Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

TaylorMade Face Slots

Doc1

Hey Guys & Gals !

I'm about ready to have a fitting for a new set of irons and wedges.  Will be trying just about every thing in the shop so have not  decide on brand or model yet.  I do like the TM M1 irons.  However they (Golf Spy) they were seeing swelling on the face slots.  Is this a fluke or are others seeing problems like that.  I don't switch clubs often so I don't want to have replacement issues down the pike.  My current irons are 2008 TM Tour Burners, so I will have whatever I decide on for some time.  Any feedback on the TM's or other brands will be greatly appreciated. 

Good luck! Make sure you let us know what you pick.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Im a TM guy and the face slots have been a problem for them. 

I had a set of RSi1 irons and the slot fell out. To TM's credit, they replaced it without even questioning it. Their customer service is awesome; sent my new clubs first, paid for the return shipping too.

I got a brand new set of M1s and was told the issue has been fixed. I dont have any reservation about playing them and if .... if something does happen I have the confidence in them that they stand by their products even when something goes wrong. 

Oh yeah, and the M1s are awesome clubs. Forged feel with the forgiveness of a cavity back. 

8hhf0J5.png

Thanks Guys

Yeah I have been using TM irons for years.  Had the series 200 before the Tour Burners.  I have had to replace a couple of TM drivers and It was never a problem a replacement.  The only problem is maybe getting the same club(s).  They replaced one driver with an updated model that did not fit me at all.  Of course clubs do break due to no fault of the company.  My irons will be fitted so I didn't want to have regrets 4 yrs down the road.

Thanks Guys

Yeah I have been using TM irons for years.  Had the series 200 before the Tour Burners.  I have had to replace a couple of TM drivers and It was never a problem a replacement.  The only problem is maybe getting the same club(s).  They replaced one driver with an updated model that did not fit me at all.  Of course clubs do break due to no fault of the company.  My irons will be fitted so I didn't want to have regrets 4 yrs down the road.

Mine were too and it wasnt an issue for them I gave them my specs and they new irons arrived matching them. They even gave me an option for the grips I wantd. Im still amazed.

8hhf0J5.png

How do the M1s play from a ball flight control standpoint? I'm a 1.5 and liked the feel the one time I tried the 7 iron but am concerned they fly so high and with the size of the club head and bounce that it would be hard to flight the ball down. Not looking for massive workability from draw/fad standpoint but need to be able to control the height.

Any experience?

Hitting from the wrong side of the ball...
Driver - 2017 M2 stiff kurokage shaft
3 wood - RBZ tour 3 stiff shaft
Hybrid - RBZ 3 18* stiff shaft
Irons: 3 - Mizuno MP60 w/S300

4-PW Titlest AP3 w/ PX LZ 60
Wedges - Cleveland Rotex 52* 58*
Putter - Taylormade white smoke

Im a TM guy and the face slots have been a problem for them.

I had a set of RSi1 irons and the slot fell out. To TM's credit, they replaced it without even questioning it. Their customer service is awesome; sent my new clubs first, paid for the return shipping too.

I got a brand new set of M1s and was told the issue has been fixed. I dont have any reservation about playing them and if .... if something does happen I have the confidence in them that they stand by their products even when something goes wrong.

Oh yeah, and the M1s are awesome clubs. Forged feel with the forgiveness of a cavity back.

If I was making a purchasing decision, this comment here would put my mind totally at ease. Customer service overcomes equipment defects.

The only recommendation I'd have is make sure you get a chance to hit clubs from multiple manufacturers. Although you may be a TM guy in your mind, you might be something else in your swing.

Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I had the TM PSI's and no issues with the face slots on the face or bottom of the club.  

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had a full set replaced by TM

its the second set of clubs they have replaced since April. Same issue the face slots crushing on the 5,6 irons.

There was no fuss they UPS the new clubs in 5 days and asked me to send my old ones back to them. 

​The issue will be if they go again, it will be clear that they aren't fit for purpose and as such they can be rejected and a full refund must be given in English Law.

I love the clubs and the feel but feel worried that if the issue is a widespread as reported then we might have an issue in a couple of years when the warranty is gone and I'm pushing out £600 more for new irons.

​Customer service has been first class, pity the product hasn't matched.

It's a flawed design...I suggest you avoid any and all TM irons with those troublesome 'face slots'.. ;)

The warranty only last a year...after that you're just screwed!.. :o

screwed.jpgDON'T BE SCREWED BY FACE SLOTS

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

As a kind of TM homer, I agree with the above statement. Fraasty caved a RSi 5 iron. I have no problems with Rocketbladez or Speedblades.

Yup! I would stay as far away from face slots as you could if you want to keep the irons for a while.

The speed slot however is great imo they just messed up putting it on the face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had both a set of RocketBlade Tours, and then a set of PSI Tours. The polymer in the Rocketbladez fell out and then on the PSI Tours the polymer came out of both spots. 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Archived