Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

There's plenty of time. Florida isn't going anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Well, with "non-existent" global warming, you may need a scuba suit to golf in the near future 😂🤣😂

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Makes for a pretty crappy day to find out my washing machine and freezer are dead and aren't salvageable......................Did I mention, they are both less than 5 years old!

I will never purchase another Samsung product. The washer an dryer have been nothing but trouble since a month after we brought them home. Samsung has done absolutely nothing, except shift blame!

Sorry to hear that ☹️. Two words.. planned obsolescence.. Maybe three if there's an explicative thrown in there. We had a may tag refrigerator that 5 years in started to lose cooling on the freezer side because the compressor would freeze over, but the washer and dryer we had from them were built proof. When we moved, I picked up LG products. Had problems with the washer this past year, but I'm pretty sure something like a coin got past the filter and prevented the washer from draining properly. I was able to fix that myself and everything has been running well. There is no one brand now a days that will last you forever. It's just not advantageous for manufacturers to make items last so long.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Just met with the surgeon. He said surgery is my best route. Said he could get me back to 95%. 6 week recovery.

Sucks, but get'r done. Your body will thank you down the road.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

That's a real bummer I can relate. I have a Samsung 55 smart tv and the display just went out on it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Ouch... Yeah I've not been too successful with Samsung products either. My 70" TV had the panel replaced after only a year (gotta love Costco and their warranty plan). My phone is unfortunately a Samsung (my original LG phone up and died the month after the last payment was made, lol and this was the policy replacement). In the first month I had several reboots and lockups, and just a few weeks ago, the camera app froze so I couldn't even take pics - had to do a complete reinstall to get it to work... Samsung quality just isn't where I thought it would be...

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Well, with "non-existent" global warming, you may need a scuba suit to golf in the near future

MDGolfHacker

I wouldn't be so concerned about Florida under water.   Heck, if the predictions made about 12 years ago had actually happened, I should have water front property by now.   I'm more concerned for my buds in California the way the ground shakes there.   Hopefully, it will not just slide into the Ocean and Arizona will have water front property or Hawaii will no longer be the only island State.  

Sorry to hear that ☹️. Two words.. planned obsolescence.. Maybe three if there's an explicative thrown in there. We had a may tag refrigerator that 5 years in started to lose cooling on the freezer side because the compressor would freeze over, but the washer and dryer we had from them were built proof. When we moved, I picked up LG products. Had problems with the washer this past year, but I'm pretty sure something like a coin got past the filter and prevented the washer from draining properly. I was able to fix that myself and everything has been running well. There is no one brand now a days that will last you forever. It's just not advantageous for manufacturers to make items last so long.

MDGolfHacker

My mother bought a washer and dryer in 1977.  When my wife and I got married in 2001, she gave it to us to get us by for a few years while we were both starting out.  We used it for 12 years before buying the Samsung products.  The old machines were still in good working order when we got rid of them.  They were 35 years old!

Nothing is made to last anymore!

Erie Insurance is my current provider and has been for 22 years.  That is likely to change next month when my policy expires. 

It's my understanding, refusal of a claim is becoming more and more commonplace.  The way it was explained to me by a close family friend who is a lawyer in the insurance field, most insurance companies know going after another insurance company who refuses payment will cost more than just covering their clients claim themselves.  Steve also explained, the more this is commonplace, the more it is likely to happen.

Again, corporations benefit from the misfortune of the middle class!  Our society is upside-down!

I quoted the previous text for a little more clarity.  To sum it all up, my car was totaled due to the negligence of someone else.  His insurance company refused to pay for my vehicle.  Erie paid my claim but refused to fight the other insurance company to recoup their losses resulting in an accident claim against my driving record.  

It's probably not as big a deal as I'm making it out to be.  It hasn't cost me anything so far.  It's more a matter of principle.  I have been a loyal customer for 22 years only having filed one claim in 2000 when I hit a deer on the interstate.  Now, when another insurance company is neglecting their responsibilities, Erie is leaving me holding the bag given my premiums are likely to increase next month when my policy is scheduled for renewal.

An update to my insurance saga.  Erie increased my premium $322 over the previous year.  An increase of exactly 25%!

Needless to say, we are in the market for a new insurer.

An update to my insurance saga.  Erie increased my premium $322 over the previous year.  An increase of exactly 25%!

I have been fairly happy with our insurance company, relatively speaking. Deep down, I hate all of them.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Just met with the surgeon. He said surgery is my best route. Said he could get me back to 95%. 6 week recovery.

You'll be primed and ready to go when the thaw hits your area. Best to you.

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

An update to my insurance saga. Erie increased my premium $322 over the previous year. An increase of exactly 25%!

My wife and I have had State Farm for 20 years and they went after the insurance company of a person that hit me and would not pay. My rates didn't go up either. Now my son totalled his car a year ago. It was his fault. Hitting a concrete barrier at 70 will do that. Insurance paid for everything including physical therapy. His rates went up 15% though.

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

I was walking my dog around 3:30 p.m. today and we rarely see other dogs. When we do they just tend to bark a little and move on. Well today we had round the corner on the last stretch towards home and I notice two good sized dogs running across the yard towards where they live. Normally they are kept in side however today they must of broke out somehow. Anyways my dog is very protective of me and she is strong as a bull. One of the dogs which looked like a large pit was thinking about charging us. Well Roxie raised all kind of hell and almost pulled me down trying to get after it. The big pit starting charging and I said to hell with that and started running with my dog towards the pit which immediately did an about face and hauled arse back up towards it's house. My heart was beating faster than a chicken in a fox pen. I suppose with me and Roxie looking like a couple of crazy arse non fearful monsters, the dog decided to get the hell out of dodge. The other dog was a black lab which is not small either but it moved away immediately after Roxie starting her roaring which she really is loud at. Dayuuuummm I had to come home and slam down a couple shots of wild turkey after that little run in. :blink:

great story glad it worked out - not funny but today in front of my house women walking her dog another dog (not mine) started to attack I open my garage grab old golf club to break up fight but as my garage door opened owner of mean dog was yelling and fight broke up - must have electric fence or dogs on leases I felt bad for young women other dog seemed ok tho

Michigan football is in big trouble. Not a single top 100 recruit.

Being where I'm from, I can't say that's not a good thing. However; if we in the big 10 want the other conferences to respect us, all teams need to be at their best.

great story glad it worked out - not funny but today in front of my house women walking her dog another dog (not mine) started to attack I open my garage grab old golf club to break up fight but as my garage door opened owner of mean dog was yelling and fight broke up - must have electric fence or dogs on leases I felt bad for young women other dog seemed ok tho

Both of these stories are scary. I don't trust dogs when they start showing their teeth and running towards you. Fortunately all the dogs in our neighborhood are well behaved.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I don't pay any attention to that. You don't have to be a top recruit to play hard.

You do however seem to need a roster full of top recruits to stand a chance anymore....

Bama, Georgia, OSU...

Not sure how 2019 will look if Michigan has another “rebuilding” year. They have the hardest schedule in The land. Still a ? Mark at QB... two horrible Offensive Coordinators. And why was McElwain on campus?

Both of these stories are scary. I don't trust dogs when they start showing their teeth and running towards you. Fortunately all the dogs in our neighborhood are well behaved.

Luckily in FL there's not many dogs over 8lbs.

OG, dunno if I'd do what you and Roxie did but really glad it worked out. Labs generally are not aggressive but Pits...O boy they can do some damage. Good job!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Slept a total of 6 hours in the last 72 hours and see no light at the end of the tunnel this week.  Man I am grumpy today.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Luckily in FL there's not many dogs over 8lbs.

OG, dunno if I'd do what you and Roxie did but really glad it worked out. Labs generally are not aggressive but Pits...O boy they can do some damage. Good job!

Yea it turned out really well as the pit thought we had lost a couple of screws.  Anyways not long after that he got run over by a neighborhood car as he was apparently chasing something out to the road and got hit and died. I felt bad for the owners however he shouldn't have been running free on fairly busy street. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Yea it turned out really well as the pit thought we had lost a couple of screws. Anyways not long after that he got run over by a neighborhood car as he was apparently chasing something out to the road and got hit and died. I felt bad for the owners however he shouldn't have been running free on fairly busy street.

I'm a firm believer that dogs/pets should be under control and trained. I also think there aren't bad dogs just bad owners. I know that's a generalization but I like dogs, sometimes more than people

Rick

Left Hand, 

My mother bought a washer and dryer in 1977. When my wife and I got married in 2001, she gave it to us to get us by for a few years while we were both starting out. We used it for 12 years before buying the Samsung products. The old machines were still in good working order when we got rid of them. They were 35 years old!

Nothing is made to last anymore!

Yeah, the manufacturers back then really over engineered their products because the company's reputation was at stake. Now a days, I think it's engineered to "just enough standards", just enough to make it past the warranty period, lol.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

I'm a firm believer that dogs/pets should be under control and trained. I also think there aren't bad dogs just bad owners. I know that's a generalization but I like dogs, sometimes more than people

On the topic of bad owners I'd also include those that don't pick up after their dogs. Most of the owners I know do pick up but occasionally you run into one.....

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Yeah, the manufacturers back then really over engineered their products because the company's reputation was at stake. Now a days, I think it's engineered to "just enough standards", just enough to make it past the warranty period, lol.

MDGolfHacker

Back then things were made to last a long time. Nowadays things are made so you have to continue to buy them. It's about profit, a company doesn't make money if you buy one set of washer/dryer in your lifetime, they make them now so that they stop working after a shorter time so you have to buy another set.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

MDGolfHacker

I have had to fix the Samsung washer and dryer so much, I feel like I'm an expert at this point.  The cheap plastic parts make the most difference.  The old Maytag we had from 1977 had steel and metal parts that would last a lifetime, and were designed to do so.  The cheap plastic parts today are designed to fail so the average family has to replace the machine every 8 years.  

On the topic of bad owners I'd also include those that don't pick up after their dogs. Most of the owners I know do pick up but occasionally you run into one.....

I have a corner lot and I can't tell you how many times I check on the other side of my lot (the side that isn't in front of my house) to find owners who think because that isn't the front of my house, they can leave their dog presents for me to find.  Especially frustrating when I'm cutting the lawn.  I know have to pre-check the yard to make sure I clean up after those owners or risk getting that caught all up in my lawn mower.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

I have a corner lot and I can't tell you how many times I check on the other side of my lot (the side that isn't in front of my house) to find owners who think because that isn't the front of my house, they can leave their dog presents for me to find.  Especially frustrating when I'm cutting the lawn.  I know have to pre-check the yard to make sure I clean up after those owners or risk getting that caught all up in my lawn mower.

MDGolfHacker

Have a sign printed that by having their dog fertilize your yard they are expressly giving you permission to use their nicely groomed lawn for short game practice.  After an hour of flop shots, I think they'll get the point.  

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Have a sign printed that by having their dog fertilize your yard they are expressly giving you permission to use their nicely groomed lawn for short game practice.  After an hour of flop shots, I think they'll get the point.  

The evil side of me thought about electrifying the ground so everytime a dog peed or pooped they would get a mild shock.  The good side of though, said, yeah that's a good idea...ha ha ha :D  If I knew who was doing it I'd walk to their house and kindly ask them to stop but we are in a pretty big community and I'm never sure who is leaving me with those...

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

This has been on my front lawn for 3 years. Don't need to explain why

Rick

Left Hand, 

The evil side of me thought about electrifying the ground so everytime a dog peed or pooped they would get a mild shock. The good side of though, said, yeah that's a good idea...ha ha ha :D If I knew who was doing it I'd walk to their house and kindly ask them to stop but we are in a pretty big community and I'm never sure who is leaving me with those...

MDGolfHacker

My first house in FL was new construction area and had an empty building site on my right side. I noticed some dog feces in the empty lot. One evening as I was rounding the side of my house here comes one of the “entitled” dog owners and at the time I spotted her she launched her precious pets wonderful dropping into the lot. I went ballistic telling her that if she does it again expect to find it in the morning wrapped in her newspaper. She never again entered our cul-de-sac.

Happens all the time with FL seniors. I've had a few other “discussions” with dog owners who think everyone's lawn, except theirs is fair game.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Have a sign printed that by having their dog fertilize your yard they are expressly giving you permission to use their nicely groomed lawn for short game practice. After an hour of flop shots, I think they'll get the point.

I like that a lot

Rick

Left Hand,