Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2024 Season Goals - What Say You?

Message added by GolfSpy_KFT,

Add your 2024 Season goals to the Google Doc at the link below or comment them in the thread! I am happy to add them for you if you'd like some assistance.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FhZsoENzc0erToshJ28h6e_OYPOfluHHbc3Ac1mV6n0/edit#gid=0

Good thread!

My primary goal for 2024 is to be more consistent! I finished this season as a 6.8 hdcp so the definition of consistent might seem odd. While I regularly break 80, I continue to have rounds seemingly out of nowhere that score in the 85 range. Usually there is some penalty or penalties involved or one aspect of the game is completely gone that particular round.

For a working stiff, practicing can be difficult, especially with family, kids, all other responsibilities, but I'd also like to reduce my handicap to 5 or less.

Finally, my youngest (14) has taken an interest in the game, this season we played together maybe twice a month - he's involved in many extracurricular activities, but I'm hoping to find a way to play golf with him once a week.

Brian

Driver: Titleist TSR3 9* | H2 track setting | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

3 wood: Titleist TSi3 15* | T track setting | B4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7X

5 wood: Titleist TSR2 18* | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8S

Hybrid: Titleist TSR2 21* | B1 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9X

Irons: Titleist T100 Black | 5-P | True Temper AMT Tour White X100

Wedges: Vokey SM9 Jet Black | 50.08F, 54.12D, 58.08M | True Temper AMT Tour White S300

Putter: Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Button Back Newport 2.5+

1 hour ago, BLD7 said:

Good thread!

My primary goal for 2024 is to be more consistent! I finished this season as a 6.8 hdcp so the definition of consistent might seem odd. While I regularly break 80, I continue to have rounds seemingly out of nowhere that score in the 85 range. Usually there is some penalty or penalties involved or one aspect of the game is completely gone that particular round.

For a working stiff, practicing can be difficult, especially with family, kids, all other responsibilities, but I'd also like to reduce my handicap to 5 or less.

Finally, my youngest (14) has taken an interest in the game, this season we played together maybe twice a month - he's involved in many extracurricular activities, but I'm hoping to find a way to play golf with him once a week.

Brian

Welcome to the forum @BLD7! Always happy to see another member of the #Leftygang 💪🏻

I know well where you’re coming from on the aspect of finding time for practice, with two kiddos (6 & 3) myself. Both of them are already interested in the game and as we live on the course, they went out with me many times this year to play a few holes here and there in the evenings. Nothing better than getting to share the love of the game with family.

Sounds like you had a great year finishing in the single digit hdcp range!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Great thread. Maybe writing down what is in my head will actually help it happen! 

Goal One - use winter to stretch more and do indoor exercise so I can hit ground running in April

Goal Two - see my pro a few times in late winter to work on hitting better iron shots, lose too many strokes with so so mid irons

Goal Three - hopefully goals one and two allow me to break into seventies a bit more often.

Good luck to everyone in reaching their goals, am sure we will all be 100% 🙂

My goals next year are the same as this year, mostly. 

1. Get up in the morning (I'm 71, my dad is 94 so not really a worry there!)

2. Play golf

3. Have fun.

4. Add a pitch shot to my short game. 

This was a very good year. Shot 67, ok sure- moved up a tee but still... Became an MGS tester. Helped my wife whose handicap is coming down. Through hard work and a lot of repetition, fixed my putting yips.

Anything more than that will have to wait until January 1. I am one of the few who can play all year around so have another couple of months for more cool things to happen on the course. Will have to pitch most of next month instead of chipping because the course will be shaggy while the rye grass is allowed to grow.

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

13 hours ago, BLD7 said:

Good thread!

Brian

Brian, welcome to the forum. Alway great to see another Michigander on the threads. I hope you get as much out of it as I have. Please do continue with input. It is appreciated. Welcome.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

I have been thinking about this recently and even though my season doesn't really end, I am going to put my 2024 goals in writing and be able to come back to this and see what happened.

2024 Goals

1. Fix the driver yips

2. Handicap of 4 or less

3. Shoot under 70 (have shot 70 once years ago)

4. Play in a couple local tournaments 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

On 10/27/2023 at 7:47 AM, Jnoble89 said:

Welcome to the forum @BLD7! Always happy to see another member of the #Leftygang 💪🏻

I know well where you’re coming from on the aspect of finding time for practice, with two kiddos (6 & 3) myself. Both of them are already interested in the game and as we live on the course, they went out with me many times this year to play a few holes here and there in the evenings. Nothing better than getting to share the love of the game with family.

Sounds like you had a great year finishing in the single digit hdcp range!

Real happy to be here @Jnoble89 I don't live on a course and am not a member of a club so I've learned to get creative with practice. Whether that be the putting mat at the house (one in my office and another putting area in the yard) or finding local spots where I can get on a sim, I try to get practice in when/where I can and make it count when I do. Certainly love being able to include the family in golf! And yes love being able to represent the lefty's. I've been known to seek out other southpaw's at courses when I see them playing. I just come over introduce myself and say hi. Sometimes I get goofy looks, which is ok. I just tell em I wanted them to know there is another lefty on the course. Ha!

Driver: Titleist TSR3 9* | H2 track setting | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

3 wood: Titleist TSi3 15* | T track setting | B4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7X

5 wood: Titleist TSR2 18* | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8S

Hybrid: Titleist TSR2 21* | B1 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9X

Irons: Titleist T100 Black | 5-P | True Temper AMT Tour White X100

Wedges: Vokey SM9 Jet Black | 50.08F, 54.12D, 58.08M | True Temper AMT Tour White S300

Putter: Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Button Back Newport 2.5+

30 minutes ago, BLD7 said:

Real happy to be here @Jnoble89 I don't live on a course and am not a member of a club so I've learned to get creative with practice. Whether that be the putting mat at the house (one in my office and another putting area in the yard) or finding local spots where I can get on a sim, I try to get practice in when/where I can and make it count when I do. Certainly love being able to include the family in golf! And yes love being able to represent the lefty's. I've been known to seek out other southpaw's at courses when I see them playing. I just come over introduce myself and say hi. Sometimes I get goofy looks, which is ok. I just tell em I wanted them to know there is another lefty on the course. Ha!

If you ever find yourself over in Wisconsin for the 2024 season, reach out! I would love to play together. I may try and throw some feelers out for a one day spies meetup next season for our upper Midwest cohort of members as well. Nothing set in stone or concrete yet, but the idea has been floating around in my head!

#LeftyGang

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

My goals are similar to yours.

1. handicap of 4 or less.

2. Score in the 60s.  70 is personal best. Probably short game, green reading and reducing doubles related. 

3. play more golf.  Need to balance most wanted testing and some after work 9s.  This will probably help achieve 1 and 2. 

Yes!  

2024 Goals:  

1. Enjoy, enjoy no matter what.

2. Try to maintain my current handicap. I realize as I age I am loosing some yardage. I might need to move forward and that's OK.

3. Maintain my Fairways hit at 60%.

4. Increase my GIR to 50%+. This past season I was able to increase it to 44%.

5. Reduce 3-putts to no more than one per round.  Currently it is 1.5 I started late tracking. But it is one I want to work on.

Edited by Dweed

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

On 10/30/2023 at 6:46 PM, barney_bogey said:

Love it. Writing it down makes it real.

1. Increase FIR - requires attention to driver swing with a professional.

2. Decrease 3putts - requires greater percentage of practice time with the flat stick. Possibly a putter fitting?

3. Play more with my father. He's getting up there in age and regrets are ruthless.

B

@barney_bogey absolutely LOVE goal #3, man. "regrets are ruthless" is now a phrase that has been burned into my mind and will stay engrained there. I needed to see that today, thanks. 

#LeftyGang

1 hour ago, jdparker said:

@Ben Joest some good goals!  Need to do a mid point check in on everyone's goals.  

@jdparker great idea. I will create an excel file with everyone's goals for 2024 after a little while longer here and set a reminder to check in/revive this thread at the midpoint of next season in case it gets lost in the offseason shuffle. 

#LeftyGang

Just now, Jnoble89 said:

@jdparker great idea. I will create an excel file with everyone's goals for 2024 after a little while longer here and set a reminder to check in/revive this thread at the midpoint of next season in case it gets lost in the offseason shuffle. 

Love it!  Keep everyone motivated and pushing for their goals. 

Link to 2024 season goals:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FhZsoENzc0erToshJ28h6e_OYPOfluHHbc3Ac1mV6n0/edit?usp=sharing

For those who have not written them down yet in the thread, feel free to add them to the doc! We will revisit them at the midway point of 2024. This way, you can also add/update goals as the season progresses!

#LeftyGang

Just a super thread.  Thank you for this @Jnoble89!

My 2023 goals were:

1.  Break 80 -- Nope.  I have shot 80s and 81s, but my only sub-80 rounds have been combined 9 hole scores, and I am choosing not to count those.

2.  Single Digit Handicap -- Yes.  I am down to a 9.3 presently.  To be able to have this handicap, but not break 80, strikes me as incredibly odd.  But I will keep fighting.

3.  Play lots more golf -- YES!.  No question on this one.  This was a great golfing year, and I learned so very much, primarily thanks to MGS and this forum.  Thank you to all of you here for that.

2024 goals:

1.  Fairways hit 50% or better.

2.  GIR 50% or better.

3.  Break 75.

4.  Handicap at 5 or better.

5.  Stop tinkering with club choices.  Pick my clubs and learn to play them as best I can.

5.  Play at least as much golf as 2023!

I had the early winter blues already this morning, but with these goals set now, I am starting to already look forward to 2024!

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

My goals at this point do not change.  

Play as much golf as I can with my brothers, or whomever I can, try to shoot the lowest scores possible each and every time out, practice when I can, and at the end of the 18 holes, BE UTTERLY UNCONCERNED, WITH THE SCORE!

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

This is a really good thread, Jason and you've had me thinking about it for a while. I would say my goals for 2024 are:

Play more: my 2023 session has been a bust with the exception of being involved in the Cobra Anniversary Challenge. Having an injury that knocked me out afterward has honestly been a bummer. I was in the midst of playing some of the best golf I've played in a long time and missing out on the last 3 1/2 months has really hurt psychologically. 

Play more with friends: I was on a pretty good clip earlier in the season getting out and enjoying the game with friends and want to improve on that next year. I love playing solo golf, but there's something about having others out on the course with you is special. There's one guy at work who has just taken up laying again after a very long layoff that I'm dying to get out with. 

Play a few more new to me courses: This year I think the only course I played for the first time was Fall Creek Falls. I'm already thinking about how I want to finally play Nob North and a friend brought to my attention a course in Kodak called Island Point. They both look awesome.

I don't really have any scoring goals other than to continue to get back to the level I was in 2019 when I was sometimes scoring in the 90's.

On 10/26/2023 at 12:25 PM, Jnoble89 said:

For those of us living in the colder climates in the US, as well as globally where your season is not year round, the end of the 2023 golf season is rapidly approaching. I pose two questions to you: Did you accomplish your 2023 season goals? What are your 2024 season goals?

I'll start things off with my 2023 season goals:

• Goal #1: Break 90 - MET
  • Goal #2: End the season below a 20 HDCP - MET
  • Goal #3: Par every hole at my home course - In progress...so close!

I was able to accomplish goal #1 during the Cobra challenge, shooting an 88 on a Par 70 course where I played quite a few of my rounds. It was not my home course, but essentially a "home away from home" as I have played it many times with it being in close proximity to my in-laws cabin. I had never legitimately broken 100 before this year, so this was a MASSIVE accomplishment. I posted two other sub 90 rounds this year as well, but both were combined 9 hole scores of the front/back of my home course, so I put an asterisk on those. Still, a large accomplishment, with my most recent a combined score 81, shooting a 41 on the front 9 this week Monday and a 40 on the back 9 the following day.

I was also able to accomplish goal #2 just this week, dropping my handicap to a 16.1 following my combined round 81. A -2 exceptional score was added to the differential of that round, and all other rounds used to calculate my handicap currently. I am the most proud of this goal BY FAR, as I started this season as a 30.3 handicap. I have never carried an official handicap before this season.

For my third goal, I have carded a par on every hole except for hole #7. I will have potentially a few more chances to accomplish this one, but it is in danger of not being met. I am hoping to cross this one off as well, but if not, it is ok.

For 2024, my goals will closely mirror my 2023 season. The biggest challenge I will face in 2024 is the uncertainty of how much golf I will be able to play. The course where I have had a membership this year is increasing it's fees by 18%, and it is uncertain right now whether or not I'll be renewing my membership for 2024. If this is the case, posting scores and lowering my HDCP will be a challenge. I am working on possibly getting a part time job in the Pro Shop, which would come with a membership benefit, so that would be great.

• Goal #1: Consistently score in the 80s
    • I would REALLY like to break 80, and I believe I can, but that seems like possibly an overreaching goal for next year. If I can consistently score in the 80s next year, I would be thrilled with that. I know that I can do it, now I just need to get it done.
  • Goal #2: HDCP to 12-13
    • Again, this will be dependent on whether or not I am able to post enough scores to continue dropping my HDCP. When I was working on goals for next year, my target was 15. That is when I was at a 20. Now that I am at a 16.1, I am shooting for the 12-13 range as I know dropping it once you get lower becomes more difficult
  • Goal #3: Par every hole on my home course, birdie 50% or better

I could continue on with goals, but other things I want to work on are just that, continuing to develop my ball striking and swing consistencies. I will leave those off of this list for now.

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else is hoping to accomplish in 2024!

Congrats on your goals for 2023!! That's a HUGE handicap drop in one year, so it's nice to know it's possible going into next year as I want to drop mine. 🙂

I'm digging that "Par Every Hole" goal and I might look into that one this next season. Granted that will be 90 holes I have to get a par on by season's end, but it's doable if I keep to one of my following goals.

I haven't had golf goals at any point in my life as I've never really been in a place (physically, emotionally, personally, etc) where golf was high enough on my list to actually take the time. But now that I'm here in Fairfield Glade, less than 5 miles from my folks (I play with my dad weekly now), and in a place where golf is at the forefront of life (other than work anyway), it's time that I do.

2024 Golf Goals (Penned with Marker)
1. Handicap down to 15 or lower.
2. Average bogey golf or better by year's end (+18 per round or better). This is likely a second half of the year goal for measurement sake.
3. Play 1 round per week and practice 1x per week, whether in the garage or at one of the ranges/putting greens/chipping areas.
4. Break 90 more than I don't. This is likely a second half of the year goal for measurement sake.
5. Be active (walking, lifting, stretching/yoga/pilates) 3x or more per week. Not directly golf-related, but it is.

Couple Penciled goals
1. Par every hole here in the Glade.
     - That's 90 holes across a 25-30 week timeframe (or there abouts), playing once a week rotating through all 5 courses.
          - This may become par all Par4's or all Par 3/5's or something like that. I'll have to think about this one.
2. Play in 1 or 2 tournaments here in the Glade.
     - Never done something like this before, so I'll need to look into it and see what I may have available.

There might be too many or I may be overextending myself with these for the first year of goals, but I'll never know what I'm capable of if I don't push myself. I'll be working on second part of 3 & 5 over the winter already, so those should be easier once the weather is nicer to be outside again.

I'm not going to put any specific data driven goals in this next year as it'll be my first full year with my Shot Scope tracking details. I only tracked 6 rounds this year, so that's not enough data to make any real goals from. If I change my mind, they'll just be added to my penciled goals.

Let's do this!!

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

Keep those goals coming everyone! And don’t forget to add them to the google doc! If you have trouble with that, shoot me a DM and I can add them in for you!

#LeftyGang

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I want to finally play Nob North and a friend brought to my attention a course in Kodak called Island Point. They both look awesome.

You will like Island Point. It used to be called River Islands. I played it a bunch of times. You have to hit across the river twice. There is an island between the rivers that has a few holes on it. You play a hole or two then hit across the river to the par 3 green. Then play a a hole on the island. Then you hit across another river to the green of another par 3. Then play a bunch of holes on the other side. Eventually play back to the island for another hole or two eventually working your way back to the clubhouse. Bring a few balls!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Goals for 2024 will be the following:

1) Play more courses. Now that I have the entire NE Coast to cover for work and a lot of my customers play golf, I’m confident that that will easily be accomplished. 
2) Work on gaining some distance back. 
3) Maintain my current handicap.

4) Play more golf with my son and daughter now that they are into golf.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

31 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

You will like Island Point. It used to be called River Islands. I played it a bunch of times. You have to hit across the river twice. There is an island between the rivers that has a few holes on it. You play a hole or two then hit across the river to the par 3 green. Then play a a hole on the island. Then you hit across another river to the green of another par 3. Then play a bunch of holes on the other side. Eventually play back to the island for another hole or two eventually working your way back to the clubhouse. Bring a few balls!

I looked it over on both GolfShot and Google Earth and thought the layout was interesting, especially the par 3's. It looks so fun and I'll definitely take a lot of balls.