How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

After not playing for nearly 2 weeks, I had a pretty solid round, 82, I started out 4 over after 3 holes, that happens sometimes when you go from the trunk to the first tee, I settled in on hole 4, and played 6 over for the rest of the round including a few missed putts, although I did feel like I putted really well, we played our sister course which I haven't played very much, and the greens are tricky, so my buddy and I missed several putts that were just from not knowing the course and how the greens break. All in all it was a good day, had great time playing and the weather was excellent

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

My wife had to go to the club today for "orientation" so I grabbed my two little girls and played a quick nine. I am still killing the Alpha 815 with a nice high draw all day long. Finally found a head that works with the AD DI that I had so much hope for. Greens are growing in nicely and are more playable than they were last week. Ended up even par for 9 with 2 birds and two bogies, one of which came from the middle of the fairway with a wedge in my hand.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Played a match today, Foz and Barbajo vs. Matt F and I. I nipped Barbajo 36-37 on the front and they beat us in the match 2 down. The back nine wasn't as nice although we did beat them 2 up. Foz had me for a 76 but I think it was 77. No big deal I 3 putted 18 from 25 feet which cost us the win. We did have more poleys though. (Ask Foz) :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Ok I've got something I bet nobody has done recently. I went 0-14 on fairways today. Zero out of fourteen. It got to be a running joke throughout the round.

It was 50* and cloudy with 20mph winds out of the north. Tough conditions to say the least but I played even worse than that.

Worst round of the year 84. Also this was my first round putting crosshanded. Not sure if it will stick but we'll see.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Ok I've got something I bet nobody has done recently. I went 0-14 on fairways today. Zero out of fourteen. It got to be a running joke throughout the round.

It was 50* and cloudy with 20mph winds out of the north. Tough conditions to say the least but I played even worse than that.

Worst round of the year 84. Also this was my first round putting crosshanded. Not sure if it will stick but we'll see.

What's worse, that or hitting 13/14 and shooting 79 with 6 three putt bogies? In my defense, it was the first time this year that they double cut and rolled the greens, they went from about a 4 to a 12 and I was hitting it 10' past the all day.

Absolutely beautiful today, 63 sunny and just a slight breeze.  My wife and i went out late; 2:50 tee time.  We won't be doing that again, well except for tomorrow because I made the tee times mid-week.  Too many slow people on nice days.  

I shot 80 and my wife shot 85; if she had made a par on hole #3, she would have tied me.  That's right, she was +5 on that one hole.  She needs bunker work...   :P  Let's see if we can keep up the good rounds tomorrow.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The good news is you still hit it a long way.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Played in a pot of gold scramble yesterday. High 30s with snow and rain. Finished just good enough to not win the 2nd flight but I made a 20 footer for birdie on 18 that won us a $160 skin. Good news is that it will be on the 60s again on Wednesday.

The good news is you still hit it a long way.

Haha true enough I guess. 3 of them went a LONG LONG way... Out of bounds that is lol

What's worse, that or hitting 13/14 and shooting 79 with 6 three putt bogies? In my defense, it was the first time this year that they double cut and rolled the greens, they went from about a 4 to a 12 and I was hitting it 10' past the all day.

Well neither are something we should be proud of. Although your excuse is a little better than mine.

6 over after 12 holes when the rain started, canceled the morning game with 39 players.....but the afternoon dried up and was able to play 18 with Revkev, Mattf & Barbajo.........great fun, shot a 91.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

What a miserable day!!!  My wife and I had a 1:30 tee time today, and we were paired with two guys that were nice enough but were horrible golfers.  They both had tattoos all over both arms and legs, and one guy had his hat on backwards.   This guy could actually hit the ball pretty well... occasionally.  The other guy had a slice like that put the ball off the #2 tee in a pond that was on the other side of the #3 fairway; that's about 200 yards to the right.  Most every hole was like that; he didn't even try to play his slice, like he thought it was going to go straight each time.  Neither could putt; one guy had a 5-putt.  I quit watching.  If there was anywhere else to go we would have quit, but my wife was playing well so...  on we went.  She shot 85; I shot 84 with 2 triples.  They got under my skin.   :angry:

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I shot 76 on Sunday (par 71) which was a surprise considering I'm doing it on what amounts to a broken right knee.  An old military injury that required surgery at the time has flared back up and I'm pretty sure the ACL is completely gone and the part of the tibia that broke off in that injury may also be acting up again.  I wear a mechanical brace when I play.  It doesn't hurt to make a golf swing since the knee can handle the lateral action of the swing.  Its walking thats a problem.  Feels very willing to hyperextend if I let it.  That said I played pretty decent tee to green (12 GIR) but putted like a neanderthal - again.  Two 3-putt bogeys and a number of wasted very good looks at birdies on a day when my distance control from about 140 on in was as good as I can be.  But, going to the VA today to get the process started of getting this knee repaired.  I'm sure they'll be cutting on me sometime in the next few months and then I'll have to shut it down for a while.

I shot 76 on Sunday (par 71) which was a surprise considering I'm doing it on what amounts to a broken right knee.  An old military injury that required surgery at the time has flared back up and I'm pretty sure the ACL is completely gone and the part of the tibia that broke off in that injury may also be acting up again.  I wear a mechanical brace when I play.  It doesn't hurt to make a golf swing since the knee can handle the lateral action of the swing.  Its walking thats a problem.  Feels very willing to hyperextend if I let it.  That said I played pretty decent tee to green (12 GIR) but putted like a neanderthal - again.  Two 3-putt bogeys and a number of wasted very good looks at birdies on a day when my distance control from about 140 on in was as good as I can be.  But, going to the VA today to get the process started of getting this knee repaired.  I'm sure they'll be cutting on me sometime in the next few months and then I'll have to shut it down for a while.

Do we have circa 08 Tiger in our midst? haha

Yeah....no.  Wasn't Tiger's issue his left knee?  If my problem was with my left knee there is no way, no how I could play right now

Yep it was the left

Played at San Carlos, Fort Myers again today. Shot better than last week and better than last year with an 89.

http://https://www.golfpadgps.com/round/RBWM6G#1

Hit a monster wind assisted drive of 280 on one hole, but with the wind in your face it was at least 1 to 2 clubs longer, which sucked.

And, I've finally realised a dream...beat my father-in-law by 3 strokes. He was not having a good day!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

You don't need a lot of help from the wind to hit it 280 Matt, even down here. I was amazed at how much farther it went on Foz's course than on mine when I Played the next day, Sunday. Our fairways are pretty moist compared to his, it's pretty much all carry. Conversely our greens are much drier and firmer. Still I shot 78 on a windier day and a much more difficult course 70.8/131 vs 69/122. I was getting it up and down on Sunday. I also noticed that the new B330 RX spins better around the green than the old one. Also those Wilson Duo Urethane's spin well.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Went back to my old club today as a guest. Forgot how much I hated the place. I was low shooter with a 96, yep, 96. First rule of Eastlake: you gotta hit the fairways. Second rule of Eastlake: you gotta hit the fairways. The holes are all lined with woods. If you miss, you have no choice but punch out, basically a penalty shot. I've been hitting driver great, but forgot how today until the back 9. Putting was actually pretty good, considering the speed. What also got me was the sand: fluffy and deep. I'm used to scraping my SW off the clay beneath a quarter inch of grit. Today my ball mark left a 6" deep hole I needed a backhoe to fill. It was a beautiful sunny day with good company, though, and I finally hit some solid shots on the back.

Walked nine again yesterday, was pretty windy, but otherwise nice for March in OH. My driver is an absolute adventure this spring - not going to be matching last fall's scores until that gets solved. Just don't seem to have any feel for it, on the range or the course. Trying to get a lesson scheduled to get my swing back on the improvement track. 

FYI: I just changed my username for the forum. When I signed up I created one "on the spot", but didn't care for it much. So greengrassdreams is now jrmull (parts of my name).

WITB:
Driver: Cobra King LTD
Fairway: Ping G25 (3)
Hybrid: Ping i25 (22 degree)
Crossover: Ping G 5
Irons: Ping i25 (5 -PW)
Wedges: Bridgestone J15 forged 50 and 55 degree
Putter: Cleveland TFi Elevado w/ Winn Pro grip.

Played 18 each of the last two days first time on the home course this year. Monday 104 with 8 penalty strokes. yesterday much better 83 more consistent and zero penalties. Still have a long way to go to get the game back in shape. Putting is looking better than the past so that should help in the long run. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Shot 88 today. Still getting my driver straightened out. Was much better towards the end of the round after a simple setup change. Everything else was decent.

Our greens are rolling at 12 right now and the pin locations are borderline sadistic.

Finished with birdies on 17 and 18 so I'm happy with that. Just need to make some better decisions.

Shot 88 today. Still getting my driver straightened out. Was much better towards the end of the round after a simple setup change. Everything else was decent.

Our greens are rolling at 12 right now and the pin locations are borderline sadistic.

Finished with birdies on 17 and 18 so I'm happy with that. Just need to make some better decisions.

Hey jbill - you're a lefty, aren't you?

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Hey jbill - you're a lefty, aren't you?

Go ahead. Let's hear it.

Nothing to hear - but PM me your address. Bridgestone accidentally gave me two gloves for a left handed golfer. Figured you could use them.

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Nothing to hear - but PM me your address. Bridgestone accidentally gave me two gloves for a left handed golfer. Figured you could use them.

Oh lol excellent. I thought you I was getting ready to hear a "you're standing on the wrong side of the ball" comment.

Oh lol excellent. I thought you I was getting ready to hear a "you're standing on the wrong side of the ball" comment.

Not from me - I'm half left handed myself!!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

That's right, I was expecting the same thing Jbil, I was ready to back you up. My favorite is that we are always in our right mind.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Go ahead. Let's hear it.

Screenshot_2016-03-23-20-23-12.png

OK, interesting day today.  Sunny, but a little cool with the usual 15-20 mph wind.  Front nine... even par thru 6; ended up with a 43.  Highlight was a sandy par from a bunker 25 yards from the green.  Back nine... 38.  Highlight was a 20 yard flop shot over a bunker to a tight pin and 6 footer for par.  I love my SCORs!!!

My reshafted MacGregor VIPs played well, except for a 5i that got away from me on the par 3 15th playing 155 into the wind.  Pushed it right of the greenside bunker, but that flop shot saved me.  I've shot better than 81, but also much worse.  For a windy day I'll take it.