Got Problems?

ole gray

I was just thinking, it's kind of a problem that the rant thread is 49 pages long and the happy thread is only 8 pages long. Are we really that irritable? Just an observation. Maybe this post should belong in the random thread.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Here's my rant of the day. As a population we are very dependent on feedback of people and instant gratification. So we got to the point that if something doesn't go our way we not have to say something instead of letting it go. People now have too many problems with everything that is going on and no one wants to handle it. This same mentality is what caused the younger generation to be a bunch of pansies if they don't get their way. Instant gratification is a huge problem of mine and people vent and rant as a way to get attention. Not saying I don't do it but it happens all the time and like I told Stud in a PM people are gullible and will believe anything which I feel is a part of the instant gratification. Now I can also rant about people's obsessions with TV and especially reality TV causing people to watch and make people famous that have no and I mean no reason being famous. There that's a rant lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

At 2431 posts, this has to be a record? Stud? You're up.

Say no more fam. Here's your top 7

7) Testers announced Vice Pro - 1018

6) Equipment you're thinking about - 1093

5) Pics from the course - 1169

4) Dawg Daddy's DOTD - 1434

3) Rant Thread - 2431

2) What have you bought lately? - 3162

1) How'd you play? - 6165

One thing about the happy thread is it's very recent. Rant Thread had been around a lot longer. Besides that, it's easier to complain that it is to talk about something happy without sounding like you're gloating.

I'll try to dig deeper later on and see what I find. That Distinguished Gentleman thread should be pretty high up there.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Distinguished Gentleman thread?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Distinguished Gentleman thread?

Here you go:

The Distinguished Gentlemen's Thread

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/7381-The-Distinguished-Gentlemen%27s-Thread

And now I know my results are busted because that thread is at 2549. Hmm.

Here's my rant of the day. As a population we are very dependent on feedback of people and instant gratification. So we got to the point that if something doesn't go our way we not have to say something instead of letting it go. People now have too many problems with everything that is going on and no one wants to handle it. This same mentality is what caused the younger generation to be a bunch of pansies if they don't get their way. Instant gratification is a huge problem of mine and people vent and rant as a way to get attention. Not saying I don't do it but it happens all the time and like I told Stud in a PM people are gullible and will believe anything which I feel is a part of the instant gratification. Now I can also rant about people's obsessions with TV and especially reality TV causing people to watch and make people famous that have no and I mean no reason being famous. There that's a rant lol.

Can't stand reality TV. A couple shows that ended a few years ago I could tolerate, but nothing now. Aside from sports I rarely watch TV because there's so few original shows

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Can't stand reality TV. A couple shows that ended a few years ago I could tolerate, but nothing now. Aside from sports I rarely watch TV because there's so few original shows

Exactly right , have a million channels and it's junk. Only watch sports but now I haven't been watching NFL .

Rick

Left Hand, 

Here's my rant. My son plays Roblox (don't ask). He has gotten Roblox gift cards and used them to buy stuff in the game. He went to play it on Thursday and it asked him to sign in, which he did because the username and password are saved all he had to do was hit login. It told him that his password is incorrect. OK, we tried the reset password and it says that his email, the only email account that he has and one that they send stuff to, is not in their system and to try another one for the reset email.

So, we fired off an email to support and got an automated reply that this is the ticket number and someone will email soon. Great! It's now been 2.5 days and we haven't heard a word. I tried ringing them but got an answering machine, I've messaged them on Facebook and haven't heard a work either...now I'M pissed.

You bet your left one I'll be ringing these bastards on Monday and won't stop until I get a real person and get this resolved.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Here's my rant. My son plays Roblox (don't ask). He has gotten Roblox gift cards and used them to buy stuff in the game. He went to play it on Thursday and it asked him to sign in, which he did because the username and password are saved all he had to do was hit login. It told him that his password is incorrect. OK, we tried the reset password and it says that his email, the only email account that he has and one that they send stuff to, is not in their system and to try another one for the reset email.

So, we fired off an email to support and got an automated reply that this is the ticket number and someone will email soon. Great! It's now been 2.5 days and we haven't heard a word. I tried ringing them but got an answering machine, I've messaged them on Facebook and haven't heard a work either...now I'M pissed.

You bet your left one I'll be ringing these bastards on Monday and won't stop until I get a real person and get this resolved.

Call me an old crank but I think all those online and smartphone games are a total ripoff.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Call me an old crank but I think all those online and smartphone games are a total ripoff.

Call me different but I cannot stand any games wheter it be computer, gaming system, hand held, or smartphone games. They are a waste of time and money.

Here you go:

The Distinguished Gentlemen's Thread

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/7381-The-Distinguished-Gentlemen%27s-Thread

And now I know my results are busted because that thread is at 2549. Hmm.

I had to stop reading I was liking posts from 2012 because they were funny. I don't have the patients to read all of those posts.

I'm with you on this - reality shows stink! I have no idea why people watch other than morbid curiosity - kinda like gawking when driving by an accident.

Continuing on to other shows in the US (to address Rick's rant) virtually all the other shows and channels stink as well. In fact TV Is just background noise while I'm reading MGS posts.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I'm with you on this - reality shows stink! I have no idea why people watch other than morbid curiosity - kinda like gawking when driving by an accident.

Continuing on to other shows in the US (to address Rick's rant) virtually all the other shows and channels stink as well. In fact TV Is just background noise while I'm reading MGS posts.

For me it really went south when you could start telling some were scripted. It's no longer reality tv when it's planned

Actually that's what I'm doing now. MGS with TV in background [emoji16]

Rick

Left Hand, 

I agree, but he's 11. We'll see what Monday brings.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Ok, Complain as I must......   It is 19 degrees outside and lightly snowing.  There is about 1/2" on the ground currently, and GOLFNOW keeps sending me emails to get 20% off my next Tee Time.  Why don't they just pour lemon juice into my paper cuts!!!!

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Ok, Complain as I must...... It is 19 degrees outside and lightly snowing. There is about 1/2" on the ground currently, and GOLFNOW keeps sending me emails to get 20% off my next Tee Time. Why don't they just pour lemon juice into my paper cuts!!!!

I do feel your pain.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Why... Why do people feel the need to speed up in passing lanes?

Happens to me all the time. I'll be passing a car going under the speed limit and they speed up to match. Must have woken them up.

But then don't get me started on a local street. We live in a semi rural area adjacent to Lake Erie. Speed limit is 50 (single lane with few passing opportunities) and people will be driving 35 looking around. Of course they don't look back to see a half mile of traffic behind them.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

A bit frustrated with the iPhone battery issue. My  battery now goes from 70% charge to 0 in a split second - but that's not my rant. The issue is that when I check availability at multiple locations for battery replacement they only show appointments available today. Since the closest is an hour away it's not like i can drop everything and run down the street for the replacement. Why can't I reserve the battery and have an appointment that meets my schedule. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

A bit frustrated with the iPhone battery issue. My battery now goes from 70% charge to 0 in a split second - but that's not my rant. The issue is that when I check availability at multiple locations for battery replacement they only show appointments available today. Since the closest is an hour away it's not like i can drop everything and run down the street for the replacement. Why can't I reserve the battery and have an appointment that meets my schedule.

Agree totally. I'm in the same predicament.

I have a 6S and have been due for an upgrade since September. I'm trying to decide whether I take the day trip to an Apple store for a replacement battery (1.5 hours for me) or continue to wait for an upgrade deal that I can live with. So far, the deals are way underwhelming IMO.

FWIW, I was on the phone with an Apple rep a while back trying to get my wife's phone fixed and found that you can set up future appointments (and check availability) through the Apple 1-800 or just call the store directly.

Agree totally. I'm in the same predicament.

I have a 6S and have been due for an upgrade since September. I'm trying to decide whether I take the day trip to an Apple store for a replacement battery (1.5 hours for me) or continue to wait for an upgrade deal that I can live with. So far, the deals are way underwhelming IMO.

FWIW, I was on the phone with an Apple rep a while back trying to get my wife's phone fixed and found that you can set up future appointments (and check availability) through the Apple 1-800 or just call the store directly.

Stud that's good to know. I went on the apple support site today to access the chat feature and see if I could do that. The message said 2 min wait. After 6 min I gave up. The phone meets my needs other than the battery so I'm not thinking upgrade at least not at that price point.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I tried Apple with the Ipod 4th generation.  At least I think that is what it was called.  Left as quickly as I could.  I am an Android user and ONLY Android.   Apple has lost touch, and I can see it dwindle to where some other company will make an attempt at a hostile takeover.  I don't see them or Samsung lasting into the next decade.  At least from my household buying power.

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

Six weeks with a Windows PC and it sh!t the bed. My IT department can't figure out how to key the product key active (seriously I can't make this up). They asked me today if not having a computer for a few days would be an issue?

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS Yellow HC 76g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Matrix Black Tie 85x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Six weeks with a Windows PC and it sh!t the bed. My IT department can't figure out how to key the product key active (seriously I can't make this up). They asked me today if not having a computer for a few days would be an issue?

They seriously asked that question!! Ask them if you can borrow their computer for a few days and ask if they'll miss it[emoji106]

Rick

Left Hand, 

They seriously asked that question!! Ask them if you can borrow their computer for a few days and ask if they'll miss it[emoji106]

It took a while but after a couple of PC issues we picked up a “backup laptop”. This was for emergencies like yours so no one was without a machine.

Rick

Left Hand, 

So I had a few moments today at lunch and decided to look through the MGS 19th Hole.  I think we all would like to find the answer to slow play.

WOW

Slow Play-Marshalling
in (The 19th Hole)
The dreaded practice swinger
in (The 19th Hole)
People hitting in on you....
in (The 19th Hole)
Tee It Forward campaign - Good? Bad? Ugly? (Other?)
in (The 19th Hole)
Yet another problems caused by golfers playing from the w...
in (The 19th Hole)
Slow Play
in (The 19th Hole)
Ready Golf Rules
in (The 19th Hole)
What no Fore! Playin' Thru I guess!
in Introduce Yourself
Stop the madness, play from the right tee!
in (The 19th Hole)

A New Solution For Slow Play?
in (The 19th Hole)

Who's Fault is Slow-Play?
in Golf Lessons, Mental Game & Fitness Tips

Where has etiquette gone?
in Everything Else!
Pace of Play
in Tour Chatter

Thanks Tony and Matt for fixing Tony's post!! I didn't catch the flu. However, my travel woes continue. Flying home from Palm Springs today; got up at 3:30am for a 6:00am flight to Salt Lake City. Plane was late leaving; mechanical issues. Arrived in SLC at 7:25am and sprinted on my bad foot to the other end of the airport; missed flight by 2 min. On standby for flight at 3:20pm, but confirmed on flight at 8:30pm. 12 hours sitting in the airport. Got a text from Delta at 10:50am saying Welcome to Pasco; my bags will be available in 20 minutes!!! But I probably won't be home for another 10 hours!!!

Just another reminder why I retired and don't fly much anymore!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

So I had a few moments today at lunch and decided to look through the MGS 19th Hole.  I think we all would like to find the answer to slow play.

WOW

Slow Play-Marshalling

in (The 19th Hole)

The dreaded practice swinger

in (The 19th Hole)

People hitting in on you....

in (The 19th Hole)

Tee It Forward campaign - Good? Bad? Ugly? (Other?)

in (The 19th Hole)

Yet another problems caused by golfers playing from the w...

in (The 19th Hole)

Slow Play

in (The 19th Hole)

Ready Golf Rules

in (The 19th Hole)

What no Fore! Playin' Thru I guess!

in Introduce Yourself

Stop the madness, play from the right tee!

in (The 19th Hole)

A New Solution For Slow Play?

in (The 19th Hole)

Who's Fault is Slow-Play?

in Golf Lessons, Mental Game & Fitness Tips

Where has etiquette gone?

in Everything Else!

Pace of Play

in Tour Chatter

Excellent observation. I have no idea what the answer is or if there is an answer, but I believe it has to start on the tour. I really like Jason Day but he takes too long, in my opinion. Why? DJ seems like a fast player. Is he less analytical and go more by his gut? I have no idea, but people mimic what they see, whether it does any good or not.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Test Currently In ProgressFit For Golf 2.0