Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Game Golf is here

PlaidJacket

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT GAME GOLF

I've just gotten off the phone with John McGuire - CEO of Game Golf. He called me and we had a nice 15 minute or so discussion. I'm going to get my GG back asap and began using it again this weekend. He only asked that going forward I'd work directly with him. This will begin this weekend after I play my next round. Before I even upload my round we'll get together on the phone and move through the process together. I'll have his personal email and phone number to discuss any issues, etc.

I've got to say... I was shocked to get the call. John was very nice to talk to and as you'd imagine he is focused like a laser on GG. I will be too. As I've said all along I want and hope GG succeeds. I ask you... when was the last time any CEO of any company called you when you've had a complaint or been disappointed with a product or service.

I think this will help everyone. I'll now be inside the ropes so to speak and will be able to pass along what I learn from John and he'll hear from me and others what needs to be fixed, added, enhanced, etc. How great is that?

I'm ready.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT GAME GOLF

I've just gotten off the phone with John McGuire - CEO of Game Golf. He called me and we had a nice 15 minute or so discussion. I'm going to get my GG back asap and began using it again this weekend. He only asked that going forward I'd work directly with him. This will begin this weekend after I play my next round. Before I even upload my round we'll get together on the phone and move through the process together. I'll have his personal email and phone number to discuss any issues, etc.

I've got to say... I was shocked to get the call. John was very nice to talk to and as you'd imagine he is focused like a laser on GG. I will be too. As I've said all along I want and hope GG succeeds. I ask you... when was the last time any CEO of any company called you when you've had a complaint or been disappointed with a product or service.

I think this will help everyone. I'll now be inside the ropes so to speak and will be able to pass along what I learn from John and he'll hear from me and others what needs to be fixed, added, enhanced, etc. How great is that?

I'm ready.

This is good news and supports what I wrote in my response to your PM. They certainly seem to realize that they have several serious issues to deal with and could very quickly lose customers. Why not try to bring those customers in to help be part of the solution? That has been my recent experience with their customer service, anyway. I think many of us here agree that this could be a very cool, useful tool and we want to see it work. It's been frustrating so far but I've decided to stick with it a bit longer to see if the issues can be worked through. Will keep you all informed as the adventure continues.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

I'm glad they contacted you,  it seems to be very good customer service.  To be honest with you, I was on the fence of returning it was well, but every issue I have had has been dealt with very efficiently by their staff.  I decided to wait out the bugs as I do believe they will get fixed quickly.  Glad to hear they are taking a proactive approach to the issues and the forum seems to be a good sounding board.  Hopefully they can use some of our information to help.

I didn't receive my new GG for the weekend. It's been shipped and I'll have it delivered on Monday. There's not going to be any golf here anyway this weekend. The weather turned funky on us for a change. The good news is daylight savings time begins this weekend. Finally. I'll have time now after work to get out and practice on grass and even play a quick 9.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Man this is frustrating. I thought things were going along fairly well, though slowly. Trying to edit yesterday's round. However, the "Add a Tee Shot" DOES NOT WORK. Still. I was using the "Add a Shot" work around until it also stopped working on the 16th hole. So, I am over an hour into the process and still have 16 and 17 unfinished. I need to add a shot each to those holes but the function is not working. I signed out and will go back in later to see if things have changed. Hopefully all of my other edits are still there. If not there will be yelling.

Update: OK, the good news is I went back to the round and both the "Add a Tee Shot" and "Add a Shot" functions worked and I was able to complete the round. The bad news is it took two separate tries and well over 1.5 hours to do it.

STX xForm 3, 35"

I can't see why it's a good thing that the CEO is calling unhappy customers and helping them deal with their problems. It's a good thing for that specific customer who gets the call and the help, but for everyone else it would be better if they spent their time on making a functioning product. 

A CEO doing this is a PR trick. Nothing more. 

I really like these "tracking devices", but they need to show that they can do more than just show your shots. The statistics and social aspect needs to be included. 

I can't see why it's a good thing that the CEO is calling unhappy customers and helping them deal with their problems. It's a good thing for that specific customer who gets the call and the help, but for everyone else it would be better if they spent their time on making a functioning product.

A CEO doing this is a PR trick. Nothing more.

I really like these "tracking devices", but they need to show that they can do more than just show your shots. The statistics and social aspect needs to be included.

I was gonna say the same thing earlier this week. I completely agree. It's great the CEO called and wants to help. But better yet, how about a good product that works for all of us? Even schmucks like me who don't have a direct line with the CEO.

To GG: This thing looks super cool. But if you want me to shell out $250, the software has to work reliably.

I'm sure they'll get it working, but until then, my money is staying in my pocket.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I didn't get to use mine today. It's being returned and I will have it tomorrow.

We'll, since I'm the guy the CEO contacted I know he's reading this forum. Anyway... it's disappointing to hear the complaints today. I've had the same problems myself. There are many other issues was well. I'll probably not get a chance to use mine until next weekend. At that time I'm supposed to have the CEO online with me. Unless these initial basic issues are resolved before then, then I'm not too sure what we'll accomplish. We'll see.

I'm not a social user at this time but there is one guy that sends me his rounds almost daily. They are never correct. His score card will show a round of even par but his actual shots/tags will show him 23 over!! Ha. I don't think he edits anything. But the GG system is still wrong. They don't match.

Well I got my second round in yesterday and I will say that while not perfect, it was definitely easier than the first time.  I forgot to tag twice in nine holes, so i'm sure the sure amount of editing I had to do compared to the first time made it easier, but when editing the shots did take this time and it didn't freeze up.  On a note with that, i also used Chrome as advised, so that may have had something to do with it as opposed to using internet explorer.  I had two interesting issues that came up.  1) on two holes when it loaded, there were two holes listed.  Number 6 and Number 8.  Each one had the correct shots for the first one and a single shot on the duplicated hole.  On both holes I walked into the other fairway to help a friend look for a ball, so I'm not sure if it triggered the extra hole or not.  I have emailed Game Golf in regards.  Deleting the holes went smoothly though.  The other issue was that several holes were about 20 yds off.  Yardage was right, but the whole map was shifted.  This is an issue with fairways and greens in regulation though, so lets hope they remap the course soon.  Overall, not perfect, but much better than the first.  Hopefully the fixes continue to happen and it only gets better.  I've committed to not returning it and using it through the summer so we will see.

I guess that's a good thing. FedEx just delivered my GG back so I'll probably get it set back up again in the next evening or two.

Hopefully I'll play this coming Saturday and we'll see.

GG sounds like it would be pretty cool, but there is no way I am going to spend money on something like this if it takes more than 2-3 minutes to get a round entered/edited. This sounds like it's still in the alpha stage to me and would just piss me off.

:callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5&deg - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: mini 1.5 14° - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: XR OS 16 Hybrid (3-5) - Fubuki AT 55/60 regular shafts

:callaway-small: Apex (6-PW) - Recoil 65 F3 regular shafts 1°flat

:callaway-small: MD4 Tour Chrome wedges (50W/54S/58C) - S200 1°flat

:scotty-small: Futura X 34" - Superstroke Slim 3.0

Hi Guys,

Well I finally got out today with my first round using GameGolf.  I haven't played in nearly 3 months so this was a knock the rust off round.  I only played 9 but I found using GG to be fairly easy and straightforward.  As others have mentioned you need to develop/adapt your routine to incorporate touching your club to the sensor.  I experimented with doing it before and after my shot which had the side effect of me forgetting if I had done it at all.  I believe I will work it into my pre shot routine, because after I hit a shot I am too focussed on the outcome to consistently remember to touch the sensor.

I have never been comfortable wearing things on my belt.  I have tried many smart phone belt clips and have broken or knocked off all of them.  So I tried keeping the GG unit in my pocket.  I thought this was working well until I went home and uploaded my round.  Upon reviewing my round I discovered I recorded shots as I was putting my clubs back in my bag.  I am playing 18 tomorrow so I will try it on my belt clip.

Overall I think this going to be a product I will enjoy and use all the time.  The ability to go back and visually review my round is going to do wonders for me.  I usually try to do this in my head, but GG will make it much easier.  There are issues that need to be addressed  but they are not major in my mind.  Like using irons for chipping.  I used my 9 iron today several times for chipping and only once from the field so my 9 iron avg is currently 24yards.  

Ill update you guys after tomorrow to see if this is a long term relationship for me or just puppy love.

I ordered this device even though I should have probably spent the money on lessons. But im a gadget geek at times and thought this would be fun.

I haven't gone out and played since I received Game Golf but a very good friend/golf buddy has. So far in our area, he said it seems to be pretty accurate. Issues with editing haven't been as bad the more he uses it.

I have asked questions and without using it first hand there are some things I am curious about. Why can't you check out your stats for a round without saving it? Or can you?

At any time can you delete your stats and rounds and start over? Maybe after each season? Or maybe you just want a fresh start. So far Ive been told you can create another email account and go that route if you want to start over. Something someone like me would be interested in doing after I take a series of lessons.

As far as using another club to chip or bump and run, cant you just pocket a tag you arent using as a wedge of some sort and use any club you want? I think someone suggested that on either this site or another. Would or does that work?

I still can't wait to get out and play with my new toy!

I enjoy reading everyones expieriences with this and hope to see everyone with updates, suggestions, comments and questions concerning Game Golf.

Round 2 

Incorporating it as part of my shot routine is becoming increasingly easier.  If I continue to use this product I can see it becoming a process I don't have to think about.

I don't know what happened today but the locations were off considerably.  I do not know if this is a GPS issue or plotting onto google maps, but on many holes it had me teeing off in the woods 20 yards to the right of the tee box.  I found myself having to adjust most of my shots on the map.  Which is easy to do but time consuming.  If I have to correct so many shot in the future, I won't continue to use it.  These issues have brought doubts into my mind that the numbers are accurate.  

Saturday I am playing again and this time I will use Tour Caddie on my IPhone  to verify the numbers.

The more I think about it the more I see GameGolf as incomplete for what I truly want.

Does it keep your score?  Not on the course, but yes when your download the info to your computer.  However there are usually edits that must be done to correct what has been recorded.

Doe it track the distance of your shots?  Yes but not while your on the course.  I have used TourCaddie to track my shots, however to be honest,  usually only my favorable drives.  I never tracked my other clubs because it was to time consuming  and annoying to my friends.  GameGolf makes it seamless to track ALL your shots with ALL your clubs.  However, I am not sure these numbers are accurate after my last round. 

The real problem I see is there isn't a product that does everything I need on and off the course and using more then one is just a waste of time.

I want a product that will record my scores, record my distances and make them available to me realtime.    If GameGolf had bluetooth capabilities and could transfer the data to my phone real time to a program like Tourcaddie it would be a grand slam home run.  

Some day some one will put the pieces together.

Tomorrow I'll give GG another try. This will be my 3rd time. Recall, I returned mine for a refund. Then I was contacted by John Mcquire - CEO Game Golf to ask me to give it another try and work directly with them for a while. I agreed and they sent it back to me. Some called that a PR stunt. Perhaps it is but I don't feel that way because I truly want the device to work and succeed. Time will tell. So, the plan for tomorrow is that I'll play my round and sometime later in the day I'll upload my round and work with them using Go To Meeting. This will enable them to see exactly what I'm doing in real time. We'll be able to talk on the phone while I'm working through my upload and editing, etc

I'll be back tomorrow..

Just a note on your post Bart, I contacted GC when my course was off by 20 or 30 yards and they "remapped the course" within days.  Next time it was correct.  Just an observation.  Also I was worried about distance as well, but I happen to track my distances during the round that was off and they were pretty accurate, within 2 to 3 yds.  Point A to Point B is still the same, everything else was just shifted the 20 to 30 yrds...  Just adding what I know... I'm with you on most of the points you made, wish the actual GC contraption had a screen on it that could show current info..

I went to the course today to play my usual Saturday round and use GG. Unfortuantely it would not power on. I tried for several minutes but nothing. I put it away in my bag and went on. Afterwards I called Jacob. He said I had received one of the unit that has a power button issue. He said to try mashing the button area between where it says GAME and the 3 little lights. It took me a few trys but I did finally get it to turn on. I had to basically bury my thumbnail down into the rubber pretty hard. I thought I might break through the material.

Anyway... we didn't get to do anything today. Jacob said they are aware of the issue and are working to correct it. He'll send me another unit this week and we'll try again.

I went to the course today to play my usual Saturday round and use GG. Unfortuantely it would not power on. I tried for several minutes but nothing. I put it away in my bag and went on. Afterwards I called Jacob. He said I had received one of the unit that has a power button issue. He said to try mashing the button area between where it says GAME and the 3 little lights. It took me a few trys but I did finally get it to turn on. I had to basically bury my thumbnail down into the rubber pretty hard. I thought I might break through the material.

Anyway... we didn't get to do anything today. Jacob said they are aware of the issue and are working to correct it. He'll send me another unit this week and we'll try again.

I admire your resolve to give this thing a chance!

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

So we can pretty much agree it's not ready for prime time yet right?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

So we can pretty much agree it's not ready for prime time yet right?

Software wise, not so much...hardware, yes.

Why? Because there are always going to be some duds come up in manufacturing that squeak past QC...look at vehicle recalls.

Software, there "should" be bugs because you just can't get it right straight out of the box, but this time the release should have waited longer for more debugging to have occured.

Edited because I'm an idiot and had the hardware and software back to front.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Software wise, yes...hardware, not so much.

Why? Because there are always going to be some duds come up in manufacturing that squeak past QC...look at vehicle recalls.

Software, there "should" be bugs because you just can't get it right straight out of the box, but this time the release should have waited longer for more debugging to have occured.

I'm not put off with the hardware either. I've said before that I think it's pretty good. Simple and it works. I don't fault GG for the defective device with a faulty on/off button. S%&t happens. I'll get a replacement. It'll work and we'll move forward.

Software wise, yes...hardware, not so much.

I would say just the opposite. The hardware is the strong point to the device, IMO. The software is versions away from being ready, just based on my experiences and what I've been reading.

STX xForm 3, 35"

Played 9 this afternoon and uploaded the round this evening. Things were going really, really well until the 9th. I met the "Error, please try again later" message. That was a new one. So, I was able to sign in again later and finish the edit, but I'm 0 for 4 on completing the edit on the first try.

STX xForm 3, 35"

I used my Game Golf device for the first time this past Tuesday. I am not a good golfer by any means. In fact i was hesitant to use this yet as I am beginning to take lessons. But I did use it and I cant complain about it. I tagged every shot and it seemed to work just fine. The yardages appeared to be very accurate.

The only problem I had was during editing and that was from me not playing around with it enough. My buddy told me how to do it for next time. Adding penalties was not a problem. I did have to go away from the page after I edited it and come back to see the changed made before I signed the round. I didnt want to sign it first and have it be inaccurate.

Next time I am thinking of bringing a notebook with me to take notes as i am soemtimes all over the place to see how it stacks up. But from what I noticed my last round, it seemed to be working well.

Welcome to the forum. I think you hit on one of the most glaring shortcomings of the edit process: the fact that you can't see your edits recorded as you make them. The summary and score card pages do not show them until you exit and re- enter the edit section. I have had to sign out of my profile completely and sign in again before I was sure my edits were recorded. Because once you sign, there is no editing.

STX xForm 3, 35"

It's almost like the developers they used never played golf or tried to use it. I've seen this many times in my career. Software that was spec'd and designed by developers... Not actual users that were telling them how it should work. I can't believe this software actually made it through any real world testing. My guess is they said, the hardware is ready and we can fix the software later.

Big mistake when you have software that sucks, because people won't care how good the hardware is.

:callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5&deg - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: mini 1.5 14° - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: XR OS 16 Hybrid (3-5) - Fubuki AT 55/60 regular shafts

:callaway-small: Apex (6-PW) - Recoil 65 F3 regular shafts 1°flat

:callaway-small: MD4 Tour Chrome wedges (50W/54S/58C) - S200 1°flat

:scotty-small: Futura X 34" - Superstroke Slim 3.0

If you feel you have to take notes during the round to make sure Game Golf has registered shots correctly....... I'm sorry, but that's a complete disaster.

Another weekend has arrived. I'm supposed to receive my second replacement unit today. Recall, last weekend the device had a defective on/off button. So, if things work out as planned I'll take GG to the course this weekend and give it a try. Hopefully the guys at GG will link into me after the round and we'll review and discuss how things are going.

Here's something I discovered yesterday. When I'm using GG on my phone I have a nice green golf course to view. When I look at my round on my PC at home I see a brown winter time view. with a few tarps on some greens. It's ugly. GG says it's the difference between Apple maps and Google maps. Perhaps. Yesterday I was looking at my home course with Google Earth. The first view I saw was the  brown ugly course photo. It's the most recent.. But, if I slide the time-line back a little I can see an earlier course satellite photo that is green and beautiful. That's what I want to see. I'm going to ask for a change.

Tomorrow I'll give GG another try. This will be my 3rd time. Recall, I returned mine for a refund. Then I was contacted by John Mcquire - CEO Game Golf to ask me to give it another try and work directly with them for a while. I agreed and they sent it back to me. Some called that a PR stunt. Perhaps it is but I don't feel that way because I truly want the device to work and succeed. Time will tell. So, the plan for tomorrow is that I'll play my round and sometime later in the day I'll upload my round and work with them using Go To Meeting. This will enable them to see exactly what I'm doing in real time. We'll be able to talk on the phone while I'm working through my upload and editing, etc

I'll be back tomorrow..

To me, the image of the course is a minor issue. I am more worried about the inability to edit rounds without errors, freezing, etc. When they fix that, I'll be buying GG.

I play Sunday. I'm bringing my phone with the free GolfLogix app, that allows me to track yardages, clubs, score, stats, etc. and, of course, the on course GPS.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

To me, the image of the course is a minor issue. I am more worried about the inability to edit rounds without errors, freezing, etc. When they fix that, I'll be buying GG.

I play Sunday. I'm bringing my phone with the free GolfLogix app, that allows me to track yardages, clubs, score, stats, etc. and, of course, the on course GPS.

Gotta agree here. The product will mature over time, but it sounds like the editing should be top priority. A lot of folks would want the most up to date image and others, like you, want the prettiest.

How do you automatically detect the prettiest anyway without someone manually scanning images? I guess you could pick a certain time of year and go with that, but some courses may have been recently renovated and users wouldn't want that.

Recent is the easiest by far.

Archived