FlightScope Progression Series: 2023 Forum Member Review

GolfSpy_APH

12 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Are the all the data images you guys are showing screen grabs from the phone app display?  I thought so but with the mentionof ipads and pcs i wanted to clarify.  Thx.

My screenshots are strictly from iPhone currently. My neighbor @ParMan42 has a tablet well be trying to connect again at some point soon (had issues with it but sounds like it was an issue with the MEVO+ connecting to my phone still.) If that does not work out ill end up getting an iPad which dont seem to costly right now to get a gen10.

For reference the MEVO+ connects as its own wireless signal to whatever device you are you using so you do not connect to your home wifi or internet connection directly. The issue we were having was the tablet was connecting and disconnecting, the troubleshooting desk from flightscope said it was probably trying to connect to my phone or was still connected to my phone at the time.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

24 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Are the all the data images you guys are showing screen grabs from the phone app display?  I thought so but with the mentionof ipads and pcs i wanted to clarify.  Thx.

So the nice thing is, you can login to a laptop after your session and still get alot of the same data as well. 

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

3 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Mine has not shown loaded but is in town.  

Almost makes you want to just drive by and pick it up, doesn't it?  

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

10 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

So the nice thing is, you can login to a laptop after your session and still get alot of the same data as well. 

Do you transfer the data manually, or does it backup to a mevo app type file and you can login on different devices to view?

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

11 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Do you transfer the data manually, or does it backup to a mevo app type file and you can login on different devices to view?

It has a login (cloud) for data storage. I'll have to look at it again to see exactly how much data it will save, but it does have limitations 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

5 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Is there a laptop app that the mevo+ can connect to?  Or is there only a phone or tablet app available?

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik 18* 5w;  :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro 4i;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 minute ago, Shapotomous said:

Is there a laptop app that the mevo+ can connect to?  Or is there only a phone or tablet app available?

You can connect to android, ios and PC.

Android does not have the e6 though. 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

1 hour ago, Josh Parker said:

Well.... it finally arrived. After delays and sitting by the door, it showed up.  

20240117_161356.jpg.1b942e6211ee30f5b530450e7c37290e.jpg

Set up has been completed and I'm heading to the range to try out before they close it for the day. 

I'm glad to see it finally showed up and I'm looking forward to your initial thoughts. 

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm glad to see it finally showed up and I'm looking forward to your initial thoughts. 

I'm back home and need to read thru all the setup instructions as far as alignment.  I think I was slightly off so it showed my shots traveling just off the middle line but flight path was correct.  

Tomorrow I have more time and better weather to set it up and really test with it. 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

Mine has also arrived. Full unboxing and first impressions coming this weekend. Got it on the charger so it’s ready to go for Saturday morning. 
IMG_2211.jpeg

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:   Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

:titleist-small: TSR2 7 wood shaft TBD

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 Aged Copper 4-PW with Steelfiber I95 R

Wedges:    :mizuno-small: T22 copper 50* and 54* with Steelfiber 95 S

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

Got the pro package and face impact downloaded. Took me a while cuz the Mevo Plus kept falling asleep. Finally found the setting and it was set to fall asleep after 30 seconds. Changed it to 120seconds so I could get it all done. 

@Lacassem @Josh Parker have you guys done the e6 stuff yet?  I haven’t tackled that one quite yet. 

Driver:   Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

2 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Well.... it finally arrived. After delays and sitting by the door, it showed up.  

20240117_161356.jpg.1b942e6211ee30f5b530450e7c37290e.jpg

Set up has been completed and I'm heading to the range to try out before they close it for the day. 

The waiting paid off!! Glad baby Mevo+ made it safe 🥹 now to do great things 💪🏽

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Got the pro package and face impact downloaded. Took me a while cuz the Mevo Plus kept falling asleep. Finally found the setting and it was set to fall asleep after 30 seconds. Changed it to 120seconds so I could get it all done. 

@Lacassem @Josh Parker have you guys done the e6 stuff yet?  I haven’t tackled that one quite yet. 

Mine was the same. I changed it to not fall asleep.

the E6 stuff will be a verification code once you register the device. You can set up the program and have the demo version though before you register 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

5 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Mine was the same. I changed it to not fall asleep.

the E6 stuff will be a verification code once you register the device. You can set up the program and have the demo version though before you register 

Yeah I got the email I just haven’t went through it yet

15 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

I downloaded it and registered the E6.  I have not set it up yet because it wants you to have it set up and ready to go and my new net gets here Friday.

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Yeah I got the email I just haven’t went through it yet

Yes it’s pretty easy and straight forward in the app.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

3 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I didn't get to mess with the Mevo+ much today between playing and my lesson but I did notice one thing between it and the Mevo.  Set up is much more precise and has to be done right in order for it to read.  

I had about 5 minutes before the lesson and went to set it up and the first couple shots didn't record.  The unit has to be calibrated and level with the hitting surface or it won't capture the data.  Our range has mats that are above the surface behind and I have blocks to put down and it does have some ability to raise/lower the hitting surface but it does take some adjustments to make it function properly.

My net comes in tomorrow and I plan on really taking some time to learn the unit and how to make sure everything is set up perfectly.  

Stay tuned for a full unboxing and first impressions tomorrow as well.

I haven’t had any real chance either. Saturday is gonna be a long day with the Mevo Plus for me. Work has been absolutely crazy with everyone apparently needing new furnaces this week. 

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

I haven’t had any real chance either. Saturday is gonna be a long day with the Mevo Plus for me. Work has been absolutely crazy with everyone apparently needing new furnaces this week. 

Yes.... I gave you the fire symbol because of furnaces.... haha

I like that it makes you set it up more precise but the learning curve has been a little more demanding.  Of course most driving ranges or garage set-ups are more level so it probably isn't as big of an issue.

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

On 1/16/2024 at 1:52 PM, sirchunksalot said:

@Josh Parker what net did you order? 

It's looking like it might be a couple more days before I can get out and use the Mevo. With all the winter weather it makes going to the range or setting up a net difficult. I wish I had an indoor place to use it. 

I totally understand. I’ll offer you my garage for the month. Even have a screen and projector ready…

Had a good session yesterday. Just going through some video edits and should have it up at some point today. Did a warmup on flightscope and then 18 on E6

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Net is less than 10 stops away according to the good ole Amazon and I will be putting it up as soon as it gets here.  

Looking forward to testing out the E6 and getting that all the way set up.

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

2 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Net is less than 10 stops away according to the good ole Amazon and I will be putting it up as soon as it gets here.  

Looking forward to testing out the E6 and getting that all the way set up.

Well...... Amazon showed up..... 

Apparently, they thought I needed a new weight set of some sort instead of a golf net.  Talked to customer service and the new net will be here Monday now.  Let's see if the right item shows up this time.

So, it's off to the range in a bit to do some testing.

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

1 hour ago, Luisddavila said:

1/2 First Session

During this session I decided to set the MEVO 6 feet from the ball with my PW and my 8I with regular golf balls. Then set it to 7 feet from the ball and used my PW with regular, range, and regular with metallic dot balls. I placed tapes on the floor for the mat and MEVO placement. After changing my hitting mat, I realized that the mat was at least 1/2” above the MEVO so I placed a piece of wood to ensure that the device was leveled with my hitting surface.

image0.jpeg.e7add2faa7cfaae174e5ae0c1bc53bc3.jpeg

image5.jpeg.5607d3123a5dce390fdb2f5f48ceea31.jpeg

image6.jpeg.dfd11618fe84ccf1548b3a4e8699004b.jpeg

Average Data

image.png.f5a7629f336e0e9beb8d137e823f2aee.png

6 Feet Setting

Data from the PW, after 10 shots my carry average was 126.9 yards (which is the actual yardage that I hit this club) and an average of 100.2 mph ball speed. My longest carry was 141.1 yards with a 102.3 mph ball speed.

image8.jpeg.1a76d6904b825830ff383774f4a94378.jpeg

Data from the 8I, after 10 shots my carry average was 150.42 yards (which is the actual yardage that I hit this club) and an average of 109.6 mph ball speed. My longest carry was 165.3 yards (lucky first hit) with a 116.1 mph ball speed.

image7.jpeg.79e41e6fc27180840636c6e4d8405115.jpeg

7 Feet Setting

As you know from my previous post, I had some maintenance issues during my session because my impact net broke, but I was able to hit balls with this setting with three different types of balls: regular, range, and with metallic dot. Unfortunately, I was only able to use the PW and not gather data from my 8I so I could compare both settings.

PW with Standard Golf Ball: Average distance after 5 shots was 138.1 yards (I can live with that 😆) and an average of 107.1 mph ball speed. My longest carry was 157.7 yards (I want to know how I was able to hit that distance haha) with a 112.1 mph ball speed.

image4.jpeg.8a632e008f7d2f7ee5331bf29087b0c9.jpeg

PW with Range Golf Ball: Average distance after 5 shots was 125.1 yards and an average of 98.78 mph ball speed. My longest carry was 132.2 yards with a 98.3 mph ball speed. 

image5.jpeg.83c0f71809eefe7a04c10b9253a80ef7.jpeg

PW with Standard Golf Ball (Metallic Dot): Average distance after 4 shots was 133.3 yards and an average of 103.2 mph ball speed. My longest carry was 142.8 yards with a 106.2 mph ball speed.

image6.jpeg.427d2ac7812bd8c0a392e3be27421115.jpeg

I noticed a difference of 11.2 yards from the different settings. The 7 feet setting showed longer distance and higher ball speed with standard golf ball. Also, as you can see from the pictures the different type of balls also impacted the data of my shots. The question, which is the more accurate data? Not sure, but I am planning to take the MEVO to an indoor golf facility with other technology (Trackman or TruGolf) and compare the difference between both to see the MEVO’s accuracy. In addition, I realized from the pictures that I had too much lighting over the MEVO, and that might have impact on getting more accurate data.

As prior testers mentioned, the MEVO does not give you ball trajectory (whether it goes left, right, or straight) or graphics for ball dispersion. But, from the data you get Smash Factor, which is the ball speed divided by the club speed. In the user manual it is explained that “it indicates the quality of the strike. Higher club speed does not necessarily mean higher ball speed. Striking in the “sweet” spot of the club – the higher the ratio, the better the strike”. Not a “visual” representation, but at least you get an idea if you are hitting good shots based on the numbers.

From the 6 Feet my longest 8I (165.3 yards) had a smash ratio of 1.29 (higher ratio as well) and my PW (141.1 yards) had a 1.16 smash ratio. My higher smash ratio with PW was 1.20 (137.9 yards)

image2.jpeg.cdf7fc41e6952262e39c4d99d41f02f7.jpeg

image0.jpeg.96e1eb9be348b2dd7c48141df41ea82a.jpeg

From the 7 Feet regular ball PW longest carry (157.7) 🤯 had a smash ratio of 1.25, range ball longest carry (132.2) had a smash ratio of 1.11, and standard ball with metallic dot longest carry (142.8) had a smash ratio of 1.24). One thing that I noticed was that my longest carries did not have a high apex height (less than 100 feet), which I would say it is very accurate as I tend to hit low shots most of the time.

image4.jpeg.cb5fc918723d81297f93b0a97826d069.jpeg

image6.jpeg.0aae3e5b7414621612b5aa6845466662.jpeg

image5.jpeg.4b684d6e1c432ef5c31bc6d5d611241e.jpeg

image0.jpeg

Great testing and info!

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

6 minutes ago, Luisddavila said:

I am trying to get small details from it because you guys did a GREAT job with your reviews

Keep going man!  Enjoying seeing the info and interested in what you find from the data to help improve your game. 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

That's some great feedback. Would be curious if on a range, or even a top golf type.place, if the same difference in yardage would occur.

WITB-