Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

#MediaKitMonday - adidas asym energy boost

• SPY VIP

AsymBoost-1.jpg

Although I've barely had time to play any golf in the first rendition of the adidas Boost golf shoe, the company is already offering up an interesting alternative, the asym energy boost.

As the name implies, the asym is an asymmetrical version of what is, for me anyway, a very comfortable golf shoe. The idea behind the asym is that your feet work differently during the golf swing (different pressure points...that sort of thing), and so it makes sense to optimize the grip/spike/tread pattern for the individual role each foot plays in the swing.

AsymBoost-3.jpg

Worth noting, adidas isn't the first to try an asymmetrical tread pattern. Before Puma gobbled up Cobra, they sent me an asymmetrical shoe. Don't hold me to it, but I want to say that Geoff Oglivy one the Accenture match play wearing it...but again, I'm not 100% on that. Anyway, my recollection is that that wasn't nearly as aggressive with respect to how different the tread pattern was on each shoe. 

Again...still snow on the ground, but I'll get these out for some on course time as soon as I possibly can.

AsymBoost-2.jpg

AsymBoost-4.jpg

AsymBoost-5.jpg

AsymBoost-6.jpg

AsymBoost-7.jpg

AsymBoost-8.jpg

AsymBoost-9.jpg

AsymBoost-10.jpg

AsymBoost-11.jpg

AsymBoost-12.jpg

AsymBoost-13.jpg

AsymBoost-14.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Archived