot any day of the week!  

Wow!! It was only 127º when I was on the golf course in Death Valley in July!!  🥵

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, Luisddavila said:

Bro here is 14 and snow comming around 2pm and the following days do not look very promissing emoji3063.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The polar vortex ends in much of the Great White North later today…. Yay!

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User

1 hour ago, KC Golf said:

The polar vortex ends in much of the Great White North later today…. Yay!

It will take a couple more days before we see an end of it currently 19º and sunny which means with no cloud cover, it will be 5º again in the morning... and we are only a few hundred miles from you.  As it warms up, we will get snow tomorrow through Friday and then rain, but by then the temps will be slightly above freezing... so looking forward to it!!

6 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

I have been outside working in 58* below zero Fahrenheit ... also had the unmitigated joy of working out in 137* above zero

6 hours ago, taylorjonasher said:

Coldest I have ever seen was -37 a couple years ago here in Iowa, and the hottest is 127

Holy Wild Temperature Ranges, Golf Men!!

Looks like Mr Ender takes top prize with a 🥶 Lo-Hi 🥵 of .. 195 .. degrees!! Crazy!

Edited by cksurfdude

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

A buddy of mine lives in Dunlap and sent me photos of over 8 inches of snow and I can see where that might be a problem for him to get to work considering we're southerners and can't drive on the white stuff like my northern compatriots. 

Your northern compatriots cannot drive on it either.  The believe their big 4WD pickups and SUVs can go anywhere, which for the most part they can. What the can't do is stop anywhere!

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

11 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Good morning all and TGIM! (I had an old boss that used to say that at our 9AM weekly meetings)

As luck would have it this is actually my 5000th post here on MGS.

I'm so grateful to have found this community and now to be part of the forum staff too.  There really isn't a better forum on the internet and this thread alone is proof of that!

Looking forward to the next milestone and the continued growth of this community in our little corner of the internet here!

Cheers all!

That's awesome looking forward to the next 5000

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Looks like Mr Ender takes top prize with a 🥶 Lo-Hi 🥵 of .. 195 .. degrees!! Crazy!

He can take it!!! 

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

8 minutes ago, EnderinAZ said:

Your northern compatriots cannot drive on it either.  The believe their big 4WD pickups and SUVs can go anywhere, which for the most part they can. What the can't do is stop anywhere!

Funny story. Back in 2014 I was living in Birchwood TN and we had a snow storm that dropped about 7 inches of snow and since my job doesn't cancel often, I had to go in on day shift. (We were working swings at the time). 

I had a 2004 Ford F-150 that had blown the engine a couple of months before and I had to lease a car from work becausei couldn't afford to get the money to fix it since I was trying to buy a house. The car I leased was a VW Beetle convertible and I made it to work after passing by at least 7 4x4's. 

Granted, my driving would have made my grandmother proud, I don't think I got above 25 mph, but I made it. 

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Don't hold your breath. 60⁰ today and tomorrow Herr. Then 20⁰ nights for the nex week!  Ugh

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.