Got To Love these claims

TWShoot67

Guaranteed 20 Yard's Longer - Tour Edge's New CB3 Tour Fairway Wood.

Batavia, IL - From the beginning, Exotics fairway woods have inspired both tour pros and amateurs alike. Now, in the tradition of the popular CB2, the Exotics design team is proud to introduce the next generation: the CB3. In fact, Tour Edge is so proud of the CB3, they are guaranteeing it is 20-yards longer than your current fairway wood.

Improving on the past, the CB3 Tour boasts a forged 15-3-3-3 titanium cupped face that is lighter and more powerful, delivering undeniable real-world performance. The club's new and improved variable face thickness includes a thinner perimeter ring around the striking surface. This makes it the thinnest fairway wood face in golf and produces one of the longest hitting, best feeling Exotics fairway woods yet.

The club's breathtaking looks and jaw-dropping performance compliment its traditional design that combines a high-tech, titanium cupped face with a heavier hyper steel body. Focusing entirely on performance, every single gram of excess weight is eliminated from the face area and shifted to the rear skirt and sole for a deeper center of gravity.

Just like previous versions, the CB3 Tour utilizes our revolutionary no-weld Combo-Brazing process. The two dissimilar metals, titanium and steel, are chemically treated, pressed together, and vacuum heat cured for permanent bonding without welding. The intrinsic quality of the process is unparalleled, resulting in a lower and deeper center of gravity, greater spring off-the face, unheard of feel, and a pure energy transfer that's not possible from a traditional welded club head.

For the ultimate in workability, the CB3 Tour has a smaller tour preferred, classic pear shaped head, lower spin rate, and a higher center of gravity location that promotes a more explosive launch from any lie.

Tour Edge invites you to take the distance challenge and discover for yourself the extra distance you've been waiting for. If the CB3 Tour fairway wood doesn't deliver 20-extra yards to your game you can return it under the company's 30-day play guarantee for a store credit or refund depending on the retailer's policy. The fairway wood sells for $299 and comes with a Fujikura Motore Tour White graphite shaft. All Tour Edge clubs come with lifetime warranty. For more information, call (800) 515-3343 or visit www.exoticsgolf.com.

About Tour Edge

Located in Batavia, IL, Tour Edge manufacturers and sells golf clubs under both the Exotics and Tour Edge brands names. Exotics golf clubs are for those who demand the finest performing golf clubs in the world. With experienced designers and smaller production runs, Exotics by Tour Edge can bring futuristic technologies to the marketplace months, even years, ahead of its time. Exotics' manufactures the finest quality, high-technology golf clubs and hand-assembles them one set at a time. The company's clubs are distributed throughout the United States and the world. Availability ranges from some of the finest green-grass locations in the country to the largest discount golf shops. High resolution images are available at www.touredge.com (select media site).

Jay Hubbard

jhubbard@touredge.com

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Never played a Exotics club myself but here's the link to see this club:

http://exoticsgolf.com/

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

I love my older model Exotics 3W. +20 yards, not really seeing that, but the distance off a tee is huge.

Long and straight off the grass.

Maybe MGS can run a expose' on the 20 yard claim...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

If you have never hit one, give it a swing. Again, I can't document any distance claim, but the feel at impact and the tone are very pleasing. Tracman would be interesting though.

Volvo Intorqueo

I love my older model Exotics 3W. +20 yards, not really seeing that, but the distance off a tee is huge.

Long and straight off the grass.

Maybe MGS can run a expose' on the 20 yard claim...

I would like to see their claim debunked, it would be a good read.

• SPY VIP

I would like to see their claim debunked, it would be a good read.

Would you also like to read it supported? Maybe they have data supporting it? Keep that open mind. :ph34r:

Volvo Intorqueo

Tim, it looks like business as usual in the marketing world :)

You know it.... if all those claims that TM has had over the years since the BUBBLE SHAFT Titanium Drivers. I would be able to drive every par 4 ever made! LOL

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

Blasted the crap out of my exotics 3W on the range this afternoon. If you are in the market for a 3W, I wouldn't laugh off the possibility immediately.

Volvo Intorqueo

I wasn't trying to bash any OEM. I'm just stating how pretty amazing how they say they guarantee it. How do you guarantee anything in Golf except maybe for warranty issues. As far as performance goes, every club that's come out over the last say 10 years has been saying the same thing like 10, 20 30 yard gains. Now if we go back to their original club that was stated as going lets say 250 yards for a driver . Well with all these gains we should be hitting balls 400 off the tee that's all I was trying to say. :) Hey all I've heard from many different players that Exotic woods are hot. But I've also heard in some forums that Adams 5050 was the longest and so on and so on. So i guess i'll start another topic and see what everyone thinks!

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

Not for anything, but how many of you really need to hit your 3 &/or 5 wood 20 yards longer? For me that's a 260-270 yard 3 wood (best case of course), and a 240-250 yard 5 wood. The next club in my bag is my 3 hybrid, which I usually don't get more than 215 out of. That's more of a gap than I want.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of short clubs, but beyond the driver, I think distance is over-rated. You don't need to hit everything 200+ yards. There's a reason why we carry 14 clubs.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• SPY VIP

I wasn't trying to bash any OEM. I'm just stating how pretty amazing how they say they guarantee it. How do you guarantee anything in Golf except maybe for warranty issues. As far as performance goes, every club that's come out over the last say 10 years has been saying the same thing like 10, 20 30 yard gains. Now if we go back to their original club that was stated as going lets say 250 yards for a driver . Well with all these gains we should be hitting balls 400 off the tee that's all I was trying to say. :lol: Hey all I've heard from many different players that Exotic woods are hot. But I've also heard in some forums that Adams 5050 was the longest and so on and so on. So i guess i'll start another topic and see what everyone thinks!

Tim

Yah I see that Tim. I am probably overly protective of Exotics because I just bought mine three weeks ago... :huh:

Maybe they need to add a YMMV clause to the claim.

Volvo Intorqueo

Yah I see that Tim. I am probably overly protective of Exotics because I just bought mine three weeks ago... :(

Maybe they need to add a YMMV clause to the claim.

That would instantly be my favorite golf ad ever, simply for the honesty:

"20 Yard Longer, GUARANTEED...YMMV."

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

After years of hearing the lore of the TE 3wd's, I finally bought a CB1 and CB2 at the end of last season. Initial testing showed that....I'd need more testing. I'll give them a good run through as soon as the weather turns, and see what I think.

Not for anything, but how many of you really need to hit your 3 &/or 5 wood 20 yards longer? For me that's a 260-270 yard 3 wood (best case of course), and a 240-250 yard 5 wood. The next club in my bag is my 3 hybrid, which I usually don't get more than 215 out of. That's more of a gap than I want.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of short clubs, but beyond the driver, I think distance is over-rated. You don't need to hit everything 200+ yards. There's a reason why we carry 14 clubs.

Well put. IMO everything except the driver is all about filling distance gaps.

I would put my 08 Burner 3 wood up against it any time!

Do it, and you will end up about 20 yards short...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Just may mean you only need the 3wood and you can add an extra wedge and get rid of driver as many weekend golfers can't hit their drivers anyway and they should concentrate more on short game anyway! :)

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

Do it, and you will end up about 20 yards short...

I would pit it against my Adams BUL and let the chips fall where they may.... if they'd send me one to demo. ;)

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

i have a CB1 with a Pro95 that was my gamer for over 2 years. I recently tried the wishon 949 with a speeder 952....this club is easier to hit off all lies...including bare ones. This is something that the CB1 was not good at IMO. The 949 is just as long, max COR.

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

Tour Edge is in Illinois, they ought to hook you up.

Added that to my list of post April 1 to-do's. The list is getting long.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

i have a CB1 with a Pro95 that was my gamer for over 2 years. I recently tried the wishon 949 with a speeder 952....this club is easier to hit off all lies...including bare ones. This is something that the CB1 was not good at IMO. The 949 is just as long, max COR.

Yeah, the CB1 is a monster and a beloved club among better players no doubt, but it isn't known for its forgiveness off the deck.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I want a 240-260ish yd 3wd to go with my 225-240ish 2-hybrid...from there I go to my 220ish 3-hybrid, and from there to my 200-210 4 iron....and on down.

Archived