Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Back to earth today.  Last round 12 days ago was a real, real solid 81 for me.  Got an email this am from the game czar that we had a frost delay, projected start 11:30, but check with pro shop.  Hour later, called pro shop, projected start 12:25.  Drove up to bag drop at 11:15.  "oh, a few groups dropped out, you're on the tee in 10 to 15 minutes.  So, no range, 3 or 4 putts to warm up, and tee off.

Plus, first round with the new irons.  Guess what--double, bogie, triple, bogie, triple.  After 5 holes,10 over par, one more over par than my entire last round.  Three horrible sand shots, two bladed chips (did I mention I hadn't played in almost 2 weeks?), but no real bad full shots, just slight tugs that got unlucky results.  

Sixth hole, number 1 handicap (think Stadium 18-reversed), dead into the wind.  Good drive, beautiful 5 iron, made long putt, birdie!!  Won both gross and net skins with that one! Then par, par (ok, got it going).  Then unlucky double, unluckily double, par, bad chip double, double, then bogies and a par until 18, #2 handicap hole.  Good drive, another beautiful 5 iron.  Birdie!!  another gross and net skin on that one!  A 92 with only one or two really bad full swings.  Sand killed me (at least 6 strokes), slight pulls most of the day hurt me.  But several real quality hits with the new irons.  Going to love them, I think.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

My wife and I played both Sat and Sun this weekend.  It was sunny and 55* with just a slight breeze; no coat needed!  I didn't keep score because we played with another couple that we have played with off and on since last year.  Lots of chit-chat.  They are also.....  not good.  I've tried to make just a couple of suggestions for the guy, but he is worse than I ever was when I started playing golf.  He takes the suggestions and really tries, but everything about his swing is wrong.  He needs lessons... from a pro... not me!  But it was nice to get out in some nice weather for a change.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

No golf today since we got our first winter storm of the season yesterday. Did get to borrow some new equipment to play around with today.

Someone on your street actually has a front end loader?

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Someone on your street actually has a front end loader?

I borrowed it from a friend of mine that owns an equipment business. I figured I was getting a bobcat....I was wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Nice mistake to have! Now, did you do all of the neighbours as well?

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Nice mistake to have! Now, did you do all of the neighbours as well?

I took care of the people that needed some help.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

I was going to put this post under the Course Management thread but it's too embarrassing.

This morning when I got up it was 28* and clear.  I thought once the sun came up and it warmed up a little, it would be a good day to play.  I was still sore from walking 18 each day this weekend, but wanted to get out anyway.  I figured the course was closed for frost so headed out about noon.  They actually opened earlier than I thought, and the 3 guys I  play with occasionally were on #7 so I chipped and putted until they made the turn, then joined them.  I had one birdie on the par 3 #12, but had a bad decision on #14 (see Course Management thread) and made bogey on an easy hole.  But the story here is the 9 I made on the par 5 #18.  

Last week I reshafted my 4W.  It feels different and I am not quite used to it.  I have hit some good shots with it, but my miss is to the right.  #18 has sand and water all along the right side out to 175 yards.  My 4W from the fairway missed the fairway and ended up in the bunker 125 to the pin.  The shot to the green is all over sand.  Never in my life have I ever had 5 shots out of the same bunker!!  I have no trouble getting out of the greenside bunkers, but on my new course, this is the first time I have hit out of that fairway bunker.  I need to practice that shot.   :wacko:

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I can't believe I just shot a smokin' hot 77! I'm a 13 hc, struggled wth hosel rockets for 2 years, going thru two PGA teachers, was ready to quit this game a few months ago. Got out early today. Worked on trying to do the same pre-shot routine every shot. Hit 10/14 fwys, 5/18 gir, 10 x 1-putts and no 3-putts. 1 bird, 11 pars 6 bogies on a 6446 yd Par 72 course. Get this: 24 total putts, 12 a side. I think the longest was 15 feet. My 60* LW was great. Up and down for par 6 times. The new M1 hit 9/12 fwys, usually around 240. Irons were pretty good with no terrible contacts, just pulls mostly. The 60* Vokey was great. I added my score on the front, 40, but had no idea how I stood on the back until it was over. Bogied the last 2, including a missed 5-footer, or I would have shot even par on the back.

I can't believe I just shot a smokin' hot 77! I'm a 13 hc, struggled wth hosel rockets for 2 years, going thru two PGA teachers, was ready to quit this game a few months ago. Got out early today. Worked on trying to do the same pre-shot routine every shot. Hit 10/14 fwys, 5/18 gir, 10 x 1-putts and no 3-putts. 1 bird, 11 pars 6 bogies on a 6446 yd Par 72 course. Get this: 24 total putts, 12 a side. I think the longest was 15 feet. My 60* LW was great. Up and down for par 6 times. The new M1 hit 9/12 fwys, usually around 240. Irons were pretty good with no terrible contacts, just pulls mostly. The 60* Vokey was great. I added my score on the front, 40, but had no idea how I stood on the back until it was over. Bogied the last 2, including a missed 5-footer, or I would have shot even par on the back.

That's awesome! Where did you play? We have to get out again the next time Bayou has a special.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Aaargh.  10 days after a very solid 81 (for me), all of a sudden couldn't make a good swing on the ball today.  Everything, pulls, huge slices, thins, muffed chips, 3 putts.  I think I hit only 1 quality shot on the front nine.  Somehow, I made two pars to offset two of the four doubles, limping to a 47.  Double the 10th and 14th, squeaking out a par on 11.  THEN, finally, found my swing and parred the next four holes, missing a couple of makeable birdie putts, before 3 putting 18 with a very difficult pin position.  Ballstriking over the last 5 holes was like 400% better than the first 13. Every shot was a quality one.  And, I'm not sure at all what I did different.  Second nine was a 42 after the two early doubles.  Go figure.  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I played WeKoPa Saturday and it was an adventure. I hit about 3-4 hosel rockets, 3-4 dead push fades with the driver and had about 3-5 pars. The interesting fact was I could tear up the course for a hole or two, then would hit a disaster hole or two. Pushed my final score about 90, but I was playing a lot better than I have in weeks past. I'm hoping the trend continues.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Well... Played Sunday for the first time in a while. It was surprisingly nice out after being awful Thursday through Saturday. Started off well enough shooting 34 on the front. And then there was the back... 47... Yea lots not talk about that.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Played sat week at a course I consider to be one of the toughest in San Diego. I have never shot better then 78 there. I was -1 through 10 and then the wheels fell of and I ended up with a 79. So frustrating but I also felt really good about parts of my game. I only hit 7 greens and got in and down 8 times.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

It was an OK day here.  Actually had 2.5 holes with sunshine.  High was 44*.  I walked nine holes and shot 41 (par 37).  I found a newly new ProV1, so decided to play it instead of the Snell.  I still like the ProV1;  I hit some very good drives with it, but after 7 holes, it looks like crap.  Back to the Snell.  Tomorrow it's supposed to be 55* but with 20 mph wind.  Maybe I'll see how my wind game survived the winter.

Snow melted off and it hit 60 today, so I was able to sneak in 18. Hit it pretty poorly, but I was excited to be playing again. 81. Meh.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Nobody would hit the ball very well with my winter gear:

cane, back brace, lumbar steroid epidural, ice bag, liniment cream, three new pill bottles to go with the usual eight, and finally, vodka/Tabasco/V8 comfort drink to wash them all down. 

It's hard to hit the ball straight when I can't get myself straight first.  Also, the vodka/oxy combo takes a little edge off my concentration.  You can probably tell from my posts.

Enjoy yourselves, you lucky twelve month linksters.  I can be "jealous of" and "happy for" at the same time.

How's the back coming along Nifty? 

@High Fade sometimes being able to play trumps shooting a good score.  :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm so sick of this back pain that I went to an Arabic restaurant tonight, specifically to give the jihadists the opportunity to poison me.  Instead, the damned place was run by Lebanese Catholics and I had to settle for a tasty meal.  I can't catch a break.

Oh well, there's boxing on HBO tonight so that should help a little.

Nobody would hit the ball very well with my winter gear:

cane, back brace, lumbar steroid epidural, ice bag, liniment cream, three new pill bottles to go with the usual eight, and finally, vodka/Tabasco/V8 comfort drink to wash them all down. 

It's hard to hit the ball straight when I can't get myself straight first.  Also, the vodka/oxy combo takes a little edge off my concentration.  You can probably tell from my posts.

Enjoy yourselves, you lucky twelve month linksters.  I can be "jealous of" and "happy for" at the same time.

Maybe you should try a Wisconsin Bloody Mary...

Wisconsin Bloody Mary.jpg

It was a cold windy day today, but it was the weekend, which means my wife gets to play golf.  Maybe some day she will retire.  I had an OK round until #9 where I took a double; that gave me a 43 on the par 37 front side and dropped me into a tie with my wife.  But I dusted her on the back with an uninspiring 41 that included two more doubles.  I don't like playing in the cold anymore.  Officially, the age for moving south for the winter is 68.  I was fine last year at age 67.

So, I went through the round in my head, 6/7 fairways on the front 1/9 greens hit, 6/7 fairways on the back 2/9 greens hit so the entire round wasn't a wash, I just couldn't hit a full iron shot at all, with any club, it didn't matter if it was 5 iron on down to the 58* wedge! I chipped and putted well, so I saved some shots that way, but ball striking was non existent.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

In recent years, I've cultivated a very useful habit.

Unless my round was something about which to really brag,

I'll have forgotten about it before my car reaches the end of the club's driveway.

Admittedly, this is no good at all for those of you who still maintain hope of improving.

Someday, however, you'll reach the time when this could be a useful talent to acquire.

Played horrible on Saturday........45/46=91......Weather was cool, in the 50's to low 60's...I was trying a Fly Z+ driver with the weight forward......just did not connect on all of the drives....I am sure most of it was my swing.....I was playing with a very sore shoulder so that jerked my swing a bit.........plus put 2 in the lake on a short dogleg with my 3 wood.  Will be trying it with the weight in the rear this week. I need to know the difference in adapter settings between the Bio Cell and the Fly Z+.....I understand there is about a 1* difference.  Does anybody know for sure?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Maybe you should try a Wisconsin Bloody Mary...

attachicon.gifWisconsin Bloody Mary.jpg

I like it......san you send me the recipe so i can these setup at my club?......LOL

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• SPY VIP

First round of men's club this past weekend. First GHIN tournament ever.

Shot 92 :(

The upside of this number was:

• couldn't hit a put inside of 6 feet. Couple holes went from birdy putt to bogey. Like 3 of them.
  • carded a 10 on a par 4 hole. Bad swings, bad sand breaks, and a skee-ball pin placement. First 10 ever, and I was lucky enough to get to turn in the card after.

I feel like I gave away 8-10 strokes, so not totally discouraged by the 92... Nerves, and putting, will be better next month.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

More of the same, 14/14 fairways, yay, 3 greens, 5 bunkers, BOO, I did get some simple advice from our assistant club pro after the round, so I will put that to use next round, shot 85, after doubling the first 2 holes. I S...... A 9 iron Into the woods from 135 on 1, had the same yardage on 2 and almost did the same thing, and I left myself a simple chip from left of the cart path, then, chipped it into the side of the cart path and it went backwards and into the woods, it was a great start

Lefties are always in their Right Mind