Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

New Stand Bag

Currently i'm in the market for a new stand bag. My old titleist bag has been worn out and is looking to be retired. My only true requirements are is the bag must be 4-way and light. I searched and searched the internet and found the Vessel VLS DXR and the Titleist Players 4 Carbon. Are there any other options that I missed and have any other forum members have any experience with the bags I mentioned. 

Driver::mizuno-small:JPX Ez

3W::mizuno-small: JPX 850 15*

Hybrid: :mizuno-small: JPX EZ 18*

Irons::mizuno-small: MP-54- 4I through PW

Wedges::cleveland-small: RTX 52*56*60*

Putter: :mizuno-small:Pro 9901 or :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport Old

Ball: :titelist-small:Tour Soft

@fdlptruckie I don’t know if 4 way is a “must” but I’ve just put my eyes on the Vessel Player Air Stand. It comes in 6-way which weighs around 4.5 pounds. Made of corduroy instead of fake leather

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

@Hacker60521 I looked at the leather bag and i'm not sure how I would feel on a hot summer day walking with that kind of bag. I've always used 4-way bags and have fell in love with them. Keeps my organization simple and I know I got 4 clubs at the bottom, 3 on each side in the middle and 4 up to.

@fdlptruckie I hear you. The one I mentioned is cordura (?) so not leather.  So maybe it won’t feel the same. Funny about the four way. I have a five way top so my pattern is the same as yours except at the “top” I have two compartments that I separate as D+3W and 4H+Putter 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

• 1 month later...

That Players Carbon looks interesting, but I'm suspect of anything that light.  I learned in the backpacking and hike-in hunting world that lighter packs aren't the most comfortable.  Sometimes it's worth a couple extra pounds to have the suspension, structure, and padding to make a long carry with a heavy load comfortable.  Now what you put in it is another story.

Back to golf and your question, I just picked up a Titleist Linkslegends Members Classic (review coming soon) that I'm thrilled with.  It's got a 3-way divider, but the Members bag has the 4-way.  Materials exude quality, and the straps (it comes with both single and double) are extremely comfortable.  Worth taking a look if you can find one - I think they're pro-shop only, though.

Driver:ping-small: G410 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 55 R
Woods:taylormade-small: RocketBallz 3W, :ping-small: G425 Max 5W - Alta CB R
Irons: Ben Hogan PTx Pro 4-Pw, UST Recoil 780 ES SW F4
Wedges:  Ben Hogan Equalizer II - 50* (Tx Grind), 56*, 60*
Putter:  Mizzuno M Craft OMOI 02 Blue Ion
Ball:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I went from a nike stand bag wasn't a big fan of it. It twisted around in the cart and I wanted one with 14 slots. So then had an impulse buy on a cart bag because I typically ride... big mistake. Regretted it the first time I took it out.  But I did really like the 14 slots especially the designated putter slot to handle the big grip. So when I decided that 12 months on the cart bag enough I was determined not to regret the next purchase. I was not disappointed with the Callaway Fairway 14.  14 slots and it fits really nicely in a cart because the legs don't go all the way to the top of the bag. they start about 8 inches down the bag so that it is easily carted. Great Bag! 

Driver Ping G415, Irons Ping i525, Wedges Volkey 54 & 58, Putter Scotty Cameron Phantom 8.5 

On 7/15/2024 at 8:56 AM, Will A said:

That Players Carbon looks interesting, but I'm suspect of anything that light.  I learned in the backpacking and hike-in hunting world that lighter packs aren't the most comfortable.  Sometimes it's worth a couple extra pounds to have the suspension, structure, and padding to make a long carry with a heavy load comfortable.  Now what you put in it is another story.

Back to golf and your question, I just picked up a Titleist Linkslegends Members Classic (review coming soon) that I'm thrilled with.  It's got a 3-way divider, but the Members bag has the 4-way.  Materials exude quality, and the straps (it comes with both single and double) are extremely comfortable.  Worth taking a look if you can find one - I think they're pro-shop only, though.

Now in the world of hunting when I'm walking back deep in public land I like to be light. I have found a good pack that has been my go to pack now. Since the post I have been drawn to a 5-way bag and honestly the new leather maxfli leather bag. I might move up to 5-way or more because with the current 4-way bag and midsize grips its tough getting clubs in and out the bag. 

On 7/22/2024 at 4:21 PM, barney19 said:

I went from a nike stand bag wasn't a big fan of it. It twisted around in the cart and I wanted one with 14 slots. So then had an impulse buy on a cart bag because I typically ride... big mistake. Regretted it the first time I took it out.  But I did really like the 14 slots especially the designated putter slot to handle the big grip. So when I decided that 12 months on the cart bag enough I was determined not to regret the next purchase. I was not disappointed with the Callaway Fairway 14.  14 slots and it fits really nicely in a cart because the legs don't go all the way to the top of the bag. they start about 8 inches down the bag so that it is easily carted. Great Bag! 

Yea 14 is a tad bit much. I have been drawn to the 5-way bag now. The issue with my 4-way bag that I never took into consideration is that with midsize grips it gets hard sometimes taking clubs in and out the bag. 

• 1 month later...

Right now I am playing with the Vessel player three-stand bag for the last three years and just now it decided to crap out on me.  Before that, I had a Muzino golf bag that lasted me all the way through my high school and college years. 

I've been looking at Jones, MNML, and LinkLegengds to be my next golf ball. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated since I will be following this thread. 

JSki_Golf

On 7/23/2024 at 2:00 PM, fdlptruckie said:

Now in the world of hunting when I'm walking back deep in public land I like to be light. I have found a good pack that has been my go to pack now. Since the post I have been drawn to a 5-way bag and honestly the new leather maxfli leather bag. I might move up to 5-way or more because with the current 4-way bag and midsize grips its tough getting clubs in and out the bag. 

That new Maxfli bag looks really nice, If you could please buy it and review it I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance 🤣

Cobra Aerojet MAX 9* 

Cobra Air X 3 Wood

Cobra BioCell 7 Wood

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW

Cleveland CG 56*

Odyssey White Hot Rossie

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

On 9/12/2024 at 2:52 PM, PrayingForPar said:

That new Maxfli bag looks really nice, If you could please buy it and review it I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance 🤣

Sounds like someone doesn't like Maxfli or think they are cheap. I ordered one and will be testing it out hard over the next few months. 

11 hours ago, fdlptruckie said:

Sounds like someone doesn't like Maxfli or think they are cheap. I ordered one and will be testing it out hard over the next few months. 

I am dead serious, I really want to buy that bag! Thanks for testing it out, I look forward to your review!

Cobra Aerojet MAX 9* 

Cobra Air X 3 Wood

Cobra BioCell 7 Wood

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW

Cleveland CG 56*

Odyssey White Hot Rossie

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

On 9/14/2024 at 11:09 PM, PrayingForPar said:

I am dead serious, I really want to buy that bag! Thanks for testing it out, I look forward to your review!

LOL ok. Normally when you mention a piece of golf equipment outside of the power brands people tend to mock you and think your crazy