How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

FInal week of men's league had my best start ever on the back 9. Unfortunately a missed 5 footer on 15 seemed to be the turning point and struggled to finish off and break 40.

Overall very happy with the year averaging 42.9 for the year

Screenshot 2024-09-18 100541.png

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS

3 wood - Callaway Rogue Max ST

5 wood - Ram

4 hybrid - Cobra T-rail

Irons (5-AW) - Taylormade Speedblade HL

Wedges, Taylormade Milled Grind 3 56

Putter: Taylormade Spider GT

Bag: Cobra cart bag

Balls: Taylormade TP5 Pix or Bridgestone E12 contact

Tracker: Arccos

3 hours ago, RetiredBoomer said:

We're getting to that point in the season where fewer and fewer guys show up at the club each morning,
and today, I'm one of the absentees myself.   I just felt like sleeping in and having a veg out day.

I remember wanting to play until first snow, but that seems long ago now.

Certainly not done for the year, though.
Far from it.
Just up for a nice, lazy day.

I love fall golf. Gives me a chance to lose all the crappy Kirkland balls I bought under the leaves. 😁

Titleist GT2 10°

Ping Anser 5 wood

Ping G25 Irons 4-UW

Ping Glide 58°ES

Seemore mFPG Nashville Studio

Millionaire’s golf today - beautiful sky blue day, and clear sailing on the course with nobody ahead or behind. Cartner and I played pretty well for a couple of old duffers, though we both got a case of the lost balls and neither of us can explain it - wasn’t even lost ball leaves yet. I lost 5 🤬, which was where I was beginning of the season. Dave lost 4. Neither of us played badly or even felt like we played badly.

Somehow we ended up tied at 95. Considering I lost 5 balls? Not bad! Dave bagged a 43 but his wheels fell off with a 52 on the back, and he’s a much better player than that score, which just goes to show we all have One of Those Days. He’s the kind of player that it’s hard to tell if he’s scoring 83 or 103, his attitude is pretty chill. He’s become one of my fave playing partners. 

As he’s my unpaid life coach, after watching my 5th ball sail out of bounds, Dave insisted I try hitting with an interlock grip - my first coach had me try overlap with great results. Damnit if it didn’t work a little better with my sweaty hands no gloves grip issues.

Also hit 4 drives over 200, 50% FIR, and this little beauty which is my new long drive. IMG_1753.jpeg.1d433ee4694b77c251cae0135a7ea450.jpeg

I love my new boomstick.

Edited by ClevelandGirl

Titleist TSR1, Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 3-4-5 hybrids, TaylorMade Qi10 irons 6i-P, Cleveland RTX wedges 54 and 58, SeeMore OG FSG blade, yet helpless without my ShotScope V5.

This past Sunday I played at Crockett Ridge GC in Kingsport, TN. I play here pretty often, as it's a good track close to home. Unfortunately, the drought earlier this summer burned up a lot of their greens and they're trying to grow them back out. So instead of the firm, lightning-fast greens that make the course challenging, they are currently extremely soft from being over-watered and excruciatingly slow from being under-mowed. I hate blaming factors other than my play contributing to my score, but that's how bad they are right now.

So anyway - on the Front 9, I hit 6 out of 9 greens in regulation. Unfortunately, decent lag putts where next to impossible due to the greens, leading to only 1 birdie from 5 feet, two 3 putt bogies, and a 41.

I usually play better on the Back 9, so I was happy that even though I had bogeyed 8 and 9, I had a good shot at breaking 80 for the first time in like 5 months...so I thought. It started with a 3-putt bogey and a par - then 3 straight 7's (double, triple, triple - all with only one lost ball...impressive, I know.). I recovered by playing the last 4 holes one over par, but the damage was done, and I ended up with an 87.

I would guess the condition of the greens probably cost me 3 or 4 shots, but they didn't contribute to the Lucky 7's at all. I am striking the ball really well right now and is coupled with renewed confidence in hitting driver off the tee. It's definitely time to graduate from game-improvement irons to more of a player's distance iron, as a lot of my most pure strikes are going left because of the offset. That's my biggest goal for the winter.

Driver: image.png.a4fd9ccd262e6afa89ac28ab0c13130f.png  Mavrik 10.5 loft, dialed down to 9.5, Project X HZRDUS Black, stiff shaft

Fairway Wood: image.png.a4fd9ccd262e6afa89ac28ab0c13130f.png  Mavrik 3 Wood 15 degree loft, Project X HZRDUS Black, stiff shaft

Fairway Finder/Rescue Club: Tommy Armour 845 2 iron 

Hybrid: image.png.a4fd9ccd262e6afa89ac28ab0c13130f.png Mavrik 3 Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Black, stiff shaft

Irons: image.png.a4fd9ccd262e6afa89ac28ab0c13130f.png Mavrik irons (5-AW), True Temper Elevate 95 steel stiff shaft

Wedges: image.png.e7e2add9d78f70b5d1cc57a961f020e6.png Vokey  SM9 56 degree, F grind; 60 degree, M grind

Putter: image.png.e7e2add9d78f70b5d1cc57a961f020e6.png Scotty  Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5+

Ball:  image.png.04747de8f9aca055ccd980959d1e2014.png  Tour X

Just got off the course, played well, but penalties killed the score. Still had a good time! 

IMG_6224.jpeg

IMG_6223.jpeg

IMG_6221.jpeg

IMG_6222.jpeg

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgParadym TD 9* or EPIC Max LS 10.5* or  Ping.png.bd9875c415de0caaf18165e81353fcba.png425LST 9* 

Woods: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpg Mini or TM.png.882c22efb861c87ad5aa6b2f88e9743f.png Mini BRNR

Hybrids: PXG.jpg.f43fb635ef9ee412fa814c0d924d1ee5.jpg3H, 4H, 5H 

Irons: NL.png.a16c1db32eb8495938c8958152d9be4c.png902PD 

Wedges: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegVokey SM10 48, 52, 56* 

Putter: SM.jpg.6ec6e268aa1364f355b3f10b9901b64e.jpgBlack MiniGiant 

Ball: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegPro V1X or Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgChrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

Ended up playing the same 9 holes twice today. I thought the league game was on the front 9 so earlier in the day I played the back 9 with my father in law. But when I came back for my league time I found out it was  the back 9 again. Crazy the difference between the scores between the two. I had 2 birds the first time around that saved my butt. 2nd round not a single bird. But I didn't skull any wedges so I had way more pars. 

Screenshot_20240918_191014_ShotScope.png.c473d65327379c4fbef6100a2cc03ee0.pngScreenshot_20240918_190944_ShotScope.png.5a4906515b4887fe5f7288f78f2d364a.png

I should be golfing instead of talking smack on the web.

Squeezed out 9 hole ls on the par3 course before GC duties .  1 birdie,  1 bogey, for even 27. Had alot of shots off to the right,  with no explanation . Had to chip on the green a couple of times to save par. Putting was just OK, but not great. 8 feet and in I was dialed. Unfortunately most of my putts were from 20 or 30 feet away. Ugh.

Took it to the range for a small bucket. Known what? Not a single right miss.  WtH!!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I had a good round today. 36/38 for a 1 over 74. 5 bogies and 4 birdies. The new driver missed 2 fairways, by a couple feet. The rest of the time it put me in the short grass. That was just plain good fun!

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

22 minutes ago, EnderinAZ said:

I had a good round today. 36/38 for a 1 over 74. 5 bogies and 4 birdies. The new driver missed 2 fairways, by a couple feet. The rest of the time it put me in the short grass. That was just plain good fun!

Solid play !

I should be golfing instead of talking smack on the web.

Oh and the results for day one of the Wild Bunch Calcutta came through and I played only in the gross / net skins game today as I cannot play day two of the tournament. Anyway one of my 4 birdies held up for a skin and it doubled my skin entry money. So today really was a good day!

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

6 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

Nice round!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

6 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

Oh and the results for day one of the Wild Bunch Calcutta came through and I played only in the gross / net skins game today as I cannot play day two of the tournament. Anyway one of my 4 birdies held up for a skin and it doubled my skin entry money. So today really was a good day!

Cha-ching!!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

On Tuesday, Sept 17, we had our monthly SAGES Seniors Golfers day at Eagle Canyon Golf Estate (https://www.eaglecanyongolfestate.co.za/).  Commonly called "Evil Canyon".  This golf course was built in in a disused quarry which presents many sloping fairways and greens.  

This was the first time that my wife, Cathalene, and I played this course and on the day I decided to play off the front tees with the others to save time.  I was not able to use my driver as much and tactical play was the name of the game.  The fairways were tricky due to the slopes and the greens did not really bite on the balls.

The competition was a 4-ball alliance, 2 scores to count.  Cathalene and I teamed up with another "elderly" couple, June and Clyde, who have been married now for 49 years.  Imagine their ages.....  

The weather was fine, but the wind was terrible.  We did not do well at all.  I carded a 89, 8 over HC and Cathalene carded 19 over her handicap.  

At least I have a few good holes on which I could reflect on the 19th.

Would I play Evil Canyon again??? I have to, even if it is only to enjoy their 19th hole again.

20240917_134443.jpg.97616f6261cbefa4ad2061f3c5aef5e0.jpg

20240917_134448.jpg

Screenshot_20240919_132507_Garmin Golf.jpgScreenshot_20240919_132543_Garmin Golf.jpg

Screenshot_20240919_132602_Garmin Golf.jpgScreenshot_20240919_132616_Garmin Golf.jpg

Edited by Johann Oosthuizen
  • Callaway Mavrik Driver 10.5* (280yd)
  • Callaway GBB 3 wood (256yd)
  • Ping G25 17* Hybrid  (230yd)
  • Callaway AI Smoke 4Hybrid (set at 22* & replacement for the 4 iron) (208yd)
  • Callaway Apex Pro 19 (5 to A) Irons
  • Wilson Staff Dynapower SW (1975)
  • Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Wedge 60 Mid 10
  • Odyssey DXF Rossie Putter
  • Srixon Q-Star balls
  • Garmin Approach S60

Fabulous morning today.

I played spot onto my handicap,
and today I did it with a Jack Nicklaus style bag---
two woods, eleven irons, and a putter!

Jack, 1960s/1970s
driver
3-wood
1-9 irons
two wedges
putter.

Boomer, 2024
driver
Heavenwood
4-9 irons
five wedges
putter.

The last two days, I have played fairly well, at least for the most part. Aside from three horrible holes on Tuesday and just one bad drive out of 13 holes where I hit my driver yesterday, I would actually say that it was my best back-to-back driving days this year (only one of those three horrible holes on Tuesday had anything to do with the driver).

On Tuesday, my senior travel team played our final away match of the year prior to the playoffs, which start in early October. We played the toughest course among the 14 in our division (my home course has the same slope rating as this one from the mixed white/gold tees, but the team that we played against has the course set up more difficult, playing all 18 holes from the whites, which makes two of the par-4 holes play at more than 427 yards, which is just too much for senior golfers). I shot 85, with a triple and a quad bogey, plus I bogeyed the par-5 18th hole, where I was pin-high left of the green chipping for eagle. Unfortunately, my opponent, who carries a 20 handicap and whom I was giving 8 strokes, shot 91, and my bogey on 18 cost me 1.5 points in a 3-point match (a birdie would have earned 2 points, and a par would have gotten me 1.5).

The crazy thing about my Tuesday match was that on four par-4 holes, I lost each hole while making pars, and on a par-3 where I made a birdie we “pushed”, since my opponent parred the hole. On the 441-yard #1 handicap hole (a par-4), I was pin-high about 15’ left of the green, chipped to 2’ for a tap-in par only to lose the hole to a par by my opponent.

Yesterday, I played in a scramble (I am sure that I have mentioned many times that I hate scrambles!). This is an annual event that benefits several fine organizations, including Folds of Honor, so I try to play in it every year. My team only had three golfers because our fourth is facing double knee replacement surgeries, plus he just flew home from Spain on Tuesday night. We were told that we could rotate hitting a fourth tee shot among the three of us, but we generally passed on this because we had great drives in the fairways. In addition, we never used any “mulligans” and among the three of us we lost exactly one ball in 18 holes of play. The course is called “Five Ponds”, and each of those ponds, plus a couple of streams and some “environmental” marshland comes into play on a total of 9 holes.

We knew that it was going to be a good day yesterday when on our first hole my 261-yard drive in the middle of the fairway that left us a 53 yard approach shot was not the selected shot. The one younger guy (a 41 year old former Div 1 baseball player) hit a 324-yard drive in a greenside bunker, and it was in a perfect slightly uphill lie, so we decided to play from the bunker. I proceeded to blast my bunker shot to one foot for an easy birdie. The next hole, a dogleg-left 370-yard par-4 with tall trees guarding the dogleg, was even better. My two teammates both put their tee shots in decent positions (one in the fairway, leaving about 135-140 yards, the other just off the fairway). Because of this, I decided to try to cut the corner, which required a 245-yard carry. I easily did this, leaving us about 105-110 yards to the pin, resulting in another easy birdie. 11 more birdies followed and none of them were even in doubt, with virtually none of them requiring more than one or two of us to putt before holing-out. Finally, on our 13th hole of the day, we made our only par. However, I followed this up by holing a 103-yard gap wedge from the next fairway for an eagle. Then, to cap things off, our young stud made an albatross on the 16th hole that we played. On this 514-yard par-5, we were able to hit from the forward tees because we had made a team donation to Folds of Honor, so the hole was only playing about 455 yards. Our “young stud”  hit his tee shot to about 122 yards and he then clanked a 47* wedge off the flagstick and into the hole. We finished the round with two more birdies for a gross score of 51, good for 2nd place and a $300 cash prize. There was no way that we were going to win the net division because some teams were getting team handicaps of 10-16 strokes, while we were getting only 3 strokes.

Despite my great general dislike of scrambles, it has been an excellent couple of days on the golf course, and we even managed to avoid the tropical rainstorm that was forecast for our area this week!

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max, Newton Motion 4-Dot shaft

4W - Titleist TSR2, Newton Motion 4-Dot FW shaft

HYB - Sub 70 949X 21*, original HZRDUS Black 85-S shaft

7W (if played) - Titleist TSR, ACCRA TZ6 7S

Irons - Cobra King Forged Tec X, KBS TGI graphite shafts

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 47* (bent to 48*), 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100 Tour S

Putter - Evnroll ER10 ""Outback” Mallet

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus

Bags - Vessel / Ghost stand bags

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

Lots of short game practice has made this a strength; now the driver is causing problems!

Pretty rough one for the birthday round. Can't complain. Bad day at the course is better than a good day at work. 89 at a pretty tight course that was damp all over. 2 +4 holes back to back that really didn't help the ego at all. Just dumb little mistakes. 

Got another one this weekend looking to turn around the ball striking a bit. Hit it "okay". The pull miss is coming back which happens after a bit of time without playing. On to Saturday!

"We're weekend golfers. Of course we just buy gear off the racks and wonder why it doesn't work"

Without a doubt my best round of the year. No spectactular shots, just play a good ole round of boring golf. Station to station, hit greens, 2 putt. Would have been nice to drop a couple more birdies but cannot complain. This year has been the most I have ever played and practised and it has showed. After todays round my handicap dropped down to a 12.8 after being around 15 for most of the year.

Course was in pretty bad shape, most fairways were dead and hard as a rock, but allowed me to hit 3 wood off the tee, except for a couple holes I pulled driver

Here's hoping I can keep it going til the end of the season (weeks at most)

Screenshot 2024-09-19 153634.png

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS

3 wood - Callaway Rogue Max ST

5 wood - Ram

4 hybrid - Cobra T-rail

Irons (5-AW) - Taylormade Speedblade HL

Wedges, Taylormade Milled Grind 3 56

Putter: Taylormade Spider GT

Bag: Cobra cart bag

Balls: Taylormade TP5 Pix or Bridgestone E12 contact

Tracker: Arccos

Rounds are coming back around.  Just have to be more consistant from hole to hole.  

Driver Taylormade Stealth Plus- Fujikura Ventus Red Stiff Shaft

3W Titleist TS2- HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Shaft

4-PW Srixon MKII ZX5- KBS Tour lite stiff flex Shafts

56* and 60* Cleveland RTX4- Dynamic Gold S400 Stiff flex Shaft

SeeMore si3 mallet putter

1 hour ago, byantzi said:

Without a doubt my best round of the year. No spectactular shots, just play a good ole round of boring golf. Station to station, hit greens, 2 putt. Would have been nice to drop a couple more birdies but cannot complain. This year has been the most I have ever played and practised and it has showed. After todays round my handicap dropped down to a 12.8 after being around 15 for most of the year.

Course was in pretty bad shape, most fairways were dead and hard as a rock, but allowed me to hit 3 wood off the tee, except for a couple holes I pulled driver

Here's hoping I can keep it going til the end of the season (weeks at most)

Screenshot 2024-09-19 153634.png

Nice round! Congrats!

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

21 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Squeezed out 9 hole ls on the par3 course before GC duties .  1 birdie,  1 bogey, for even 27. Had alot of shots off to the right,  with no explanation . Had to chip on the green a couple of times to save par. Putting was just OK, but not great. 8 feet and in I was dialed. Unfortunately most of my putts were from 20 or 30 feet away. Ugh.

Took it to the range for a small bucket. Known what? Not a single right miss.  WtH!!

Well, all I can say is it was PTS. No trees on the range I suspect, means no ricochets. The right miss well that's because if I remember correctly, you took the noggin rocket just slightly left of center, golf is all about opposites right? But on the totally serious side, how are you doing? I trust no lingering headaches or eye floaties? Hope all is well Rob.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Played 9, very good score today. -1 (35). This is the 5th time this year that I've tied that score. On my 8th hole I realized that I had a chance to break it. Last hole is all uphill about 100 yards out from the green it takes an inverted "S" type shape with the fairway narrowing to 15 yds. 2 bunkers in the curved areas at 225. My drive landed just off the fairway, but doable. Challenge #1 met. Just as I get to my ball, challenge #2 pops on. Yep the sprinklers for the green starts up. I wedged in to 15 ft. It is a cross hill putt. Sprinklers still doing their thing I tried to time it as soon as the large stream passed. Trying to figure out the slope when I feel drops falling, no time I just let it go and follow the putt in. It managed to lip out, so I felt OK with the par. And yes, I did get blasted while I was retrieving my ball. Gotta love this game.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Well..today was the penultimate round before the club championship.  After a number of days breaking 80....in the wrong direction, today went much better.  

Front 9 included two doubles, a birdie, and a couple of bogies for an unspectacular 41.

On the back, however, things began to turn around.  One birdie, two bogies fora smooth 37.  Whew!  78!  Best round in a while.  Tomorrow, final round before the club championship this weekend.  

The big news, at least for me, was I seem to have found a "tour" type ball that works for me.  The Callaway Chrome Soft was stopping and even pulling back at times.  Feels so much like my beloved Supersoft, yet with more stopping power.  Lost a small bit of distance, which led to my weird front 9.  My approach shots weren't going where I thought they would.  On the back, I adjusted pretty well and got the job done.  

It is so difficult to find a golf ball that works for you.  I don't have the funds to buy box after box of every ball out there to test.  Further, I am not sure that "reviews" by others help me much.  My swing/game is so different than theirs that there is little correlation.  I have repeatedly tried the Titleist ProVs and found them difficult to play with.  Same holds true for many others.  I was lucky to find a Chrome Soft on the course and played a bit with it.  This led to buying a sleeve at the pro shop, and subsequently picking up a couple of dozen at a local store.  These will be my ball for the upcoming tournament.

Cobra LTDx one-length 6-SW

Cobra Aerojet 2,3,4,5 Hybrids--85g stiff shafts

Cobra F8 10.5* Driver 

Cleveland CBX 58* Wedge

Ping Anser2 G2 putter

Dedicated Walker

Didn’t play well today, only 9 and just couldn’t get the approach going. Putted well though.

IMG_6227.jpeg.d6b85e77eeb26a66f11b1d0155661fca.jpeg

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgParadym TD 9* or EPIC Max LS 10.5* or  Ping.png.bd9875c415de0caaf18165e81353fcba.png425LST 9* 

Woods: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpg Mini or TM.png.882c22efb861c87ad5aa6b2f88e9743f.png Mini BRNR

Hybrids: PXG.jpg.f43fb635ef9ee412fa814c0d924d1ee5.jpg3H, 4H, 5H 

Irons: NL.png.a16c1db32eb8495938c8958152d9be4c.png902PD 

Wedges: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegVokey SM10 48, 52, 56* 

Putter: SM.jpg.6ec6e268aa1364f355b3f10b9901b64e.jpgBlack MiniGiant 

Ball: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegPro V1X or Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgChrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

First time back on the course after a 2-3 month pause for vision problem.  Played poorly.  Twisted a back muscle in the shower getting ready for a 7:40 tee time, and it wouldn't let go or loosen up.  I enjoyed the 6 good shots and 3 good putts I made.  I do plan to start playing early morning 2-3 x weekly.  Hardly worth writing about but this is my primary social media.

#1  PXG 0211 10.5 deg, Evnflo Riptide CB 40 gram A flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr,  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram A flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1,    Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i 18 degree, Recoil 95 reg flex.

4 iron:  GFF Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree forged hollow body,  Aerotech Steelfiber 😍😃💥.

5 Hybrid: Mizuno (2017) JPX Fli-Hi wave tech, Recoil ESX 460 reg flex.

Irons: 6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil Smacwrap ES 760, reg flex.

Wedges: 2 x Mizuno S5 52/09.  1@ 50 deg, 1@ 54 deg; New (July 2024) Mizu ES 21, 58 x 08, jet black.

Chipper: Don Martin "Up n In" brass/bronze. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, with 2 piece Stroke Lab multi material shaft.🙃💘

40 minutes ago, alii1959 said:

Well..today was the penultimate round before the club championship.  After a number of days breaking 80....in the wrong direction, today went much better.  

Front 9 included two doubles, a birdie, and a couple of bogies for an unspectacular 41.

On the back, however, things began to turn around.  One birdie, two bogies fora smooth 37.  Whew!  78!  Best round in a while.  Tomorrow, final round before the club championship this weekend.  

The big news, at least for me, was I seem to have found a "tour" type ball that works for me.  The Callaway Chrome Soft was stopping and even pulling back at times.  Feels so much like my beloved Supersoft, yet with more stopping power.  Lost a small bit of distance, which led to my weird front 9.  My approach shots weren't going where I thought they would.  On the back, I adjusted pretty well and got the job done.  

It is so difficult to find a golf ball that works for you.  I don't have the funds to buy box after box of every ball out there to test.  Further, I am not sure that "reviews" by others help me much.  My swing/game is so different than theirs that there is little correlation.  I have repeatedly tried the Titleist ProVs and found them difficult to play with.  Same holds true for many others.  I was lucky to find a Chrome Soft on the course and played a bit with it.  This led to buying a sleeve at the pro shop, and subsequently picking up a couple of dozen at a local store.  These will be my ball for the upcoming tournament.

Finding a ball is tricky.  I never know from one day to the next.

#1  PXG 0211 10.5 deg, Evnflo Riptide CB 40 gram A flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr,  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram A flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1,    Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i 18 degree, Recoil 95 reg flex.

4 iron:  GFF Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree forged hollow body,  Aerotech Steelfiber 😍😃💥.

5 Hybrid: Mizuno (2017) JPX Fli-Hi wave tech, Recoil ESX 460 reg flex.

Irons: 6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil Smacwrap ES 760, reg flex.

Wedges: 2 x Mizuno S5 52/09.  1@ 50 deg, 1@ 54 deg; New (July 2024) Mizu ES 21, 58 x 08, jet black.

Chipper: Don Martin "Up n In" brass/bronze. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, with 2 piece Stroke Lab multi material shaft.🙃💘

Played pretty solid the back half of my round. Trying to figure out my driver, but recently a member mentioned he used his irons until he was confident in them, then moved on the his driver. That stuck with me, and half way through the round, I started teeing off with my 4 iron. Better results followed, and I’ll hesitate using my driver until I can get some lessons in. Hit a solid chip in from about 30 yards out on a par 5 to save par. Good to get out on a weekday afternoon.

IMG_2426.png

IMG_2425.jpeg

IMG_2423.jpeg

Edited by Mrich2021

IMG_0073.jpeg

IMG_0072.jpeg

:tour-edge: Bazooka Max D 10.5 Driver

:tour-edge: Bazooka Max D 3 wood

:callaway-small: Razr X 3 hybrid

Orlimar SF302 4I- PW

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 52/56/60

Played a round today with a regular partner, and we were paired up with another twosome we haven't played with before.

Weather here was another picture-perfect day, although we really need some rain, as the ground is very dry and hard, although the fairways had increased roll due to this.

A tale of 2 nines, as we followed a fivesome, although they did not hold up the course too bad on the front. I played extremely well on the front, but the back nine approach shots were purposely hit short to keep pace of play moving, as the fivesome was also being held up by a slower group in front of them.

Best shots of the day for me came on the same hole, a 350 yard par 4. Long drive of 292 yards, aided by some roll, and then a pitch from 48 yards to the flag to 3 feet, and made the birdie putt.

Short game saved me some strokes on my missed GIR's, so all in all a good day for me.

IMG_7355.jpg

IMG_7361.jpg

IMG_7362.jpg

IMG_7363.jpg

IMG_7365.jpg

IMG_7369.jpg

Screenshot 2024-09-19 200709.jpg

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist GT2 8 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Red & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :Nippon: Modus 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM9 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 5 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

2 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Played a round today with a regular partner, and we were paired up with another twosome we haven't played with before.

Weather here was another picture-perfect day, although we really need some rain, as the ground is very dry and hard, although the fairways had increased roll due to this.

A tale of 2 nines, as we followed a fivesome, although they did not hold up the course too bad on the front. I played extremely well on the front, but the back nine approach shots were purposely hit short to keep pace of play moving, as the fivesome was also being held up by a slower group in front of them.

Best shots of the day for me came on the same hole, a 350 yard par 4. Long drive of 292 yards, aided by some roll, and then a pitch from 48 yards to the flag to 3 feet, and made the birdie putt.

Short game saved me some strokes on my missed GIR's, so all in all a good day for me.

IMG_7355.jpg

IMG_7361.jpg

IMG_7362.jpg

IMG_7363.jpg

IMG_7365.jpg

IMG_7369.jpg

Screenshot 2024-09-19 200709.jpg

Nice round Rob and beautiful course!

Just now, William P said:

Nice round Rob and beautiful course!

Thanks Bill, I saw your post where your driver worked good for you as well! Kudos for that. 👍  ⛳

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist GT2 8 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Red & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :Nippon: Modus 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM9 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 5 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

@Dweed that explains everything! 😆 🤣 😂   I'm good. No concussion or other side effects that I am aware of.  Almost healed up now too thanks to bacitracin and antibiotic ointments.

@byantzi nice round!!!

WITB-