Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Wrap Full Cord Grips

deejaid

I had a set of irons years ago that had Golf Pride Tour Wrap Full Cord grips on them and I loved the feel. It looks like Golf Pride no longer makes these grips and I can't see to find any wrap grips with cords.

Does anyone know of any other manufacturer making full cord wrap style grips?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Yeah, those seem to be the only wrap cord grip around. I read a few post about them and the cords aren't very prominent on them. The Golf Pride Tour Wrap Cords were incredible, I have a wedge here with one on it and it feels so good.

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

Yeah, those seem to be the only wrap cord grip around. I read a few post about them and the cords aren't very prominent on them. The Golf Pride Tour Wrap Cords were incredible, I have a wedge here with one on it and it feels so good.

Yeah my old DCI's have the tour wrap cords. Brutal on the hands. But they are still good, 20 years later.

- A.S.

Sent from #nothingfeelslikeamizuno dreamland...

Yeah my old DCI's have the tour wrap cords. Brutal on the hands. But they are still good, 20 years later.

- A.S.

Sent from #nothingfeelslikeamizuno dreamland...

You said it. I like long wearing grips. Especially since it can cost $100-$150 to regrip a set of clubs at home now with the prices of grips these days.

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

The full cord wraps were great. Many good grips went away.

If you like wraps, which I didnt other than the FC's, you might give the Star a try.

The Star Tour Star is awesome. Dont know how they make them so sticky or tacky really without them falling apart but they do. They dont deteriorate and they even give a 3 year warranty if Im not mistaken.

Anyway I heard about them when I was in AZ when it was said Phil used them early on with his KZG's.

They make a non taper that is the best driver/wood grip I have ever found, for me.

After years of using full cords in the desert just so they stayed in your sweaty hands its nice to have a grip that just stays in your hands regardless. Hot cold or otherwise so you can do your regular mess with your grip thing. The IOmic's do the same for me too for the rest of the bag as I like the small butt end on my irons. The FC's got quite slippery when it was cool out as they wore out and turned hard and slippery and no amount of cleaning or scrubbing would bring them back as we know. And I dont doubt the Star's will be used throughout before its all over which is saying something as wraps were never my choice once the FC Wrap went away.

I had a set of irons years ago that had Golf Pride Tour Wrap Full Cord grips on them and I loved the feel. It looks like Golf Pride no longer makes these grips and I can't see to find any wrap grips with cords.

Does anyone know of any other manufacturer making full cord wrap style grips?

I do not know myself. I still have one on my Vokey 52 They were a great grip. I was always a big fan of the GP Crown Cord grips. In fact I still have one on the last Penna driver I front line gamed. Cord grips got so expensive I got away from them over the years. IMHO the best cord grip made now is the Lamkin Crossline cord but man are they pricey. I do like the Lamkin UTX cord though I have one that came on my Adams 3 wood. I have always been this way though I have certain grips on certain clubs to get the feel I want for that club. Good example I have Tour Wraps on my VIPs and have had that ever since they came out with them. On my 62 Macs I have the old Tacki Mac Tour Pro wraps. The whole wrap thing on the blades came by accident. A friend of mine who owned a shop (since retired) and I got a smoking hot deal on some of those grips and went in and bought 250 of them. I threw some on the old Macs and liked the feel. When I did a major rebuild on the VIPs a couple of years ago again we got a smoking deal on the Tour Wraps and I went that way and liked it. On the 52 Macs again on a smoking deal I have the Maltby version of the Tour Velvets on those and they feel good also. I tune my feel a lot with the individual grip on each club. BTW on my Cleveland 56 I have the Maltby grip on it because it works well with that wedge for me. I use air to put my grips on and off with so I can tune the club to my feel

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

The Lamkin cord grips are pretty good, tacky but not too harsh.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I switched to midsize grips with a rib added and when i did I got the Lamkin UTX's since they were on a killer sale. The cord is not that prominent at first glance but between it and the ACE/REL layers these grips are VERY tacky. FYI I am a big hand sweater playing in humid south Texas, and had been gaming Z Grip Cords.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I switched to midsize grips with a rib added and when i did I got the Lamkin UTX's since they were on a killer sale. The cord is not that prominent at first glance but between it and the ACE/REL layers these grips are VERY tacky. FYI I am a big hand sweater playing in humid south Texas, and had been gaming Z Grip Cords.

Yep someone I forgot who sent me the poop on the scoop on those grips and it was a smoking deal. I did not bite because I do not like midsize or ribs but that is just me. But for you that was a great deal. You can not pay me any attention though because any of the regular guys on here will tell you I am quirky anyhow.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Looks like the Lamkin UTX might be the way to go as it is available in a midsize.

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

Royal Slot Cords come up on eBay. I'm still holding a grudge about all the blood those grips extracted from my young paws but they are incredibly durable.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

Archived