Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

Mizuno shaft explained

I just received my order  from mizuno  after waiting for 6 weeks. 

I   Ordered  923 Hot metal pro 6 and 7 irons /nspro 950neo s flex recieved both clubs with the wrong grip

So to avoided hassle I Decided  to rerip  with the right grip I bought.
After removed the wrong grip to found out MIZUNO put a tapered 38.5”(supposedly for 3 iron)

on 6 iron 

and 38.0” (supposedly for 4 iron ) on 7 iron

There are a length number 38.0 and 38.5 Stamped  on shaft butt

So I google about taper shaft . Said they are not suppose to tip trim. If so They will become stiffer ( hard stepping)

I’ don’t know how mizuno chooses a shaft to built these club.
 Any suggestions?

Than you.

Edited by Ikki

I think time to get in contact with your dealer or whoever you ordered them from and look to get the proper wedges and discuss what impacts the shafts may have. 

Unfortunately with custom orders sometimes it's hard for returns so not sure much will be done with the 6 or 7 iron, but the wedges should be sorted asap.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

7 hours ago, Ikki said:

I just received my order  from mizuno  after waiting for 6 weeks. 
They are all messed up.

Yes, it is frustrating that you ordered something, waited for it to arrive, and then discover it is wrong, but I don’t understand why you started by posting on a golf forum.  When I have a problem with something I ordered, I go back to the place I ordered them from to get an understanding on what happened and get it corrected.   If they do or don’t resolve your issue then it would be the time to post on social media platforms about how good or bad their service was.   The wedges are probably just human error.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Mizuno has seemed to be going through a tough time on orders. I got a 923 JPX Tour 4 iron ordered to join my 921s. It took 8-9 weeks to receive them. When it came in, it came with a midsize GP Tour Velvet instead of the standard Z Grips I have on everything else. I don't mind it, but bothers me moreso that it's different. My shaft and build seems to be correct at least.

Ping G410 9° @ 7.5°

Ping G425 3 Wood

Ping Crossover 3 Iron

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 4 Iron, JPX 921 Tour 5-GW

Vokey SM8 56° & 60°

Wilson "The L" Putter

52 minutes ago, Matty 3-Putts said:

Mizuno has seemed to be going through a tough time on orders. I got a 923 JPX Tour 4 iron ordered to join my 921s. It took 8-9 weeks to receive them. When it came in, it came with a midsize GP Tour Velvet instead of the standard Z Grips I have on everything else. I don't mind it, but bothers me moreso that it's different. My shaft and build seems to be correct at least.

Would second this. A buddy of mine ordered t22s back in like April (51/55/59 lofts) and when he got them not only did they have the wrong grips but it took them 3 months and the clubs weren’t even the right length. He ended up getting a refund and going with vokeys. I have had no issue (just got mizuno irons myself) just I’m seeing more issues lately from online posts. They may have developed some quality control issues.

Mizuno components are manufactured in Japan but the final assembly is done in Georgia,  USA. I hope Mizuno hears about the complaints and moves their assembly to a place where the employees care about keeping their jobs. 

What's in the bag.

•  Driver: Titleist TSi3 10° Mitsubishi Tensei AV SFW 55g S Flex.
  • 3W and 5W: Callaway GBB 15° and 18° Mitsubishi Kuro Kage TiNi 50g R Flex.
  • 7W: Cobra LTDx 22.5° HZRDUS Smoke iM10 60g S Flex.
  • Irons: Titleist 718 CB 3-PW. 2° flat. True Temper AMT Tour White S300.
  • Wedges: Mizuno S23 2° flat. 52° and 58°. Dynamic Gold stiff.
  • Putter: Mizuno M Craft II. Cut to 33" with 13g heel and toe weights.
  • Ball: Titleist AVX.

Update I got an answered from mizuno
(Mizuno USA [Consumer Support]) 

Aug 8, 2023, 12:18 PM EDT 

Good afternoon, 

Thanks for contacting Mizuno USA. The two shafts that you are seeing are correct for the 6 and 7 iron. We are able to order extended shafts to ensure that we fulfill all custom length requests. These extended length shafts do not impact stepping and shaft performance in any way as the length is added in the butt section. The shafts that Nippon mentioned to you are their standard lengths and not the same as we are able to order as an OEM. Hope this helps!

( The picture 6 iron compare with  a new uncut 38.5 tapered shaft)

IMG_1677.jpeg

IMG_1678.jpeg

Edited by Ikki
  • Ikki changed the title to Mizuno shaft explained