Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

My "Almost" Hole-in-One (Pics)

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

I am sure there are lots of us that have been fortunate enough to get the 'ol elusive Hole-In-One. But many of us come close but never can seem to get one to drop.

So if you get one that is close or you thought for sure was in the hole when you were walking up to the green...take a pic with your phone and post the pics and all the agony that went along with it :)

#TruthDigest

No pictures...but the closest I came on a miss was on a short par 3 -- the ball hit 6" dead right of the hole...spun dead left to hole....stopped one and a half inches from paydirt.

Of course....my closest was my one and only hole in one -- 196yds...slam dunk right into the hole....never even left the flagstick from off the tee. :wacko:

CIMG9400.jpg

That's the closest I ever got to a hole-in-one, and I didn't even sink the birdie putt. Ironically this was one of my worst golfing days. I was carding nothing but double bogies. That was my only par of the day. 189 yards par 3. Hit a 3 hybrid for that one.

sdfut.jpg

Addicted to golf since February 2008

Best Score: 89

Birdies: 12

CIMG9400.jpg

That's the closest I ever got to a hole-in-one, and I didn't even sink the birdie putt. Ironically this was one of my worst golfing days. I was carding nothing but double bogies. That was my only par of the day. 189 yards par 3. Hit a 3 hybrid for that one.

Did it hit the flagstick?

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Not that you can see it, but I rolled it to 3 feet on this par 3 at Oyster Bay in 2008, my closest every!

myrtle_beach_may_2007_31_oyster_bay.jpg

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

My closest was a 174 yarder... I hit the pin and the ball rolled about 15 feet out... I missed the birdie putt and ended up parring the hole... In a way, I'm not too upset, because I was alone and no-one was there to witness it...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

I think it is 17, and yes, it's awesome hole, and also found a ton of balls in rocks at the edge of the hole all around the green!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Archived