Tell Us Why You Should Be A Tester!

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Want to really prove you can be a tester? Read this FIRST then comment!

How To Be A Tester Guide!

What makes you different and why would you be the next best tester for MGS Forum?

I have the Garmin S60 that I have had for close to 10 years.i enjoy the watch but it is getting old and wondering how long it will last.  The biggest enhancement would be the club sensors!!!  This would be a great experience I would love to share.

Zgolfen

Currently using Garmin approach and would like to compare accuracy. Garmin is pretty close to actual distance but nothing to compare to as other buddies use Garmin as well....🤨

I am an old guy (near 75), engineer type, who loves the technical parts of golf.  I know my driving distance is a big weakness but even with all kinds of speed training it is not going to get back to when i was younger. I think shot tracking could help me figure out where to spend my practice tome to lower my scores. 

I use a Garmin S10 which has limited capabilities, I want to upgrade but also need more data. Being a tester would give me the opportunity to gain more understanding of what is available and would I actual use it.

I have used shot scope 2nd version for 3 years now and all rounding data has been accumulated and it definately helps my game.

and this new version of shot scope, I could feel how they improved this device and provide real feedback. 

For all those commenting here, what makes you different? What would separate you from the rest? 

More importantly to the community, how would you test several of these items and what/how often would you report back to the community on your findings?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I think I'd make a good tester because I am the type of player who wants to know EVERYTHING about my game, from a statistical point of view. Beyond just tracking fairways and GIR and putts and the like. I want to pour over every shot post-round and evaluate what I did, how I did it and why I did it. I think ShotScope V5 would be tremendous in that regard. I am 66 years old, I play to a 3 handicap and I play 18 holes, 3-4 times per week. I am constantly looking to improve all aspects of my game and I can't help but think a device like the ShotScope would help me. Let's do this.

Lee F. Crafford

I think I would be an excellent tester as my brain is technical oriented. Prior to most any purchase I ever make, I research it more than the average person. Therefore it takes me a good bit of time to make an actual purchase. I used to be a quality control tech for Mercruiser, so I am very detail oriented and expect things to be made to spec. I have the ability to compare products side by side and have the ability to express my findings in a way that everyone can understand. I currently live in Florida therefore I am on the golf course year round. Due to work, I currently play anywhere from 50 to 70 rounds per year so I'm on the course at the least once a week, sometimes more. Then I normally go on a golf trip with my buddies for a week long marathon (36 holes or more/day) of playing different courses around the southeast. So my availability to test items is year round!! That's why I would make an excellent tester for MGS!!

Driver: Callaway Epic Speed 9* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65, Stiff

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 3 Wood 14* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75, Stiff

Hybrids: Callaway Epic Flash #3 17* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #4 20* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #5 23* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #6 26* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 65, Regular

Irons: Ping G430, Red Dot, 7, 8, 9, W, 45.5*, 50*, ALTA CB BLACK, Regular

Wedges: Edison Forged - 55*, KBS PGI 80, Regular 2* Flat

Putter: Odyssey Toe Up #1, Ball: Vice Pro

The more I dive into the realm of golf and MGS, I have to agree with @Wheelieb amd several others on being selective in which tests to apply for.

I have learned that while there are alot of cool and innovative products, and a ton of opportunities, I want to be able to put together a thorough, and well planned test and even better executed review at the end.  

Im Still learning to walk in golf world, so to speak, and until I can gain a solid traction in my game and a firmer knowledge of equipment breakdowns, I am cautious about testing. 

I enjoy reading the reviews and testing threads, and love that people who are more qualified on those tests are able to provide us who aren't with the shared experiences and knowledge.

There are a couple I have in mind that I would apply for, but only because I know I will be able provide that same level I mentioned above to other members and readers. 

At the end of the day,  if I am selected or not, it won't change my outlook of this site, its staff, or it's members. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I have been a faithful user of the Shot Scope V3 for about 3 years now and use it in my competitive rounds as well as playing with friends. I have used it from Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Missouri,  Tennessee and my home state of Louisiana.

The improvements on the V5 compared to the V3 would be something I could assess easily. The importance of my V3 to my game has been significant especially when I play tournaments at unfamiliar courses which happens a lot in the tournament circuit I play. I am thinking the V5 would be even more helpful.

Shot Scope V3.jpg

1st place.jpg

As someone that has had a Samsung watch since they became a thing I have always used the golf apps on my watch to get yardage and track my shots. I would have a interesting perspective cause this being a stand alone product I would hope that is has better features and a little bit better quality then what I am use to on my Samsung Galaxy watches. 

A.Sjoberg 

I was thinking of getting a garnish s70 but I would love to give this a try. I’m tired of using the laser gun and I think that front middle and back is better for my game.

Hit my 8 iron 140

Now that I have built a decent foundation with golf(been playing for 2 years now). Im ready to get into the statistical side of my game to help me build consistency and essentially help lower my scores. I also enjoy seeing all the new golf tech and equipment being released, and would LOVE to get a chance to test some of them. Ive also started a golf instagram which I feel can help promote products as well as track my golf journey of being a low handicap weekend warrior! 

I'm the type of player who has to overcome a drop foot and a knee that will need replacing. So anything that gives me data that can help me make better decisions to: A) Spare wear and tear on my knees and B) Keep me off crummy lies that affect my suspect balance is a godsend. I already use a shotscope and would love to see if the X5 can help me impriove my game even further!!!

Driver: TM M2 10.5; FW: TM Sim Max 3/5; Hybrid: Cobra FMax 4/5; Irons: Adams A7 5-PW; Wedges: Tommy Armour 52,56,60; Putter: Tommy Armour Infusion Aero

I should be a tester because I am completely dependent on apps for distance but I am tired of the delay GPS functions. I am looking for a product design to give immediate reading and hopefully speed up my playing time . 

Phillip Samuel 

Realistically, I acknowledge that I likely do not yet have the post count or necessary amount of activity on the forum to be seriously considered for testing opportunities.

But for reference in the future, when I have managed to meet those criteria; I believe I could do an exceptional job as a product tester.  

I have familiarized myself with the review criteria, the provided template and the tracking sheet used to rate each reviewer.  I have also had a love of writing since I was young - and was even offered a job as a tech product reviewer in the past after submitting sample reviews.  Currently, as the manager of a fairly large steel production company, I'm also quite well versed in writing reports and communicating my views and opinions  clearly through the written word.

Additionally, I have an obsession for data.  I feel that every point of accurate, empirical data provided (on any topic, really) can help both yourself and others to make the the best decisions possible.

Edit: And on a personal note, I'm extremely dedicated to putting in the effort and practice to become a better golfer over the next few years!

Edited by Urrrshurrr
Personal background!
  • Ping G430 Max Driver
  • Takomo 101U #2 Driving Iron
  • Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal Irons (5-GW)
  • Taylormade TP XFT Wedges (50, 54, 58)
  • Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 Putter

I have improved a great deal over the past few years and have a better understanding of my game. I put in time on the course or range every week. And I have the ability to gather data from my home simulator. 

I do well when having a goal and deadlines to meet. Reviewing a product is exactly the type of motivation I get excited for with my golf game. I'm at a point where I understand what certain equipment can do for me.

I know I don't have the post count you're looking for, but I will test, review, and answer questions to the best of my ability and be available on the forum. Pictures and videos are not a problem.

Okish golfer

By trade, I develop data analytic tools and software automation.

I've always had a heavy interest in statistics to have a better understanding of the impact of the things that I work on or am involved in. I haven't yet done a golf-related head-to-head style dashboard analysis but it's something that I've been thinking about for some time now. So far, I've just been an avid reader/consumer of in depth reviews made by others but haven't yet taken the dive to do it myself. I'd love the chance to perform a deep dive between some golf products to see if I can demonstrate a tangible difference between them as opposed to a subjective perception of a difference.

WITB:
:ping-small: G425 Max 9º
:Fuji: Ventus TR Blue 6-S
:ping-small: G430 19º Hybrid
:srixon-small: ZX5 MKII 4-PW
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50° S, 54° E, 58° E
:odyssey-small: AI-ONE Milled #7
:ping-small: Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW Black Dot
:ping-small: Heppler Tomcat 14

Competitive junior golfer who currently uses Arccos. Can provide insight on how a junior can utilize (and how easily) and compare to the offerings that Arccos has since have used that for several seasons.

Have provided feedback to Arccos on many potential upgrades (such as provided strokes gained for each shot - instead of just the 4 "buckets" of Driving/Approach/Short/Putting that they currently provide, or adding "Total Feet of Putts made" as a tracked statistic.) 

I recently posted a topic regarding club fitting effectiveness and had several members suggest that what I may really need was to start tracking some statistics.  I have come to trust the members of the forum, so I have decided to try to start tracking some basic statistics this year by hand.  I would love to get some more detailed information and I think something hands off like this system has the highest chance of working for me.  

Driver - Titleist TS2 

3 Wood - TaylorMade Rocketballz 2

Hybrids - Taylormade Rescue knockoffs

Irons - Taylormade Burner 2.0

52 Degree - Cleveland CG14

56 Degree - Titleist Vokey BV

60 Degree - Ping Glide 3.0

Ball - Depends if I find in or have to pay for it.

Although I’m a new member to the forum, I think I’ve shown my ability to do a write up fairly well in my unofficial Kirkland Driver review thread. And although the original post doesn’t have any photos, there were detail photos posted later in the thread during the review process.

My background includes many years as a manager and tech at a small local paintball shop, so I’m used to looking for small details when initially unboxing a product, as well as familiar enough around tools that are used across niche sports. 

I currently work in IT, so anything technology related is right up my alley as well. As it’s for an airline, I also get to travel far more than the average person. In the last month, I have played rounds in Chicago, Australia, and Mexico. 

As a new golfer (~11 months in) think I bring a different perspective than those who have been playing for a long time. 

Driver: :callaway-small: AI Smoke MaxD w/ Mitsubishi Diamana GT 40R

3w: Callaway Edge

5w: Stealth2 HD

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 Hot Metal HL w/Accra IS 50i

Wedges: :ping-small: s59 w/Accra is 60i

Putter: :L.A.B.: DF3

Hello MGS Community,

I'm thrilled at the opportunity to possibly become a tester here at MyGolfSpy, and here's why I believe I'd make an excellent candidate for this role:

Dedicated Player: Despite having only a year of golf under my belt, I’ve played around 50 games and continuously strive to improve my skills. My current handicap of 18 and a Trackman handicap of 5.5 reflect my commitment and rapid progression in the sport.

Analytical Approach: My background in data analysis (even if it's just from using a Trackman in the off-season) gives me a unique perspective on the game. I can provide detailed insights not just on how equipment feels, but on how it affects play statistically.

High-Quality Content: I have a knack for photography and video creation, essential for showcasing equipment in action. I'm ready to provide high-quality visuals that highlight the performance and aesthetic aspects of the gear in real-world settings.

True Seasonal Tester: Living in Québec means dealing with a variety of weather conditions – from perfect summers to snowy winters. This allows me to test equipment under a range of conditions, giving feedback on how gear performs both indoors on a Trackman and outdoors on the course throughout the seasons.

Gear Enthusiast: My kit consists of top-tier brands like Titleist and TaylorMade, including a Titleist TSR3 driver and a Scotty Cameron putter. My experience with these brands will allow me to provide detailed comparative insights, especially on how new equipment can integrate with or enhance existing setups.

Thank you for considering my application. I am eager to bring my passion and analytical skills to the MyGolfSpy testing team, providing valuable, honest, and thorough reviews.

Looking forward to possibly joining the ranks of MGS testers!

Best regards,

Corentin

Corentin | Québec City, QC - B2 Golf member 🇨🇦
Average Quebec-based golfer on a quest to refine skills and deepen golfing knowledge

📊 Golfing Stats: Handicap 18 | Best Round 85 | Trackman Handicap 6.2
⛳ Favorite Courses: Celebration, Orlando (FL) | Club de Golf Orléans, St-Pétronille (QC) 
🎒 WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 9º - HZRDUS Smoke Black stiff shaft 
  • Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 3W & 5W - HZRDUS Smoke Red stiff shaft 
  • Irons: TaylorMade Stealth (5i to Gap Wedge) - Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shaft 
  • Wedges: Titleist SM10 Chrome (52º12F, 56°12D & 60º08M) - Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shaft 
  • Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Super Select 2.5+ - stock steel shaft 
  • Bag: Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black 
  • Ball: Titleist Pro V1 
  • Tracking system : Arccos Gen3. + Arccos Link Pro 

🎓 Golf Instructor: Alex Shattuck (TGRe)
🔎 Tests & Reviews :

Passionate about all things golf. Here to learn, share, and test the limits of my game.
Let's make every shot count! 🎯

Just now, HBaum said:

Wow, professional resume there. Hope you will be a tester also!

I'm assuming that you are replying to my post @HBaum. Thank you 🥰

Corentin | Québec City, QC - B2 Golf member 🇨🇦
Average Quebec-based golfer on a quest to refine skills and deepen golfing knowledge

📊 Golfing Stats: Handicap 18 | Best Round 85 | Trackman Handicap 6.2
⛳ Favorite Courses: Celebration, Orlando (FL) | Club de Golf Orléans, St-Pétronille (QC) 
🎒 WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 9º - HZRDUS Smoke Black stiff shaft 
  • Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 3W & 5W - HZRDUS Smoke Red stiff shaft 
  • Irons: TaylorMade Stealth (5i to Gap Wedge) - Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shaft 
  • Wedges: Titleist SM10 Chrome (52º12F, 56°12D & 60º08M) - Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shaft 
  • Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Super Select 2.5+ - stock steel shaft 
  • Bag: Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black 
  • Ball: Titleist Pro V1 
  • Tracking system : Arccos Gen3. + Arccos Link Pro 

🎓 Golf Instructor: Alex Shattuck (TGRe)
🔎 Tests & Reviews :

Passionate about all things golf. Here to learn, share, and test the limits of my game.
Let's make every shot count! 🎯

I've responded to this post multiple times, but here we go. I've been playing golf for 50 years, elite amateur throughout the 80's. Worked in the golf industry for years and now that approaching retirement age the competitive juices have started flowing again. I maintain a ghin between 3-5 but working hard to get it back down to 0.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing golf since 5 yo and know this sport pretty well. If not a scratch golfer, I have a good level of play and am able to play from easy to play clubs until blades. I am also playing with a friend who happen to be a professional photographer and that could illustrate my reviews with very nice pictures 😉 here is a small sample of his work 

Why would I make the ultimate golf equipment tester? Well, let's tee up the reasons:

First off, picture this: I've got a Foresight GC2 launch monitor chilling in my humble abode. Yep, you heard that right. This bad boy gives me the power to test new gear with cold, hard data. None of that wishy-washy guesswork – just pure, unadulterated facts.

But wait, there's more! I'm not just your average weekend warrior. Oh no, I'm a certified golf club repair technician. That means I know my way around a club better than most folks know their way around a sand trap. I understand how each component impacts the data and the flight of that little white ball. And let me tell you, that knowledge is as golden as a hole-in-one.

And finally, let's talk passion, baby. I eat, sleep, and breathe golf. When I'm not out on the green, you'll find me nose-deep in the latest golf tech and equipment reviews. I'm like a sponge, soaking up all that juicy knowledge and using it to fuel my love for the game.

So there you have it, folks. With my trusty launch monitor, my expert club tinkering skills, and my unwavering passion for the game, I'd be the perfect candidate to put those shiny new clubs through their paces. Let's make golfing history together!

You can see my garage setup below!
20240220_203451.jpg.6b2ce12842ff1e2fff7931abe326ce2f.jpg20240220_203642.jpg.e2973fe13437f5902d2117685952daa1.jpg20240220_203728.jpg.53ae23d7e118e3c792a7c7db0258740c.jpg20240220_203737.jpg.15ec0c866e8462675bee997b75e1ac0e.jpg