Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I read snapped the 54's :).

I should be on the range but came home from church totally exhausted. My wife told me she didn't sleep well last night so that's probably it, I don't generally sleep well when she doesn't.

Kev, sorry, I don't understand "read snapped"?

We had a great day today. Sunny and cool, blue sky without a cloud. But best of all, for some unknown reason there was nobody in front of us for the first 12 holes.

Sorry you didn't sleep well.

Kev, sorry, I don't understand "read snapped"?

We had a great day today. Sunny and cool, blue sky without a cloud. But best of all, for some unknown reason there was nobody in front of us for the first 12 holes.

Sorry you didn't sleep well.

I'm paraphrasing to help explain. He read your "swapped the 54s out" as "snapped the 54s in half."

As for my round today. Super windy day in the low 70s. Wind averaged 18mph today. Overall pretty good. 73 with 1 double, 4 bogeys, 3 birdies and an eagle. I consider my 73 today much better than my 73 yesterday bc this was from the tips and the wind was super strong. Wish I could've had about 3 swings back though.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Another great front nine, followed by a downward spiral to a crash and burn finish yesterday, 42/49:91. Then today, I had a 43/44:87, only 4 stroke but it's 4 strokes.! Chipping much better today but had a 3 and a 4 putt hole today.

Next week is the two day club championship.....just wish I could get off this week to play an extra round.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Another great front nine, followed by a downward spiral to a crash and burn finish yesterday, 42/49:91. Then today, I had a 43/44:87, only 4 stroke but it's 4 strokes.! Chipping much better today but had a 3 and a 4 putt hole today.

Next week is the two day club championship.....just wish I could get off this week to play an extra round.

Funny how getting into the 80s improves our moods, right? That's probably why I can't go lower.

Bad day today.  Got off to a good start with only one bogey through 7 holes, but bogeyed 8 and doubled 9.  Then the wind picked up; 20-30mph with higher gusts.  It might have been OK but it was from a different direction than the normal wind for this time of the year.  I had a hard time picking clubs, and I was in unfamiliar spots off the tee.  Four doubles and two more bogeys on the back nine.  Ugly!!  

Tomorrow is the last day of "no post" play.  GHIN posting starts Tuesday March 1.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Rough day weekend for me. Shot around 100 Saturday. Weird day. I felt like I was playing well-- just couldn't score. Around the greens I was atracious and then my putting was woeful. Sunday was more of hte same, although the first 8 holes were great and the wheels fell of on 17. Shot a 92, but was on track to beat 90 but somehow hooked a wedge into the water and then chipped one into the hill....which rolled into the water. 

On the plus side, my driver is getting back to being not just useful but my best weapon. My chipping and putting is what is killing me right now.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

With my Club Championship tourney coming up this Sat & Sun, I skipped out of work at noon to go play. Weather was georgeous Sunny and mid 70's so I called one of my Buddies and we made a tee time for 2:00. 2 birdies, 10 pars, 4 bogies, 1 double & 1 triple later, I am staring at back to back 39's for a 78! That's right, I shot a 78 today. Played a Wilson Duo all day, lost it once in the lake but got it back(1 stroke penalty yielded a double). Birdies were #9 & #10, also back to back. This was supposed to be practice round, but turned into a Nassau with garbage versus my buddy. My drives were almost perfect, most of my approaches were pin high. Usually they were 8 iron or 49* wedge. Overall, it was a great afternoon (took $3.50 off my buddy) and Judy met me for dinner in the Pub.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

With my Club Championship tourney coming up this Sat & Sun, I skipped out of work at noon to go play. Weather was georgeous Sunny and mid 70's so I called one of my Buddies and we made a tee time for 2:00. 2 birdies, 10 pars, 4 bogies, 1 double & 1 triple later, I am staring at back to back 39's for a 78! That's right, I shot a 78 today. Played a Wilson Duo all day, lost it once in the lake but got it back(1 stroke penalty yielded a double). Birdies were #9 & #10, also back to back. This was supposed to be practice round, but turned into a Nassau with garbage versus my buddy. My drives were almost perfect, most of my approaches were pin high. Usually they were 8 iron or 49* wedge. Overall, it was a great afternoon (took $3.50 off my buddy) and Judy met me for dinner in the Pub.

One of these days you won't have to play hookey   ;)

Congratulations on the great round.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Good work Foz, let us know how the club championship goes.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I actually did make a change....I went back to my Cobra Bio Cell driver with the Paderson Kinetix shaft. I had 13/14 Fairways.  I had been playing with the Fly Z+ and was not getting every drive in the fairway.....causing me to scramble.  I had more distance with the weight in the back, but it just was not a consistent drive.  The Bio Cell was absolutely consistent, hole after hole.

My irons were solid(11 GIR's).  I paid attention to my setup and tended to straighten up more before I moved to my backswing.  I think this brought the clubface back to the ball straight and allowed for the much better approach shots.

If anything, my putting was off (33 putts) I burned the edge of the cup on at least 5 birdie putts, one which turned into a bogey. Playing in the afternoon, the greens were dry and much faster than when I normally play in the mornings.

So now that I know I can do it, I will be looking for much lower scores this Spring.

I actually did make a change....I went back to my Cobra Bio Cell driver with the Paderson Kinetix shaft. I had 13/14 Fairways.  I had been playing with the Fly Z+ and was not getting every drive in the fairway.....causing me to scramble.  I had more distance with the weight in the back, but it just was not a consistent drive.  The Bio Cell was absolutely consistent, hole after hole.

My irons were solid(11 GIR's).  I paid attention to my setup and tended to straighten up more before I moved to my backswing.  I think this brought the clubface back to the ball straight and allowed for the much better approach shots.

If anything, my putting was off (33 putts) I burned the edge of the cup on at least 5 birdie putts, one which turned into a bogey. Playing in the afternoon, the greens were dry and much faster than when I normally play in the mornings.

So now that I know I can do it, I will be looking for much lower scores this Spring.

Now that you know you can do it, you will be doing it much more often.  It's mental game.

I went out today after being off for a couple weeks, it was more of a fun friendly round with a couple guys but I needed to figure out how to hit a iron, the guys decided to play the tips 6900 yards, played over 7000, tees back pins back, front 9 was atrocious, 7 doubles, 2 bogeys, easy breezy 52. back 9, 3 bogeys, 6 pars, cool 39, yes that's 91, with a 52-39. What, how does this happen, I don't know, but I left happy

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Shot 76 today, played really well, except for one shot, 8i on 16, par three 167 hit it really fat, lost ball, double. 2 birdies, even par 36 on the back nine.

That's good shootin'

Remind me not to play you for money.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

That's good shootin'

Remind me not to play you for money.

13/14 fairways, 9/18 greens, bunker play was good, chipping was awesome, putting was average, had 9 birdie chances, 7 of which were inside 12 feet, I didn't make any of those 7, the only birdie putt I made was 25 feet on 17, and I chipped in in 13 for my other birdie, with the greens firming up and the dormant tight lie Bermuda, I started chipping old school with an actual PW. Who knew, it works.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Today was the first day of the two day club championship. Our championship us held in the winter as we have a lot of snowbirds playing. I was 8/24 fairways , 5 GIRs and 33 putts. Not as good as Thursday bit okay as I played my handicap (19). Tomorrow will be breakfast, the final round , then a streak dinner. I was hindered by my sciatic nerve today which kept me from a full swing and bending over. Hopefully it will be okay tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My wife and I played today and posted our first scores of the year in GHIN.  It was also the first time ever that she beat me over 18 holes;  84 to my 85.  She is an 18 HCP and this was her best score ever.  It was a mediocre round for me.  I told her last year that she would beat me one of these days.  I just didn't know that it would happen so soon!!

Day 2 of the Pebble Creek club championship...again started off with a snowman on #17 then smoothed out with a 42 on the front followed by 45 on the back. With my 19 Hcap, I finished 71/68 for 3rd place. I had four Pars in a row(9-12) then nosedived with an 8 on par 5 and finished the day on #16 with a Birdie! Overall, not bad, just had a couple stinkers each day that kept me from getting the coveted parking space for a year. 11/14 fairways, 8 GIRs and 35 putts. I was only 3 strokes off the runner -up so i took 3rd.

Shot 83 yesterday with 2 doubles and a quad. Yep, a quad. First tee shot OB. Chunked my 4th in the fairway. 5th into the water. Chipped 7 and putted 8.

Working through a few slight changes in my setup. Ball striking is much better. Ultimately, I still could've shot in the 70s with some better scrambling.

On the agenda for the year is spending 80% of my practice time on the short game.

Shot 83 yesterday with 2 doubles and a quad. Yep, a quad. First tee shot OB. Chunked my 4th in the fairway. 5th into the water. Chipped 7 and putted 8.

Working through a few slight changes in my setup. Ball striking is much better. Ultimately, I still could've shot in the 70s with some better scrambling.

On the agenda for the year is spending 80% of my practice time on the short game.

Isn't that an up & down?  That's good!!  "Everybody likes a good up & down."

Day 2 of the Pebble Creek club championship...again started off with a snowman on #17 then smoothed out with a 42 on the front followed by 45 on the back. With my 19 Hcap, I finished 71/68 for 3rd place. I had four Pars in a row(9-12) then nosedived with an 8 on par 5 and finished the day on #16 with a Birdie! Overall, not bad, just had a couple stinkers each day that kept me from getting the coveted parking space for a year. 11/14 fairways, 8 GIRs and 35 putts. I was only 3 strokes off the runner -up so i took 3rd.

Great scores! Congrats!

I have played PC a few times, and never broke 90. It's a tough course. Is #5 the Par 4 with a narrow fairway with houses on both sides, usually wind in your face, and a forced carry over water to an undulating green?

After 6 rounds in the 90s, finally shot an 85 today. 8 pars, including 5x Up & Down. Some unbelievable putts on grain from 10-15 feet. 8/14 fwys, only 3 gir. 30 putts, including 13 on the front. Windy day. Trying to work on my balance, but still getting used to not swinging out of my shoes. Hit fat x5, so need to work on my contact.

In the interest of full disclosure, today I shot 49+51 for an even 100. It was a 3-club wind. Here are my drive distances: 253, 204(4i), 175, 253, 165, 192, 215, 240, 238, 185. I teed it low into the wind and hit 8/14 fwys, 3 gir, 32 putts. A lot of good pitches from 30-70 yds. Irons were again disappointing. But the rest of my game is pretty good. Switching back to the JPX EZ Forged.

Got out yesterday for 18, first full round of the year. Took my boys - shot something around 100, no feel for chipping and putting, but did hit my irons nicely for the most part - that's something I've been working to improve, so that was encouraging. 74 degrees and sunny, we had a lot of fun!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457555654.681012.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB:
Driver: Cobra King LTD
Fairway: Ping G25 (3)
Hybrid: Ping i25 (22 degree)
Crossover: Ping G 5
Irons: Ping i25 (5 -PW)
Wedges: Bridgestone J15 forged 50 and 55 degree
Putter: Cleveland TFi Elevado w/ Winn Pro grip.

44-44 yesterday. Terrible. Couldn't hit my driver, chip, or putt. So basically nothing. Did hit my irons and wedges we'll though. Headed to the range today.

Played my first round of the year today and also the first round as a member of my club. Course was not in bad shape at all for March in NY and especially considering we had snow on the ground two weeks ago. Played a round with 10 new clubs in the bag that arrived at my house last night. Drove it great with the exception of the 3 wood I blocked dead right OB on #2. Made a nice birdie on 13 thank to the fescue being cut down otherwise my tee ball was dead. Finished with a three over 74 and not a bad day for the first time out.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

A little range time this afternoon then a quick 9 at the club. Shot a 3 over 39. Really happy with how I played after yesterday. Playing again tomorrow.

Played yesterday with 3 guys from my club.  Shot 43/39 for 82 with 2 doubles and a triple; triple on the back nine.  I really am getting tired of playing in wind every day.  

What a difference a day off and different irons make! After shooting 100 Wednesday, I shot +9 and +6 for 87 on our South course. I figured something out with the driver and hit 11/14 fwys. Two drives over 250. The wind was howling. On #4, ball took off straight, put on a right blinker and made a hard turn, flying over 200 yards off course before it headed over the swamp on its way to South America. Played the EZ Forged and hit 6/18 gir, back to my average. The greens on the South are like a pool table compared to the North, which is like putting on stucco.