Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Brands

Mizuno2

I'm sure this topic has come up but I was curious as too everyone's opinion on having all one brand in the bag or a mixed bag?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver- Mizuno jpx Ez 9.5(set to low) with Matrix Red tie limited edition masters green with multicompound red platinum 44.5" f3 wood- Adams tight lies 16* Mitsubishi rayon fubuki x flex3-9 irons- Mizuno T-zoid pro irons s300 w sensicores47*, 56* Mizuno s5 wedge white satinPutter- odyssey #9 pro with super stroke 3.0All other clubs have different coloured multi compounds

I've only ever had a single brand in my bag once- when I won a full bag of clubs... I never stick to one brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I would like to have one brand throughout the bag but I at least want the wedges and irons to match for feel purposes. I am kinda Mizuno biased on that note.

Driver- Mizuno jpx Ez 9.5(set to low) with Matrix Red tie limited edition masters green with multicompound red platinum 44.5" f3 wood- Adams tight lies 16* Mitsubishi rayon fubuki x flex3-9 irons- Mizuno T-zoid pro irons s300 w sensicores47*, 56* Mizuno s5 wedge white satinPutter- odyssey #9 pro with super stroke 3.0All other clubs have different coloured multi compounds

... While I can imagine having a bag full of one OEM ... maybe Cobra or Titleist ... I have never come close since my days with the IPGA when I was sponsored by several different OEMs over the years but never had all their clubs in my bag. Just too many great clubs from different OEMs at any given point and time to have all of one in my bag. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Same boat at the guys above have posted.  I don't get sponsored and paid to play a specific brand.  So I'm going to play whatever brand and clubs allow me to shoot the lowest scores with the budget I have for clubs.  I could care less who's name is stamped on them.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

When I got fitted for my irons, I did end up getting matching brand wedges, partly because I wanted matching "feel" and brand, and mostly because they were awesome. My last driver, fairway and hybrid all matched brand and line ( Cobra AMP) on purpose through self trial and because I did want them to match.

Last year, I upgraded my woods and hybrid, getting fitted for my new Cobra driver. I snapped the shaft screwing around with my AMP 3 wood, and when I replaced the shaft, it just lost its magic, and switched to a TE CB4 4 wood i got on craigslist for 20 bucks. I also got my current Wilson hybrid on a clearance sale on budget golf.

Im I longer matchy-matchy, unless of course I luck into the srixon sweepstakes

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

It all depends on what clubs work for you. As you can see from my signature below, most of my bag is Callaway gear, but to be honest I'd change the driver to an R15 TP, fairway to an M2, the irons to Callaway Apex Pro or some other players irons (I'm itching to try out the Srixon and Mizuno irons as well), and change the putter to an Odyssey (mine's about 4 years old and the grip's going).

Every golfer's different in how they respond to different clubs, so there will be a lot of people who are comfortable with a single brand in the bag or a mixed one.

The message is a simple one - get fitted by a professional!

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid (not in play): Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Driving Iron: Wilson Staff Utility Iron 18 degree with KBS Hybrid Stiff shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50; Callaway MD4 - 56; Vokey SM9 - 60

Putter: Taylormade Rossa CGB

Golf Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond 

As a high handicapper, in the beginning I was like, "I like Callaways and that's what will only be in my bag". Until I pulled out this Bang golf 4 wood a friend gave me years ago, but near used. It's probably my most consistent club in the bag. So, I think now, if you're not sponsored. Play with whatever works best for you. Even if every club is a different brand or model as long as you have 14 of them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Myself, I'm more Callaway than others, but my bag is mixed with what works best for me.

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I have a bit of everything in my bag now. That being said at one point my goal was to have an all Nike bag. Never happened because I couldn't seem to replace my Odyssey putter with anything but....another Odyssey. So now I'm all over the place. Ping Driver(till this weekend) Adams 3w cobra, ping, Nike, and Adams hybrids that all end up in the bag at times. Nike Irons Titleist and Callaway wedges. I found that sticking with one brand limited things for me and I like having options.

Let's see...   Today I am playing

Driver:  Bridgestone

3 Wood:   Sonartec (sometimes replaced with TaylorMade 3H)

7 Wood:   Sonartec

5H:   TaylorMade

5-8i:   MacGregor

42* - 58*:   SCOR

Putter:   Boccieri Heavy Putter

I play what gives me the best results for the distance/shot I want to hit.  Why would I do anything else?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Right now it is one brand for me with the exception of my putter; all Callaway with a Cameron putter.  My other bag is Titleist for driver, FW and putter and Ben Hogan for my hybrid, irons and wedges.  I have never really been a mix and match type of guy.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

I suspect this one is a matter of personal preference.  Regardless the advice to get fit stands.  I believe I had a time where I bagged all Ping equipment in the mid 80's.  But that changed after the first time that I hit my first metal wood.  I went back and forth between metal and wood for the driver but that TMag Tour spoon was in my bag for a long time and was often my go to club off the tee. 

When we did the MGS Staff contest the prizes were from the best of each category, Bettinardi putter, SCOR wedges, Mizuno irons, Adams Hybrid, TMag fairway and driver. 

The wedges are still in my bag and won't leave.  I've had my Never Comprimise Voodoo Daddy putter for 10 years so I won't have the same brand through the bag again anytime soon.  I just could not imagine taking those wedges out of the bag. 

Whatever it is just make sure it fits your game and you were fit for them. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

see below...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

see below...

I echo this...

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

What ever works best for me. Right now I am playing.

Cobra Driver & Hybrid

Mizuno irons

Titlest Wedges

Putter Odyssey

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

When it comes to golf clubs, I am not loyal to one particular brand.  My clubs have to fit my game and my taste in looks, if doesn't play right, sound right, or feel right it's going back to the store or the bay. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I suspect this one is a matter of personal preference.  Regardless the advice to get fit stands.  I believe I had a time where I bagged all Ping equipment in the mid 80's.  But that changed after the first time that I hit my first metal wood.  I went back and forth between metal and wood for the driver but that TMag Tour spoon was in my bag for a long time and was often my go to club off the tee. 

When we did the MGS Staff contest the prizes were from the best of each category, Bettinardi putter, SCOR wedges, Mizuno irons, Adams Hybrid, TMag fairway and driver. 

The wedges are still in my bag and won't leave.  I've had my Never Comprimise Voodoo Daddy putter for 10 years so I won't have the same brand through the bag again anytime soon.  I just could not imagine taking those wedges out of the bag. 

Whatever it is just make sure it fits your game and you were fit for them. 

Well sermionized there Rev-- LOL I had to say that---  I like that last paragraph that sums it all up

Look at my signature I do not have any matching brands and do not really have any brand loyalty unless you count Macgregor

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

What a great thread!  

Despite what my signature says, I'm all over the place, but tend to ride the hot hand, especially when it comes to wedges.  Right now everything's stone cold, so we'll have to see how it all develops...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I agree with Barbajo that this is a great thread.  I do have brand loyalty in that I'm going to try certain brands first in my search for a new set of clubs.  I will try the ones that have worked in the past but if they don't seem to work I'm moving on, quickly, too quickly sometimes. 

If you look at my bag, the putter won't be replicated, the wedges are SCORs so whenever I'm ready to replace I will start with Hogan.  The irons are Wilson C200's which replaced my C100's.  In a couple of seasons when I might start to consider a replacement I will start with Wilson.  I have a mixture of TMag and Callaway next and no doubt they would get the call as first try if I decide to replace hybrids or fairways (always a possibility although right now the SLDRs are really doing it for me).  Since the G2 Ping has always gotten a look at Driver for me. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I've done the all one brand bag before.  Currently bagging Wilson Staff irons and wedges, Titleist hybrids and 3W, driver dujour (whatever feels good for the moment from my stable) and a TaylorMade Itsy Bitsy Spider putter.  Things will probably change in a month or so.  Want to hit that Cally Big Bertha Fusion driver next.

Found out a while ago that mixed company bag is the only way for me to go. The idea of matching wedge set still tempting me, but that will soon change

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

If I could only play one brand of clubs, it would Titleist. They're one of the few companies that do everything well throughout the entire lineup.

As for me personally, I have 5 different companies represented in my bag (which is also a diff company). I'm always of the whatever works best for me camp.

:titelist-small: 913 D2 9.5° Diamana BlueBoard S+ 62g

:callaway-small: Diablo Octane Tour 15° Fujikura Motore F3 S-60

:callaway-small: Big Bertha Hawk Eye VFT 5W Callaway RCH-96

:mizuno-small: MP-22 HMB 19° N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120

:mizuno-small:  MP-55 4-PW N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 

:cleveland-small:  RTX-3 RAW 54.8 DGS400

:cleveland-small:  RTX-3 RAW 60.6 DGS400

:cameron-small:  Studio Style Newport 2.5

:titelist-small:  ProV1

My bag is all over the place. I like Titelest wedges but other than that, I'll play any brand that works for my game. I think I have 3-4 brands in the bag right now if you don't consider Callaway/Odessey the same brand.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

All callaway minus my putter. I would play a mixed bag if that was what I was fit for. Those be Srixon irons are sweet, and I like Titleist woods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver- Callaway 815 Big Bertha Alpha Double Black Diamond

3 Wood- Callaway 815 Big Berth Alpha

3 -5 Hybrids Callaway Apex

6-PW- 2014 Callaway Apex Pro

50,54, 58 Wedges- Callaway MD3

Putter- SeeMore FGP

Ball- Kirkland Signature and Snell MTB

I don't know if I've ever been 100% one brand, at the beginning of this year, I had 12 clubs Callaway and that was proably as close as I've ever been.

By the start of next season, however it likely will be 100% Titleist, I think their current stuff is that good!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Well here's another question to consider -- a bit frivolous, but it has entered into my decision making ---

Can you use a golf bag made by an OEM, even if you don't have any of that OEM's clubs in said bag?

I can't -- it somehow seems like bad karma....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Archived