Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Direct from the distillery

revkev

So we have lots of talk about the Kirkland Signature ball performing like a premium ball at a bargain basement price.

I know my scotches as well as the next guy. Not an expert but i have sampled a lot of scotches under $500 a bottle and a couple over that.

This one is 19.99 at Total Wines and Spirits. I doubt that I could choose between it or Lagavulin 14 which sells for 80-100 a bottle.

It's the Kirkland Ball of the scotch world. If you like a peaty scotch you have to give this a try.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

There's no advertising on this - you have to go to Total Wines and Spirits to purchase or order it online through their site.  If you buy it at the store and don't like it they will take a return for full refund. 

I'm telling you that this is a Kirkland all over again - we should have a scotch tasting session here. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Never could drink scotch....I'm a bourbon guy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Can't ship to WA; there is a Total Wines and Spirits store in Spokane about 150 miles away but that 19.99 a bottle would be more like $30 after taxes are added.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I went to bourbon from scotch because of the price. Now, bourbon is becoming as ridiculous as scotch in price. Having said that.... I love both!

I'm a bourbon man myself although Jack and I have been visiting lately. I enjoy my Tennessee whiskey too!   

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Never been too much of a liquor drinker.  Of course I have had the usual basic mixed drinks  and party based shots of moonshine, tequila, and whisky.  I can honestly say I have never tried scotch;  I even have a airplane bottle in my cabinet that has been there since probably the 90s because a friend of mine drank it and I wanted to have it for him.  This is probably a dumb question,  but does it go bad?      

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I visited the Lexington, KY area recently and went to a "Liquor Barn" store.....Wow! It's a Disney World for Alcoholic's!

They had everything and more.....but when I asked where the Old Weller Antique Bourbon was I was told they can't keep it on the shelves for more than one day.....Actually, it's like Pappy Van Winkle(same formula) only a lot less expensive.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Don't count out Kirkland when it comes to scotch either. IMG_2115.JPG

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Living in central Kentucky and being within 50 miles of several distilleries I have to say I hate the stuff. I'll just stick to my good ol As far as scotch goes only had the stuff one time. $40 for 2oz (not exactly the cheap stuff) tasted like rubbing alcohol and gasoline. I guess it's an acquired taste.

CobraConnectChallenge3

Just got home from a trip to the highlands. Visited Dalmore, Glenmorangie, and a couple smaller stills. I prefer the highland malts more than the other regions.

I've tried 2 of the Glenmorangie offerings and found both fantastic.

just starting to build my set

irons: Adams pro A12 3-pw KBS tour

woods: zenith orbiter 3 and 5

driver: Bombtech Grenade 9* Stiff

wedges: tour edge 56*

20170713_221313.jpeg

This one isn't real cheap but its unique to my area and really tasty. I can enjoy some peaty flavor but this mesquite smoked stuff is mind blowing.

just starting to build my set

irons: Adams pro A12 3-pw KBS tour

woods: zenith orbiter 3 and 5

driver: Bombtech Grenade 9* Stiff

wedges: tour edge 56*

Archived