I workout on non-golf days. Upper body one day and legs the other. I do:

chest press, chest fly, lat pull, back fly, bicep curls, tricep push downs, trunk rotation, shoulder press, crunches, lateral raises, then row on my rowing machine

squats, calf raises, and deadlifts followed by rowing.

I also stretch 

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

A good combination of mobility, stability, and rotational core work. I find for myself and what I am looking to achieve, doing golf specific movements within my workout such as rotational movements have really helped my overall swing and tempo. There are a ton of good videos you can find online. I usually build my workout putting together tips from such companies as Golf WOD, Stallion Fitness, and Golf FOREVER. If you could only do one workout program, I would have to say that the Golf Forever Program is probably the best. They usually offer a free month with the purchase of their product but if you pay attention and take notes, you’ll be able to build your own program. Kettlebells also offer a great workout, especially when it comes to rotational power and core strength. 

Hope this helps, 

Matt 

Matt Accardi

When I first started getting "serious" about golf, I was of course seeing all the workouts the pros were doing and thought, those seemed like great exercises. Luckily, I have a good friend here in STL that is rated one of the Top 50 Golf trainers in the country and started following his advice at 18Strong.com. He quickly made it clear that these pros are the top 1% of the 1% and their workouts are specific for their game and us common folk should focus on the simple movements to get the most gains. So, I do a lot of push/pull work and focus on hitting the major muscle groups a few times a week with 1-2 sessions of explosive type activities (medicine ball throws/slams). I also try to incorporate stretching every day to keep the gears oiled up. By, following this methodology, I've noticed significant muscle & speed gains and I don't feel so tight all the time. Then about 2x a year I go on a 40 Day "Forge" where I really try to dial in my eating and stay away from booze. It works well for me and I enjoy the results.

Shep

On 8/16/2023 at 7:30 AM, Cruise said:

Check out the Fit for Golf app. I did several of different workouts for different times of the year or different abilities 

Curious if you need a lot of free weights or are bands good enough for this.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet 9* Ventus Red 5S shaft

3W: Cobra Aerojet Max 

Cobra LTDx 3H-5H

7-PW Callaway Rogue ST Max Elevate 85 steel shafts

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX zipcore steel 46*, 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Rossie

Ball:  Titleist ProV1 or AVX

They offer the workouts for free weights OR bands. If there are exercises that make you feel uncomfortable they offer alternative exercises. They have videos on how to do every exercise in their library. 

Ken "Cruise" Mancini

• 3 weeks later...

I just started the GOLFFOREVER program and I am a big fan. Granted, I’ve taken some time off in the gym since baby boy has been born. (January) 

My goal is to get some more functional fitness and mobility. I played football for 20+ years so I no longer need to lift heavy and am looking to lean out, maybe lose a little muscle mass so I can have more flexibility. 

This program has me very sore after the first week. Friday range session will be interesting. 

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

I used to incorporate 20-60 min yoga sessions daily depending on mood , great for flexibility and create a mental state . But now I started working on my strength training with Resistance Bands ( Still a working Progress ) . About 20 mins daily on resistance training . 

Good Luck with Training 

Driver : Callaway B21 12°

Hybrid : Mizuno Clk 19°

Putter : Ping PLD Anser 2

Wedges : Titleist Vokey 50,56,60 D grind 12°

Irons : Mizuno JPX921 4-PW

Bag : Ping Traverse 

• 5 months later...

Hi there. I try to go to the gym at least twice a week. I alternate between strength exercises and cardio. It keeps me in shape and makes me feel great. In addition, my game has improved since I started training. I used to almost live in a gym. I even worked as a trainer for a while. I achieved some success and won prizes at various powerlifting competitions (some of them with the help of growth hormone cinnatropin cinnatropin worldhgh ).  Those were wonderful times.

Edited by Andrian11
added some details

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2023 at 9:48 AM, D.Murphy said:

Kettle bell work outs are by far the best bang for your buck imo. 

If I have a limited amount of time, I can go into the garage grab ONE KB and I can make my life miserable in about 30 mins. That KB doesn't even need to be that heavy to get a lot of work in. 

Youtube would be your friend doing KB workouts if you haven't ever done / messes with KB before. 

Lot’s of great stuff here. 

My meager contribution is a finer point on the kettlebell recommendation. 

Kettlebell windmills. I stared doing them more for flexibility than strength, but you get both. I’m going to progress in weight now that I’m able to flatten my hand on the ground (left side was extremely tight compared to the right, so I had to work into it) and start doing some bent presses to see what they do for me.