Testers Wanted: CaddyDaddy The Claw Golf Gloves ×

SuperStroke grip users: any discomfort issues?

Moecat

I just had a 2.0 Mid Slim installed, and the thickness fits my hand size perfectly.

However, after putting practice I did experience some lingering soreness in my palm ... I believe it's in the abductor digiti minimi muscle area as seen in the picture below:

Hand-Anatomy.jpg

It could be that I'm used to the "pistol" curvature of the traditional putter grip, and that I need to acclimate myself to the straighter shape of the SuperStroke. I do make a conscious effort to maintain light grip pressure, but perhaps I also need to focus harder on this aspect as well.

I really do like the SuperStroke and am determined to make it work, but hopefully not at the cost of unnecessary pain/discomfort.

Any MGS-ers here experience similar issues? If so, what was your solution?

That is really strange, it must just put your hand in the perfectly worst position. Any chance you have some carpal tunnel or arthritis or something that it is aggravating? Some kind of tendonitis maybe? What kind of pain is it? Either way, I don't think I'd be gaming a grip that caused pain. Putting is tough enough as it is!

I just switched to the Mid-Slim as well on my gamer, and the one thing I notice is that it REALLY relaxes my grip pressure, so much so that I'm having a bit of an issue leaving putts short.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

A few weeks ago I was on the site to order the Super Stroke grip. They had so many of them I decided to experiment to find the right size. I used Ace bandages and wrapped my grip. Started with 2" and worked down. It turns out that the bigger the grip the worse I putt.

This led me to have my mid size pistol replaced with the smallest grip at the pro shop. I putted really well for a couple of weeks. Then I injured my left thumb/wrist and when I held the putter it felt as if my thumb would fall off. So I grabbed the broomstick putter I had with me. I had not used this in several months, but I have been putting awesome with it.

I hit a tree root and it was more the angle that wrist was in that caused the issue. I do not know if I am over that problem or not. I putted so well, I did not even care.

Slightly OT but I never realized how much difference there is in the wrist angle between putting and a regular swing. With the broomstick putter the wrist are so much straighter than a conventional putter, and also upside down. Way more comfortable especially with the injury.

:callaway-small: Paradym 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:mizuno-small: ST190 5W  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:taylormade-small: GAPR Mid 3  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small: GAPR Mid 4 on Graphite Design AD DI 7S 

:taylormade-small: P790 Black 5-G on :kbs: TGI 80S 

:mizuno-small: ES21 54° & 58° on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

That is really strange, it must just put your hand in the perfectly worst position. Any chance you have some carpal tunnel or arthritis or something that it is aggravating? Some kind of tendonitis maybe? What kind of pain is it?

No pre-existing issues regarding the hand. Just a dull ache in that abductor muscle area. Anyway, I'll see how things change by gripping the putter lower, towards the shaft.

The Mr. surprised me with replacing my twisted putter a slim 1.0" SuperStroke grip. I have only been on the putting green getting used to it for the past couple of days. So far no problem. I have little hands, maybe you need to adjust your grip or drop your grip down in size? Not sure. Did you only do putting practice that day?

I can update again once I get my first round in tomorrow morning.

I've got a 3.0 and a ganglion cyst on the right hand, and no discomfort issues at all. Mostly practice up to 100 putts at a session.

In my Clicgear B3

Callaway FTi 9* Aldila NVS S flex

Callaway X Hot Pro 3W

Callaway X Hot 3H

Callaway X Hot 4H

Callaway X Hot 5-AW 2* flat

Cleveland CG-10 56*

Callaway X Forged 60/9

Yes! Callie w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0

Archived