MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Played this morning at my club and shot an up and down 75 with two disastrous doubles....both with wedge in my hand. Put the Odyssey ProType Black #9 in the bag a week ago and have been just rolling it great. Putting just saved me today.

well, 84 today, missed 7 putts inside 5 feet, 5 of the 7 were inside 3 1/2 feet. played well, putted horrible. felt good putting, just missed the starting line on the putts, and couldn't figure out the speed.

Scores are beginning to come down...posted a 44/41=85 yesterday. Lost one to the lake on the #1 handicap hole as my layup was longer than I anticipated. I was getting 135 out of the 8 iron and 145-150 from the 7. The more I play the cobra Bio Cells with PX shafts, the more I like them. Irons were great yesterday, but am struggling with my drives still. Gamed the 3UP two piece ball again and really like how it feels. It seems to stop nicely when chipping from 100 yards or less.

• Like 2

Gamed the 3UP two piece ball again and really like how it feels. It seems to stop nicely when chipping from 100 yards or less.

Not for much longer though...  :(

• Like 1

81 on Thursday and 82 yesterday. Still teetering on the edge.

Oh so close! I like the consistency. All it takes is just a couple more good shots (or a couple less bad ones) over 18 holes and you're there! Once you get there, it's easier next time.

• Like 2

Well that was fun, I made three poor swings and missed a couple of putts for a tidy 83. At least that will help preserve my handicap. :)

• Like 1

I played a par 70 today that I haven't played before. 3 over after the front 9. 6 over through 16. Then the pop up thunderstorm ended the round. I'm starting to think there are many forces that don't want me to break 80.

I played Silverthorn in Spring Lake, FL.....45/42=86.......and finished with a 25 foot par putt on 18! I found my Driver again, and it was great. Got to a Par 5 in 2 shots (driver & 3 wood) then 3 putted for a par. It was a great day, playing with my friend and his wife. He and I had one birdie apiece while she scored two birdies! The more I play the Cobras, the more I like them.....they are giving me a very consistent shot.....and With the graphite shafts I have gained about 5 yards over the Dynalite steel shafts.

Played Chehalem Glenn- one of the harder courses in my area, a lot of elevation change and interesting lies. 
Played from the blacks, while my group played from the blues- had a game going on the round. Longest drive, Closes to the Pin on Par 3's. 

Shot 9 over on the front.

Shot 7 over on the back. Was 1 over then went on to the 15th tee and went, bogey, bogey, Double bogey, double bogey.

Couldn't read putts. Off the tee hit 9 fairways hit- which was bananas!!!!! Closest to the Pin on all Par 3's but couldn't putt..............

Longest drive on #2- 343yds slight tail wind ;)

Best part was hitting off #18, pretty straight forward hole, but hit a push draw that couldn't escape the trees near the green, hit again, snap hook, hit again; middle of the fairway, nailed my approach, 2-putted....

• Like 1

Not for much longer though...   :(

Yeah, only until they sell out or July 31st.   Right now they are going for $23/doz less 30% ...so that about $16/dozen.

Played them this weekend and shot an 85 and an 87.

Had a buddies wedding to attend this weekend. The Groom must have had a really tight schedule... the night after the bachelor party he books a 9:40 tee off time. (Fun fact we gave him a breathalyzer test and he was double the limit the night before). I played like garbage including about a 5 hole stretch where I couldn't do anything right. Figured it out the last few holes and had a par bogey finish, with a few pars strewn in the front. In fairness I played hungover and was more about having a good time with a good friend then keeping score.

Had one of those days today.  7 over my index on the first nine and one under on the second.  Talk about a tale of two nines at least I finished fairly strongly and that will bring me back tomorrow.

• Like 1

I know how you feel Mizzy lover....I was there as well, shot a 42/48. Boomed my driver but had difficulty with my chipping and putting today.

Yes, Foz, a tale of two days!  Went out today in the rain and wind and shot 78 net 70 in my Army Golf Club comp today and came fourth.  Hit my irons so pure including one that was almost a career best it felt so good.  It was a 180 yard cut up 4 iron that finished 10 foot from the pin on an uphill, up wind par 3.  So good I was quivering till I missed the birdie putt :lol:  Such a crazy game we play.  Hope your game came/comes good too.

• Like 1

Played this morning at a course in MD on the way home from work with a guy from work. 56° and misting after some light rain on and off throughout the day yesterday. Has anyone ever played golf in a swimming pool? Because that's what I felt like I was doing. So the guy in pro shop tells us it's cart path only - fine, no big deal. What he did fail to tell us was that we would be likely to lose many balls in the ponds that had formed in the fairways and rough. I lost 3 balls in fairways and 2 in the rough. The only decent part of the course was the greens. I've never experienced conditions like that. Has to be one of the worst courses in the country in terms of drainage.

Anyway, I was 8 over through the first 3 holes with a double, double, quad start. Managed to keep it to 10 over after the front 9. 5 over on the back to finish with an 86. Just all around ugly.

Played this morning at a course in MD on the way home from work with a guy from work. 56° and misting after some light rain on and off throughout the day yesterday. Has anyone ever played golf in a swimming pool? Because that's what I felt like I was doing. So the guy in pro shop tells us it's cart path only - fine, no big deal. What he did fail to tell us was that we would be likely to lose many balls in the ponds that had formed in the fairways and rough. I lost 3 balls in fairways and 2 in the rough. The only decent part of the course was the greens. I've never experienced conditions like that. Has to be one of the worst courses in the country in terms of drainage.

Anyway, I was 8 over through the first 3 holes with a double, double, quad start. Managed to keep it to 10 over after the front 9. 5 over on the back to finish with an 86. Just all around ugly.

I hope they gave you a reduced rate, at least to offset the cost of the balls you lost.  

I really hate Cart Path Only.  I end up walking more than if I didn't have a cart, and I always  have the wrong clubs when I get to my ball.  I played the Camelback Padre course in Scottsdale AZ last fall after they had a rain a couple of days earlier.  Carts are included in the green fees.  There was really only one hole where it was too wet to drive on the fairway.

• Like 1

I hope they gave you a reduced rate, at least to offset the cost of the balls you lost.

I really hate Cart Path Only. I end up walking more than if I didn't have a cart, and I always have the wrong clubs when I get to my ball. I played the Camelback Padre course in Scottsdale AZ last fall after they had a rain a couple of days earlier. Carts are included in the green fees. There was really only one hole where it was too wet to drive on the fairway.

Nope, paid the normal rate. Every fairway and most of the rough was to the point where if I made a wrong step I was getting water above my sock line. I'm no expert on managing a course but I'm surprised it wasn't closed.

The course in NJ had drainage problems on 8 so bad they declared a good 1/4 of the fairway Ground under Repair and let it grow out to weeds. Problem was the area around it was soaked and that included rough. I think I always came out of there with mud on the backs of my calves. In Mississippi during 2014 winter/spring we had weekly inch rain storms. I think it was cart path only for weeks if not months. The course was a mess to play and always had some wet spots. But never anything like that. That's a rough way to play.

I think if my game was represented on a graph it would look like some crazy stock that was up and down in value with crazy peaks and deep troughs. What does one have to do to shoot some consistent numbers that are pleasing to look at.  I think it suffers from multiple personality disorder and none of them are what you might call good.  I managed to rescue todays round shooting 86 when it looked more like it was going to be 90 something.  The back nine thankfully was what saved me and I hit some great shots and made some clutch pars on difficult holes too. Ahhh for some consistency...please :)

• Like 3