Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts here!

@Berg Ryman - Ai Smoke Max - Main Post

@TylorJudd - Ai Smoke TD - Main Post 

@RickM71 - Ai Smoke TD - Main Post 

@EasyPutter - Ai Smoke Max D - Main Post 

@JAYER38 - Ai Smoke Max D - Main Post

On 6/8/2024 at 6:30 PM, arodrig29 said:

Great stuff so far guys, quick question. I currently play the Rogue ST Max and while it’s very stable, it’s not the longest club in the world. I was wondering if any of the testers putting the triple diamond through its paces considers it stable and accurate? I know that the MGS testing showed it as such but wondering what you guys think? 

I tried the Rogue ST TD, before I went into the Paradym TD. That in itself was a huge difference, now from Paradym to Ai Smoke, even bigger difference from Rogue. 
Like Rick said, high toe is crazy stable. Biggest difference I’ve seen between Paradym and Ai Smoke. 

I don’t experience the loss of distance off the heel though. The Ai Face is not just marketing fluff. Found shaft more important with Ai Smoke than I did Paradym though

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

Just got an email for pre-order of the Ai Smoke TI 340 Mini Driver. I smell another test coming...

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

21 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Just got an email for pre-order of the Ai Smoke TI 340 Mini Driver. I smell another test coming...

I think those are going to be a huge hit

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

On 6/12/2024 at 9:09 AM, TylorJudd said:

I think those are going to be a huge hit

I stopped by Golf Galaxy this afternoon to see if they had the Mini yet. They don't. He said they'll get them when Callaway starts shipping those pre-orders. Which, by the way, are sold out.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

Was gathering some data at the range yesterday with the BLP and the battery decided to crap out on me about 7mins into the session so that sucks. Hoping the battery recalibrate fixes it so I can get this last bit of data for the final review.

I still just want to say WOW. I think everyone who has read this thread sees how this is going to go!

DRIVER  CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Ai SMOKE MAX D w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65-R 10.5*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.c09940dc65e88df056ed8bc6fac5d992.png STEALTH 2 Plus 15* w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 65-R 42" 15*

HYBRID CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Big Bertha 19 w/ UST Recoil DART 75-S 20*

IRONS MALTBY.jpg.db763764d25fcfd7c75f92dc47028a09.jpg TS3 Forged 4i-PW w/ True Temper Score LT 100-R

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115-W 48*/52*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg HB SOFT 8 w/ Center Shaft 3*

Check out my Tests...

19 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

I stopped by Golf Galaxy this afternoon to see if they had the Mini yet. They don't. He said they'll get them when Callaway starts shipping those pre-orders. Which, by the way, are sold out.

I got my pre-order, thanks to the 2x trade-in bonus. I basically got the Ti340 and 2 gloves for the cost of tax. 🙂

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

8 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Alright, hope you guys are all ready for a data dump with decent pictures. This data capture set our or local Golf Galaxy was part ball experiment, part head to head, part thought experiment. First, a thanks to the boys in Dewitt for having this opportunity and for letting my sweaty body take about 50 drives over a little over an hour. And thanks to by body for not giving in for that time.

LOFT TEST

Alright, the first thing I wanted to get an idea of was whether or not we needed to switch up anything as far as the Dual Cog setup. As an aside, I do believe Callaway had basically perfected the adaptor for woods, it's by far the easiest to explain in sales, and is just makes actual an acute sense. It's perfect and I can't think of any improvement unless they were to add a third cog for more fine-tuning.

So for this test we used my current ball, the "Berg Ryman" Bridgestone for those in the know from Kingsmill, the 2022 Bridgestone B-XS. For this set of data we took ten shots with each setting, dropping the two best and the 3 worst to reach a nice meaty middle. The question here was as to loft. I've moved the driver weight back more into a neutral setting after what I saw at Kingsmill and that's likely where it will be for my final round this weekend. So the question was keeping it at 12* or going down to 11*

First, the averages at 12*

image.png.37d0e4b0e52e630e56b884328a4a27e3.png

Now, the same setup at 11*

image.png.c02eef4d1d7655fd7cf4d3226e2fcbee.png

So, looking at the them side by side, you'd be hard pressed to see the difference between them. I personally could game it at either space. I think I'm going to play an actual round this week at 11* to see if there's any actual difference between them. I'm more concerned about the miss here, which, as some will tell you from Kingsmill, is a high spinning high launching floater which goes nowhere. I think I'm more susceptible to those at 12* then 11*, although then we're taking about a slightly open face against a square one. Hence the want to get it out on the course.

BALL SELECTION

Ok, next step was to see if going to a different ball would actually be beneficial to try and cut the spin number out of that driver. If you look at Ping's optimization chart with a roughly -2 AOA, I need a launch in the 12-13 degree neighborhood, but a spin of roughly 2800-2900. Here's the chart I'm using for reference, which I know I think everyone had seen before.

Now, it stands to reason that everyone knows the B-XS is the spiniest ball in the Bridgestone Lineup, famously made that way for one Mr. Eldrick Woods. For a lower spin guy like myself, it's awesome of irons and wedges, but with a 12* driver can lead to higher spin. The MGS Ball Test had it in a set environment off a 10.5 degree driver around 2950 at near my swing speed. So, I brought with me a sleeve of Pro V1X, a ball that creates enough spin off the clubs I need it from, but should spin slightly less than B-XS off the driver. I also used the stores Titleist AVX to try a lower spinning option

First, the Pro V1X, my old ball

image.png.1293e929629692e44c71a47f63be627f.png

Then the AVX

image.png.3192312d0edc6144a840c4289f597ad4.png

And again, as reminder, the B-XS

So, a conclusion is drawn here for me. The B-XS isn't as high spinning on average across the set of shots as I thought. Also, there may be really be gains for me off the driver in the lower compression market of tour balls as it relates to spin, so balls like Maxfli S, AVX, Chrome Soft, Tour Response could be in play for the bag. However, it also may lead me to the opposite end of the spectrum because I'm seemingly with this driver a decent fit for Left Dash, which would be interesting and more as to what I'm used teel from a feel/performance standpoint on the irons and wedges. Lastly, I could conceivably stick it out with Bridgestone until we run them out. A lot of thoughts here and shows the importance of just not agreeing with what we're told the ball does from the manufacture some times.

HEAD 2 HEAD

Ok, we now get to the final showdown, the AI Smoke against the current champ, the Titleist TSR2. Now, there are differences here as far as set up. The AI Smoke is set at 11 degrees, draw setting in the cog and weight slightly shaded into draw in the head. The Titleist TSR is 10 degrees, set in the standard position A1, same way I was fit for it at Club Champion. We're back to using the B-XS Here's the showdown everyone was waiting for. 10 shots, drop the two best and three worst.

Again, the AI smoke at 11*

image.png.4963f297152a90addcd4cb90a61dcb1f.png

And now, the TSR

image.png.53fa02dcbf3bc0a43a3e9da2bca22371.png

On the surface, it appears a no contest, TSR is longer, spins less, and produces a much better Smash ratio than my AI Smoke. Now, the Smash may come down the fact the the TSR is swing weighted at D7 and the Smoke around D3, but I think this shows better than anything else here not to be seduced by the Trackman numbers and what happens in the bay in a fitting or a data comparison.

Now, I'd concede the TSR goes further and creates more ball speed at a lower swing speed, but you have to ask yourself are those playable numbers in relationship to the shots, and this goes to my main thesis of the Callaway AI Smoke. Even if it isn't the longest driver for me, it's the most playable driver for me. The carry numbers due to a more reasonable and less random launch dwarf the TSR by nearly 10 yards. The TSR makes up the difference with run and rollout, but a driver that's more condition dependent isn't a driver I think you can feel good about bagging for the sake of confidence. Say you roll into rough, you're shorter and more frustrated than you are with Smoke. It's why we play golf on the course, not on the simulator.

TAKEWAYS BEFORE THE FINAL REVIEW

Look, I think you can gather my thoughts from my posts in the thread about where I am with the AI Smoke at this point. I do think I need to find the right ball to further unlock it, and I'm uncertain if that's a softer ball or the super firm low spinning range. I will say though, @JohnSmalls knows how much I like my rocks and I may have hit my Pink Nitro on the sim just to see... it's an interesting one for sure. The biggest advantage I think the AI Smoke offers to folks is the playability of the head. If you get fit into the right head for what you need, and considering there's now 6 of them counting the two that came out during the test, you should really enjoy what you get out of them.

I look forward to getting in one final round this weekend to try some different stuff, and look forward to putting together a solid final review for y'all, perhaps even for a surprise for you guys as well... always keep you guessing.

image.png

I'm curious how accurate the Trackman spin numbers are when you are indoors not using an RCT ball. Your spin number is in italics which means they calculated an estimate rather than measured the actual spin. I don't know how Trackman calculates spin, but it could potentially be very misleading if not accurate. I've heard people claim Trackman estimates are good, but I'm a skeptic by nature. 

I love the information you collected here. Nicely done. 

Rick

Driver: Callaway Ai Smoke TD 10.5 Denali Black 60 Stiff
3 Wood:  Cobra Aerojet 15 Kai'li Blue 60 Stiff
3 Hybrid:  Cobra Aerojet 19 KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons 5-Gap:  Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, Recoil SW 780 Stiff
SW:  Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 56/11
Putter:  Odyssey 2 Ball

Wow!  Great data results

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

5 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Alright, hope you guys are all ready for a data dump with decent pictures. This data capture set our or local Golf Galaxy was part ball experiment, part head to head, part thought experiment. First, a thanks to the boys in Dewitt for having this opportunity and for letting my sweaty body take about 50 drives over a little over an hour. And thanks to by body for not giving in for that time.

LOFT TEST

Alright, the first thing I wanted to get an idea of was whether or not we needed to switch up anything as far as the Dual Cog setup. As an aside, I do believe Callaway had basically perfected the adaptor for woods, it's by far the easiest to explain in sales, and is just makes actual an acute sense. It's perfect and I can't think of any improvement unless they were to add a third cog for more fine-tuning.

So for this test we used my current ball, the "Berg Ryman" Bridgestone for those in the know from Kingsmill, the 2022 Bridgestone B-XS. For this set of data we took ten shots with each setting, dropping the two best and the 3 worst to reach a nice meaty middle. The question here was as to loft. I've moved the driver weight back more into a neutral setting after what I saw at Kingsmill and that's likely where it will be for my final round this weekend. So the question was keeping it at 12* or going down to 11*

So, looking at the them side by side, you'd be hard pressed to see the difference between them. I personally could game it at either space. I think I'm going to play an actual round this week at 11* to see if there's any actual difference between them. I'm more concerned about the miss here, which, as some will tell you from Kingsmill, is a high spinning high launching floater which goes nowhere. I think I'm more susceptible to those at 12* then 11*, although then we're taking about a slightly open face against a square one. Hence the want to get it out on the course.

BALL SELECTION

Ok, next step was to see if going to a different ball would actually be beneficial to try and cut the spin number out of that driver. If you look at Ping's optimization chart with a roughly -2 AOA, I need a launch in the 12-13 degree neighborhood, but a spin of roughly 2800-2900. Here's the chart I'm using for reference, which I know I think everyone had seen before.

image.png.586237f879e24c67f4ccecd5d1dec4ba.png

Now, it stands to reason that everyone knows the B-XS is the spiniest ball in the Bridgestone Lineup, famously made that way for one Mr. Eldrick Woods. For a lower spin guy like myself, it's awesome of irons and wedges, but with a 12* driver can lead to higher spin. The MGS Ball Test had it in a set environment off a 10.5 degree driver around 2950 at near my swing speed. So, I brought with me a sleeve of Pro V1X, a ball that creates enough spin off the clubs I need it from, but should spin slightly less than B-XS off the driver. I also used the stores Titleist AVX to try a lower spinning option

Then the AVX

So, a conclusion is drawn here for me. The B-XS isn't as high spinning on average across the set of shots as I thought. Also, there may be really be gains for me off the driver in the lower compression market of tour balls as it relates to spin, so balls like Maxfli S, AVX, Chrome Soft, Tour Response could be in play for the bag. However, it also may lead me to the opposite end of the spectrum because I'm seemingly with this driver a decent fit for Left Dash, which would be interesting and more as to what I'm used teel from a feel/performance standpoint on the irons and wedges. Lastly, I could conceivably stick it out with Bridgestone until we run them out. A lot of thoughts here and shows the importance of just not agreeing with what we're told the ball does from the manufacture some times.

HEAD 2 HEAD

Ok, we now get to the final showdown, the AI Smoke against the current champ, the Titleist TSR2. Now, there are differences here as far as set up. The AI Smoke is set at 11 degrees, draw setting in the cog and weight slightly shaded into draw in the head. The Titleist TSR is 10 degrees, set in the standard position A1, same way I was fit for it at Club Champion. We're back to using the B-XS Here's the showdown everyone was waiting for. 10 shots, drop the two best and three worst.

And now, the TSR

On the surface, it appears a no contest, TSR is longer, spins less, and produces a much better Smash ratio than my AI Smoke. Now, the Smash may come down the fact the the TSR is swing weighted at D7 and the Smoke around D3, but I think this shows better than anything else here not to be seduced by the Trackman numbers and what happens in the bay in a fitting or a data comparison.

Now, I'd concede the TSR goes further and creates more ball speed at a lower swing speed, but you have to ask yourself are those playable numbers in relationship to the shots, and this goes to my main thesis of the Callaway AI Smoke. Even if it isn't the longest driver for me, it's the most playable driver for me. The carry numbers due to a more reasonable and less random launch dwarf the TSR by nearly 10 yards. The TSR makes up the difference with run and rollout, but a driver that's more condition dependent isn't a driver I think you can feel good about bagging for the sake of confidence. Say you roll into rough, you're shorter and more frustrated than you are with Smoke. It's why we play golf on the course, not on the simulator.

But Berg, I hear you say, what about lofting up your TSR to 11ish degrees, best of both world right? Well, I did try that, and here's what I hated about it almost immediately. As we know, when we loft up a driver or any wood, it closes the face, however small or big. My worse miss with the TSR is a dunk hook. I just can't look at the head pointing left without that effecting my path. I know it's stupid, but visually it brings so many bad ideas in to the head. Also, for the slight launch advantage, there actually wasn't much difference in the number carry wise or total wise, maybe moving into the 210 range, but not where we were with the AI Smoke at high 210's at average.

Look, I think you can gather my thoughts from my posts in the thread about where I am with the AI Smoke at this point. I do think I need to find the right ball to further unlock it, and I'm uncertain if that's a softer ball or the super firm low spinning range. I will say though, @JohnSmalls knows how much I like my rocks and I may have hit my Pink Nitro on the sim just to see... it's an interesting one for sure. The biggest advantage I think the AI Smoke offers to folks is the playability of the head. If you get fit into the right head for what you need, and considering there's now 6 of them counting the two that came out during the test, you should really enjoy what you get out of them.

I look forward to getting in one final round this weekend to try some different stuff, and look forward to putting together a solid final review for y'all, perhaps even for a surprise for you guys as well... always keep you guessing.

Great write up. The detail was great. Have you tried Ballnamic to fine tune your ball search? I only ask as they ran a $25 off special (Code: FLASH25) today so I gave it a try. 

image.png.ec65754993cb81a3d0a7d15c70ab8fd1.png  Anyday Maverick Black Ops 7-way

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Fujikura Motore X F3

:PXG:0211 Hybrid 3 19° w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 70

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

image.png.0f5b009ff3d83fdae5e2e361f9676226.png DF3 w/BGT Stability ONE Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:titleist-small: Pro V1 

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Tests No Longer in the Bag

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

7 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

Great write up. The detail was great. Have you tried Ballnamic to fine tune your ball search? I only ask as they ran a $25 off special (Code: FLASH25) today so I gave it a try. 

What did Ballnamic recommend you play vs what you now play?

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

17 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

Trust me Matt, I've run through 10 ballnamic fittings in the past. It's what got me to BXS now, and what is likely going to put me into Tour S, Left Dash or Chrome Tour going forward

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:callaway-small: AI Smoke Max, 12*, set -1/D, Project X RDX Smoke Red 50, 6.0 Flex

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:titleist-small: Prov V1X Left Dash... for now

1 hour ago, MattWillGolf said:

Your sharing the code was just what I needed to sign up.  For me, the top 5 choices all seem pretty close, with #5 being my preferred ball of a ProV1.  Suggestions in order where: Callaway Chrome Tour, Bridgestone Tour B X, LA Golf ball, and Srixon Z Star XV.  

Added: 

I just realized I could enter my launch monitor numbers to get more precise results.  My hitting bay swing isn't the same as my course swing, but nonetheless, my launch monitor numbers gave me the following ball recommendations in order:  Bridgestone Tour B X, LA Golf ball, Callaway Chrome Tour, ProV1x, and 5th is still ProV1.  

Edited by RickM71
Added results with launch monitor numbers

Rick

Driver: Callaway Ai Smoke TD 10.5 Denali Black 60 Stiff
3 Wood:  Cobra Aerojet 15 Kai'li Blue 60 Stiff
3 Hybrid:  Cobra Aerojet 19 KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons 5-Gap:  Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, Recoil SW 780 Stiff
SW:  Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 56/11
Putter:  Odyssey 2 Ball

Update after two holes with the Maxfli Tour S, friendship might be ending with BXS, Tour S might be my new best friend. First hole 256 uphill, second 268 downhill

:callaway-small: AI Smoke Max, 12*, set -1/D, Project X RDX Smoke Red 50, 6.0 Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

47 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Update after two holes with the Maxfli Tour S, friendship might be ending with BXS, Tour S might be my new best friend. First hole 256 uphill, second 268 downhill

Not surprised to see a Maxfli perform so well. Awesome stuff Ryan. 

• PING G400 LST Mitsubishi Tensei White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 hour ago, Berg Ryman said:

Update after 9, even par through it. Drives of 258, 268, 250, 251, 271, 242, and 247. Just hit one 256 on my tenth hole. If I was putting better I'd be 3 under through 10

SIK Golf Flo-C

2 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Looks like that's great off the driver vs the BXS, hopefully it's as good around the greens as well.

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

1 hour ago, Berg Ryman said:

Update after 9, even par through it. Drives of 258, 268, 250, 251, 271, 242, and 247. Just hit one 256 on my tenth hole. If I was putting better I'd be 3 under through 10

Awesome play!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 6/14/2024 at 1:43 PM, Berg Ryman said:

LOFT TEST

BALL SELECTION

image.png.586237f879e24c67f4ccecd5d1dec4ba.png

Then the AVX

HEAD 2 HEAD

And now, the TSR

But Berg, I hear you say, what about lofting up your TSR to 11ish degrees, best of both world right? Well, I did try that, and here's what I hated about it almost immediately. As we know, when we loft up a driver or any wood, it closes the face, however small or big. My worse miss with the TSR is a dunk hook. I just can't look at the head pointing left without that effecting my path. I know it's stupid, but visually it brings so many bad ideas in to the head. Also, for the slight launch advantage, there actually wasn't much difference in the number carry wise or total wise, maybe moving into the 210 range, but not where we were with the AI Smoke at high 210's at average.

DAMN! The review is on page one 🤣 massive amount of info, thank you for that

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

Hey everyone,

Final review for me is going up on Wednesday. I'm trial engaged the next two days so I'll be the straggler. Check out everyone else's on Page 1 though. A lot of time and information for you guys there!

SIK Golf Flo-C

My review is up for a good read (cup of coffee/can of beer/some other beverage) and if pictures are better than words just keep going to the Conclusion for the "Cliff Notes" version.

⛳

Derek / EasyPutter

Derek 🖌️ Verified Hack, ~21 handicap 🙂  Golf for exercise and peace of mind. ⛳ 
MGSlogoTinyNB.png.fa77eb3941d9cd5773ab070e0e4ccaa3.png WITB ( That's Linked ⚡ as is everything underlined )
|> Big Dogs: Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max D (10.5)Tommy Armour TA1 3h :1332069271_TommyArmour: (19)Ginty Trouble Club 1582792763_GintyLogo(4)35h.jpg.fc3c835085ee4b6630b4ac7543b068c3.jpg (29)
|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  
|> Chipper: Orlimar Escape (37)  Orlimar_Primary_Logo_Salmon_320x.png.74cc40a4a89b9e98905e4cba5c6d8337.png
|> Wedges: Worx 429668682_worx30.png.ecb184a97c8fb80112252b57c05f40c2.png (55)  Lovett 1857218720_LovetSandWedge2(2)30v.jpg.e22c477791c7dd1d962d07e9624df8cf.jpg (59) 
|> Flatstick: L.A.B. Golf DF2.1  ⛳ 2104071333_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.4a85e684857a33281ff6a12753532913.jpg  1935535164_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.4af6ce349cb7b5117d2a8bb409c4b51f.jpg :OnCore: :footjoy-small:
⛳  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  1197970276_COBALTicon15tall.jpg.92ebd5a63e6ab7d194096885e37eeb52.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️ SwingU2023logowhite30.jpg.238c607458394f36c7b0cd29738166fc.jpgPremium  
💻 1529843961_EPLogosm.jpg.3a2a74e3a5b6c64d4cdd1489a5d253b0.jpgMGS Logo  🌐 646255544_dghLogo30.jpg.9383a65e038b6a10ea92d0ada58bbc58.jpgBall mark   ⛳   IGBRC  International Golf Ball Rescue Commission / Founder
295785881_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.6317ecb613080e94b9fe996cd81462c1.png Graduate/Mentor    1698190715_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.f28e1067b8bbf26fbd9d4c6c277f1a5d.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 
Tester⛳logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-12.png.8c8aee17ee565b3b96970802313957f9.png ⛳:Inesis: ⛳1382751340_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.c054d635e47d481685d732a542e111af.jpg⛳:redrooster: ⛳LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg ⛳ :callaway-small: ⛳GhostLogo.png.ccde624eb7cfea2672f0b34eb8fca132.png

It's all lies I tell you, everywhere the golf ball comes to rest! ⛳
If it wasn't for inconsistency, I would have no consistency in my game! 🏌️‍♂️

52 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

My review is up for a good read (cup of coffee/can of beer/some other beverage) and if pictures are better than words just keep going to the Conclusion for the "Cliff Notes" version.

⛳

Derek / EasyPutter

If you sit down to read Derek's you better bring 2 beverages because I just posted mine as well! Hope everyone enjoys these as I know we all worked hard on them...

DRIVER  CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Ai SMOKE MAX D w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65-R 10.5*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.c09940dc65e88df056ed8bc6fac5d992.png STEALTH 2 Plus 15* w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 65-R 42" 15*

HYBRID CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Big Bertha 19 w/ UST Recoil DART 75-S 20*

IRONS MALTBY.jpg.db763764d25fcfd7c75f92dc47028a09.jpg TS3 Forged 4i-PW w/ True Temper Score LT 100-R

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115-W 48*/52*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg HB SOFT 8 w/ Center Shaft 3*

Check out my Tests...

12 minutes ago, JAYER38 said:

If you sit down to read Derek's you better bring 2 beverages because I just posted mine as well! Hope everyone enjoys these as I know we all worked hard on them...

Yeah it is NOT a competition or anything but both of the Max D reviews are up first 🤓

Just saying... 

stock-vector--th-hole-icon-clipart-image-isolated-on-white-background-1927049096.jpg.1d37efba087262e8cae9811d5aed4643.jpg

Yep, we are there 🍻

Derek 🖌️ Verified Hack, ~21 handicap 🙂  Golf for exercise and peace of mind. ⛳ 
MGSlogoTinyNB.png.fa77eb3941d9cd5773ab070e0e4ccaa3.png WITB ( That's Linked ⚡ as is everything underlined )
|> Big Dogs: Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max D (10.5)Tommy Armour TA1 3h :1332069271_TommyArmour: (19)Ginty Trouble Club 1582792763_GintyLogo(4)35h.jpg.fc3c835085ee4b6630b4ac7543b068c3.jpg (29)
|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  
|> Chipper: Orlimar Escape (37)  Orlimar_Primary_Logo_Salmon_320x.png.74cc40a4a89b9e98905e4cba5c6d8337.png
|> Wedges: Worx 429668682_worx30.png.ecb184a97c8fb80112252b57c05f40c2.png (55)  Lovett 1857218720_LovetSandWedge2(2)30v.jpg.e22c477791c7dd1d962d07e9624df8cf.jpg (59) 
|> Flatstick: L.A.B. Golf DF2.1  ⛳ 2104071333_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.4a85e684857a33281ff6a12753532913.jpg  1935535164_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.4af6ce349cb7b5117d2a8bb409c4b51f.jpg :OnCore: :footjoy-small:
⛳  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  1197970276_COBALTicon15tall.jpg.92ebd5a63e6ab7d194096885e37eeb52.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️ SwingU2023logowhite30.jpg.238c607458394f36c7b0cd29738166fc.jpgPremium  
💻 1529843961_EPLogosm.jpg.3a2a74e3a5b6c64d4cdd1489a5d253b0.jpgMGS Logo  🌐 646255544_dghLogo30.jpg.9383a65e038b6a10ea92d0ada58bbc58.jpgBall mark   ⛳   IGBRC  International Golf Ball Rescue Commission / Founder
295785881_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.6317ecb613080e94b9fe996cd81462c1.png Graduate/Mentor    1698190715_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.f28e1067b8bbf26fbd9d4c6c277f1a5d.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 
Tester⛳logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-12.png.8c8aee17ee565b3b96970802313957f9.png ⛳:Inesis: ⛳1382751340_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.c054d635e47d481685d732a542e111af.jpg⛳:redrooster: ⛳LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg ⛳ :callaway-small: ⛳GhostLogo.png.ccde624eb7cfea2672f0b34eb8fca132.png

It's all lies I tell you, everywhere the golf ball comes to rest! ⛳
If it wasn't for inconsistency, I would have no consistency in my game! 🏌️‍♂️

On 4/22/2024 at 4:12 AM, EasyPutter said:

It was also on the morning we played Plantation Course that Chris Nosil @cnosil pointed out my grip on the club would be better with an easy to do and remember tip, akin to Adam Scott’s routine, and trying it I experienced an immediate effect on the effective range of all the clubs in the bag.  

I am really glad to hear that the grip tweak is providing benefit.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

14 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

To hold everyone over until tomorrow when the written version comes online, enjoy playing the 3rd hole at @MattWillGolf's home course with me as I discuss the Paradym AI Smoke Max.

Great stuff Ryan! Having seen you personally hit the A.I. Smoke driver, I can attest it's a good fit for you. I will say I was hoping to see you rip a 3 wood on your second shot on the par 5 there. I know it wasn't feasible with the water there, but a guy's got to have dreams. 

58 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Great stuff Ryan! Having seen you personally hit the A.I. Smoke driver, I can attest it's a good fit for you. I will say I was hoping to see you rip a 3 wood on your second shot on the par 5 there. I know it wasn't feasible with the water there, but a guy's got to have dreams. 

You will be happy to know I hit one 3 wood, it was off the first tee to cut a dogleg around a bunker. Had 150 in taking the direct line on a 450 yard par 5. Long live the Stealth 3 wood 

Also, finished the round at +2, putted well, drove it well, struck it good in spots. Feels good to play ske solid golf.

Edited by Berg Ryman

SIK Golf Flo-C

Great work on the video and golf game Ryan!

One question, and I probably should have asked it at Kingsmill.

On the Callaway clubs when you change the loft or lie settings on the adjuster, does the shaft rotate like it does on the Titleist models?

Meaning, if I have it all at standard settings with logo down, does the shaft or grip rotate if it is moved to a different loft or lie setting?

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist GT2 8 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Red & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :Nippon: Modus 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM9 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 5 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review