Exputt RG - 2024 Forum Review

4 hours ago, buckpillar said:

So ExPutt testers and followers- I've been baffled by the data I was getting for the stroke path, seemed like I was averaging 3,4 sometimes 5 and above with the stroke path cutting across the ball and leaving the face open a pinch.  Wheels started turning and after putting with a couple other putters I narrowed the issue down to my gamer and found that the putter was not squared to the putter face it was twist to the right. 

I removed it with the air compressor and reinstalled it making sure it was parallel with the face and my putting quickly improved with my gamer.

ExPutt made me start looking for the answers that would fix my stroke. Glad I was dazed and confused for a bit, if the data that the ExPutt was providing was not accurate I would not have found the issue with my putter. 

ExPutt is definitely very consistent with the data its providing for the stroke analyses, I'm looking to improve the stroke data since the grip fix and now going to really focus of distance on the 10 to 20ft range as well as the 35 to 50ft area. Although reasonably good there is room for improvement.

More to come .....    

Which putter was it?

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

This week I am appreciated the ability to set the green speed on the ExPutt. The course I am playing this week has extremely slow greens. I was able to adjust the putting speed on the ExPutt to be able to practice and improve my distance control on the local course. 

Switch hitter, RH Driver, LH Irons

Callaway Mavrik Driver (RH)

Sub 70 3i Driving/Utility iron (LH)

Maltby STi2 4i-PW, GW (LH)

Mizuno MP R Series 52 degree 

Wilson Jim Ferrier Signature SW (LH)

Mizuno TP Mills blade putter (LH)

4 minutes ago, Wolfstrum said:

This week I am appreciated the ability to set the green speed on the ExPutt. The course I am playing this week has extremely slow greens. I was able to adjust the putting speed on the ExPutt to be able to practice and improve my distance control on the local course. 

Cool beans what did you change it to

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

1 hour ago, Wolfstrum said:

Be interested to know the steps and how easy this is to do? Certainly a cool feature but have found with some of these things, if it is too hard or fiddly to do, you never actually bother using the feature...

:callaway-small: Callaway X 416
:mizuno-small: Hybrid 19° - JPX850
:cobra-small: Baffler 23° Hybrid
:mizuno-small: Irons - MPH4 5-PW
:vokey-small:SM7 54°
:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore Full-Face 50° & 58°
RUNNER Mallet putter  

4 minutes ago, SDunne said:

Be interested to know the steps and how easy this is to do? Certainly a cool feature but have found with some of these things, if it is too hard or fiddly to do, you never actually bother using the feature...

When you start practicing, whether it's just the practice or 9 holes, it gives you the settings and one of them is green speed. It's easy to change and it remembers for the next time.

GT2 10° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 60  
GT2 16.5° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 70
TSR2 18° HZRDUS Black 6.0 4G 
2 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
4 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
T150 5- PW (44) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff
Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Grip Master Tour Wrap Grips
Garmin Z30

1 minute ago, SDunne said:

In the different game or practice modes you can change the green speed very easily and change back with out any issue. 

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

1 hour ago, MissionMan said:

When you start practicing, whether it's just the practice or 9 holes, it gives you the settings and one of them is green speed. It's easy to change and it remembers for the next time.

Couldn’t have said it any better 

@MissionMan are you up for a match next Tuesday or Wednesday?

I won’t have much free time until then, I’m on my five day working right now.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

Yeah, I should be good. I'll check the diary and as its during working hours but I should be able to lock it in. Wednesday might be good as I have a new putter arriving I can test out

Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Garmin Z30

41 minutes ago, MissionMan said:

Yeah, I should be good. I'll check the diary and as it’s during working hours but I should be able to lock it in. Wednesday might be good as I have a new putter arriving I can test out

Wednesday would be better for me,  I finish up my 5 day work schedule Tuesday morning at 0800 eastern time, your 12 hrs ahead of us if I remember right.

Maybe we can get @GolfSpy BOSto join along with all the other testers if they have some free time.

@pozzit

@AverageSizedDog

@Wolfstrum

lets try to get together 

Sorry if I forgot anyone

Edited by buckpillar

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

5 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Wednesday would be better for me,  I finish up my 5 day work schedule Tuesday morning at 0800 eastern time, your 12 hrs ahead of us if I remember right.

Maybe we can get @GolfSpy BOSto join along with all the other testers if they have some free time.

@pozzit

@AverageSizedDog

@Wolfstrum

lets try to get together 

Sorry if I forgot anyone

I'm in ill try and get my Internet working and test against some random user's hopefully I don't irritate anyone too much if I still have connection issues.

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

13 hours ago, MissionMan said:

Looks like Mission and Buck answered this question. As the comment, it is very easy to change. I estimated and put it at a 7. I have been keeping it at 12 normally since the greens where I normally play are between 10 and 13. 

I will see if I can make Wednesday work. I am on vacation thru next Friday so my schedule is a little unpredictable. Doing lots of family stuff and scheduling day to day what we feel like doing. 

3 hours ago, Wolfstrum said:

I will see if I can make Wednesday work. I am on vacation thru next Friday so my schedule is a little unpredictable. Doing lots of family stuff and scheduling day to day what we feel like doing. 

been having issues too, no worries

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

3 hours ago, Wolfstrum said:

Looks like Mission and Buck answered this question. As the comment, it is very easy to change. I estimated and put it at a 7. I have been keeping it at 12 normally since the greens where I normally play are between 10 and 13. 

thats tour like speed.. may the force be in the putter!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

8 hours ago, buckpillar said:

thats tour like speed.. may the force be in the putter!

Our greens are normally 10-11, not quite as bad as that. Ive played a couple of places where we played after comps with green speeds of 13/14. It was insanity. Like trying to putt on smooth concrete.

Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Garmin Z30

1 hour ago, MissionMan said:

Our greens are normally 10-11, not quite as bad as that. Ive played a couple of places where we played after comps with green speeds of 13/14. It was insanity. Like trying to putt on smooth concrete.

And being used to the normal speeds then going to faster will always blow it way past

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

33 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

And being used to the normal speeds then going to faster will always blow it way past

It changes your approach to irons into the green. You can't afford to be above the hole

Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Garmin Z30

ExPutt - Explore Mode - Review

The EXPLORE Mode was intriguing to me, You are able to make your selections of which course you wanted to play on, then select which green from the course you decided to play, set the green speed, camera and trajectory Etc. 

20240803_204653.1.jpg.c0415c933f86ffe50ba3d3f7433f3af6.jpg

Once you have selected the green that you are going to practice on, you are taken to the green, you then select where you want to place the ball anywhere on the green, you can choose a straight put or breaking put from any distance. If you decide to make a change to a different hole or course the simulator interface is very accommodating and works with ease, all you will need to do is select a new green, where you want to putt from and practice the putt.

20240803_204801.jpg.c2b1028dacd12fa16af305345e65b96a.jpg

20240803_204714.jpg.e928dd845fbde0ea43968a7776961a16.jpg

20240803_204629.jpg.e250b0f312c2a9604befd5107464a655.jpg

What I really like about this mode is that it makes you hole out... You make the first putt great, but if you miss it short or long you have to finish the hole by making the next putt but if you miss you continue until the ball is holed.

The Explore mode is in my opinion a better practice mode to help you transition from simulator to on course adaption, it makes you focus on your initial putt more intently, then really focus more (if you missed your 1st putt) on the comeback hoping that you eliminate a 3 putt. This actually has me making more of an effort on line and speed, distance control is good but is definitely on your mind. 

** One thing I would like to see is the putting data just like in the normal practice mode, putter path, face angle ball speed etc. **

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

16 minutes ago, Hacker60521 said:

I was checking out the ExPutt website, and look what was on the home page! @cnosil

IMG_0640.jpeg

He looks so different to his profile picture in real life 😛

Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Garmin Z30

14 minutes ago, MissionMan said:

Beat me to it!  😆 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

2 hours ago, MissionMan said:

@MissionMan and @Rob Person I never met him/her. Only thing I thought was his/her name was Chris. So now I’ve learned something about him!

Edited by Hacker60521

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

5 hours ago, Hacker60521 said:

Only thing I thought was his/her name was Chris. So now I’ve learned something about him!

Technically a nickname 🙂   Name is Christopher;  which should give you an indication of gender.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 8/2/2024 at 2:34 AM, buckpillar said:

@pozzit

@AverageSizedDog

@Wolfstrum

lets try to get together 

Sorry if I forgot anyone

Got myself a new router and tried out a few rounds on Multi seems all good let's see if I can make some more birdies. 

I'm all ready for Weds night.

18 hours ago, pozzit said:

Got myself a new router and tried out a few rounds on Multi seems all good let's see if I can make some more birdies. 

I'm all ready for Weds night.

what time for Wednesday evening?

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

what time for Wednesday evening?

I'm fairly flexible is 8PM CDT work?

2 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

We were trying to shoot for 9 --- 930 pm eastern

should be able to make that work, got some practice in yesterday with my middle child.  He and I played 9 holes of multiplayer, so I'm getting a little better at reading the slope.  

I just wish the grid would cover the whole green... seems a little weak to limit the range on it given some of the pin positions I got! 

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

4 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

should be able to make that work, got some practice in yesterday with my middle child.  He and I played 9 holes of multiplayer, so I'm getting a little better at reading the slope.  

I just wish the grid would cover the whole green... seems a little weak to limit the range on it given some of the pin positions I got! 

Yea that would be nice I definitely aim outside the grid on big breakers. Also I feel it has stopped reading before it got to the hole.