Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

First Time Breaking a Milestone

STUDque

Awesome!!!! I do love reading when goals are met!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

First time's always the hardest, here's to it being the first of many! I like how you're keeping track of statistics, that's gonna be a big help for you.

In the bag

Driver: Callaway Rogue Subzero 9.5 Stiff flex

3 wood: Callaway Rogue Subzero 15 degree

Hybrids: 17 degree titleist 816 h2

Irons: Ben Hogan Ptx 22-46 degree (4-pw)stiff flex standard lie

Wedges: Callaway Mac Daddy 4 50,54,58 degrees

Putter: Odyssey EXO seven

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Guys, I've been targeting a sub-80 round for over two years. Today, I finally did it.

Our course isn't long; it's about 5,700 yards, and par is 71.

I made the turn today at 5 over (40). I chipped in for a birdie on the par 5, but offset that with a double bogey caused by an OB tee shot on 8.

But I caught fire on the back nine. I hit 7/9 greens in regulation. I normally hit 1, maybe 2 per nine holes. Once on the green, I was rolling every putt to easy par range. After a birdie on the short 17th, I was even par on the back.

At this point, I know what's happening. I just need to avoid throwing up on myself on the par 5 18th, and I'll break 80 comfortably. Went to my (new and now) very trusty G700 4 iron. Safely in the fairway. Clean fairway wood shot, then a 6-iron to the right fringe. Gunned the chip just a bit.

Now I'm about 10 feet above the hole, a dangerous place on this green. A little too much gas here, and the ball can roll forever. It's going to break hard right. I played all the break, and eased to a foot. Tap-in bogey.

77!

40/37/30 putts

For those on a desktop, here's my round: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/mpatrickriley/round/2337282

And while I don't want to spoil my Stage 2 G700 review: I don't think I'm giving these up. Here's my strokes gained for the round, compared to a 15 handicap.

attachicon.gif Breaking-80.jpg

Congratulations! Well done! Can't wait to hear about the next milestone you demolish.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Guys, I've been targeting a sub-80 round for over two years. Today, I finally did it.

Our course isn't long; it's about 5,700 yards, and par is 71.

I made the turn today at 5 over (40). I chipped in for a birdie on the par 5, but offset that with a double bogey caused by an OB tee shot on 8.

But I caught fire on the back nine. I hit 7/9 greens in regulation. I normally hit 1, maybe 2 per nine holes. Once on the green, I was rolling every putt to easy par range. After a birdie on the short 17th, I was even par on the back.

At this point, I know what's happening. I just need to avoid throwing up on myself on the par 5 18th, and I'll break 80 comfortably. Went to my (new and now) very trusty G700 4 iron. Safely in the fairway. Clean fairway wood shot, then a 6-iron to the right fringe. Gunned the chip just a bit.

Now I'm about 10 feet above the hole, a dangerous place on this green. A little too much gas here, and the ball can roll forever. It's going to break hard right. I played all the break, and eased to a foot. Tap-in bogey.

77!

40/37/30 putts

For those on a desktop, here's my round: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/mpatrickriley/round/2337282

And while I don't want to spoil my Stage 2 G700 review: I don't think I'm giving these up. Here's my strokes gained for the round, compared to a 15 handicap.

attachicon.gif Breaking-80.jpg

Great GREAT round! Congrats!!

And way to stay calm and finish strong!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I did it . Broke 80 by one shot. Took me 5 birdies, and I reached every par 5 in 2. The baseball swing is working like a charm. Them bad ones were still bad, but the good were exceptional. Biggest highlight was reaching 605 par 5 in 2. Made a massive 20 foot downhiller for a birdie that insured a 79. Took a birdie on the last, but huge confidence going into the early fall season

Keep it in the short stuff

I did it . Broke 80 by one shot. Took me 5 birdies, and I reached every par 5 in 2. The baseball swing is working like a charm. Them bad ones were still bad, but the good were exceptional. Biggest highlight was reaching 605 par 5 in 2. Made a massive 20 foot downhiller for a birdie that insured a 79. Took a birdie on the last, but huge confidence going into the early fall season

Way to go out there! WOW! On in two on a 605-yarder! Massive!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Set down two milestones yesterday... :rolleyes:

It's been a long time coming, but I finally dipped below the century mark and carded a 98. Must have been tired by the time we reached the 17th and went out with a 7 there and on 18 as well... :(

Also posted my second birdie ever as well on a par-5 that where I was on in 3 and drained the 20' putt...just like the manual sez to do...! :ph34r:

I believe a lot of this "success" is due in no small part to the advice many of you have given to me recently on course and club management. Had to ditch the driver and 3W for most of the day since they were not cooperating...AT ALL!  I normally would have been stubborn and continued to thrash away with these, but by the second slice with D, and second sculling with the 3W, they both got fired and I just used the 5W or a long iron on out.

I't just damn weird how certain clubs can go totally cold while others that have given fits in the past come alive all of a sudden... :blink:

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

I't just damn weird how certain clubs can go totally cold while others that have given fits in the past come alive all of a sudden... :blink:

Yeah for me it's when my hybrids are working my irons aren't and vice versa.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

This is just golf. I have never had a day where all of my clubs were on. If I had that, I am confident I could have had my first under par round. I either have ball striking and no putting, no ball striking and good putting or nothing at all.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

This is just golf. I have never had a day where all of my clubs were on. If I had that, I am confident I could have had my first under par round. I either have ball striking and no putting, no ball striking and good putting or nothing at all.

Yeah, similar here - it's not club(s) per se but one aspect of the game ... eg. tee shots, or approach shots, or pitching/chipping, etc.

And, yeah, I too like to fantasize on the "What If?"....

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

I took up really getting after golf last year. But made it a bigger focus for 2018. my goal in January was to break 100 three times.

A few lessons later and I have been able to get my swing in the right place.

Since then, I have done it 17 times. I have also broken 90 a total of six times.

However, today was a milestone day for me! I got out at 6 am, first one at the course and didn't see another person until I got through 8 holes. I was calm, confident, and most importantly consistent. I started the day with a par and back to back birdies. Finishing the front 9 at Even Par. I started the back with back to back bogies but was able to keep it in check. I ended up shooting +2 through 18. Finishing my round with a score of 71.

Not only did I break 80, I absolutely crushed it.

Course:

Kenwanda Golf Course

Snohomish, WA

Par 69

Slope 107

Distance 5,336

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Congratulations! Just as long as you don't say “rat farts”.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Congrats - it feels pretty good, doesn't it!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Congrats. It is always a great feeling breaking a scoring barrier.

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

This is probably ho hum for you low handicappers - but I'm pretty excited. For the first time I broke 90. I carded an 89 today. It could have been lower but I knew walking onto 18 that I had a great score (for me) and choked on 18 walking off with a double. Now I've got to repeat it a few times to be genuine. But for now I feel like the Bishop in Caddyshack.

Great job buddy! That's definitely not a ho hum moment no matter what handicap. 90 is extremely hard to break the first time as you take the leap from moving the ball forward on every swing to being consistent and managing the course. It means you've arrived.

I have to know, which irons made the bag for this PB?

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Great job buddy! That's definitely not a ho hum moment no matter what handicap. 90 is extremely hard to break the first time as you take the leap from moving the ball forward on every swing to being consistent and managing the course. It means you've arrived.

I have to know, which irons made the bag for this PB?

Thanks Stud! C300's are still in the bag. The only things I've done over the past two months is left the 4i out of the bag and dropped in a 19* G30. Hybrid. Also kicked the Cleveland 60* out and dropped my Ping eye 2 60* ( prefer the bounce on the Ping).

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Rev and everyone else thanks! It's always fun when you get a message on GHIN like is:

IMG_4269.JPG

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

This is probably ho hum for you low handicappers - but I'm pretty excited. For the first time I broke 90. I carded an 89 today. It could have been lower but I knew walking onto 18 that I had a great score (for me) and choked on 18 walking off with a double. Now I've got to repeat it a few times to be genuine. But for now I feel like the Bishop in Caddyshack.

Congratulations! 🎉⛳️

Good luck breaking 90 next time!!

Congrats Tony!  You'll now be like a hungry fox in a chicken pen.  Once you get a taste of it, you'll you back for more.  ;)

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

YES, I broke par on my back nine today!! After a sloppy front nine played in 6 over, I played the back in 3 UNDER 33!!!! I gave up playing safe and started firing at pins. On the back, I went, Birdie, Birdie, Bogey, Par, Birdie, Par, Birdie, Par, and, Par. That was the most birdies I have ever had on 18 let alone 9! That was a lot of fun!

I didn't just break par, I crushed it. Let's hope the floodgates open and I can carry over to the whole 18.🤞🤞

Awesome! Congrats!

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

YEEESSSSS!!!!

thG8U7XAXS.jpg

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

YES, I broke par on my back nine today!! After a sloppy front nine played in 6 over, I played the back in 3 UNDER 33!!!! I gave up playing safe and started firing at pins. On the back, I went, Birdie, Birdie, Bogey, Par, Birdie, Par, Birdie, Par, and, Par. That was the most birdies I have ever had on 18 let alone 9! That was a lot of fun!

I didn't just break par, I crushed it. Let's hope the floodgates open and I can carry over to the whole 18.

Great job out there my man! Keep 'em coming!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

I took up really getting after golf last year. But made it a bigger focus for 2018. my goal in January was to break 100 three times.

A few lessons later and I have been able to get my swing in the right place.

Since then, I have done it 17 times. I have also broken 90 a total of six times.

However, today was a milestone day for me! I got out at 6 am, first one at the course and didn't see another person until I got through 8 holes. I was calm, confident, and most importantly consistent. I started the day with a par and back to back birdies. Finishing the front 9 at Even Par. I started the back with back to back bogies but was able to keep it in check. I ended up shooting +2 through 18. Finishing my round with a score of 71.

Not only did I break 80, I absolutely crushed it.

Course:

Kenwanda Golf Course

Snohomish, WA

Par 69

Slope 107

Distance 5,336

Nice shooting, "Ace"

Thumbs Up and a big virtual Hi Five

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Congrats!!! Be excited!

And hopefully you'll give us even more good news soon!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

YEEESSSSS!!!!

attachicon.gif thG8U7XAXS.jpg

... LOL, I had a round like the Bishop about a month ago. Started out with birdies on 4 of the first 5 holes and hit a shot 2 feet from the pin on the par 3 6th and a massive lightening bolt hit about 5 miles away and the siren went off. Spent the next 1:10 minutes in a shed. Never got to finish the round ... but I am sill alive! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

• 1 month later...

Well, I guess this qualifies...

84 yesterday, personal best.✔️

HC has dipped into the high teens.✔️

I would call this a successful season!🤟😀

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

4 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Well, I guess this qualifies...

84 yesterday, personal best.✔️

HC has dipped into the high teens.✔️

I would call this a successful season!🤟😀

Go you good thing!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!