Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

@Javs My son and I visited Windsor Castle in 2016 as part of a day-long bus tour that also included Oxford University and Stonehenge. I must say you got pics from some places at the castle we didn't visit, perhaps because of time. It was an awesome day though. We got to go inside the ropes at Stonehenge, which most people don't get to do, but staff was watching us like a hawk to make sure we didn't touch any of the stones. But we were real close... (Yes I'm the short one. I had bought that hoodie two hours before in Oxford and was glad I did; it was COLD out on that plain in April. Son was just fine in his T-shirt.)

stonehenge.jpg

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

56 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Top of the pot spies 🕵️‍♂️☕.  Another morning in the low 70's... feels great! Not much planned today so I'll likely spend some time at the practice area with the shag bag and putter. My last three rounds were 73, 75, and 77. More accurate target line on those chips is a must have.

I'll probably also spin a couple of the "replaced" LP's I just acquired via eBay while my wife is out at the stores. Aja, Rumors, and Hotel California sound better played at room filling volume level 😊. It's fun playing vinyl... takes me back to some of the most memorable times in my life.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Love to hear posts from another vinyl lover!

Titleist TSR2 9°, Ping Anser 5 wood,Callaway Warbird 9 wood, Ping G25 Irons 4-UW,Ping Glide 58°ES, Seemore mFPG Nashville Studio

Happy last day of summer all!

Up on the sunrise side of michigan enjoying some rest and relaxation.   Dogs got a morning walk/ swim in

If the stars align, 9 holes will follow some beaching

20240921_102523.jpg.5c34b49561a57cdf3c0e3beb465b93b9.jpg

IMG_20240921_115053.jpg.d13e7362dc9c75955ee65b6eae7b3c6d.jpg

Edited by ZJeb67
Freighter

Driver - Stix Compete
7W - :ping-small: G5
9W - :callaway-small: Big Bertha War Bird
5H/SW - :callaway-small:Edge 
6H - :ping-small: G15
5-PW - :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56 - Kirkland Signature 
Putter - :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

Good morning, y’all, and I hope all is well.

No golf today as my home course has an outing and a wedding today.  I hope the two are related because the usual setting for an outdoor wedding overlooks the 9th hole and I’d hate be getting married while some yahoo was missing a 2’ putt to win the front nine.

Up and out early to do grocery shopping.  Foggy, foggy morning.  It has been a while since I last bought a car (mine is a 2012 Ford and my wife’s is a 2018 Toyota).  Don’t most (all?) manufacturers have some form of daytime running lights as standard equipment these days?  The set-it and forget-it kind?  I just don’t understand people driving without them on in foggy conditions especially if they have a white or siver vehicle.  And don’t get me started on turn signals or I’ll end up in full-blown get off my lawn mode.

We are really behind in rainfall in this part of Michigan — 1”+ for September alone and 3”+ since August.  I worry about color changes in the trees.  The maple trees in my front yard are skipping color and going straight to curled up and dried out as they fall.  While I may curse the piles of leaves on the course that are part of Fall golf, I also miss the beauty of the colors.

Have a great weekend !

Edited by tdc1
Typo

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

14 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

I can definitely relate. My shoulder has been screwed up for probably 20 years, and caused me to quit the game for a long time, but Rypstick and Fit For Golf have made it worse. Getting an MRI in a few days to see exactly what's wrong.

Funny thing is, my shoulder hurts worse now than it did when I quit golf. No thoughts of quitting now. And playing doesn't actually hurt. But sleeping on it hurts a lot.

Sounds like my shoulder. 2 surgeries and stem cells injected into the rotator to make the ends of the supraspinata tendon, that has torn completely off after being repaired in 2007, heal and bring the pain/inflammation down . Then the bicycle crash and rebuild...

The only way I can play now is to clamp my right arm to my chest, use a super strong grip and use elbow and my wrists for snap. I cannot turn my hands and arm over to finish the swing. Well I can, but after three shots with a driver it is time to go home, find a dark place and whimper like a lonely puppy for the rest of the day.

I also use a rypstick, Lagshot driver, and orange whip for strength and speed training. I am sure you have found out there is a fine line between proper training and over trained pain. 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

Good morning spies! Today starts the official break down of our little camp spot in the mountains. Yesterday was the unofficial start. One of our neighbors came over and told us there are packrats and field mice that winter inside the trailers and motorhomes that are not properly staged for winter. I never understood why people spread out white and blue rope lights under their RV's. Now I do. The packrats/mice don't like the lights.  So a trip to Home Depot and now the underside of my trailer is lit up like the Diamondbacks ball field when they have the lights on.  Used spray foam insulation to fill in around the sewer lines and the undercarriage cover will cover those with Gorilla tape. Then it is time to break down the canopy, put the bikes away while the wife defrosts the fridge. 

Tomorrow before we leave we put a cover on ,and blow the water out of the water lines, and winterize the tanks. 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos: