MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Best round of Spring with an 83 on a par 70 course.  Spending time getting to know my new "Home Course," since I hadn't played it in a couple of years.

Struggling to control my fairway wood, which I hit great when I "groove" on the range, but can't always hit it consistently on the course.  

Spent the morning working on bunker play and managed to get out of the one I managed to hit into while playing.

Finally got settled on my wedges and put the 53* SCOR back in the bag.  Love the Edel (which wasn't fitted for me, just an eBay pickup since I wanted to try one), but the SCOR is a better fit for my gaps and more flexible for me around the green.  For a wedge I wasn't fitted for, and is likely the wrong grind for me, I was pretty impressed and would still like to get an Edel fitting when I visit the Twin Cities in the future.

Absolutely LOVE what the Paderson shaft has done for my consistency off the tee.  GPS showed my very first (ever) 250 yard drive (wind WAS behind me - lol) and I used a lob wedge on my approach on the 355 yard par 4.  If I hadn't been so excited, I might have made my 8 foot birdie putt. - lol

Play out of town tomorrow with a friend on a Links style course, which is considered one of the tougher courses in the area, then my Home Course again on Thursday.

We've FINALLY got some golf weather!!! ;)

93 and a 86......all I did was change drivers from Bio-Cell to Powerbilt AFO. Gave me better fairway position and enabled me to get a better look at the greens. Yesterday was 44/49 and today was 41/45.

Putting was pretty good considering the freshly punched greens. They were sanded and rolled, so they are running pretty fast.

65 last weekend during a scramble (obviously my team score). Everyone played great. I sank 2 25'+  birdie putts. Followed that up with a 92 on Friday and a 95 today. I'm not playing my best golf scoring wise BUT I'm probably hitting the ball the best I've hit it in years. This year i've decided to take my game a bit more seriously. I'm swinging the club extremely well however I'm having to learn how to play the course all over again. I was always a cut or fade player and played it well but had really reached a plateau. Well now I'm dead straight to almost a baby draw player. Heres to hoping I can get things right the next couple weeks and get back down to my mid 80's score with goal of breaking 80 by the end of the year. 

• Like 1

Putting was better, but hit a few squirrelly shots during the round, I counted 11 shots that I consider to be unforced errors, some were judgment errors, some were simple execution errors, shot 85. I know that I won't and can't eliminate all the errors, I can eliminate some. Example. Par 5 number 12, hit a good drive, middle of fairway 240 away, there is a gulch at about 220, so the play is layup and leave somewhere between 110-100. So I only need to hit a shot that flies about 120, with a bounce or two it will be perfect, so I grab the 50 degree, easy shot, nope dig a ditch and hit about 20 yards. Horrible unforced error that can be fixed. Those are the types of errors that I am talking about

What an ugly round this weekend. 91, and the two bright spots in the round both came as a result of making shots that were preceded by the phrase 'f*** it'. Horrible mishit on the 7th tee left an obscenely low percentage shot back to the FW through a stand of trees. Ended up make a par 4 because not only did it get through, it then bounced over the sand trap to leave an ease up and down chip and putt.  Then by the time 16 rolled around, the live dangerous high risk high reward shot, over the trees on the dogleg left, not only cleared the trees, but landed softly just off the green for a nice chip & putt to a birdie 3. 

That said, I did manage to get through a day without a single left duck hook. All of the mishits today came in the form of tops or skulls.

I was able to get to play 2 rounds on Saturday, one was my own ball, the other was captains choice, and I remembered something while I was playing, and that is that I can actually play golf, and I'm pretty good at it, I think somewhere along the way I was getting so analytical with my game I forgot that I can play, I am hoping that I can remember this more often, and that my score and attitude while playing improve.

• Like 3

I was able to get to play 2 rounds on Saturday, one was my own ball, the other was captains choice, and I remembered something while I was playing, and that is that I can actually play golf, and I'm pretty good at it, I think somewhere along the way I was getting so analytical with my game I forgot that I can play, I am hoping that I can remember this more often, and that my score and attitude while playing improve.

Like Like Like

Getting analytical is so easy to do.  I spend time on the range working on certain shots. When I go to play, I am STILL thinking about the shots on the range.  Gotta let go.

• Like 1

I played during the weekend. Shot 98 and played the same course and shot 90.

Hit two bombs of putts one on each day.

Still have about 4-5 trouble holes I need to figure out but I parred this devilish par 5 on the back that usually gives me fits.

How you shoot 4 birdies and can't break 90 either day just shows how a few bad holes can screw up a scorecard.

After struggling with a few rounds in the mid-upper 80s I saw my instructor and his words were simple. Slow down. Tempo and balance. I was way over swinging. Played today and shot 41-40 for an 81. 9 pars and 9 bogeys. I'll take a round with no doubles but still searching for that elusive 79. Ultimately it once again came down to my short game.

Played from the second to back set of tees at my course, rating is 74, slope 140. Shot 82 with 5 three putts. I think I need to be up a set of tees. :). The tips are 75.2 144 BTW for anyone who is interested.

Honestly I just didn't putt or chip well, haven't been playing or practicing, throw in an unfamiliar course with fast greens ( they said 13) and I got what I earned.

• Like 1

83, with count them, 5 double bogeys, but on a good note, I putted extremely well.

Played 45 today.. Won a team best ball the 1st 18. Shot 91 on the 2nd 18. Shot 37 on the last 9. #struggleisreal when I can't get the ball into the fairway. Tooooo many penalties today!

Can't play this weekend. Stupid Colorado. We got 7 inches of snow last night! Temps will return to normal by next weekend tho.

I finally feel like my swing is coming together. It hasn't felt this good in over two years. Repeatable and solid. It's gonna be a good year....

• Like 1

A very deserved 97. Played like an arse and the tendonitis pain kicked in at about the 4th...forgot to put Biofreeze on my arm.

Spring allergies kicked in a week and a half ago, leading to a sinus infection...

Hoping to be back on my feet and on a course later this week...

Spring allergies kicked in a week and a half ago, leading to a sinus infection...

Hope you feel better. @High Fade I hardly know how to respond to your post. It's 90 here today.

• Like 1

Another day, another few strokes away from breaking 80. I think it's bad that I have more confidence hitting a green with my 3W than hitting a pitch or chip to 5 feet. The only bright side of my short game has been my bunker play.

Hope it doesn't last too long. My allergies start to kick in next month when the temps get over 100. Not looking forward to it.

Went out to play after the great tournament today. My wife and I hooked up with another couple that we know but haven't played with them before. They are relatively new to the game but really like to play. I don't play very well under those circumstances and I didnt disappoint myself! Couldn't hit the driver very well at all, but I did impress them with a nice lob shot with my 50 over some very tall trees onto the green from 40 out. I have tried this shot many times with my 54 and while I can hit it high enough, I can't carry it far enough to cover the trees. The 50 worked great this time. Only birdie I had today.

• Like 1