2024 PGA Contest by MyClubFitter and My Golf Spy ×

Bridgestone MindSet Golf Ball Testing - (Sampling and Shot Scope Ops)

I received my box a few days ago.  I received the Tour B RSX based on the questionnaire.  You all know by now what the box looks like. 🙂

I have played Bridgestone balls before. The last time I played them was the B330S years ago. 

First impressions:

The ball feels like it has a matte or textures feeling to it.  I am not sure if it is the dimples since they seem fairly flat with different size dimples. Nothing that would impact my game, but when I compare it to the smooth finish of my ProV1x it does stand out.  I like the Mindset logo on the ball. The colors and circles are not distracting, and you can always just turn the ball over so you do not see it at address. 

Performance:

Full shots - They feel softer than what I am used to compared to the ProV1x or TP5s that I play.  

Chip/Pitch - These spin on par with the ProV1x, and most than the TP5. They are noticeably softer feeling and sounding than either ball which I did enjoy.  They gave met he impression that they would land softly and they did.  I was able to get them to check nicely on the green, even from thick rough. 

Putting  - Same consistent soft feel and roll.  No issues with performance.  I was putting with my new Odyssey Ai double wide (review coming soon) and they all of my putts had a very tight grouping (on the putts I did not flub)

Mindset - Like I said before.  I like the look of the logo.  It is a nice reminder that helped me to minimize my swing thoughts while playing. I tend to have 10-15 thoughts from ball position, to wrist hinge, to weight transfer.  Even before getting these balls, I have been experimenting with cutting it all down to "just hit the ball".  For me it worked to help quiet my mind and simplify my swing.  I suppose anyone could draw 3 dots or circles on their ball of choice.  I felt like I was swinging more freely as I stopped trying to steer the ball.  Consequently the my shots tended to go farther and straighter than when I over-fixated on my path. The course is not where you want to try to fix your swing.  I did not find the logo to be a good alignment aid for putting for me.  I tend to like a single line drawn around the ball. When I tried to align the circles to my putt line I always seemed to miss to the right vs. when I use the drawn line. When just applying the Identify, Visualize, Focus methods to my putts they tended to go in or were closer to the hole.  This does make me be more intentional with my shots as oppposed to my usual overthinking each shot.  I am a fan. 

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.” -Arnold Palmer

Good morning all, 

I was excited to be a part of this testing group but I have not received my golf balls yet. It appears that the majority of you have. I played 3 rounds of golf this past weekend, it would have been the perfect opportunity to try these Bridgestones out.  I guess I'll be sitting on the sidelines for this one. 

Enjoy everyone ! 

AB

3 minutes ago, Freshbrockoli said:

Good morning all, 

I was excited to be a part of this testing group but I have not received my golf balls yet. It appears that the majority of you have. I played 3 rounds of golf this past weekend, it would have been the perfect opportunity to try these Bridgestones out.  I guess I'll be sitting on the sidelines for this one. 

Enjoy everyone ! 

Based upon messages from @GolfSpy_APH, I see that you and I are part of the official Shot Scope/Mindset test, not just the sampling. He said our stash would be ordered today (Monday). I agree it would have been nice to have the balls by now (I'm playing today), but the OP ran into all kinds of last-minute additions/subtractions that complicated the start of the official test.

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54.12D & 58.08M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

2 hours ago, Freshbrockoli said:

Good morning all, 

Enjoy everyone ! 

It’s confusing, the sampling group where you watched the video and answered questions about the video from a few weeks ago are receiving their balls now. The Shotscope/bridgestone testing I believe he is sending out the orders to Bridgestone today if I remember correctly so it could be a week or few before those arrive. 

Edited by unccross

Jnr

1 hour ago, acatalano32 said:

I have been using the dots and arrow as an alignment aid while putting and I kinda like it. I’m working it into my pre shot routine and trying to get used to the process on all my other shots 

Any issues with lining up putts with it mainly being a circle?

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

So let me preface this by telling anyone who watches the following,  sorry for poor camera work and editing. It's alot of work doing it from a phone.  But I had fun!

I had some issues with the recording stopping as it is not a phone priority item.  (ie, get an alert, recording stops.) I'll have to remember that next time .

Also, I have discovered there is a 4th mindset. The actual arrows.

Identify Visualize Focusand Execute.

i played the whole front 9 exclusively with the mindset ball. Then swapped the ball out to challenge myself to follow the same process. You will hear me repeating it throughout. 

@Samuel09152 I'm not sure if this is the exact same ball, as the finish on this one appears to be a bit more durable. However they were released approximately the same time, so they just may be.

Instead of one long, boring video, I decided to upload them as individual holes. Here is the link to the Playlist.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQXcNkcqSJYQepMosCy7aolhrr6p1EyEX&si=Z27j99rA8eKcszri

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Just got these in today!  Will be putting them to the test tomorrow. 

20240408_174428.jpg.a9019dba63eeda53eff6348cd0e6df61.jpg

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

5 hours ago, Rob Person said:

So let me preface this by telling anyone who watches the following,  sorry for poor camera work and editing. It's alot of work doing it from a phone.  But I had fun!

I had some issues with the recording stopping as it is not a phone priority item.  (ie, get an alert, recording stops.) I'll have to remember that next time .

Also, I have discovered there is a 4th mindset. The actual arrows.

Identify Visualize Focusand Execute.

i played the whole front 9 exclusively with the mindset ball. Then swapped the ball out to challenge myself to follow the same process. You will hear me repeating it throughout. 

@Samuel09152 I'm not sure if this is the exact same ball, as the finish on this one appears to be a bit more durable. However they were released approximately the same time, so they just may be.

Instead of one long, boring video, I decided to upload them as individual holes. Here is the link to the Playlist.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQXcNkcqSJYQepMosCy7aolhrr6p1EyEX&si=Z27j99rA8eKcszri

Great stuff @Rob Person - I like the talk track you used for each swing.  Can definitely see this could contribute to better overall round.

Also, did you spill something on your shirt?!? 🤣 (I kid)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

I was kinda bummed when I saw the posts with everyone getting their Mindset balls in the mail; thinking that I missed the cut.

They arrived today! My ball recommendation was the RX for lower swing speeds. As someone who struggles with consistency I am.looking forward to being intentional with a pre-shot routine that can only help. My normal ball of choice is the Kirtland brand or Calloway Chromesoft matte green. My review will be with the mindset and a pre shot routine vs Kirtland/Calloway without a pre-shot routine. I hope to get out this week once or twice at least. More to come.

Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought.

Just got mine today, and I will start posting my first few tests before Friday. Tour B RX is what I was fit into, but I actually received a box of Tour B RXS balls as a gift, so I’ll do my best to compare these two, my Left Dash gamers, and a sleeve of Chrome Tours.

I played Bridgestone B330S back in the day, and always loved those, so I’m excited to revisit 

Here’s what I plan to test over the next few days:

1. Putting feel and sound 
  2. short wedge shots (got a new Vokey 56 degree to try with all the balls)
  3. launch monitor for long wedges, 5,7, and 9 irons, and driver

On all of these shots, I will be intentional on using the mindset process, which I already started implementing and just shot my lowest score since returning to the game three years ago. Shot an 82 at the Kaneohe Klipper Golf Course in Oahu, HI from the blues in some tough wind conditions!  Loved playing that course and it was even better playing it with my son! 

Once I’m done with our move in two weeks, I’ll play as many shots as I can with each out on the course without causing a backup at my local course here in Oro Valley, AZ.

Thanks to Bridgestone and MyGolfSpy to allowing me to be a part of this. I hope to do the opportunity justice and provide some insight to the folks here.

Edited by guillo2

"Just when I have this beautiful shot pictured in my mind, I awaken to the realization I actually have to hit it."

Taylormade Sim2Max 10.5

Taylormade 3w HL

Taylormade Sim2 3 & 4 hybrid

Titleist T150 5-GW

Vokey 56 & 60 deg 

Nike Air Hybrid bag

Pro V1x

2 minutes ago, guillo2 said:

Just got mine today, and I will start posting my first few tests before Friday. Tour B RX is what I was fit into, but I actually received a box of Tour B RXS balls as a gift, so I’ll do my best to compare these two, my Left Dash gamers, and a sleeve of Chrome Tours.

I played Bridgestone B330S back in the day, and always loved those, so I’m excited to revisit 

Once I’m done with our move in two weeks, I’ll play as many shots as I can with each out on the course without causing a backup at my local course.

Thanks to Bridgestone and MyGolfSpy to allowing me to be a part of this. I hope to do the opportunity justice and provide some insight to the folks here.

Welcome @guillo2 - looking forward to reading your review, especially in comparison to the Left Dash & CTs!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

9 handicap. 98-103 typical ball speed off the tee. My miss is a slice but not a “3 fairways over” kind of slice. I had not previously used Tour B RX balls. The only Bridgestone balls I have played extensively are E12 Contacts a few seasons ago when I was just getting back into the game.

I will make a direct comparison to Pro v1’s (my current ball) throughout this review. 

I initially thought I had been passed over for this sampling, but, being intrigued by the product, went out and bought them on my own two weeks ago. I will review packaging and look of the balls I received but use the two previous played rounds for the performance review. 

Thanks for choosing me to sample these balls!

The look of the packaging certainly stands out in a crowded section of product. And the reading material explaining the mindset process was a necessary but nice touch. 

Look:

1. There were only two balls that had “defects” and they were both only two small raised spots. Nothing major. I noticed a couple of the green dots weren’t centered within the yellow circle. But no harm no foul there. 

2. The balls have a stickier and softer feel than Pro v1’s just to the touch. 

3. The mindset graphic is unique and I like it. It doesn’t feel like a gimmick. 

Performance: I used these in my simulator extensively and on the course for two rounds. It was in mid 50’s to start each round and ended in the low 60’s. I used both these balls and Pro v1’s during simulator sessions and both rounds for quick comparison.

1. The balls have a soft but not mushy feel off the tee. I didn’t previously have a preference over soft or hard balls, so I’d just describe the feel as “expected” from a ball that is designed for players specifically under 105 swing speed. 

No doubt the balls felt better off the tee during the colder mornings than a harder ball would feel. And even when it warmed up, I felt that I started to prefer the feel of the B RX. 

2. Distance/ball speed in the simulator were very similar but the Bridgestone averaged 3 yards more after 50 drives of each ball type.

3. Dispersion in the simulator gives an edge to the Bridgestone as well but only slightly. 

4. Distance & Dispersion off the tee and with irons/wedges were too close to call in on course use. On many holes, I hit two approach shots into the green and they were also both very similar. I am recovering from a case of tennis elbow so I’m not compressing the ball quite as well. But both stopped hard and fast on good approach shots. So, compared with the lower price and softer feel, this is a win for Bridgestone. 

5. I found that chipping around the green was was the main difference. I was able to get better spin and stoppage with Bridgestone ball. I feel like the mindset portion really helped here as I was able to remind myself of all the checkpoints with feet/ball/hand positioning.

6. Putting is the same. The Bridgestone is softer off the face but it did not affect speed.

7. The mindset idea is a big win for me. It simply works. It slows me down a bit and actually helps me to manage the course better on most shots. I say most, because it simply did not factor into putting for me. I already have a process for putting so I do not fault Mindset here.

My only question about the Mindset process is how it plays out on the course in a setting where you can’t lift and replace your ball in order to see the graphic. I know that the process is supposed to become ingrained in your game but the 3rd step is to focus on the dot. But what if the dot isn’t visible? 

Overall I like the mindset ball and plan to give it several more rounds. I might switch totally. With my handicap being in the high single digits, I feel that the Mindset process could be more beneficial than the qualities the actual model of ball provides.

IMG_7994 2.jpeg

IMG_8002.jpeg

IMG_7996.jpeg

IMG_7998.jpeg

IMG_7995 2.jpeg

Edited by deasterling32

Just got them today have to say the large and small dimples threw me 

DAE01AF3-F71B-468E-B2FD-4122BE75DF90.jpeg

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

43 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

Welcome @guillo2 - looking forward to reading your review, especially in comparison to the Left Dash & CTs!

Make that two of us!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

19 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

Any issues with lining up putts with it mainly being a circle?

At the moment, no issues because of the arrow that comes off the circles. It also lets me kind of react to the putt as well because it’s not a straight line. Sometimes I worry too much about the line on the ball. Plus I like that it’s not sharpie so it doesn’t smudge lol

1 minute ago, acatalano32 said:

At the moment, no issues because of the arrow that comes off the circles. It also lets me kind of react to the putt as well because it’s not a straight line. Sometimes I worry too much about the line on the ball. Plus I like that it’s not sharpie so it doesn’t smudge lol

Good feedback, thank you!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Loving the feedback! Will hopefully get out Thursday to put the same 2 balls through the ringer on the practice areas. Focus Will be sand and high loft shots

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Waiting for the balls to arrive, and as luck would have it, my Shotscope is dead, I am upgrading to the V5 and it is on the way. It should arrive by early next week.

In the interim a little about me.

About Me:  I am from Santa Cruz, CA and my family has been here since 1910.  I grew up playing everything but golf.  I never saw the allure of golf.  After high school I enlisted in the Army and that was my plan.  After a traumatic knee injury cut my service time short, I returned to Santa Cruz and was looking for my next life story. image.png.bc3dd1ab7418366c58fc97ac94d13c26.png

A couple of weeks later my Grandfather was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and was not expected to make it 6 months.  He asked me to go out and play golf with him, my dad and uncles.  Of course I said yes, but wasn’t expecting to enjoy the golf just my time with him…  Totally not the case.  I WAS HOOKED!  I got a job a local course in the cart shed and started playing as much as I could.  Two years later ,I was playing on the golf team at college.  Playing competitively for the next few years. 

image.png.a5c2df40dc397787357822cbca4341da.png

Then it was time to get a real job, got married and life happened, not very much time for golf.  Fast forward to 2015 and while on vacation in Maui, my love for golf was rekindled.  More life changes and my wife Anna and I met.  We have two boys at home with us and for the next 2 months they are the same age. (9 months difference between them).  Anna and I got married last year and for our honeymoon we went to Ireland and Scotland.  She is totally supportive of my golf, so much so that when I broached the idea of taking my clubs on our honeymoon she didn’t even pause when she said “you should absolutely do that.”  While in Scotland we stayed at Carnoustie and I played three rounds there.  She came out and walked with me and kept remarking how beautiful it was and even recognized some of the course from seeing the Open championship.

I am playing 2-3 days a week currently with 1-2 days of practice.  I play competitively whenever possible, aside from club tournaments and club match play, I am playing in the NCGA match play and 4 ball match play events this year.  

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

SUCH A GREAT MARKS ON THE BALL, IT TRUELY SETS APART FROM OTHER LINE OF BALLS.

THE MIND SET WORKS WELL BECAUSE NOW I FOCUS ON THE SPOT OF THE BALL AND THE GUIDE ARROW POINTS TO WHERE I WANT THE BALL TO START.

FOR PUTTING AS WELL IT'S BETTER THAN THE LINE OR LINES ON OTHER BALL, EASY TO ALIGN THE BALL AND GREAT TO SEE THE LINE OF PUTTS GOING IN.

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

MICHAEL KIM

I was going to play the bridgestone mindset balls today but I'm glad I didn't the course was soaked and we lost balls that plugged and couldn't find. My league starts Monday and hopefully the course is dry by then. We're supposed to get rain the next 3 days. 

Frank musolino 

Hi MGS troops! I just played 18 and this is the edit I have added to my post. 

Please review! Enjoy!!!

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver-5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

Ping 425-6 Dot Newton tipped 45" shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver-5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft 

Woods: Ping 425 Max 3-Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1+ shaft

Hybrid: PXG 0317 17*-Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1+ shaft

Irons: New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons 6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

Wedges: PXG 311 Gen 3 52-56 Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Putter: TaylorMade Truss Heal

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Ball: OnCore VeroX 

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63748-bridgestone-mindset-golf-ball-testing-sampling-and-shot-scope-ops/?do=findComment&comment=1046248

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

Completed the CG water test on the Bridgestone Tour RX golf balls. 

Unofficial / Official review

First impression out of the box, they felt ruff, mind set graphics were ok and the white color was on the brighter side when compared to some other balls.

I set up my testing station, dissolved a ton of salt in the water and began the test, very first ball was NOT balanced properly, you will see in the video how it actually returned to the same spot where I had marked it after the first drop/spin.

Overall 2 out of the dozen were out of balance(CG) - Have fun with the video and pictures. Let me know what you think.

I had an issue uploading the video and photos. I will try in another post

20240409_212326.jpg

20240409_213412.jpg

Edited by buckpillar

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

On 4/8/2024 at 6:15 PM, guillo2 said:

On all of these shots, I will be intentional on using the mindset process, which I already started implementing and just shot my lowest score since returning to the game three years ago. Shot an 82 at the Kaneohe Klipper Golf Course in Oahu, HI from the blues in some tough wind conditions!  Loved playing that course and it was even better playing it with my son! 

Once I’m done with our move in two weeks, I’ll play as many shots as I can with each out on the course without causing a backup at my local course here in Oro Valley, AZ.

I’m back with some initial results. I want to start by introducing myself. I am originally from Rio Piedras, PR and currently live in the Tucson, AZ area. I played all kinds of sports growing up except golf, so I am a somewhat athletic person. I took up the game of golf while living in Orlando, FL back in the early 2000s and was hooked, playing and practicing my way down to an 8 handicap. After hurting my back, and ballooning to almost 300 lbs on my 5’8” frame, I decided to take up mountain biking and sold all my golf equipment. It was within cycling that I met my wife and we’ve been together ever since. Fate would have us moving to Myrtle Beach, SC where there was only one place to ride your mountain bike and road cycling is hazardous to your health, so I decided to come back to golf in 2021.

It didn’t start well at all.

Thankfully I stuck with it, continued to play and practice, and have started to bring the handicap down  and currently at 12.9, with a goal to get to single digits by years’ end. Biggest strength is my short game and putting, with my iron play being my Achilles’ heel.

IMG_3429.jpeg.7ca49a5756f0fd8d8efab398e6432a3e.jpeg

As promised, here is the first part of my testing. I had a quick putting session at lunch time because of a client cancellation then finished it up after I was done at 5pm today. Above you’ll see 18 balls, broken down in groups of 3 as follows:

1. -Pro V1x “left dash” (gamer)
  2. Tour B RX (fitted and sent to me by Bridgestone)
  3. Tour B RXS (gift)
  4. Pro V1
  5. Chrome Tour
  6. TP5x

I hit 3 rounds of putts with each and did my best to find differences in sound, feel, and line on a 20’ uphill, left to right putt. The evening putting session consisted of the same 3 rounds, but each round to a different hole. I also used the mindset system for the last round, taking a full pre shot routine for each putt. I did this with all 18 balls, not just the Bridgestones. Here’s what I found:

The Tour B RX has a similar click off the putter face to my Left Dash and the TP5x. They all felt very firm off the putter face, a feeling I am starting to realize I don’t like. The Tour B RXS was closer to the Pro V1, with a less noticeable click but still a solid feel. The Chrome Tour was muffled in both sound and feel, making it really hard for me to gauge preferences with it.

My take on Mindset for putting: it works! I only holed about 6 balls out of the 3 rounds of 20 footers (54 putts) while hitting the putts for sound and feel, but I holed out 8 of the 18 using Mindset! The putts felt more well struck, my lines were holding to what I’d visualized, and my misses were a lot smaller. 4 of those 8 holed putts were with the Bridgestones. I felt like the focus on that green dot really helps me automate the putting stroke and make a fluid swing that produces good rolls.

IMG_3431.jpeg.5a227e18059f52ff270c7ff063c30ce5.jpeg

I’ll post more after Thursday and Friday when I take them to the sim!

Edited by guillo2
Photo improvement

"Just when I have this beautiful shot pictured in my mind, I awaken to the realization I actually have to hit it."

Taylormade Sim2Max 10.5

Taylormade 3w HL

Taylormade Sim2 3 & 4 hybrid

Titleist T150 5-GW

Vokey 56 & 60 deg 

Nike Air Hybrid bag

Pro V1x

On 4/2/2024 at 12:44 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Please welcome and congratulate our testers for the following Shot Scope and Bridgestone collab test!

Looking forward to seeing everyones results!

@Johnsonk9 @C-Lau76 @barney19 @Freshbrockoli @deattle @Bubba1985 @Kbek @unccross @Steven Senft @Preeway @LinksgolfFever @Sixft9 @Everardo @NickyBobby @mdleedy2 @Golf2Much @PhilM75072 @Gopokes14 @Timberwolfmadcat @MIgregb @nupezb @tony@CIC @rarce_torres @fozcycle @WalkerH @acatalano32 @THE GOLF GUY @golfjunky79 @MajorCavalry

Happy testing all!

This Thread will hold the Bridgestone sampling members (all those who answered the video questions correctly last time around) as well as the Shot Scope test. You are all one big family now!

Congrats on being selected. I would love to know if it truly makes a difference in your mindset. Everyone has their own swing thoughts but to have it be specifically reminding you by looking at your ball should make some interesting reviews.

Bodi Nageli

9 hours ago, mrk7367 said:

SUCH A GREAT MARKS ON THE BALL, IT TRUELY SETS APART FROM OTHER LINE OF BALLS.

THE MIND SET WORKS WELL BECAUSE NOW I FOCUS ON THE SPOT OF THE BALL AND THE GUIDE ARROW POINTS TO WHERE I WANT THE BALL TO START.

FOR PUTTING AS WELL IT'S BETTER THAN THE LINE OR LINES ON OTHER BALL, EASY TO ALIGN THE BALL AND GREAT TO SEE THE LINE OF PUTTS GOING IN.

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

Looks money today! Do the circles and arrows line up pretty straight while putting? It would be hard for me to focus if they were all a little off. 

Bodi Nageli