Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I hit my irons extremely well today- anybody else in my group putting and I would have been 5 under through 5, but I was a measly 1 under through five. I need to practice my stroke- freaking horrible.

Almost zipped one back in for an ace, made this birdie at least!

Had a birthday party right after golf so didn't fill out my card- I'll do it tomorrow.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I picked the right day/time to play I guess. Teed off at 2 in the pouring rain, one cell, right over the course. We had to wait under cover to hit our approaches but no more rain, just soaking wet conditions after a ten minute delay. Went out in 41, got upset (okay p o'd) and birdied 10, 11, 15 and 18 to go with two bogeys for 34 coming back in. I moved the ball back a bit in my stance and started playing three quarter shots to stop the chunks. I also took advantage of the casual water rules. :).

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

We finally got 18 in today....shot 45/48 - 93 with at least 5 fairways not mowed. I was playing my rainy day bag and forgot to put my hybrids in the bag, had 3 & 5 fairways and 4 iron. My bad, had difficulty getting club on ball in the "rough un-mowed" fairways. 150 yd par 3 #15, I hit the top of a pine tree and was in the rough 55 yards away. I said, "I can par this" layer my 54* to within 6 ft of hole and made the putt. Overall a good day because I got to play golf. Next up Tuesday game at Babe Zaharias GC.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

You're playing lift clean and place aren't you?  The un-mown fairways on top of puddles and the thick rough are killers right now.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

You're playing lift clean and place aren't you?  The un-mown fairways on top of puddles and the thick rough are killers right now.

Absolutely......we are playing lift clean and place.  Sunday there was still an enormous amount of water in the fairways......but we took it as a challenge and played.

Just got word that the Tuesday Game at Babe Zaharias is also canceled.

I need a dry course to play tomorrow in Tampa Bay.....Anybody got one?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

I shot a ****ing 98 today. 53-45. An 8 and a 12 on the front and an 8 and a 9 on the back. Awesome day.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Had a good and bad weekend at he course, shot 79 on Saturday, and thwn followed that up with a 90 during the interclub on Sunday, I could hit he ball off the tee ok, but i couldn't hit anything else in the bag I could hit the broad side of a football field from 150-110 yards, I rolled them, I hooked them, and I even sliced some, but I dodnt strike them at all, it was a horrible day at the course, 6 doubles on the front nine, oh and I couldn't putt at all, not even a little. I would have been better off putting with my 3 wood.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Its been raining like crazy the past few days and the courses are pretty soaked. Stunk up the first few holes but finally got into a groove and managed to come in on the back nine at 2 over par to salvage an 84!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I shot a ****ing 98 today. 53-45. An 8 and a 12 on the front and an 8 and a 9 on the back. Awesome day.

I'll play you straight up with my score on Saturday!  :lol:

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Absolutely......we are playing lift clean and place.  Sunday there was still an enormous amount of water in the fairways......but we took it as a challenge and played.

Just got word that the Tuesday Game at Babe Zaharias is also canceled.

I need a dry course to play tomorrow in Tampa Bay.....Anybody got one?

Dang!  Played a local course today that could use a couple of inches of your rain.  Amazing what a hundred miles of latitude will do.  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I played Friday and Saturday this week and played Saturday last week. Shot 90 last week and this week shot an impressive 86 with a few birdies tossed in.

Saturday I played and had an interesting day. I left my cell phone at home, and had plans to hang with a buddy going off to college. It's a half hour drive from the course to home and I had about 2 hours to finish a round. I played the front in an hour on the dot. The back I played in 49 minutes. I shot 82 as well. My short game has improved a ton and my putting has gotten to the point I'm lagging it from distance to tap in. Saturday I didn't birdie a single hole but parred and bogeyed and took only one double the entire round. Also, made it home and to the movie before he did.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Again, the Tuesday Game at Babe Zaharias GC was cancelled due to water conditions at the course.  So we called around and found a course in Zephyrhills that only had 2 holes that were "cart path only"......Played Senior Tees @ 5,000 yards and shot a 43/40=83.  I was playing my older irons(PowerBilt AFO) and Powerbilt DFX driver.   Lost 2 balls on the front side, one in the rocks just below the #1 green and the other O.B. on a Par 3 #5.  Overall, my play was terrific.  I was striking the ball very well.  It was great to play a course that wasn't under water!

Yesterday was my 12th round of golf in ten and a half months. Played Cog Hill Dubsdread. Over the twelve months I have played in three scrambles and nine standard rounds. Haven't been overly impressed with my putting as of late, so I threw the Ping Ketsch in the bag (picked it up last year and used for a round or two). The Ketsch feels awesome, is easy to aim, but I think I only made one good putt all day. Lead me to my worst round of the year, 82 or 83 can't remember, and I had 36 freaking putts. I guess it's just a drastic change from what I normally play with and I was missing a lot of putts right.

Funny how I changed out two pieces of equipment (driver and putter) and those two pieces of equipment are the two causing me the most problems.

I am going to spend at least an hour at the range today. My last two rounds I've been less than 20% on hitting fairways with the driver and I've had over 30 putts.

The good news is that this year is shaping up to be the first year in over five years where I've had 20+ rounds played! Really hoping I can figure it out before the fall scramble season hits! Lots of money to be made!

First hole I hit it right down the middle. Awesome right? Nope, sitting in a little crevice. I decide I'll power it out instead of move it. Take a Tiger Woods swing and mess up my wrist. Finish 9 but have no power or touch after that. Dammit. 48 on the front 0 on the back. 

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20

First hole I hit it right down the middle. Awesome right? Nope, sitting in a little crevice. I decide I'll power it out instead of move it. Take a Tiger Woods swing and mess up my wrist. Finish 9 but have no power or touch after that. Dammit. 48 on the front 0 on the back. 

OUCH!!!

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I have no idea why I'm scoring much higher this week on the front nine...  I'm killing the back 9 and just can't get any consistency on the front.  It was the other way around a couple of weeks ago - lol

Guess I'll just have to keep playing and see what happens ;)

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Played today at Fresh Meadow CC in the member guest with a pro. The format was low gross/net combined of the foursome and was an absolute blast. I played like a dog and squeaked out a 76 with some good holes when everyone else blew up. Our pro was solid most of the day and ended up even for the day which is just awesome from the tips at that track. I seem to have lost my golf swing at the moment and lack the ability to put together two quality swings on the same hole. I want to turn back the clock to July when I could just not miss. August has been a struggle.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Found out we were second low net and I won a new Titleist bag as a door prize that happens to be in my alma mater's colors.  Time to ditch the staff bag since my swing has gone to crap.

WITB 2024

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Ah JMike it's good to see even the Demi Gods of this forum are still subject to their human side.  ;)

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

OUCH!!!

As a kid I did the same thing when it was about 40 degrees outside. Except my elbow gave on the third hole rather than wrist. Had a terrible case of a strained elbow and think it's caused issues to this day.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

My club was closed today due to a charity tournament. Went out at 230 and played a last minute round with a buddy at Penn National.

Shot 78, breaking 80 for the first time today. Awesome feeling. This after shooting a 98, my worst score of the year, on Monday. I guess that's just golf.

38 on the front, 40 on the back. Only 3/14 fairways although I wasn't missing them by much. 13/18 greens. 36 putts. Proximity to the hole from the rough definitely played into that. No penalties. Missed a few 10 footers for birdie. 6 bogeys, 12 pars all 4s and 5s on the card. Not necessarily exciting, but it was for me.

For Undershooter30 I took off my cap after the round and waved to the threesome behind us in the fairway. Needed to get some #toursauce in.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

My club was closed today due to a charity tournament. Went out at 230 and played a last minute round with a buddy at Penn National.

Shot 78, breaking 80 for the first time today. Awesome feeling. This after shooting a 98, my worst score of the year, on Monday. I guess that's just golf.

38 on the front, 40 on the back. Only 3/14 fairways although I wasn't missing them by much. 13/18 greens. 36 putts. Proximity to the hole from the rough definitely played into that. No penalties. Missed a few 10 footers for birdie. 6 bogeys, 12 pars all 4s and 5s on the card. Not necessarily exciting, but it was for me.

For Undershooter30 I took off my cap after the round and waved to the threesome behind us in the fairway. Needed to get some #toursauce in.

Hey!  Congratulations!  i knew you were going to do it.  now that you've done it, it's no big deal anymore.  So the pressure is off and you will be breaking 80 more and more.  Nice #toursauce!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played the hardest track in South Jersey yesterday and posted a round of 36 for -3......well hardest putt putt track in the state. Showed no mercy on my three children and I think there was some crying after back to back aces on 12 and 13. It took me three holes to get the wife to stop being emotional and just appreciate the brilliance and creativity of the round I had played. It seriously was a lot of fun to goof around with my kids and have some fun. Both of my girls made their first aces and the 6 six year old gave the Toursauce wave and cap tip after the two she made. All three got their revenge in the arcade after our round and I think I lost all the cash I took from them in mini golf.

WITB 2024

36 putts.

Congratulations!

You need to get that down mate.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Played the hardest track in South Jersey yesterday and posted a round of 36 for -3......well hardest putt putt track in the state. Showed no mercy on my three children and I think there was some crying after back to back aces on 12 and 13. It took me three holes to get the wife to stop being emotional and just appreciate the brilliance and creativity of the round I had played. It seriously was a lot of fun to goof around with my kids and have some fun. Both of my girls made their first aces and the 6 six year old gave the Toursauce wave and cap tip after the two she made. All three got their revenge in the arcade after our round and I think I lost all the cash I took from them in mini golf.

:) Did you use one of your putters or one of theirs?  If it was one of theirs, did you buy it?  ;)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

As a kid I did the same thing when it was about 40 degrees outside. Except my elbow gave on the third hole rather than wrist. Had a terrible case of a strained elbow and think it's caused issues to this day.

Yeah, my wrist had already been sore, maybe some tendinitis or something. But now I can't make a fist, hinge my wrist, just bad pain from the middle of my wrist through the back of my hand. Maybe Tiger wasn't BS'ing after he hit that root. I feel his pain.

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20

:) Did you use one of your putters or one of theirs?  If it was one of theirs, did you buy it?  ;)

I used one of theirs and I did not buy it.....thought about it. Think I would have been five or six under if I grabbed one of the Scottys from my car.

WITB 2024

Congrats Jbil! Nice round and very Saucy move my friend. You have made me proud!

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Played a course in South Jersey today called Laguna Oaks with my 9 year old. Pretty cool 10 hole layout that had a sweet set up for juniors. The call it Golden Golf and it is for high handicaps, but again works well for junior golfers. On holes that had no water or crazy forced carries my son played back with me and on the holes with water he played up at the Golden tees. Here is a link to the site: http://www.lagunaoaksgolf.com/PAGES/goldengolf.html

I was not sure what I shot but my son kept score and it was -4. I was more focused on him and having a few hours on the course which I do not do often enough with him these days.

WITB 2024