Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

Crazy Hole-In-One (VIDEO)

GolfSpy_X

Nice! Did you hear the announcer -- 4 HIO in the same round! That's got to be an even more impressive stat.

It has happened before. They were called the 4 Aces. I think Fred Couples was one. Can't find the picture though.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

I love the fact that he won a car worth more that double his earnings so far for the year... I've seen that one before, but it was worth another watch...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

Fantastic. Would it count with your regular buddies though or would they give you crap for having to hit another ball to do it?

Likely as they are drinking the beer you bought too if your buddies are like mine.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I don't think I've ever seen someone get a hole in one off someone else's ball before. Kewl!

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Fantastic. Would it count with your regular buddies though or would they give you crap for having to hit another ball to do it?

Likely as they are drinking the beer you bought too if your buddies are like mine.

It happens so infrequently with our group - it really wouldn't matter how it is done. There would be lots of high fives and beer consumption afterward. :lol:

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

It happens so infrequently with our group - it really wouldn't matter how it is done. There would be lots of high fives and beer consumption afterward. :)

It has never happened in my group, but I can feel that a couple of weeks later, the trash talking would begin and linger...

Unless I won a car with the shot too,

Volvo Intorqueo

You guys are forgetting -- there ain't no pictures on the scorecard, just a number. ;)

I've always wondered how people happen to film these things. Do people plan to be om Golf's Amazing Videos or America's Funniest Home Videos?

It has never happened in my group, but I can feel that a couple of weeks later, the trash talking would begin and linger...

Unless I won a car with the shot too,

I heard of a great hole in one bet between two guys I played with recently. If one of them made a hole in one while playing with the other, the one who made the shot gets to buy the club of their choice, paid for by the loser. I wonder why no one will make that bet with me...

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

I heard of a great hole in one bet between two guys I played with recently. If one of them made a hole in one while playing with the other, the one who made the shot gets to buy the club of their choice, paid for by the loser. I wonder why no one will make that bet with me...

That almost makes more sense. Played with a guy who after his first hole in one gave the clubhouse bar his credit card to buy a round. Guys were buying sandwiches and all kinds of stuff. $450 hole in one.

It is almost unlucky to get one in a situation like that.

For his second, he put $200 on the bar and said drinks until it is gone. much safer

Volvo Intorqueo

never understood the whole u buy drinks when u get a hole in one should be everyone buying u drinks and driving ur arse home afterwards but i think it is a sham by ur golf group to be honest ur on a natural HIGH a hole in one a rarity in golf so u arent thinking clear all day afterwards sure ill buy drinks blah blah but why ?????

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

You guys are forgetting -- there ain't no pictures on the scorecard, just a number. :blink:

And your point is.... LOL.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

For his second, he put $200 on the bar and said drinks until it is gone. much safer

That's a very good idea, actually.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

never understood the whole u buy drinks when u get a hole in one should be everyone buying u drinks and driving ur arse home afterwards but i think it is a sham by ur golf group to be honest ur on a natural HIGH a hole in one a rarity in golf so u arent thinking clear all day afterwards sure ill buy drinks blah blah but why ?????

I'm with you on this, I never understood it either.

That almost makes more sense. Played with a guy who after his first hole in one gave the clubhouse bar his credit card to buy a round. Guys were buying sandwiches and all kinds of stuff. $450 hole in one.

That's not cool at all. How many people were in there drinking & eating, to run up a tab like that? Guess he built up some serious good karma with that, though, if he got a second.

A lot of clubs or Golf associations have some kind of HIO club where everyone kicks in a few bucks to help off-set the bar tab. Here at my club, it cost $20 to get in the club....and every time someone gets a HIO if you are in the club, you get charged $20. $10 of that goes to the person that got the HIO and $10 goes to golf shop credit.

• SPY VIP

A lot of clubs or Golf associations have some kind of HIO club where everyone kicks in a few bucks to help off-set the bar tab. Here at my club, it cost $20 to get in the club....and every time someone gets a HIO if you are in the club, you get charged $20. $10 of that goes to the person that got the HIO and $10 goes to golf shop credit.

Now that is a great idea. Much better than getting tagged two bills or more for your good fortune. Providing there are not like 5 HIO in a week...

Volvo Intorqueo

Now that is a great idea. Much better than getting tagged two bills or more for your good fortune. Providing there are not like 5 HIO in a week...

Pay your money...take your chance. :D

I got lucky. I won something like $500...and when I went in the bar after my HIO the place was empty. Just me and my 3 playing partners. :)

That is a cool idea.

On the hole-in-one topic: has anyone gotten some sweet stuff from their OEMs after their HIO? I know that many companies will send you a bag tag or something like that if you make an ace with their product. If you've got something, show it off!

That is a cool idea.

On the hole-in-one topic: has anyone gotten some sweet stuff from their OEMs after their HIO? I know that many companies will send you a bag tag or something like that if you make an ace with their product. If you've got something, show it off!

I got a nice plaque from Callaway for my hole in one with both one of their clubs and one of their balls. I had to send in some certification attested to by my pro and the people in my group.

IIRC, Titleist will supposedly do the same.

Archived