GolfSpy Dave

In for Review: Alphard eWheels Push Cart Motor

Alphard eWheels: Hands Off Your Push Cart

Alphard eCart - 3.jpg

This thing is so potentially cool that I needed to share it with you as soon as possible. I've not even had it on the course yet, that's how fresh these photos are!

If you watched the video above, you know what Alphard is doing with the eWheels cart motor. Basically, you take your existing cart, remove the back wheels, and add the eWheels system to make your cart motorized, and remote controlled.

Alphard eCart - 1.jpg

You replace your read wheels with the mounting brackets. When you get to the course, open the cart, clip on the brackets to the axle, and you are good to go. Here is a look at some of the hardware.

Clicgear 3.5+ mounting brackets

Alphard eCart - 2.jpg

Alphard eCart - 5.jpg

Alphard eCart - 4.jpg

Axles extend and retract for compact transport to course.

Alphard eCart - 6.jpg

Alphard eCart - 7.jpg

I am super pumped to test this little thing out over the next few weeks. I'll have a detailed review on the main blog page soon after. I just wanted to let you see this one a bit early.

Stay tuned!

• Like 7

This is pretty sweet, can't wait for your review and information on pricing and actual battery time. This would definitely be awesome for hilly courses.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Interesting. But I'm skeptical. I've still got a battery powered push style cart sitting out in the garage collecting dust. Had the thing 6 years I'd guess. Aweful.

Until someone comes up with a way to have the cart follow along in a close proximity I'm out. I found that all you do as you're walking along is fiddle with the remote. Very distracting to me.

Interesting. But I'm skeptical. I've still got a battery powered push style cart sitting out in the garage collecting dust. Had the thing 6 years I'd guess. Aweful.

Until someone comes up with a way to have the cart follow along in a close proximity I'm out. I found that all you do as you're walking along is fiddle with the remote. Very distracting to me.

According to the video, there is a follow mode. I'll let you know how it works.

• Like 1

... After my double discectomy back surgery in 92 my Ortho told me I could not carry and could not ride in a cart. I bought my first remote cart an absolutely loved it. Problem was, it fell apart. Long story short I had 3 of them and all of them broke down after a season or two. I moved on to powered carts with no remote. 

... After reading reviews and having success with a MottoCaddy S1 I finally bought another remote cart, a Mottocaddy S7. I have had it for 2 years now and absolutely love it. The thing about a remote is once you get used to using one, it is like breathing or walking. You just use it without thinking about it. If you are not trying to do anything fancy, just keeping it in front of you as you move to your next shot, it is almost an unconscious endeavor. The thing I love most is it allows me to keep a good posture with an erect spine and no bending over to push or hold on to the handle. 

... Remote carts are not for everyone I guess, but I would be lost without mine. With time, most people use it as a second nature. I do ride in a cart on hilly courses or in extreme heat, but am always a little sore and my back certainly lets me know I didn't walk and stay loose. But I highly recommend motorized carts for people that play a ton of golf. Of course remote or no remote is a personal decision. 

• Like 3

I have seen this advertised a ton and have been intrigued each time. Looking forward to this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

According to the video, there is a follow mode. I'll let you know how it works.

I can't see the video you posted. Just photos.  nor could I find video on their site.

... After my double discectomy back surgery in 92 my Ortho told me I could not carry and could not ride in a cart. I bought my first remote cart an absolutely loved it. Problem was, it fell apart. Long story short I had 3 of them and all of them broke down after a season or two. I moved on to powered carts with no remote. 

... After reading reviews and having success with a MottoCaddy S1 I finally bought another remote cart, a Mottocaddy S7. I have had it for 2 years now and absolutely love it. The thing about a remote is once you get used to using one, it is like breathing or walking. You just use it without thinking about it. If you are not trying to do anything fancy, just keeping it in front of you as you move to your next shot, it is almost an unconscious endeavor. The thing I love most is it allows me to keep a good posture with an erect spine and no bending over to push or hold on to the handle. 

... Remote carts are not for everyone I guess, but I would be lost without mine. With time, most people use it as a second nature. I do ride in a cart on hilly courses or in extreme heat, but am always a little sore and my back certainly lets me know I didn't walk and stay loose. But I highly recommend motorized carts for people that play a ton of golf. Of course remote or no remote is a personal decision. 

Didn't we have this discussion before? Now that I've looked at the S7 again I think we have. I wonder if it's related to my BatCaddy just a new name?. They look very similar. My Batcaddy didn't secure the bottom end of the bag well so I was always fighting it left and right. Older reviews of the Batcaddy weren't all the friendly either. That's why I'm thinking they changed names.

But, if your S7 works well for you that's all that matters isn't it.

... The thing I found with remote carts (everything really to some degree) is you get what you pay for. A reliable motor-drive system-electronic remote cart isn't cheap. The S7 cost $1599 but it is well worth it if you play a lot of golf. I probably would not trust any remote cart under $1k. BatCaddy got some bad reviews but of course I already had experience with less expensive remote carts so I bought the S1 to see how reliable Mottocaddy's really are. I had a Sun Mountain Dynamis, CaddyBug and can't even remember the name of the other remote cart company that went belly up. 

... I play my best golf walking the course and it also is good for my health ann as stated necessary for my problematic back. When I first went to a non remote cart, I kept reaching in my back pocket after every shot LOL. It had become so engrained as a part of my routine without thinking about it and it took me a full year to stop doing it. When I visited my son in LA nice last year I drove from Chicago taking 3 days to get there mostly because I wanted to bring my Mottocaddy S7 with me. I am gonna spend the big bucks next time around and buy a Navigator Gyro Quad. I demoed one at the show and it was so smooth and worked great but $2200 is a big chunk of change.

https://bagboycompany.com/navigator-quad-electric-cart.html

This is interesting. Wondering how well it works and if it can last a while without breaking down.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Would love to use this if it works. Follow mode would be super cool!

I think its pretty nice idea, but you still need a compatible trolley... If you buy them both there are options that cost the same and are proven allready... Still, love the idea ;)

Am I the only one that doesn't see any videos?

Fixed it for Dave - Must use youtube embed code on forums now

Fixed it for Dave - Must use youtube embed code on forums now

not sure that fixed it. Now I see nothing...

not sure that fixed it. Now I see nothing...

It now shows up on the mobile platform for android. It didn't show earlier for me until after the change was made.

MDGolfHacker